Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altona32 View Post
Good morning everyone !!
I spent some time last night looking at Nutrition labels and now I am confused !!

The Ideal Protein chocolate pudding has 110 cal, 0.5 g fat, 15 mg, cholesterol, carbs 7g, sugars 4g .

I looked at the rice cakes which are non IP and they are
35 cal, fat 0.2 g, cholesterol 0, Carbs 3, sugars 0

If i look at the two, rice cakes are the way to go for a snack. I know you are not getting your protein, but this cannot be all that bad.
I guess what I am asking is : If i eat these will I get a setback ?

TOM is rearing its ugly head soon and I guess im feeling hungry these days
Have the (milk) chocolate pudding instead. The protein helps you feel full. If you eat a snack with only carbs from rice and no protein, you will be hungry again pretty soon after. Also, perhaps the chocolate will help with your mood? You don't want to get less protein than prescribed lest your body decided to cannabalize itself.

I had to give my bf a good kick in the pants because yesterday he cheated with two peanut butter cookies that someone gave him at work. He said, hey it had peanut butter in it, so I don't need my evening snack packet, right? WRONG! LOL i made him eat it. Sorry, just getting out some pent up feelings with the emoticons.

I have some extra today, who needs some? Haha.

How many carbs does the dark chocolate pudding have and who likes it? I haven't tried it. My clinic is out of it at the moment.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #32  
Altona32

Thanks PXlkitty !! Your are so right !
I think if one tests the waters and eats some of these foods than it will lead to
bigger things. At least for me that is how it will be !!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #33  

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday!!! Hope everyone has an OP day
Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #34  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Judogirl,

Congratulations!! What a wonderful job you have done. I am so impressed with your determination and attitude. You are such an inspiration! I hope you will continue to share your wisdom, experience and enthusiasm with everyone here. We are celebrating with you!!

Lynn
Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #35  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Good morning everyone !!
I spent some time last night looking at Nutrition labels and now I am confused !!

The Ideal Protein chocolate pudding has 110 cal, 0.5 g fat, 15 mg, cholesterol, carbs 7g, sugars 4g .

I looked at the rice cakes which are non IP and they are
35 cal, fat 0.2 g, cholesterol 0, Carbs 3, sugars 0

If i look at the two, rice cakes are the way to go for a snack. I know you are not getting your protein, but this cannot be all that bad.
I guess what I am asking is : If i eat these will I get a setback ?

TOM is rearing its ugly head soon and I guess im feeling hungry these days
If you're carb-sensitive like I am (I'm sure many of us are) those would be the worst choice! The whole point of this diet is to avoid insulin production as much as possible. Rice cakes won't work with that. You'd probably do better with a cheese string (make sure it's 0 carb) or a boiled egg to hold you over if you're hungry. Always go for the protein!

I had a surprise lunch out yesterday and I ordered a salad with chicken on it. I forgot to ask to hold the dressing, so I ate the chicken and the few veggies that weren't saturated with dressing. Within 2 hours I was sugar starved! It was crazy. I don't know what was on that chicken, but it obviously had some sugar in it. The result of all of this was that I ended up snarfing down 2 bars in the evening. It was like a feeding frenzy.
I've lived with compulsive eating/binging for a long time and the 9 days I've been on IP I haven't even had an inkling of desire to binge until then. I'm disappointed, but it's onward and upward now and lesson learned!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #36  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Thanks PXlkitty !! Your are so right !
I think if one tests the waters and eats some of these foods than it will lead to
bigger things. At least for me that is how it will be !!
Sometimes we all need a little tough love. My coach is good at that, so sometimes it rubs off... Hopefully people don't see it as rude.

At orientation, she made the point about alcohol. "If you want to drink, don't do this diet. Don't waste your time, my time, or your money." I have applied that advice to everything and it's working for me so far.

Finally, my friends get it too. They used to say to me "Awww, come on... you can eat this... it has no fat. It won't hurt." I would point to the sheet on my fridge and say "if it's not on the sheet, I can't eat it." It's strict, but simple.

Now they say "Can you eat this?"... The answer is normally, "No, but thank you for thinking of me. I really appreciate your support, and I will bring my own xxxxxx (dessert, salad, etc.)."

BTW, I'm working from home today because literally everything I have that is work-worthy is falling off me. I HAVE to go shopping. I never thought I would have this problem. I took tomorrow off work to hit the thrift shop. If I can't find good stuff there, I'll be hitting the Talbots outlet store.

Love the program and it will love you back.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 04-21-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
I had my first consultation yesterday, and I am very excited to get started. I have about 35-40 lbs to lose. I'm Looking forward to getting my inspiration and motivation on these pages.

About me: I am a stay at home mom to seven great kids ages 3, 6, 9, 11, 12, 14, and 15. Being as busy as you can imagine I am, the idea of not having to think about what I'm cooking really appeals to me. I think i'll like just being able to open a package and go.

