Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Kate View Post
Thanks for the nice note. I am a nurse and recently done all my bloodwork and everything is perfect. I don't use the ketone sticks. My counsellor can tell by the smell of my breath, and as well I know I am not, since I haven't reached that euphoric phase and am still craving and no change in appetite. Another IP counsellor could not explain the lack of ketosis either. My energy level is so poor, but what do you expect on only 900 calories. Am going to hang in there for the rest of the week....but then may try Weight Watchers.
Thanks again for responsing... Its nice to get some positive comments.
You're welcome. When I was in the deep purple ketosis I did not feel euphoric. And the craving thing - eh. And I didn't have bad breath - my husband would tell me. The breath thing sounds a little unreliable - Maybe if you see the counselor without having brushed your teeth and you have morning breath and haven't eaten or drunk anything...I do think energy levels can go down when first in ketosis until your body has adjusted to burning fat for fuel. I found it helpful to go to the site provided at the beginning of the daily chat thread -Dr. Tien's. And I get tired. Losing 20 lbs helped but I still get tired. I know nurses work hard - very demanding job - I don't know how you do it - I get tired just thinking about it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Sister Kate,

Don't quit!! I know you feel like this is going too slowly but you are doing great!! You are almost half way to your goal in only 4 weeks! As many others have said, when you don't have as much to lose, the numbers look smaller. I had twice as much to lose and it took me 4 months. The program is working for you...The proof is in the puddin' (so to speak), you are almost half way there! I am 54 and (very) postmenopausal and the program still worked. I get that the expense is huge. I stayed with IP the whole time because I NEEDED someone else to look at the scale and keep me accountable. Many people on this site are using alternative products and are doing well. Carla had a post not too long ago that addressed cravings, what might be causing them (missing nutrients) and what you could substitute.
I just want to stress that you weigh 8.9lbs less than you did only 4 weeks ago. You are amazing. Keep going.

Lynn
I know what you mean about needing someone else to weigh you - and may I add - that I pay money to - to keep me accountable. My husband said he'd be glad to weigh me for half the price. Of course along with the DMV I try to keep him clueless about how much I actually weigh. And for the expense - at this stage of life nothing else has been working for me and "I've earrrrned it."
Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I am not using the ketone sticks. My counsellor can tell by my breath that I am not giving off ketones. And I am definately not dehydrated - if anything over hydrated. I drink at least 100 oz. of H20 daily. I am small - 5'2" and and rarely chew the Stride gum with xyitol. Don't drink any coffee and am following the Phase 1 guidelines for vegetables. I just did the boot camp and had no restricted foods for 1 week. I think I am doing everything right, but no one seems to have any answers - other then menopause and that I only need to loose 20 lbs.
Not sure I would trust your coach smelling your breath. I use ketosix on occasion just to see and even when they are deep purple my breath does not smell. I told my son and my boyfriend to tell when my breath is bad. This morning when the stick was deep purple i asked my boyfriend to smell my breath (I know gross isn't he a trooper?) he said no it did not smell and he is sensetive to smells. Long story short......not everyone has smelly breath when in ketosis.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #49  
Tracy

S/C/G: 198/169.4/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello All. I haven't been back for a little while. I am doing well, and actually today, even crossed into the 160's!! (for me that's a huge deal). I agree with some of the posts that I've been reading today. There is just no progress in a cheat. For me, it would stop my motivation.
Keep your chins up!!! The program works, sometimes a little slow, but it works.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #50  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Originally Posted by ChelleBell77:

to make zuchinni pancakes you take 2 cups shredded zuchinni(I shred mine with the food processor) 2 egg whites, 1 pack of maple oatmeal and one packet of stevia. mix together. Cook like you would a pancake in a non stick pan. I use coconut oil to cook mine in. Just drop in like you would a pancake and flatten out with a spoon. It makes a ton. all of which you can eat yummy yummy. I prefer these over the box pancakes anyday
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Saved it this time!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

I have the flu from **** today! Body temperature is hanging out around 103, nose is constantly running, chills, fatigue, achiness, headache, coughing, sneezing... It is absolutely dreadful! It is making my day a bit tough as it is already 4 and I have only eaten breakfast. I simply cannot stand the idea of eating any veggies but I will! Gotta keep on keepin' on.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am today!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

ONMYWAY :
the nutritional facts for the apple and cinnamon soy puffs, well here it is.

