Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: SW 210/ 210/ 153

Height: 5'0''

I had WI#1 this morning and lost 3 pounds. I am doing IP with alternative products and I just weigh myself at home. I guess I am going to be a slow loser lol. I had already been restricting carbs so I think I did not have a ton of water weight. I am still committed to sticking with the program because 3 pounds gone is still 3 pounds gone! I also lost 1 inch on my waist and 1 inch around my chest.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning IP'ers! Back to 209 this morning! Now time to get to goal and be done!

Finished putting up a 3 foot fence around my new garden last night to keep out "critters". Mainly those "critters" are our dog and 18 mo old out of it, LOL! Hope I can get some good produce from this new garden.

Have a great day all!
My critter (dog) came with me to my community garden before I planted it. There are very large salamanders living in the garden beds, and he dug 2 large holes trying to get them to come out! Haha it was great. Until the most beautiful long salamander slinked out, he was just gorgeous with a long blue stripe... And I couldn't pull my dog back in time and well, he killed it. Cleanly and quickly, but it made me sad. I know there are others and it is just the way of things in nature, but now my dog doesn't get to come with me to garden. I want the salamanders to live! My dog is part husky/finnish-spitz so he has a high prey drive. He kills anything that moves, including insects and bees. He manages to rip the heads off the bees, which is great when they are in the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I have to wait until someone else opens and closes them. I haven't a clue how to do that. I'm just glad that MInewgoal started today's thread.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the cute little dingys at the bottom of my posts. I'm reading... but it's just not computin'..... *sigh* getting old s*cks! I just discovered yesterday that women in my age group are known as "Boomer Hotties"... wonder if that's because of hot flashes or what! Anyway... I know... you're a guy...*sigh*... and all along... I thought I was a cougar....

From a cougar to a boomer hottie in one day...
Hello? Why assume the Boomer Hottie term is for heat flashes? It is beause you ladies are HOT! Hot meaning good looking, not suffering from hot flashes. You're still a cougar, don't fret! Go to User CP in the purple bar at the top of the page and the go to Edit Signature (first item in the list on the left). Put whatever you want in there, little dancy dingys or broccoli, whatever- go wild!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Morning all you Happy IP'ers. Sooo, I think I am going to either cut out or tone down the MPH on my power walks because I was 136.4 on Tuesday AM and went to 137.8 yesterday AM and this AM 137.2. I think maybe just walking "normal" pace for an hour will be better than my 4MPH walk. Anyone have any suggestions? I have very muscular legs from years as a runner and I would not mind losing some of my calf muscle... Not sure how to do that without losing other muscle. Weather is finally shaping up here in CT and it is gonna be a great weekend for camping! peace-out friends
Yes, walk a normal (slightly slow) pace. OR actually just skip one day of walking. When I did that, my weight loss started again. I had the same blip (scale went up) as you, around 136 to 137 also! I was walking too hard. Also I added an extra packet on days when I walked and that helped too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I saw 170.5 on the scale this morning. I was naked and dehydrated, but I don't care! My next WI is Friday because my coach is out of town all next week... Nervous to WI again since I just weighed Monday. Fingers crossed for a loss!
Woohooo! 170! Happy dance! Naked and dehydrated! That's how we all weigh in.

And thanks for the celery root soup recipe. I'm going to make it since it's so rainy out and suddenly not hot anymore. Soup will go with the weather perfectly. So you just leave out the butter, right? The French cook everything in butter, it's totally not necessary but I guess it is the mark of French food. It's so great that the rest of the recipe is IP compliant! Now off to find a celery root- where do you get yours?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Morning all you Happy IP'ers. Sooo, I think I am going to either cut out or tone down the MPH on my power walks because I was 136.4 on Tuesday AM and went to 137.8 yesterday AM and this AM 137.2. I think maybe just walking "normal" pace for an hour will be better than my 4MPH walk. Anyone have any suggestions? I have very muscular legs from years as a runner and I would not mind losing some of my calf muscle... Not sure how to do that without losing other muscle. Weather is finally shaping up here in CT and it is gonna be a great weekend for camping! peace-out friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKlein View Post
Hey Twoww! It's funny that you mentioned gaining weight after a power walk. I went for a brisk walk yesterday for over an hour and also found I went up a pound from 134lbs to 135lbs today. Yesterday I ate good, so I was surprised at the scale today. Kind of frustrating that is for sure
The way I think I understand it, any time you break down muscle exercising, whether from lifting weights or power walking or whatever, your muscles then have to retain water in order to rebuild themselves... so, don't worry about a lb... you're doing a good thing, ultimately... the more muscle, the more fat-burning ability your body will have...

