Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Just a vent... I mistakenly told my sister I am doing IP last week and just got off the phone with her. I had a cold at the end of last week (a side effect of having 2 kids under 6 in the house). Of course after she asked me how it is going on my program she said 'except of course it got you sick last week.' Why is it people (including FAMILY) can't wrap their heads around something that is different than they are familiar with? ARGH! I can't believe how insensitive she is sometimes. She makes me sad. : (
We have about the same stats, and this same thing happened to me, not with my sister, but with friends. I got a terrible cold between my 2nd and 3rd week of IP, and it had nothing to do with the diet.. maybe it had to do with I am around 40 kids a week, or 5 of my own who are bringing who knows what germs around.. anyways, just ignore it. I really think the people who aren't super supportive are just jealous they aren't changing their lives and making good healthy choices. I seriously felt so much better even though I was sick because I was finally over the hump of not needing sugar and diet coke and all that. The amazing thing was, after the cold I felt so much better, better this last 4th week than I have in years. My dad told me that he can see my energy coming back and I don't know, I am just so glad that I am doing this. Yes, it is stinkin hard, but hang in there. Sisters have a way of knowing how to push our buttons, Wait til she sees all the results, that will be the best way to get back at her. (if that's what you would want to do, well, that's what I would want to do)
Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
Just got back from WI #1 and I lost. . . . . . . . 11.4 lbs, OMG I am sooooo excited I just can't contain myself
WOW! that is such a big number! Congrats!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #48  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Just a vent... I mistakenly told my sister I am doing IP last week and just got off the phone with her. I had a cold at the end of last week (a side effect of having 2 kids under 6 in the house). Of course after she asked me how it is going on my program she said 'except of course it got you sick last week.' Why is it people (including FAMILY) can't wrap their heads around something that is different than they are familiar with? ARGH! I can't believe how insensitive she is sometimes. She makes me sad. : (
Are we related? Cuz your sister sounds like my sister... This is what she posted as her facebook status about a month ago: "Why is everyone on a crazy diet?? Whatever happened to moderation, healthy eating, and exercise?" My reply was "Because sometimes that's not enough". I wanted to slap her. She can be such a sometimes. And of course she's never had a weight issue a day in her life.

Quote:
Just got back from WI #1 and I lost. . . . . . . . 11.4 lbs, OMG I am sooooo excited I just can't contain myself
Yippee!!! Feels amazing, doesn't it? And totally makes the first week of **** worth it...
Old 02-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #49  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. Of course my 3 y.o. is home sick today. My husband told me to tell her 'yeah, this diet is so bad for me it made him AND my daughter sick too'! : )

I just wish she didn't get to me. Ahhh... family.

Momoffive-- maybe we should do our own personal 'challenge'... it is nice to have someone in virtually the same boat on the same schedule.

Sorry, Susanmly... I don't want to steal your thunder. You did a FANTASTIC job in week 1! Keep it up!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #50  

Just had my 2 WI. Down 9 !/2 pounds in two weeks. It hasn't been easy and I've experienced much the same things that have been mentioned. My question is this. I found that if I had a sugar free candy after a meal it satisfied me and I was able to stay on the protocal. After doing this for 3-4 days I couldn't figure out why these little candies were helping me so much. I checked the label closer and found that there were 4 grams of Carbohydrates in each one and something called sugar alcohol. So my question is.....are these little candies sabotaging my program or can I keep having 2 or 3 a day? (Baskin Robbins Mint chocolate chip sugar free candy)
Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Misery wants company. She's just trying to sabatoge you, not from any conscious ill feeling probably, just can't bear that you're moving forward and she might not be.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Are we related? Cuz your sister sounds like my sister... This is what she posted as her facebook status about a month ago: "Why is everyone on a crazy diet?? Whatever happened to moderation, healthy eating, and exercise?" My reply was "Because sometimes that's not enough". I wanted to slap her. She can be such a sometimes. And of course she's never had a weight issue a day in her life.

