Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #16  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Good morning!
I cannot tell you for sure yet as I've been OP for 4 weeks now, well actually WI#5 tonight. So just finishing week 5 today. And my TOM started on the weekend, so we'll see what the scale tells me tonight. But my coach told me she has a lady who sees her and every month when TOM arrives she gains 10 lbs but then the following week she loses 10 lbs. I'm hoping I'm not like that or anybody else. It's pretty discouraging but everybody is different. I guess we'll just have to see when that time comes. All the best to you. And I'll find out tonight how TOM affects my weight loss.
I think you've got to put that into perspective. It's not actual weight, it's water, fluid, menses, etc. Don't be discouraged. As long as you're still on the program and not cheating, you're going to lose weight. You can't help but lose it!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone!

I have my WI later today at luncthime. My weight is up a teeny bit from the weekend but I don't know why, so I am expecting a 2 lb loss today. That would put me at 151 lbs on my Coach's scale... 1 lb off of phase II... what would you do? Just go to phase II or wait another week?
Okay. If I were you, I'd put phase 2 off for one more week. This will give you a little bit of 'wiggle room' in case you gain a little once you begin Phase 2. I know, you want to get off phase 1, but in all honesty, can't you wait just one more tiny week? We're talking about 7 measley days--not 7 months!

Personally, I think you'll be happier. Just my opinion.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone. Hope everyone has a great day. Looks like I'll be spending mine in bed as much as possible as this cold I was trying to ignore seems to have a good hold on me now. I feel like my chest may actually explode
Oh no! Well, try to drink as much water as you can. It will help flush the cold! Don't overdue things and just relax. Your body may still be getting over that glorious vacation. I hope you get better quickly. Being sick is definitely no fun!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Okay. If I were you, I'd put phase 2 off for one more week. This will give you a little bit of 'wiggle room' in case you gain a little once you begin Phase 2. I know, you want to get off phase 1, but in all honesty, can't you wait just one more tiny week? We're talking about 7 measley days--not 7 months!

Personally, I think you'll be happier. Just my opinion.
Yeah, good point...

My thinking is... phase II is not the one where you start gaining and it is not much different from phase I: one less packet at lunchtime (replaced with a protein) is all of the difference. You stay at phase II until you reach your goal.

DH was suggesting that I could try phase II because it may even speed up my loss and if not, he says that I could always go back to phase I for a week or two... which is a good point too.

I know that I have a few business lunches coming up in the next weeks: one tomorrow, one on May 31st and one on June 1st and phase II would certainly be easier to work with for these, although, I could just switch my lunch and supper on those days if I decide to stick with phase I.

I still have lots of packets left (2 mushroom soups, 1 broccoli soup, about 4 chili (some were given to me for free), 1 spaghetti, 1 Protidiet veggie beef soup and 2 omelets), so that would easily get me through another week or longer.

I hate making minor decisions! I have no problem with big life-changing ones, it's the little ones that are like sheer torture for me!

Honestly though, I am leaning towards spending another week on phase I right now...
Old 05-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #20  

Quote:
Yeah, good point...

My thinking is... phase II is not the one where you start gaining and it is not much different from phase I: one less packet at lunchtime (replaced with a protein) is all of the difference. You stay at phase II until you reach your goal.

DH was suggesting that I could try phase II because it may even speed up my loss and if not, he says that I could always go back to phase I for a week or two... which is a good point too.

I know that I have a few business lunches coming up in the next weeks: one tomorrow, one on May 31st and one on June 1st and phase II would certainly be easier to work with for these, although, I could just switch my lunch and supper on those days if I decide to stick with phase I.

I still have lots of packets left (2 mushroom soups, 1 broccoli soup, about 4 chili (some were given to me for free), 1 spaghetti, 1 Protidiet veggie beef soup and 2 omelets), so that would easily get me through another week or longer.

I hate making minor decisions! I have no problem with big life-changing ones, it's the little ones that are like sheer torture for me!

Honestly though, I am leaning towards spending another week on phase I right now...
While what you say is certainly true, it would be so easy just to switch lunch and dinner. I do that all the time, because with my thyroid being the way it is, I need to be able to get as much exercise (which at this point I have to admit is minimal) in before going to bed as I can. I generally have a very small evening meal (shake and veggies). It seems to work for me, and I'm definitely not hungry during the day afterwards, but as we know, each person is different. Once I leave Phase 1, I really don't want to have to go back to it. As long as you still have all of those packets, you could go either way without any additional expense.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #21  

Quote:
Yeah, good point...

Susie, I think your hubby might be onto something there. You have been working out a lot lately and the extra protein at lunch might actually help out. Bring it up to your coach.

This is such an ungodly hour for all the travel and night shifts of the past week, the time zone changes and stress. I have a newborn shoot this morning, somedays, the newborns can be just as draining as weddings. I have discovered Davinci syrups and although I am not one for sweet coffee I thinks I might be putting these sweet succulent syrups in a few puddings.