CALORIES 150
FAT 5g
saturated 0g,trans 0g
CHOLESTEROL 0mg
SODIUM 140mg
POTASSIUM 150mg
CARBOHYDRATE 15g
FIBRE 0g
SUGARS 5g
PORTEIN 15g
VITAMIN A 0%, VITAMINS C 2%, CALCIUM 30%, IRON 15%

Hope this is the right place to put it!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 168/148.5/140; start 01/19/11

Height: 5'6"

Default New to the site

I am new to this site and am looking for just friendship and others doing the same as I am. I have been on IP since 01/19 and have lost a total of 15 pounds and 16 inches! I have never before had such success in a program!

This week, however, things have been somewhat different for me. Not only am I running out of "new and exciting" ways to make my meals and am growing "tired" of the same old same old but I am also running short on money. I cannot afford to go in this week and purchase the IP packets but am hoping things look up for me next week so I can go back in and purchase thosse. In the meantme, anyone have any words of encouragement, suggestions, new food ideas?

Its frustrating when you find something that truly does work but is not the cheapest to do and now I am having overwhelming cravings.

Last edited by happyloser2011; 03-08-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: adding url
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #54  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Back from WI #7, lost 3 more pounds!!! That puts me at a total loss of 28 pounds in 7 weeks!!! Whoo Hooo!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Back from WI #7, lost 3 more pounds!!! That puts me at a total loss of 28 pounds in 7 weeks!!! Whoo Hooo!!!
Yeah for you!!! Gotta do the skinny dance
Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Well, good to see all the SV and NSV this week. I am having a bit of a rough week - not hungry, having trouble eating all of my food and getting vitamins in. I feel like I am not drinking enough water. On top of it all I am having all four of my wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow and will have a serious hard time getting my things in!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #57  

Happyloser2011, hang in there. I have seen where some have used EAS shakes they get at Walmart. $5 for 4. maybe you could use those until you can get more packets. Maybe some of the veterans would have advice as I am only on week 1.There is a sticky thread with info on other products.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #58  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
thanks [B]juiceman[B], I really appreciate your post.
I thought about my frustration with my weight loss right now (or lack thereof) and I had the opportunity to go off plan last night and chose not to. So again I will say I will remain OP for today and tomorrow when I wake up I will say I will remain OP for today and so on.
Have a great day everyone
Keep up the good attitude. You'll get there. Lots of us have funny restart behavior. Just keep going, eventually, your body will kick in. I know it seems off to work so hard for little result but, others can assure you, it does lead right where you want to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post

Going weigh-in today instead of tomorrow, and hoping for ONE pound. I will be thrilled with anything more, but pleased that the ONE pound will be gone...along with 39 of his friends (sorry guys, my pounds are all men, ha!).
YES... All those one pounds do add up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Well, just got back from WI#5, and lost 4 lbs and 3 + inches! Woo Hoo! I will take it after the last 2 weeks of only losing 2 lbs each week.

2 things real quick. First...I love love love the rice krispy pancake recipe that someone posted with an egg white, baking powder, cinnamon, the packet and nutmeg and water.. with I can't believe it's not butter spray and the WF syrup, I just love it.

Congratulations on such a great weight loss week!! That is great.

OK, I HAVE to try those pancakes! I keep seeing people make posts. I sure hope they are good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
WI #6 today total 26.4 lbs!
They asked me to come to the newbie meeting tonight because they said I would be an inspiration! ME!
So, I thought I would go. If anyone has ANYTHING that you need clarification on, please send it and I will ask for you tonight.
Together we can do great things.

It's raining like crazy here in Oklahoma! So glad I started my garden. What a beautiful rain.
Mary
WONDERFUL!! You are going strong!! Congratulations on the invite! You will do a great job and it will be so encouraging for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Thanks for your post Juice I think a lot of people needed that inspiration and you worded it perfectly. I for one will be finishing my IP marathon with all of you because like you said Juice we can all do this. This is a weight loss journey and all of us never got to the weight we were overnight and we are not going to lose it all overnight either. It is going to take time but in the long run we can do it.
Hi Couts!! So glad you are planning on finishing the journey with us! We love your recipes and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
I love the pancake too. NOW I'm hooked on PIZZA. If you know how to make the pancake just use one less egg (of course no nutmeg or cinnamon). Add a little more water and make one large pancake. Then let it dry out and then add WF marinara sauce. Some can use veggie cheese. If not, just start piling on the mushrooms peppers jalepeno peppers onions . also broke up my 4 oz of lean meat. Just 10 minutes in the oven till done. Delicious! I keep trying to figure out ways to eat OP.
PIZZA??? What packet do you use to make the pizza crust? Is it the crepe/pancake or is it the cereal?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #59  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
Well, good to see all the SV and NSV this week. I am having a bit of a rough week - not hungry, having trouble eating all of my food and getting vitamins in. I feel like I am not drinking enough water. On top of it all I am having all four of my wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow and will have a serious hard time getting my things in!
I wish you all the best with wisdom teeth. Just think, though... since you won't be able to eat solid food, you'll be happy to have the IP packets. Just make sure you take your pain pills with food.