Quote:
I have to wait until someone else opens and closes them. I haven't a clue how to do that. I'm just glad that MInewgoal started today's thread.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the cute little dingys at the bottom of my posts. I'm reading... but it's just not computin'..... *sigh* getting old s*cks! I just discovered yesterday that women in my age group are known as "Boomer Hotties"... wonder if that's because of hot flashes or what! Anyway... I know... you're a guy...*sigh*... and all along... I thought I was a cougar....

From a cougar to a boomer hottie in one day...
The person who started the thread has to close it... glad you figured out how to get your ticker... I kinda like the "Boomer Hottie" name... my niece has been calling me a hot mama, & she wasn't talking about hot flashes!.. btw, what part of Texas do you live in?..

hugs
Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #19  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
The person who started the thread has to close it... glad you figured out how to get your ticker... I kinda like the "Boomer Hottie" name... my niece has been calling me a hot mama, & she wasn't talking about hot flashes!.. btw, what part of Texas do you live in?..

hugs
It took a while to get the ticker thingie, but I finally prevailed. I am the type of person who doesn't give up easily, so I embraced the challenge... heh heh...

I live in San Antonio, the home of the Alamo and Texas Liberty! Yippee ki ye (or however you spell it). What part of Texas do you live in? Was your area involved in any of the wildfires?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Pretty Awesome way to start Thursday- technically under 200! I saw 199 on my scale this morning - hooray!! So down 20 pounds, just need to lose the same amount three more times! Sounds less scary than saying I have 60 pounds to go!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

(Some of these responses are from yesterday)
Pxlkitty: (regarding celery root soup) Sounds like I asked at a good time, then! Lol. Thanks for posting the link. I've copied and pasted it onto my "IP recipes" document that I update almost every day lol. Glad it turned out well! (And congrats on the 170.5! You're so close to the 160s, and to your goal! )

Brandam6: (regarding where people lose most of their weight) I totally agree with you!I have plenty up top that I'd like to get rid of, but I've always been pretty endowed there. I've definitely lost inches and my bras are fitting better, but they just won't seem to shrink anymore! And I keep losing inches around my hips and thighs.

Anyone who discussed body wraps: I am curious about those, too. I've never had that done, but I heard that all they do is dehydrate you, so it's short-lasting. I have not done any actual research, so I'm not sure whether this is just a rumor. If anyone has more info, please enlighten me!

2rider: (regarding influencing people's dieting) I have noticed that too!!! My stepdad did an alternative IP diet for 3 weeks and lost over 25 pounds!! Also, many others have become much more conscious about what they're eating.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #22  

[QUOTE=CinnamonSparkles;3856690]Hello? Why assume the Boomer Hottie term is for heat flashes? It is beause you ladies are HOT! Hot meaning good looking, not suffering from hot flashes. You're still a cougar, don't fret! Go to User CP in the purple bar at the top of the page and the go to Edit Signature (first item in the list on the left). Put whatever you want in there, little dancy dingys or broccoli, whatever- go wild!

Thanks, CinnamonSparkles. I did finally figure out the signature thingie. I think I made it seem much more difficult than it actually was.

I know that age is a state of mind, and honestly, most days I don't feel my age, but I seriously hate labels. You know what I mean? I have to admit, however, that I prefer 'cougar' to 'cradle-robber.' Yes.. I married a much younger man and we have been together for 17 years (married next month for 15 of those 17). I was just getting used to that and all those jokes. Now, I learn that we former "Baby Boomers" are now "Boomer Hotties." So, now I'm wondering... does that make a 'boomer' who marries a younger man a "boomer hottie cougar?" It's sorta funny if you think about it. I sometimes have bizarre thoughts, I suppose.

(Just thinking out loud) I need to get my DH to take my picture so I can change this silly avatar into something more human. Then, we will have a record of this journey.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #23  

Quote:
It took a while to get the ticker thingie, but I finally prevailed. I am the type of person who doesn't give up easily, so I embraced the challenge... heh heh...

I live in San Antonio, the home of the Alamo and Texas Liberty! Yippee ki ye (or however you spell it). What part of Texas do you live in? Was your area involved in any of the wildfires?
I love San Antonio!.. I need to go down there again someday soon, just for the fun of it... I'm in the Lubbock area (boo, hiss).. wish I could move, maybe I will someday... anyway, there were wildfires all around, but none very close to my house... closest was probably about 10 miles...

