Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #31  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Yes!! Big time. Birth control loses its effectiveness, too. Also, I have to wear a pantiliner every day, even when it's not during TOM. Fat releases estrogen, so you can experience all sorts of weird things, like mood swings regardless of where you are in your cycle.

And to anyone who is worried about low weightloss during TOM - Stay strong and don't give up! It's just once a month! I ALWAYS gain 2 inches around my waist during TOM, thanks to water retention. Grrr! You'll be down more next week.

Sorta makes me jealous of guys, who can lose more per week and don't have to worry about TOM! Lol.

So glad to read your first paragraph...I have been on plan for 36 weeks, but the last 8 or so....I have had to wear a panty liner daily too...nothing major but annoying. My doctor wasn't sure but thought it could be related to my diet.

Quote:
I hope this is not an offensive question, but what do you mean by "even better about staying OP"?
Good question. I really do fear that people think this is a diet that can be twicked a little (we are all so used to Weight Watchers). This is such a strict strict diet. I never took a bite, lick, or taste of anything off protocol for the first 16 weeks and lost 52 and that was awesome, but a different story since then, but I am in a very different place mentally and hence I started the experienced thread to talk about long-term issues with the diet. but I really firmly believe for the first 3-5 months 100% or not at all.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 224/204/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
well, what a crappy wi, it is my TOM and i only lost 1 pound, but that means next week maybe super good!!!! i am not gonna let it get me down at all cause i gain anywhere from 3-5 lbs heavier on TOM, so i still lost 1 pound, so that is something to celebrate! have a great day!
I was the same way at my weight in, down 1 pound yesterday and it was TOM! I hope to see a bigger number next week!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #33  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
I am intrigued...tell me more about the pizza please....
if you look on the recipes 2 link page 30 I posted the cilantro pesto and pizza there and earlier on the link is the bbq or Peanut Thai pizza... kind of like the old Boston Pizza Thai without the carrots and cheese, but loaded with veggies and bean sprouts. After 2 - 3 months on this diet I wanted something similar to bread so I made the pizza dough from the crepe packet by mixing in italian spices and putting enough water to make a dough. Also tried the crackers that are on the recipe link too... liked them as well with my soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
So glad to read your first paragraph...I have been on plan for 36 weeks, but the last 8 or so....I have had to wear a panty liner daily too...nothing major but annoying. My doctor wasn't sure but thought it could be related to my diet.

Good question. I really do fear that people think this is a diet that can be twicked a little (we are all so used to Weight Watchers). This is such a strict strict diet. I never took a bite, lick, or taste of anything off protocol for the first 16 weeks and lost 52 and that was awesome, but a different story since then, but I am in a very different place mentally and hence I started the experienced thread to talk about long-term issues with the diet. but I really firmly believe for the first 3-5 months 100% or not at all.
I agree it is a strict diet, and I for one am glad you started up the experienced thread as I can do this diet but I also have to change my mental thinking about food, am slowly working on that and hopefully one day I will succeed. I find at the beginning we are so overwhelmed with the diet that we don't have to change our way of thinking but after a while you do think about food differently, I so crave veggies now it makes me laugh as my veggies use to go rotten in my fridge... I am glad for the change.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dony View Post
Hey everyone, on day 5 and having rough morning. Woke up very light headed and weak and did really dumb thing, took my meds and supplements before breakfast, got very nauseas. Eat breakfast and still feeling little weak.

First 4 days actually felt more energetic than I had in a while. Really looking forward to my first WI on Monday.
I'm on day 5 also! I hope you feel better, that is crappy. Thus far, I have been feeling well. At first, I to was light headed after taking some vitamins in the morning, but I quickly changed and now take them all with dinner. Hang tough dony!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #35  
Re-started IP 01/16/12

S/C/G: 220/206/130

Height: 5'8"

