Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Monday, 14 March 2011
Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #2  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Default Good Morning...

I'm still tryiing to get my sleep routine back to "normal". I've been up all day yesterday, all night and just greeted my hubby this morning at 6 AM before he goes to work. After having knee surgery and taking meds, my sleep cycle is still messed up (surgery on Feb 18). Go back to see the doc on Thurs. hoping he'll tell me that my knee is doing so well that I can chuck the walker and use a cane instead. Currently just trying to keep my weight steady and hope to get back into the groove after I get back to work on a regular schedule.

Hope everyone on the board has a great day. Keep on keeping on!

:-)

Last edited by wendyiris; 03-15-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Have a great IP day everyone!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Tuesday

Good Morning everyone! WI today, but had enough salt yesterday to float a ship so I think I'll wait until tomorrow and drink the gallon of H20. I tried the salt water flush but it didn't work! Not quite sure what I did wrong, but I'm pretty thirsty this morning!
Have a wonderful day! It's supposed to be 80 on Thursday. I can't wait!
Mary
Old 03-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default lettuce question

I have a question for you. Is iceberg lettuce the only lettuce that is unlimited? I want mixed greens to be unlimited.
Thanks,
Mary
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyiris View Post
I'm still tryiing to get my sleep routine back to "normal". I've been up all day yesterday, all night and just greeted my hubby this morning at 6 AM before he goes to work. After having knee surgery and taking meds, my sleep cycle is still messed up (surgery on Feb 18). Go back to see the doc on Thurs. hoping he'll tell me that my knee is doing so well that I can chuck the walker and use a cane instead. Currently just trying to keep my weight steady and hope to get back into the groove after I get back to work on a regular schedule.

Hope everyone on the board has a great day. Keep on keeping on!

:-)
Please remember when you have surgery and pain meds they really do a number on your body and the pain meds alone will add temporary weight gain...main thing get back on that leg so when you lose your weight you can enjoy all the fun exercises-dancing-hiking and living...

:luckyou:

Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #7  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Please remember when you have surgery and pain meds they really do a number on your body and the pain meds alone will add temporary weight gain...main thing get back on that leg so when you lose your weight you can enjoy all the fun exercises-dancing-hiking and living...

:luckyou:

Thanks, JudoGirl! I appreciate your response. I know I'll be fine...just getting anxious to get going again and get back on track to meet my goals. Have a great day!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning, everyone!

Day 2 for me...

I just wanted to thank you all for your the warm welcome, encouragement and great advice from yesterday (and this weekend).

Day 1 was not at all what I expected. I didn't expect my body to react so quickly! I thought that it would take at least until day 2 for my body to realize that something was up but that was not the case for me at all.

I started the morning with the omelet. It smelled good, it tasted good. When I sat to eat it, I had a hard time getting it all down. I threw some of it away. I'm not sure if it was because of the taste or I find it "heavy" that early in the morning.

I wasn't really hungry until lunch time but then I was quite hungry! I went to the gym all dressed and ready to work out. My coach told me not to work out at all this week, that I will need my energy... so I did not. I just did my initial weigh in and measurements and headed back to the office to eat.

The mushroom soup was okay. Nothing to write home about. I am so glad that I threw in some fresh mushrooms. The solid parts made it go down a lot better for me. I also had some salad (iceberg & mixed greens) with cucumber, radish, green pepper and a dressing that I made myself (olive oil, apple cider vinegar and dijon with sea salt and pepper). I enjoyed that.

By the afternoon, I started feeling dizzy. I figured it was just psychological and didn't give it too much thought.

When I got home for supper, I was hungry. I had a dill pickle while preparing supper (grilled pork chop, broccoli and asparagus). As I was preparing supper, I had to go the bathroom a lot (TMI) = LOTS of handwashing but it's okay. Then, right after that and before eating, I got an eye migraine with headache. I forced myself to eat supper because I was no longer hungry feeling like that. I added an Omega 3 to the other supplements. I took Tylenol and lay on the couch. It sort of passed. By 8 p.m. I was tired, grouchy and did not want my last packet (and supplements) but I had a ready-made chocolate milk shake, followed by some herbal tea (The Skinny by David's Tea) and wow! That was great! I felt so much better afterwards. By bedtime, I had a nice, comfortable warm and fuzzy feeling. I would have slept well except my daughter had a nose bleed in the middle of the night... ugh!

This morning, I developed a bit of a headache not long after waking up (took Tylenol) and I've been feeling "kinda funny". I guess this is working much faster than I would have thought!