NSV for me, I m actually beginning to notice the change in my face.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Ugh, had a terrible day yesterday, first day that I allowed myself "food cheats" Now I feel really bad. Struggling with where to go Phase-wise, as by my scale, I reached my goal weight. I have two weeks of work travel coming up, so I was hoping to go straight to Phase 3, skipping 2, as 3 is more mangeable while I am travelling. Funny thing is I am afraid to make any changes! As sick as I am of Phase 1 foods, I am afraid to move on! I need to make my decision and soon, as it iis 7:30 WCT and I either need to scramble eggs and toast bread or make oatmeal! Decisions decisions! Any fast advice?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Eee! The scale said 170 this morning! I'm not counting it for my "official" WI but I'm still excited to see the number. The official WI will be later today.it doesn't look like I'll be able to hit my mini goal unless I somehow pull some really big numbers the next two weeks. Bummer. But I'll still try for it!

On a depressing note, I went to Target last night to pick up stuff to finish my daughter's birthday invitations and while I was there I looked at clothes. There were some cute ones but I was too scared to try them on. After being in an 16-18 for nearly 3 years it doesn't seem possible that anything in the regular sizes would fit. Even though yesterday morning I tried on size 12 capris I've had forever and they fit. I'm going to have to try on things soon though. I'm running out of clothes.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #24  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yeah, good point...

I would for sure switch to Phase 2 if I were you. I did it earlier on in my weight loss and it switched things up a little and jump started my losing again.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #25  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Good morning, IPers!! I've been a little MIA recently (life has been super busy) but I wanted to stop in and say "hi"! I've been reading posts as much as I can and it sounds like there are a lot of newbies (yay!!) and a lot of cheating (boo!!). As an oldie on this diet, I would encourage everyone to remember it's a no cheat diet. It's hard but you will see much more results by sticking to plan 100%. I have to say that I can see the finish line and it feels amazing. I've never been this size and my whole life has changed: I'm happier, sleep better, feel better, etc. Have a fabulous OP day!!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning, IPers!! I've been a little MIA recently (life has been super busy) but I wanted to stop in and say "hi"! I've been reading posts as much as I can and it sounds like there are a lot of newbies (yay!!) and a lot of cheating (boo!!). As an oldie on this diet, I would encourage everyone to remember it's a no cheat diet. It's hard but you will see much more results by sticking to plan 100%. I have to say that I can see the finish line and it feels amazing. I've never been this size and my whole life has changed: I'm happier, sleep better, feel better, etc. Have a fabulous OP day!!
Ash, how did the wedding go?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #27  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
While what you say is certainly true, it would be so easy just to switch lunch and dinner. I do that all the time, because with my thyroid being the way it is, I need to be able to get as much exercise (which at this point I have to admit is minimal) in before going to bed as I can. I generally have a very small evening meal (shake and veggies). It seems to work for me, and I'm definitely not hungry during the day afterwards, but as we know, each person is different. Once I leave Phase 1, I really don't want to have to go back to it. As long as you still have all of those packets, you could go either way without any additional expense.

Good luck with your decision.
I'm paranoid, so I'd stay Phase 1 and switch lunch and dinner. But your hubby might be right and it might actually jump start you. I think you'll do awesome either way!

As for me, kind of struggling. The scale hasn't gone down really at all since last week (at home...I'm a SW), maybe .5. I wish I knew how to break through this and get the weight loss going again.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
As for me, kind of struggling. The scale hasn't gone down really at all since last week (at home...I'm a SW), maybe .5. I wish I knew how to break through this and get the weight loss going again.
I don't know about you, or if you use any of these things, but the following items seems to hinder me (I must be VERY sensitive):
- Spry gum;
- More than 1 packet Stevia in a day;
- Nestea Zero
- Nestea Packets with Splenda
- Crystal Light Packets with Splenda;
- Flavored carbonated water

Also, do you weigh your meat/fish/poultry at dinner? I know that it's very easy for me to go overboard if I don't and that shows right away in my weight loss (for example, I had extra roast pork that I prepared with a rub made up of Allspice, sea salt, pepper and thyme on Monday because it turned out so good... and I immediately slowed down).

Extra water helps.

Getting enough sleep (or even extra sleep when possible) helps me too.

Do you have restricteds? If so, how often? If yes, maybe try to reduce the amount you are having (for example, every other day or only on weekends instead of every day)? If not, maybe adding them will help?

What week are you at? Certain weeks seem to be lower for most people.

Hang in there, I am sure you are due for a visit from the "Whoosh Fairy" real soon!

: : :

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-25-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #29  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. It's a dreary Wednesday here in Michigan. My mood is seeming to match it! Making some jello for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good OP day today!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #30  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Ash, how did the wedding go?
Oh boy, it was interesting!! There was major family drama and I became the buffer for more than I ever knew possible. I feel like I got some great shots and the bride and groom will be happy but I left feeling so inadequate! I think family/kids/newborn is more of my niche but I'm glad I was able to help out a couple with hardly any photo budget. Oh, and I felt like I was run over by a truck after the day was over! Normal?
Closed Thread