Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #16  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

NSV for me last night. I've heard all the hype about going "shopping" in your closet for long lost clothes that we haven't been able to wear, well I did it last night!

All of my spring pants that I haven't been able to wear in a good two years will fit perfectly by the time the snow is gone! I was so happy, couldn't believe it. I know the scale says I've lost 28 Lbs, starting to get the comments on how I look, and I feel great but this was the confirming moment! I now have the confindence to overcome my weekend cheats and meet my goal that much sooner!

Congrats to all the other NSV and SV today. Happy St. Patty's everyone!
JCWilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #17  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Well my mother got off the plane and didn' recognize me because I have cut all my long hair off and had it lightened. She never said she like it, she said it makes me look taller with short hair. HEY, WHAT ABOUT THE 30 LBS?
I never said anything, I'm waiting to see if she notices today. By my scale I'm down 30.2. I really don't care if she does notice, but I thought it was obvious since I did see her at Christmas time at 214...................I know, I'm 55 I shoudn't still let t bother me.
yes mom's can push our 'panic' buttons.. I truely am there with you..

My mom already told me she's going to look better than me at my son's wedding.. now what mother EVER says this???
Happy St Patrick's Day Everyone!
Coastalcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #18  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

happyloser2011- If you didn't see this reply yesterday, I set up an email acct where you can contact me- [email protected]
Coastalcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #19  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
NSV for me last night. I've heard all the hype about going "shopping" in your closet for long lost clothes that we haven't been able to wear, well I did it last night!

All of my spring pants that I haven't been able to wear in a good two years will fit perfectly by the time the snow is gone! I was so happy, couldn't believe it. I know the scale says I've lost 28 Lbs, starting to get the comments on how I look, and I feel great but this was the confirming moment! I now have the confindence to overcome my weekend cheats and meet my goal that much sooner!

Congrats to all the other NSV and SV today. Happy St. Patty's everyone!
Ahhhh......your post made my day! I can't wait to be where you are! I have a box of clothes that I wore about two years ago, and am looking forward to the day that I have to dig through it because the clothes in my closet are TOO BIG!!! You should be proud!!! WTG!
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

My mom already told me she's going to look better than me at my son's wedding.. now what mother EVER says this???
A mother who is afraid of getting old and is in competition with her gorgeous daughter. If she makes you feel bad she'll feel better? Pretty sad. I know you'll be beautiful and make your son proud! You have done a great job!
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #21  

Default wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

A mother who is afraid of getting old and is in competition with her gorgeous daughter. If she makes you feel bad she'll feel better? Pretty sad. I know you'll be beautiful and make your son proud! You have done a great job!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #22  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Happy St. Patty's Day...not Irish, but love pretending for 1 day!

Heading to a 3-day EMS conference this weekend.....slightly nervous as any other trips I have made I had a choice of food at restaurants. At the conference they serve buffets with limited choices. I am packing my WF dressing (thank goodness they come in 1 oz. pkgs!) so I know I can have salads....but I'm hoping they have other options besides the usual fried chicken and other buffet items.

I have been doing this for 6 months...and why am I NOW getting nervous? Silly really.
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #23  

Default Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by argiles2002 View Post
So I'm about halfway through week 4 on the diet. After weigh in # 3 my total amount lost was 12 lbs and 16 inches. I wish it were more...but I know that not everyone is the same and some people just lose it a little slower than others. Anyway, the last couple of weeks have been hard because I haven't been hungry and have had to force myself to eat all of the required food. My cravings were gone too though, which was a good thing. All of a sudden though, my hunger is back with a vengeance. The last 2 days I have felt hungry all day and am having a lot of cravings. I have stayed on plan and haven't cheated at all, but I know I've been grumpy. Do others go through this too?
Drink more water. True makes a 0/0/0 addition that is wonderful. the raspberry/lemonade is the BEST. I found it at WalMart. So yummy. Make sure you drink 100 oz if you can.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #24  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Good Morning all you IP Champions. Have a great St. Patricks Day and best of luck on all weigh ins today.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #25  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Well its time..I'm going to start my search for the perfect red swimsuit...
I'm right at my goal and i'm swimsuit ready...Its about time to add a training and start taking my new body and getting it tone..I want to be able to do some hiking and walks ....I don't have all that extra weight to carry..so i'm going to start a new bucket list..that does not inclue sitting infront of the TV..
its about enjoying life and moving this new body of mine...its a new chapter..