I'm working on defeating a recent attack of self-sabotage... last week I was knocking on the door of 70 lbs. lost & am thinking a binge yesterday might've come from some unconscious fear of success or a feeling of unworthiness or something... so today I'm doing strict Boot Camp, hoping to give myself a kick in the seat of the pants... gotta get over that hump & onward to goal...

hugs

hugs
Old 05-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #24  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Did I do it?

YES!!! I DID!
congrats on your ticker, great job you can now change it whenever you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Pretty Awesome way to start Thursday- technically under 200! I saw 199 on my scale this morning - hooray!! So down 20 pounds, just need to lose the same amount three more times! Sounds less scary than saying I have 60 pounds to go!
Congrats, don't worry about then next 60 it is what you lost now that counts. Heres to losing the next 60 healthily and fast. I am hoping my next 50 the same way.

NSV - Whatever IP is doing to me keep it up... I work where there is shiftworkers and when I was coming in this morning I ran into one of the ladies from the midnight shift and she said she had to look twice to recognize me, I just had to give her a hug. That was a nice thing to hear first thing in the morning.

Have a great day.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #25  

I am such a goofball sometimes...

Does anyone remember the person who is opening her IP shop in San Antonio soon? I wrote down the information she posted and put it in such a safe place, that it's even safe from me! I can't find it! I've tried to remember when she posted the info--I think it was last week, and have gone through past posts in the Daily Chats, but I'm clueless.

HELP???
Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 222.8/177.0/140

Height: 5'1 1/2 "

[QUOTE=JoAnne9597;3856528]Good morning everybody!!

Well last evening I had my WI3. Down another 5.8 lbs and 13.7 inches. For a total of 17.6 lbs and 37.6 inches.

IMPRESSIVE!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #27  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
And thanks for the celery root soup recipe. I'm going to make it since it's so rainy out and suddenly not hot anymore. Soup will go with the weather perfectly. So you just leave out the butter, right? The French cook everything in butter, it's totally not necessary but I guess it is the mark of French food. It's so great that the rest of the recipe is IP compliant! Now off to find a celery root- where do you get yours?
Celery root can be found at Shoppers, Wegmans, and Harris Teeter here in Northern VA. I also got a great one from Washington Green Grocer (they deliver).

Yes, leave out the butter... I just use celery root, garlic, water, chicken soup base from Better then Bouillon, salt, and pepper. What happens with those ingredients is quite magical. Enjoy!

I'm hoping to see 169.5 sometime soon.. That will be a huge victory, since I was 172.5 when I was married 5.5 years ago and I haven't been in the 160's in a very long time (more than 10 years).
Old 05-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #28  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3843178-post4.html
Old 05-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #29  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks Brandy!!! I'm keeping myself motivated and I have a great husband who supports me!!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I love San Antonio!.. I need to go down there again someday soon, just for the fun of it... I'm in the Lubbock area (boo, hiss).. wish I could move, maybe I will someday... anyway, there were wildfires all around, but none very close to my house... closest was probably about 10 miles...

I'm working on defeating a recent attack of self-sabotage... last week I was knocking on the door of 70 lbs. lost & am thinking a binge yesterday might've come from some unconscious fear of success or a feeling of unworthiness or something... so today I'm doing strict Boot Camp, hoping to give myself a kick in the seat of the pants... gotta get over that hump & onward to goal...

hugs

hugs
Ten miles is much too close for comfort, my dear. Are you guys getting ANY rain? Here it is flooding all over the country and we are nearing stage 2 water restriction. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but who know... Winter is our rainy season and we didn't get much. I wish they would build some of the viaducts from the Mississippi over to Texas. It would sure help us out.

If totally understand where you're coming from with the self-sabotague. It's that wounded child in all of us that sets us up for sabotague. But--we will prevail, Aunt Sheshie. We are much stronger than that little voice that whispers, "it's only xxxxx or it's only a taste of xxxxx. I need it. You're punishing me... I've been so good; I need a reward," etc etc (ad nauseum). We just cannot do that to ourselves. We must learn to love ourselves.

WOW! 70 pounds! That's wonderful! Think of how far you've come and how much better you must feel. Concentrate on that. I'm going to put you in my friend's list. Send me a private message whenever you're feeling like you're going to give in. I'll be there for you!
Closed Thread