Yippee!!! Feels amazing, doesn't it? And totally makes the first week of **** worth it...
My MIL sits her perfect size 4 behind blandly on her cream colored couch, cocktail in one hand, cigarette in the other, while my FIL slaves in the kitchen preparing her fat laden fancy dinners. She'll raise her glass to me and inquire- as I head out the door in my workout wear to run around their neighborhood yet again - "Must you dear? You're going to get all sweaty before dinner." She's never exercised one day in her life. When I was diagnosed as a diabetic, she sent me a big box of candy. She's not a bad person, just clueless.

Congrats on the 11 pounds!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #53  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Jolie, is it more on the sides or on the middle? More one side than another? If it is more lateral (to the side), that sounds like kidney stones to me.
It is on the sides, and mostly when I pee. (OMG I just wrote about my pee!) I'll have to see if it worsens, but I'll ask my coach on Wednesday. I've never had kidney stones before, and I don't want them! Then again, who does? Thanks for the insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraab View Post
Just had my 2 WI. Down 9 !/2 pounds in two weeks. It hasn't been easy and I've experienced much the same things that have been mentioned. My question is this. I found that if I had a sugar free candy after a meal it satisfied me and I was able to stay on the protocal. After doing this for 3-4 days I couldn't figure out why these little candies were helping me so much. I checked the label closer and found that there were 4 grams of Carbohydrates in each one and something called sugar alcohol. So my question is.....are these little candies sabotaging my program or can I keep having 2 or 3 a day? (Baskin Robbins Mint chocolate chip sugar free candy)
Yes that could hinder you. I mean, that's 8-12 carbs a day with no fiber. I stay under 30 carbs a day, usually with 8-10 of them fiber. Try being on protocol without them. If you absolutely must have them, break them in half, I say. Sorry to sound so $itchy, but that is definitely not on the protocol.

Last edited by Joliebug82; 02-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #54  

Quote:
Uh, yes, those are sabotaging you. Just because they are SF doesn't mean they are carb free - honestly, many items with sugar in them have less carbs than SF ones! I discovered this when my husband started looking for SF versions of his beloved Reese's Peanut Butter Cups when he was diagnosed with diabetes. The regular had way fewer carbs than the SF ones! Sugar alcohols are still sugars in some form and can affect your loss. Time to get rid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
It is on the sides, and mostly when I pee. (OMG I just wrote about my pee!) I'll have to see if it worsens, but I'll ask my coach on Wednesday. I've never had kidney stones before, and I don't want them! Then again, who does? Thanks for the insight.
Yep, that sounds like kidney stones. The reason why it hurts more when you pee is because the kidney stones are probably in the ureter, between the kidney and the bladder. Protein diets make us a little more prone to them, but it makes it that much more important to really pour on the water every day. Don't be too surprised if you see blood in your urine. It might not hurt to call your doctor too and see if there is any guidance he (or she) might be able to give you.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Not trying to be Debbi Downer here, but I do want to tell you how hard it is to start back up after you have stopped following Phase 1. I have started Phase 1 twice now after I hit my goal to lose that last 10 lbs I want and I have not yet been able to succeed like I did the first time. I never cheated once when I did Phase 1 the first time and now I tell myself "one bite won't hurt"

My 37th birthday is this Friday and I am going to continue with protocol, because I think the idea for all of us, is that we don't need to reward an event or ourselves with food anymore. I am going to enjoy that my friends and family are buying me outfits that are 4 sizes smaller this year than last year.
First, I hope you have a wonderful birthday this Friday!

Second, I AGREE! I didn't have any "cheats" or "slips" during phase 1 and after going off phase 1 trying to get back to it has not been easy for me. I know each person is different but, my body acts as if it is too much to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I had my 2nd WI but was on my 3rd week of IP on Friday. Down 7 lbs for 2 weeks. Total loss of 15 lbs for 3 weeks!! Feeling really good - my knees don't hurt like they used to and I have noticed that my skin is feeling much softer. I have always had problems with the skin on the my heels. Even when I was a kid the skin there would be really rough and dry and would crack and bleed. It is now getting soft. Also have always had rough bumps on my upper arms - they seem to be going away. Has anyone had any reactions like this? Have been wondering if these skin things might be related to a gluten intolerance??
I had those bumps. They were very bad! I even had scaring on my arms from them. After being on the program 5 months, they were all gone and, now, I am nearly rid of the scares too. I think in fixing my weight issues I removed foods that aggravates that skin disorder.

Quote:
Congrats on your great loss! Wow!

I don't know about the gluten intolerance, but my doctor said the bumps on the arms could be related to mild dairy allergies also. Mine are gone completely after only 2 weeks. One of my daughters has them but not the other.
Interesting! I hadn't heard that about the dairy before. It makes sense though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hmm - a delicate question for the IP'ers. I was instructed by my coach to consume less restricteds to see if that breaks my plateau. Fine - I still had a small handful of chocolate soy puffs after dinner, and 4 S&V ridges after my physical therapy session yesterday. The good news is I'm down .5 lb. today. BUT - instead of the restricteds I had a chocolate RTD last night - warmed up like a hot chocolate and BOY oh BOY did that thing give me gas. I mean, MARY LOUISE I was a burping, writhing, bloated fool. It wasn't my dinner (sauteed fish and cauli/broccoli), it was most definitely the RTD thing. Now, I have a history of a not necessarily friendly response to soy - do some of these products have more soy than others? I had to apologize profusely to my husband. I think I maybe owe an apology or some kind of explanation to the neighbors. Seriously, talk about raising the roof.

Anyone?
Yeah, I can't warm the chocolate either without getting a bit gassy. As for soy content, yes, there are different amounts and types of soys used in some of the products. I don't have the information but, around 18 months ago, there break down was available online. I haven't seen it since they began reformulating products.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Just wanted to check in and say congrats to all the losers/maintainers and welcome to any new members!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Last edited by Hollmark; 02-28-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I had my 2nd WI but was on my 3rd week of IP on Friday. Down 7 lbs for 2 weeks. Total loss of 15 lbs for 3 weeks!! Feeling really good - my knees don't hurt like they used to and I have noticed that my skin is feeling much softer. I have always had problems with the skin on the my heels. Even when I was a kid the skin there would be really rough and dry and would crack and bleed. It is now getting soft. Also have always had rough bumps on my upper arms - they seem to be going away. Has anyone had any reactions like this? Have been wondering if these skin things might be related to a gluten intolerance??
Quote:
Congrats on your great loss! Wow!

I don't know about the gluten intolerance, but my doctor said the bumps on the arms could be related to mild dairy allergies also. Mine are gone completely after only 2 weeks. One of my daughters has them but not the other.
The bumps are most likely keratosis pilaris
and now that you mention it, I'm going to have to check my arms when I get home and see if it has gotten any better! (It just wouldn't do to be stripping down in the middle of Starbucks...)
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Quote:
I would say the answer is NO. phase 1 sheet clearly states that anything outside of the sheet should have 0/0/0. ThRee the same problem I have with sugar free gum and held me back to 1.5 lb loss. So I'm sticking to OP ONLY this week
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #59  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i feel a little bit guilty today for missing my coach's grand opening party on saturday. they had restaurants from around SF that have made special IP friendly dishes, packet exchanges, meet and greets for current IP members and info workshops for guests. i had RSVP'd, but i ended up having to spend the day booking flights and hotels for my Vegas birthday trip. i am worried that they will be disappointed in me for not showing up. i hate letting people down.

in other news, my weight has been fluctuating like crazy. saturday morning my scale said i was down to 198. sunday it was 202 and today it is 204 (i'm a daily weigher, i know it's bad!). i am used to some fluctuation, but not this crazy. it is my TOM, so i'm not worried about it that much. i'm hoping it's just water weight and that it will flush out by the end of the week.

here's to a great IP week for everyone!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #60  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Good for you!!!!!
Closed Thread