I am eating the cereal at the office this morning because my coach warned me that I need to wait two hours to take the supplements after taking my Synthroid in the morning or I may rule out the effects of my Synthroid. The cereal is more "portable" but I find it a little weird. You have to constantly stir because the powder does not dissolve well. I think, for me though, it goes down better than an omelet in the morning. I am going to save the omelets for breakfast or lunch on the weekends.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-15-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #9  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Susie - you're describing exactly how I felt when I first started about 3 weeks ago. Everyone on the boards recommended increasing my salt and it definitely helped the headaches and dizziness. Also, those feelings passed about 4 days into the plan.

And I agree about omelettes on the weekend. I always make that a big meal and add 2 cups of veg: green pepper, green onion, asparagus, etc. and make a nice egg scramble with the omelette. Pretty delicious!

You're doing great! Good luck out there!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning IP troopers. Hope everyone has a great day and here is to another 100% protocol day. We should all be proud of ourselves. Keep at it.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Day 2 for me...

I just wanted to thank you all for your the warm welcome, encouragement and great advice from yesterday (and this weekend).

Day 1 was not at all what I expected. I didn't expect my body to react so quickly! I thought that it would take at least until day 2 for my body to realize that something was up but that was not the case for me at all.

Please please please Hang in there!!! I remember my first week .. it was sooo long!! I didn't know if I would be able to do it! And now, weeks goes by and I don't even sees it!!

By the way at which clinic are you going in montreal? I'm at the one on Bélanger and Iberville.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #12  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

happyloser2011- Hi! you requested the pudding packets I have. I tried to send you a private message but you have it blocked. Please send me a private message where to mail the packets. Thanks!

Thanks everyome else for the good wishes. I am aiming for a 30 lb loss for the wedding, working with my new dr. As I have mentioned in previous posts I am having a problem with my bladder as the result of the amount of Protein needed daily to lose weight on this plan. It has inflammed my bladder, AGAIN, and yes I drink all my water. My new plan has me consuming a lowfat yogurt daily,( for calcium) grains for fiber, lots of assorted veggies, and lean protein. My dr's shared that Calcium supplements sit in the stomach and do not get as well absorbed into the body as if it were in the food/skim milk, we drink.
I am looking forward to better health!!
hugs and best wishes to you all!!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #13  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Good IP Tuesday Everybody!

I've been catching up on some forums... and I just love this tip from Rocky!
I will be using it for sure. Thanks Rocky!

Quote:
I got through it by pretending I had moved to a foreign country where they did not serve any of my "usual" foods and I had to find new things to eat that I liked--I love to travel so that made it work for me.

taken from http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3757199
Posted by: Rocky Monarch
On: 03-14-2011 04:06 AM

Now, it's confession time...
I've had a pretty nasty IP slip this past Saturday...
Ate a small cheese pizza all by myself

I am sooooo mad at myself & embarrassed. But I felt that I should confess this horrible sin, instead of pretending as if it never happened.

I've been "bootcamping" it ever since & feel focussed. But weekends are soooo difficult since it's not as "routine" as weekdays and social engagements can be tricky, so much temptation all around.

But I must keep my eye on the prize!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Please please please Hang in there!!! I remember my first week .. it was sooo long!! I didn't know if I would be able to do it! And now, weeks goes by and I don't even sees it!!

By the way at which clinic are you going in montreal? I'm at the one on Bélanger and Iberville.
Thank you! I am not ready to give up! I am being patient and giving it time.

I'm at Swann gym in Central Station ("Gare Centrale") in downtown Montreal.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #15  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I have a question for you. Is iceberg lettuce the only lettuce that is unlimited? I want mixed greens to be unlimited.
Thanks,
Mary

Hi Mary

When you did the salt water flush did you use warm water? I did it with warm water and it did the trick. Also did you try 1000 mg Vitamin C that was another recommendation my coach had was to take one of those a day and since then I have had no "bathroom" issues. You want want to discuss the Vitamin C thing with your Coach and see what they recommend.

Iceberg Lettuce question - I was told by my coach that Iceberg is technically allowed but there is no nutritional value so he does not recommend it. He recommends the following - Romaine, Field green mix, Arugula, Fresh Spinach, and he also stated that these lettuces were unlimited for me. Again you may want to ask your coach but I have lost 47lb i n10 weeks on these lettuces without an issue but it is always good to check with your coach anyway. Good luck!
Closed Thread