Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #181  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening all. One more day of on plan eating is nearly in the books- other than a shake before bed. As an aside- does anyone have opinions on SF jello? It's not 0 everything, there are 10 calories and 1 g protein, but 0 carbs. Not sure if I should eat it.

I tried making some veggies into soup, but my boullion mix has msg in it, so I used 1/4 of what I should have and tried to spice the pot up with seasonings. Not my best pot of soup, but a good switch from sauteed veggies. I'll be eating soup for lunches at work and pairing it with a salad and a covert shake. (This diet is on the DL still)

I have to say that for day 5 I feel pretty great! I haven't had any blood sugar issues, which is like a miracle! My sugars used to drop like a stone 90 minutes after a meal and now I'm going hours with no issues. I'm not having the insane cravings- even while preparing meals for the kids. It's pretty great!

I have been waging the metal battle because I tend to get super-anal about tracking, journalling, measuring, etc and then I burn out. This time I'm just following the protocol and doing my best. So far I have to say that I'm loving this plan!

Last edited by M0vingon; 04-17-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 256/223/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
I had WI #6 yesterday and am down a total of 17lbs. For whatever reason, I gained 2 pds last WI and lost it this time. I'm only 10 pounds away from my goal weight of 107 (I'm only 4'11") and I can't see being on Phase 1 much longer. It's seems the closer I get to my goal, the less weight I'm losing. Would it make sense to move into Phase II to see if some weight will come off?

Also, the lack of fibre has me constipated beyond belief. Not even novi-lax is working and I'm up to 4 a day which I think is getting a bit crazy. I'm losing weight everywhere but not many inches from my waist because I'm always bloated. I drink enough water but am only going once a week. Does anyone have any suggestions? I AM DESPERATE!
I have had great results with constipation with Udo's choice Super Bifido Plus Pro biotic. After the 3rd day I have lost so much tummy hardness and inches after I started this! Love it!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #183  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleBell77 View Post
I have had great results with constipation with Udo's choice Super Bifido Plus Pro biotic. After the 3rd day I have lost so much tummy hardness and inches after I started this! Love it!
Another idea that I heard about on this forum is Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality CALM plus calcium. It is a magnesium-calcium (sound familiar?) blend. It is easy to drink (can you say yummy?) and seems to work great. I've only tried the raspberry-lemon flavor.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default The Big C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Another idea that I heard about on this forum is Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality CALM plus calcium. It is a magnesium-calcium (sound familiar?) blend. It is easy to drink (can you say yummy?) and seems to work great. I've only tried the raspberry-lemon flavor.
I love CALM! It's so great.

Back to the big C discussion, please talk to your coach about it. Once per week is not enough for you to have a movement. Definitely start taking probiotics.

Are you taking digestive enzymes with your meals? They have IP brand ones or you can use others. Are you taking Omega-3 fish oil? That can help with constipation, and it helps your joints. I take 6 per day due to back problems and at the advice of my doctor.

Also, you can get powdered vitamin C and put a whole bunch (1/2 tsp+) in water. It is a known laxative in high amounts. Are you exercising? Start a walking regimen. That helps me! Also, eat more lettuce for the fiber. There's a liquid that is sold at drugstores called magnesium citrate Magnesium Citrate at CVS. My coach tells people to take it if they are not going (it's ok on the protocol). It comes in a 1-2 serving bottle and once you open it, you have to use all of it as it doesn't keep. If you are at last ditch efforts, I would try that.

Then of course there's Ballerina tea. Search on Amazon. I have not tried it but have heard it will make you go. I am sorry to hear about your trouble! Can you tell it has affected me in the past? I hope you find some relief soon!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 262/254.5/170

Height: 5"7"

Okay, here I go. I'm off to bed and ready to jump head first into the IP program tomorrow. My IP shake and soup packets are ready, along with a salad and my veggies plus my supplements. Wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts. Away I go.......................
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Thanks! Staying with family in St. Hubert I think? Can't wait!! If you see some crazy girl yelling Susie B, that's me!! haha.
You laugh but St-Hubert really isn't very far from me at all. How long will you be around? My life is kind of crazy with a full-time job, two little kids and a husband with crazy work shifts but maybe we can arrange a meetup, if you like... and if the universe cooperates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolphin53 View Post
Okay, here I go. I'm off to bed and ready to jump head first into the IP program tomorrow. My IP shake and soup packets are ready, along with a salad and my veggies plus my supplements. Wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts. Away I go.......................

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-18-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #187  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow This Thread is now Closed

Please post all new topics, comments, and replies on today's thread: 18 April 2011
Closed Thread