Becky
i too am a stahm to 2 kids and this diet is great, i homeschool too so it makes it easy not to have to think, i just eat what i can have and don't eat what i can't have! i wish you the best and i think you will so awesome!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #38  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

I just got back from WI #2. Down another 5# and 3". It was not the 10# I was hoping for but I will take it. My clothes are looser and I wore some size 16 pants last night. I took my girls to Disney on Ice last night and watched as they ate pizza before and dippin dots during. It was not too bad but I saw someone eating a funnel cake...then I noticed the large size of the girl eating the funnel cake and decided I am better off smaller with no cake. LOL.

Today my coach said you should be losing more and looked puzzled. I have not cheated and stayed on track so I am not sure what else to do. She said no excercise so I can not do it that way. I eat a restricted packet for breakfast, usually a bar. I have been loving the omelette for lunch filled with broccoli and mushrooms. Then dinner is a piece of chicken or steak with roasted broccoli and may be kale chips or cauliflower. Before bed I drink a shake. That is it. Am I not eating enough?

Last edited by traeh1314; 04-21-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
WI #15 for me today and I lost another 6 lbs, gone for good. It is still strange that a week and a half ago, I had my planned cheat for my birthday and consumed a lot of BEERS, this caused a significant weight gain mostly due to fluid and of course knocked me out of ketosis. According to my keto stix I am not in ketosis still. Been back on protocol 100% the day after. I feel just fine, no bad breath which I did not have this the first time in ketosis either.

Any thoughts as to why I am not in ketosis anyone? I am not too concerned, just perplexed.
Consider it a birthday gift! You are still losing, don't sweat the small stuff! Wow 6 pounds AND birthday beer...impressive!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #40  

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=JudoGirl;3818066]Ok here it is...I hit my goal yesterday....70 lbs....can I say that again 70 lbs...
I am 5'7" and people are calling me slim, skinney, half of me, hot, and loads of other fun things...
This has been the best thing I've ever done for me...I will post new at goal pictures soon...
To celebrate...I went and bought some clothes...and had a ball...
dress pants...size 10 long....dress for a wedding really pretty size 12 it looks incredible my husband said...shirt size large and medium...tankini size 12....and shoes i lost 1/2 a size and do not wear wides anymore..that was pretty cool....
QUOTE]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It is sooo inspirational to hear someone's met their goal! I can't wait to see your progress pictures
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Fat Chick View Post
I bought tons of Easter candy for grandkids yesterday and it all made it home unopened!!!! That is a first for me.
I bought a bunch for my Grandkids too. I bought the prefilled eggs. Far less tempting! I thought, "If I open any of these it will be like stealing from little kids!" LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #42  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Reinergirl - congrats, fingers crossed I hope to be there today... wooohoooo

RSV, I was getting dress this morning and I had these dress crop pants that I couldn't wear last summer as they were too tight. Put them on today and tucked in my shirt and found they were really loose. so I was running around looking for a belt and looked down and they were half off my butt and my underwear was showing... so I took them off and put them in my to give away pile, then had to find something else to wear. Makes me laugh though, me running around looking for a belt and them falling down around my ankles (well not quite but)... have a good day all.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Have the (milk) chocolate pudding instead. The protein helps you feel full. If you eat a snack with only carbs from rice and no protein, you will be hungry again pretty soon after. Also, perhaps the chocolate will help with your mood? You don't want to get less protein than prescribed lest your body decided to cannabalize itself.

I had to give my bf a good kick in the pants because yesterday he cheated with two peanut butter cookies that someone gave him at work. He said, hey it had peanut butter in it, so I don't need my evening snack packet, right? WRONG! LOL i made him eat it. Sorry, just getting out some pent up feelings with the emoticons.

I have some extra today, who needs some? Haha.

How many carbs does the dark chocolate pudding have and who likes it? I haven't tried it. My clinic is out of it at the moment.
I don't have the nutrition facts w/ me for the dark chocolate pudding but it's now tied for my favorite IP product along w/ the combo of the PB soy puff/choc soy puff combo. If you're a dark chocolate fan then definitely get it. I will say that my first 2 bites I was not impressed but as I slowed down to enjoy it, it went from whatever to - omg can I pre-make a box of this lol.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #44  

I am having a so so day, I am in a bit of a foul mood, and this is making me want to have a easter egg...of course I have not given into temptation but when I get over stressed well this is why I am the weight I am.

I am wanting and hoping for a great WI next week, hope everyone has an amazing day and wonderful long weekend.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I have WI#4 today. Here's hoping it's good! I didn't even eat an extra bar this week! I did pretty good on my water, at least 72 oz a day.

I thought the nori sheets sounded like a good idea! I wonder if it would be good with hummus later?

I've been loving the kale chips and even tried alfalfa and bean sprouts this week and loved them! Shocked. We have a wedding to go to next week so I need to put my WI a day early. I have a dress I haven't worn since before babies that fits nicely now. I just hate my arms so I need to wear a cardigan still. I can't decide if I hope for the dress to still fit by then or not! I have a second option too though. I gave one to my sister thay I haven't worn in forever but I may steal it back for the night if it fits!
Closed Thread