I have found two things that I wanted to share everyone.

1) Blender bottles can be purchased at Whole Foods. They are identical to the IP ones (which even say Blender bottle underneath) and cost $6.99, whisk and all...

2) Artisan lettuce.... Could it be that lettuce just got a little more interesting? I found these at BJs and saw them the other day at Harris Teeter too. Tanimura and Antle brand. Petite Tango, Petite Gem, and Petite Oak... BJs had the "6 clamshell" for $3.79. Not sure if the link will work or if they are allowed, but wanted everyone to see the packaging... http://www.taproduce.com/trade/artisan-lettuce.php

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-08-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: adding
Old 03-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Hi Everyone - I am one disappointed camper. Yesterday was 1 month on Ideal Protein and this will be my last week. I want to use up the packets I bought and as of yesterday total weight loss in the 4 weeks was only 8.9 lbs. I followed the regime perfectly, and never went into ketosis. My coach felt it was related to menopause, but realistic am I the only person that is post menopausal doing Ideal Protein. It cost me close to $450 to loose 9 lbs.
and I could float a boat with all the water I have consumed. I feel so lethargic and still have cravings, but no ketosis. Last week I did the boot camp, no restricted foods, and still only lost 1.4 lbs. My start out weight was 139.1 and yesterdays WI I was 130.2 lbs. So am hoping this last week will bump me back into the 120's but have lost all faith in the program - if any one has any alternative ideas, I would love to hear from you.

I haven't read all the posting for the day - but wanted to respond to yours when I saw it.

I think framing success depends on each individual and giving my history I'm ecstatic about a 1.4lb loss - even doing boot camp. I usually don't have restricted items (maybe 1-2/wk) and I avg about that. i haven't lost anything in 3 weeks - but i was able to frame that with understanding of where I was in the journey and knowing my body. So while disappointing - I understood why.

I am overcoming a severe hormonal imbalance caused by a long under and non-treated thyroid condition. Peri menopause started for me at age 29 and I'm still in it 12 years later. I still have night sweats, hot flashes, bloating, etc - and everything that goes with it. Granted it's 150% better than it was - but still there. I'm only 41.

I've been trying for 10 years - i mean 10 YEARS! to lose weight. Often wished I had a problem with yo-yo diets because that implies you yo-yo down. I NEVER lost. In those 10 years on every diet imaginable and exercising like a crazy women i gained 50lbs. My weight would fluctuate 5-7lbs in a week. It was crazy.

I had a personal trainer train me for free then finally quit on me b/c he couldn't understand why I wasn't loosing weight. When I was laid off work I decided to spend my time doing my own Biggest Loser - and i exercised 2-3 hrs a day; measured all my food; counted every calorie and charted calories in vs calories out. I gained weight! So to finally be able to see the scale consistently move down with IP - how ever slow - is exciting for me. I'm the lowest weight I've been in almost 12 years!!!!

Don't compare yourself and the speed of your losses to anyone else. It's all in God's time. I've realized that these past 10 years have prepared me to be able to actually do this. When I made the decision to find a Dr to help me and get healthy I wasn't eating like I do now. It's taken me 10 years to develop these eating habits so that i could even stick with a program like this.

I know it's expensive - but you are worth it! Your health is worth it. Giving my hormonal issues I was at high risk for cancer and heart disease. You can't put a price on preventing those things. I'll make sacrifices in other areas of my life to pay for this program because I know it's for a short time. And I firmly believe it is saving my life. Other diets may work for others - and if they work for you - then by all means try something that fits your budget. But this is truly the only diet that has ever worked for me.

So it might be harder and slower for you because of menopause - but it IS doable! Keep it up and finish!!! You'll be so proud you did. I'm proud of you for starting!
Closed Thread