Howdy all! I have been on IP for 3 weeks and I'm feeling great. I've lost 17 pounds and my NSV for this week is that I busted out the size 16 pants. Feels good to have dropped 2 pant sizes. And I got to add my signature, yay I hope everyone has a happy friday the 13th!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #36  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
today will be wi 5 for me. i am so excited!!! i think i have done pretty good this week as far as weight goes. i can feel myself getting smaller, and boy is that a great feeling. i hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Crystal I can't wait to hear how you did! You're doing amazing! I have WI 5 late this afternoon and I feel smaller too!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Crystal I can't wait to hear how you did! You're doing amazing! I have WI 5 late this afternoon and I feel smaller too!
i didn't do so well. TOM. i lost 1 pound, so i am still celebrating, cause any other time i have a 3-5 lb weight gain. so this is great to me. i think next week will be wonderful. let me know how you do.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
I hope this is not an offensive question, but what do you mean by "even better about staying OP"?
I know it's not good but i have a toddler and while fixing his meals i would sometimes lick a spoon clean or eat that last animal cracker. never more then 1 a day. i was still losing so i justifed it as a small thing to keep me from major cheats. this week a promised myself a perfect OP. now I've lost nothing since monday
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelonadiet View Post
I know it's not good but i have a toddler and while fixing his meals i would sometimes lick a spoon clean or eat that last animal cracker. never more then 1 a day. i was still losing so i justifed it as a small thing to keep me from major cheats. this week a promised myself a perfect OP. now I've lost nothing since monday
Is it possible that those small cheats were keeping you from going into ketosis and that you were just losing weight due to the calorie reduction and now, maybe, by being perfect OP, you are going into ketosis and it may be taking a few days for your body to adjust? If this is the case, it will really fall off once all in motion! <fingers crossed!>

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-13-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Hello All,
today is the first day that I have been able to post but I have been 'lurking' since beginning IP 10 days ago. The first three days were incredibly hard and I thought hard about continuing but it's true that but the end of the first week it is pretty smooth sailing I would just like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and recipes as it has made this a more enjoyable diet!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Just checking in to say hi and wish everyone a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #42  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
After 9 weeks, I finally stalled and lost .4 oz. WOW....Depressed or what! I will still continue but not feeling good about myself right now. Haven't cheated an ounce...
I had the same thing on WI#6. Not cheating an ounce (still haven't), and I had only lost .5lbs that week. I got so discouraged. But this week's WI, I dropped 4lbs. So hang in there and next week will be much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelonadiet View Post
I'm stalled out I was even better about staying OP this week. So frustrated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Is it possible that those small cheats were keeping you from going into ketosis and that you were just losing weight due to the calorie reduction and now, maybe, by being perfect OP, you are going into ketosis and it may be taking a few days for your body to adjust? If this is the case, it will really fall off once all in motion! <fingers crossed!>
I think Susie Bee nailed it.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

angelonadiet, could there be other factors? TOM? Different scale? Time of day? I'd wait until your official WI before getting discouraged (in fact, I'd hope you wouldn't be discouraged at all, and maybe go down in inches instead). It could also be what Susie Bee mentioned.

Quote:
i didn't do so well. TOM. i lost 1 pound, so i am still celebrating, cause any other time i have a 3-5 lb weight gain. so this is great to me. i think next week will be wonderful. let me know how you do.
My WI #5 was really low, too. How about the inches? I'm sure next week will be better for you. The number on the scale used to be my priority, but now I prefer losing inches - that's when clothes start getting looser on me, and I can fit into old clothes again, and that makes me happy.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #44  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
My WI #5 was really low, too. How about the inches? I'm sure next week will be better for you. The number on the scale used to be my priority, but now I prefer losing inches - that's when clothes start getting looser on me, and I can fit into old clothes again, and that makes me happy.
My WI#6 was really low. My coach said that most people stall out a litle at some point, between 5 and 9 weeks. We collectively chalked it up to bodies needing to rest and heal. I did have a good loss the week after.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
My WI#6 was really low. My coach said that most people stall out a litle at some point, between 5 and 9 weeks. We collectively chalked it up to bodies needing to rest and heal. I did have a good loss the week after.
My weeks 5 and 6 were both in the 1-pound range, but I wasn't too disappointed because I lost a bunch of inches. Then week # 7 I lost 4.2lbs (and no inches... WTH?? lol), so yeah, I had the same experience.

I figure as long as I'm eating what I should be eating, and doing what I should be doing, my body will lose weight and inches as quickly or slowly as it should.
Closed Thread