Yay, yay, yay!!! I'm soooo happy for you!! I cannot WAIT for that day!!! Oh to feel comfortable in a bathing suit again!!! Have fun shopping!! You will probably have a tough time deciding on which one because they will ALL look great
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
p.s.- Does anyone constantly dream about ONEderland? I haven't seen a number on the scale that starts with a "1" for probably 12 years and I can reach out and touch it now!
LOL!! Yup....dream about it all the time!!! Last time I was in ONEderland was back in 2007....can't wait to be under 200 again....and THIS TIME keep it off!!! Sooo excited for you!! Can't wait to wish you CONGRATS on that magical day!!

Last edited by disgal; 03-17-2011 at 10:41 AM.
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #26  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Happy St Patty's Day to All!

WI# 20 for me and another 3.6 lbs washed down the drain. YAY!

Wishing everyone the "luck of the Irish" for their WI's.
smh321pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #27  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Well my mother got off the plane and didn' recognize me because I have cut all my long hair off and had it lightened. She never said she like it, she said it makes me look taller with short hair. HEY, WHAT ABOUT THE 30 LBS?
I never said anything, I'm waiting to see if she notices today. By my scale I'm down 30.2. I really don't care if she does notice, but I thought it was obvious since I did see her at Christmas time at 214...................I know, I'm 55 I shoudn't still let t bother me.
I had a similar experience with my mom. I hadn't seen her for 2 1/2 mths, lost 35lbs and coloured my hair dark. After spending 3hrs with her without a single comment, I finally asked what she thought of my hair. She replied "I prefer you blonde"! I didn't bother to ask about the weight-loss. When I saw her at Christmas (55lbs down) I finally said "well?". Her response was "yeah, I noticed."
I was pretty heart-broken that of all people, my mom is the least supportive but I have to step back and see where it's coming from. My mom has been over-weight her entire life. She is a type 2 diabetic with other health issues caused by her weight. I tried to tell her about this program but she is a farmer to whom potatoes and bread are required foods. I don't think she can envision ever living without them-even temporarily.
It sucks that the person you spend your entire life trying to please (no matter your age) isn't jumping up and down with excitement for you but remember lots of people are. We are all very proud of your accomplishments! Keep going!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I had a similar experience with my mom. I hadn't seen her for 2 1/2 mths, lost 35lbs and coloured my hair dark. After spending 3hrs with her without a single comment, I finally asked what she thought of my hair. She replied "I prefer you blonde"! I didn't bother to ask about the weight-loss. When I saw her at Christmas (55lbs down) I finally said "well?". Her response was "yeah, I noticed."
I was pretty heart-broken that of all people, my mom is the least supportive but I have to step back and see where it's coming from. My mom has been over-weight her entire life. She is a type 2 diabetic with other health issues caused by her weight. I tried to tell her about this program but she is a farmer to whom potatoes and bread are required foods. I don't think she can envision ever living without them-even temporarily.
It sucks that the person you spend your entire life trying to please (no matter your age) isn't jumping up and down with excitement for you but remember lots of people are. We are all very proud of your accomplishments! Keep going!
WOW That was very touching and very accurate! Great post!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

i'm about a month and a half into this program and i haven't lost a pound in almost 2 weeks! what the heck is going on?? i'm not doing anything differently. i'm afraid my body is getting used to this diet and will stop losing i'm still hanging on at 202. it's like my body does NOT want to be in onederland.
cajunbumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

PROTEIN QUESTION; when is it TOO much protein for your body? does anyone know if there is a way to calculate what is right for each person? What is the limit, before it is converted to extras and stored as fat? Thanks all!

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 03-17-2011 at 12:33 PM.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote