Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Pxlkitty,

Here you go...

Lynn
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
Tried the Tomato soup last nite for the first time and it was gross. I had hoped to use it to make some kind of a sauce but I don't think it would do the job. I put garlic, spices and fresh basil in it and it still didn't help with the taste. Any ideas how to improve it? Checked the recipe boards and there wasn't much there. I loved the vanilla pudding though. Such a nice change from rasberry jello.
I put some apple cider vinegar in the soup and it improved it greatly. I wouldn't cook with it as I have a sneaking suspicion that it would turn things pink. I added the vinegar after it was hot. I didn't have fresh basil, but will try that next time.

I too love the vanilla pudding. I make it with about 10 oz very cold water and then pour it over ice for a nice milkshake. I plan to add some vanilla or peppermint extraxt to it next time to add some additional variety. For some reason, I find the chocolate pudding a little strange. The chocolate drink is SO much better.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

Default RE: Aunt Sheshie progress photos

WOW! You look AMAZING! What a fabulous testimony to the results of IP when we follow the protocol. I am almost 6 weeks in now, and struggling this week (kid stress, husband stress, work stress - pretty much covers it, eh??). You all are what keep me going! Thanks for your inspiration!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Default What to do for sisters wedding??

My sisters wedding is next weekend, and I`m unsure about what to do! My original plan was, if I wasn`t at my goal ( about 7 more pounds to go) I`d phase off for 1 or 2 days and then go right back on phase 1 on Monday following the wedding. Now I`m not sure....I went to phase 2 but was scared to go to phase 3 this week so stuck to phase 2 eating. What would you do? Would I break my momentum by going totally off? (I know I would, but would it be really hard to get back on track for these last 7-10 pounds? )I don`t really want to be worrying about my food over the weekend, but I`m not totally sure I`m ready to eat "regular" either! Any thoughts?!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shetaz View Post
Re: Aunt Sheshie Progress Photos
WOW! You look AMAZING! What a fabulous testimony to the results of IP when we follow the protocol. I am almost 6 weeks in now, and struggling this week (kid stress, husband stress, work stress - pretty much covers it, eh??). You all are what keep me going! Thanks for your inspiration!
Thanks so much, shetaz!.. even though my weight loss has slowed after all these months, I'm still hopeful I can get to the weight I'm wanting & encouraged so much by my wonderful IP family, oldies & newbies alike... there's just so much enthusiasm here, one can't help being influenced by it...

I won't be on the forum during the next few days... I'll miss y'all, but I have a great reason... I'm picking up my son & grandson at the airport this evening & heading for my parents' for a great visit... I'm soooo excited!!!.. planning to switch to Phase 2 while I'm there...

hugs
Old 03-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Cappucino = AMAZING!

I had my first taste of the cappucino drink today - I tossed it in a blender with five iced cubes, 150ml of ice cold water and a bit of the WF Chocolate Syrup and thought I died and went to heaven! It was amazing! I can`t believe I have been missing out on this for six weeks!
The DBF and I are heading out to do some shopping this afternoon - just for the sake of going out shopping! Not sure I will buy anything, but definitely needing new pajamas - haven`t bought new in a long time and the weight loss is definitely cause for it.
Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi Juiceman -- sorry to hear about your little guy!!!!!! -- must be spring or something because my baby girl had a ride in a sirened chariot this week (aka ambulance) because she couldn't breathe -- found out she had a severe case of croup....UGGGGG these respiratory things (RSV, Croup, asthma) are soooo scary. I am sending good vibes and better breathing to you all. Sucks when they are so little to be so sick. I cannot believe how much I just wanted to eat crap while I was at the hospital....I didn't but I wanted something to take my mind off of watching my daughter struggle to breathe...so I guess it was a NSV but it sure doesn't feel like one. Sending hugs from my baby girl to your little guy
Very sorry about your daughter's illness. It is so frightening and stressful when our children are sick. Hope she gets better quickly. Good job to you staying op.
Hope you all are back to normal quickly!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
I love this plan because of the weight I've lost, but honestly I'm not loving all the flavors. I know I need to suck it up and deal, but eating it 3 times a day is a lot. I have so much respect for those who've been on it months! My coach hasn't been doing this for long and I don't think he has a lot of clients so he couldn't do sample boxes and won't let me return opened boxes of stuff I don't like or exchange packets. Is there anybody else in a similar situation that would like to trade packets? For example, I've tried the WB yogurt drink twice, it was actually the first thing I ate, but I hate it, with a passion. I still have 5 packets left, so I would love to trade, maybe sell them. I also have a hard time eating that chocolate and strawberry puddings, but I love vanilla.
Anybody have any ideas?
I found that adding a little vanilla extract and a little sweetner made the chocolate pudding much better. I'm not sure if that is considered op on ip but my friend who lost 50 lbs on IP last year adds vanilla to almost everything. I keep forgetting to ask my coach about that. I bet it would help that yogurt drink too. I also hear many people talking about the walden farms syrups - chocolate and carmel - I keep forgetting about those myself but hear they're great. Very icky about your coach's policy. That's not going to help him build up a business. I would hate to have to buy a whole box of something - especially your first visit.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Couts71 thanks always for the weekly encouragement. It means a lot.

I have to do the not so fun shopping of finding a couple of bathing suits today. I do not care what size you are it is probably one of the not so nice things to do on any women's list. I am heading out to West Palm Beach for a long weekend next week and tried on my bathing suits and they are big (yes I should be happy) but it is just a dreaded chore to do. Hopefully the "lighting" in the dressing rooms will work for me today (Please laugh).

Hope everyone has a great Protocol day and looking forward to reading everyone's weight losses and NSV's tonight.
I TOTALLY agree with you. Buying a bathing suit is the most difficult no matter what your size. I just tried on a beach cover up yesterday and that was scary. Didn't cover up nearly enough! However, it reinforced my need to keep on losing if I even want to be able to wear shorts this summer. That brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask every one - the other big C - celulite. Maybe I'll try to start a thread on that.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Hi all,
Well, glad to be back on. Been struggling a bit, but survived. Stayed at a 28 lb loss for two weeks, then gained 1 lb the 3rd. week. That was as of last monday and since have lost 2.5 lbs.according to my scale, but I will wait for the official weigh in next monday. I ate too many proteins each day and not enough water. Anyway I was determined to get back on track and have. Am no longer going to buy the bars, to hard to stay away from them! Just keeping it simple, kind of a "modified" boot camp, I guess.

The cool thing is this diet does work and we can't beat ourselves up or quit if we stumble or hit a plateau occ. Someone talked about taking a break then getting back on. It was a tempting thought when I was staying the same, but I fought through it and feel like it was a NSV.and feel stronger for the next battle. POWER TO THE PEOPLE, Ok now I have just dated myself. Let's all hang in there together one day, one meal at a time. God bless you all and may your troubles be few. Best to your little one juiceman.
Thumper, I had to "step away from the bars" too. You are doing great. It is discouraging when the weight loss isn't happening. It's helpful to read an experience like yours because so many of us have also. Good to hearthat if you keep at it - it pays off.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #115  
Re-Start for the Last 20

S/C/G: 230/195/145

Height: 5'5.5"

My weight loss has slowed to a crawl, in my 5th week. I don't have a coach but mentioned it at the Spa where I purchase my IP products and she thinks it is because I allow my vegetables to brown, when I saute or bake them. What do you think, anyone? I know I am not drinking all the water I should so that may be it too?? HELP. I feel discouragement creeping in..........
Old 03-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
I had my weigh-in today...first of all my coach was over half an hour late. Then, when I had a loss (yes a LOSS) of two pounds, she seemed incredibly disappointed in me. Over the last week and a half I have been battling stomach issues and recently dental surgery, thus making it a challenge to consume my 3 packets, plus my real protein and veggies, plus my water. To be honest, I wasn`t expecting a loss at all!
I figured a loss is a loss, I have lost 10% of my initial starting weight (29lbs) in six weeks. I don`t see how that is problematic. Sure I would like it to be more, but it`s better than none! I am starting to consider going with Ideal2Go because of the frustrations I am having with my coach. I expected her to be more encouraging given the things I Have been through the last couple weeks.
I'm sorry your coach isn't helpful. My coach yells at me, berates me, belittles me, tells me on weeks where I've lost 3 lbs. that I'm not working hard enough, blames my lack of energy on me, when I showed a 1 lb. loss of muscle mass instead of all fat loss - she yelled at me again and told me they were going to "terminate" me from the program. I'm in week 8. My losses have been 5, 4, 3, .5, .5. 2, 0. We have to turn in our journals every week and those are scrutinized by the local IP sales rep - who then has the Dr. call us at home and tell us what we're not doing right. They get confused, they forget some of my medical history and things that we've already discussed she brings up again as if we never talked about them. I'm constantly explaining myself, they make me feel like a child. I hate going there. I started to lose steam 3 weeks ago, I just felt crappy about going in to the office, I started to question the program, I ate more protein than I should - never ate foods off program, just more than I should. I started this diet (my coach is my cardiologist) because my blood pressure was 180/110. Three weeks in she checked my blood pressure again (right after picking a fight with me) and it was still 150/90. She yelled that this program probably wasn't going to help me, that I was obviously a Type A personality - told me I should get therapy - then closed the door and proceeded to tell me that she was now in therapy for the first time in her life because she was having marital problems !! - I'm not a type A, am no stranger to therapy. Anyway, I have had minimal weight loss the last 3 weeks (3 lbs. and some inches) but when they took my blood pressure yesterday it has come down to 120/80. I was euphoric, so happy. They were pleased for my BP victory, but told me that if I didn't lose 3 lbs a week from now on, they're going to "terminate" me. It's all I can do to remain positive and try to convince myself that this diet is for me - not for them. And not for them to make me feel like s***.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
I'm sorry your coach isn't helpful. My coach yells at me, berates me, belittles me, tells me on weeks where I've lost 3 lbs. that I'm not working hard enough, blames my lack of energy on me, when I showed a 1 lb. loss of muscle mass instead of all fat loss - she yelled at me again and told me they were going to "terminate" me from the program. I'm in week 8. My losses have been 5, 4, 3, .5, .5. 2, 0. We have to turn in our journals every week and those are scrutinized by the local IP sales rep - who then has the Dr. call us at home and tell us what we're not doing right. They get confused, they forget some of my medical history and things that we've already discussed she brings up again as if we never talked about them. I'm constantly explaining myself, they make me feel like a child. I hate going there. I started to lose steam 3 weeks ago, I just felt crappy about going in to the office, I started to question the program, I ate more protein than I should - never ate foods off program, just more than I should. I started this diet (my coach is my cardiologist) because my blood pressure was 180/110. Three weeks in she checked my blood pressure again (right after picking a fight with me) and it was still 150/90. She yelled that this program probably wasn't going to help me, that I was obviously a Type A personality - told me I should get therapy - then closed the door and proceeded to tell me that she was now in therapy for the first time in her life because she was having marital problems !! - I'm not a type A, am no stranger to therapy. Anyway, I have had minimal weight loss the last 3 weeks (3 lbs. and some inches) but when they took my blood pressure yesterday it has come down to 120/80. I was euphoric, so happy. They were pleased for my BP victory, but told me that if I didn't lose 3 lbs a week from now on, they're going to "terminate" me. It's all I can do to remain positive and try to convince myself that this diet is for me - not for them. And not for them to make me feel like s***.

In my opinion, this is nothing but out and out abuse. They are working for YOU - not the other way around. I would personally tell them to stuff it and order my stuff online or go to another clinic. I would also report the cardiologist to the governing body for physicians in your area. I am a patient advocate and know that it is clearly and unequivocally unacceptable to berate and abuse a patient. Many people I know that have weight struggles are struggling with other issues too, not the least of which is self-esteem. Who needs some ***hole yelling at you when clearly you are not gaining weight. Don't take that kind of nonsense. Too bad I'm not in your area, I'd go in and give them a piece of my mind for you!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #118  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Well just got back from WI#16 and I lost -1.2 lbs for a total weight loss of -82.4 lbs not a huge loss but a loss is a loss. More importantly I am starting Phase 2 today till I meet my goal weight. I hope all you IP Champions are having a great IP day.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #119  

Just got back from weigh in #7 & I'm down another 10lbs from last week!

Last edited by Adnamaj; 03-12-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #120  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning IPers! Yesterday was the first day I've been out of town (and hugely out of my element) in the 9 weeks I've been on this diet. We were working on the home study for our 2nd adoption! Very exciting stuff. Well, I'm so excited to say that I was 100% on plan. We had to sneak away to Subway for a salad for lunch and, for dinner, the waiter was nice enough to have the kitchen custom make me a salad because they had nothing on their menu that would have worked. I'm so proud of myself. There is something about this diet that just STICKS with me. Only diet to ever do that.
Have a fabulous weekend, all!!
Congrats on the 2nd adoption! That is so exciting! I was an adoption case worker for a couple of years. My favorite job by far!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Couts71 thanks always for the weekly encouragement. It means a lot.

I have to do the not so fun shopping of finding a couple of bathing suits today. I do not care what size you are it is probably one of the not so nice things to do on any women's list. I am heading out to West Palm Beach for a long weekend next week and tried on my bathing suits and they are big (yes I should be happy) but it is just a dreaded chore to do. Hopefully the "lighting" in the dressing rooms will work for me today (Please laugh).

Hope everyone has a great Protocol day and looking forward to reading everyone's weight losses and NSV's tonight.
I bet it will be more fun than it would have been 50 pounds ago!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlehyena View Post
My weight loss has slowed to a crawl, in my 5th week. I don't have a coach but mentioned it at the Spa where I purchase my IP products and she thinks it is because I allow my vegetables to brown, when I saute or bake them. What do you think, anyone? I know I am not drinking all the water I should so that may be it too?? HELP. I feel discouragement creeping in..........
My weight loss was slow my 5th and 6th week as well. It has picked back up. I don't think it has anything to do with the veggies being browned or sauteed. It is just a pattern in the weight loss. Many of us have seen it. Stick to plan and you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
I can't believe these horror stories I am hearing about these coaches!!! AWFUL!! Why are they even in the business? This is a hard enough journey without someone degrading and making it that much harder for you. That isn't even tough love. It makes me wonder about what it takes to become a coach. Maybe they need to up their standards a bit. Or maybe some of us need to branch out and open our own clinics! Good grief! It's enough to drive a person to drinking!!! A shake that is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well just got back from WI#16 and I lost -1.2 lbs for a total weight loss of -82.4 lbs not a huge loss but a loss is a loss. More importantly I am starting Phase 2 today till I meet my goal weight. I hope all you IP Champions are having a great IP day.
Keep it up Couts. You rock.
Closed Thread