Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I am working on something and need a little help...If you were going to rate where you go to weigh in...what would you say was the
1. best thing about the clinic...

2. something they should work on...

Thank you...
:east er2:
:east er3:
1) The best thing about my clinic......It is nearby and they are well stocked with products.

2) They need to work on motivation skills. I have gotten much more info and motivation from this site that from my coaches.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

UGH I just found out I have to be in DC the rest of the week. No official WI for me this week

I've also decided to stay with my parents between my sisters bridal shower and the wedding so there is not at much back and forth between Indiana and PA which means about 5 weeks of no official WIs either. I wonder if I can get my IP packets from my mothers coach so I don't have to buy 5 weeks worth before I go!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #63  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Hola!

Happy Monday to all, just wanted to wish everyone a great OP week. We can do it!!

"Defeat is often a temporary condition, it is giving up that makes it permanent"!! <---- love this quote

Old 04-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmisan View Post
Hi - I'm from Calgary too My coach said it's ok to exercise as long as I have half a protein pack before and after each exercise session. She monitors my lean muscle mass % every WI to ensure I'm not losing any (which I haven't, including addition of exercise so far). If there is a decrease, we'll add more nourishment around the exercise. I believe it is manageable as long you're monitoring your lean muscle mass and compensating for the calories required for the exercise (in my opinion and exerience).
That's cool! Where in Calgary do you get your product? I'm in the south so I was referred to Okotoks. I might try the 1/2 protein thing and see how that goes. Are you adding an additional protein or just the three that's recommended? I find it interesting that some of the IP providers don't seem to be on the same page, which makes things a bit confusing
Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #65  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
UGH I just found out I have to be in DC the rest of the week. No official WI for me this week

I've also decided to stay with my parents between my sisters bridal shower and the wedding so there is not at much back and forth between Indiana and PA which means about 5 weeks of no official WIs either. I wonder if I can get my IP packets from my mothers coach so I don't have to buy 5 weeks worth before I go!
can you WI in DC? Or do clinics not let you do that? I can give you the name of my coach if you want (in a private message). She's in Bethesda, just outside DC...
Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Okay, I need to take some progress pictures (I already have "before" pictures and "before IP" pictures at home)! I just completely freaked out one our Receptionists! I thought the poor woman was going to have a heart attack. She was in complete and total disbelief about how much weight I've lost and how good I look. I thought I was going to have to get her to breathe into a paper bag or give her water or something...

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-18-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
can you WI in DC? Or do clinics not let you do that? I can give you the name of my coach if you want (in a private message). She's in Bethesda, just outside DC...
Its not that big of a deal. I was looking forward to being at home all week and getting to WI and then I found at the last minute I have to head to DC tonight.
I also know I will be in New York next week, but the client hasn't decided on the days yet!!!

Good thing I brought my hubby with me last week, now he knows where the place is so he can pick up my food!
I just hope my clinic starts up some weekend hours sooner rather than later. My clinic is only open T W TH each week. I knew this could be tricky with my work schedule, I was just hoping it it start happening about 2 weeks from now.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
I forgot to mention something funny that happened over the weekend. I was sitting in church on Sunday and they announce it is communion Sunday!!! Juice and bread! I freaked a little. I was not sure if they would have wafers or real bread. I took it anyway and was down this morning so it did not hurt me but I never even thought about it...

You'll start to have a new appreciation for communion! Not nearly as wonderful as thinking of Jesus' gift to us but you do get a half an ounce of juice a month, haha.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #69  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawniebear View Post
That's cool! Where in Calgary do you get your product? I'm in the south so I was referred to Okotoks. I might try the 1/2 protein thing and see how that goes. Are you adding an additional protein or just the three that's recommended? I find it interesting that some of the IP providers don't seem to be on the same page, which makes things a bit confusing
Hi - I'm in the SW & my coach has two locations: one nearby Westhills, and one downtown (where I WI since I work DT).

I am adding the additional packet before/after exercise. Actually, I have been having 4 packets every day because my lean muscle mass dropped in the 2nd week, so it was required to prevent that from continuing (ie. on work-out days, I have 5!). I was very nervous about those 'extras' causing weight gain; however, I learned that if your body does not have enough it will likely go into 'starvation mode' and hang on to fat, rather than burn it. For me, it would hinder my fat loss to have only 3 per day. Everyone's metabolism/body is different, but your coach's measurement of your lean muscle mass % every week will show what is optimal for you (ie. # of packets required so you don't lose muscle %).

If you would like more personal info on my IP experience or my stats etc...just PM me & I'm happy to answer.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #70  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Its not that big of a deal. I was looking forward to being at home all week and getting to WI and then I found at the last minute I have to head to DC tonight.
I also know I will be in New York next week, but the client hasn't decided on the days yet!!!

Good thing I brought my hubby with me last week, now he knows where the place is so he can pick up my food!
I just hope my clinic starts up some weekend hours sooner rather than later. My clinic is only open T W TH each week. I knew this could be tricky with my work schedule, I was just hoping it it start happening about 2 weeks from now.
Yes, those are tricky hours... Hang in there... You have the right attitude.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

So, weigh-in #1 and I lost 1.8lbs. I am ok with this as I knew I would not have the dramatic water weight loss since I did Atkins right before this diet. It would have made me a little happier to see a larger number but oh well. I can hope for 3 gone for next week!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

can anyone chime in on the drawbacks of coffee? does it make you retain water - affect weigh ins etc?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Just a quick note to share the results of WI #5: -4 lbs
Also a NSV: size 11 pants today!!!

She took measurements today and I can't remember them all but in the past month, I've lost weight everywhere including: 1.5 inches off my thighs and 4 inches off my waist.

I am halfway to my goal! I am so happy!

sp8275: You look amazing! Gorgeous pic!
Great job SusieB!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #74  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

WI 19- Down 2 more lbs and 3 inches !! Yeah! Have a great IP week all!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #75  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
WI 19- Down 2 more lbs and 3 inches !! Yeah! Have a great IP week all!
Two pounds closer to ONEderland. Congrats! Keep up the good work.
Closed Thread