Old 02-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Sally M and Mrs D
I made my app't with my internist for next week. Been nauseous for too long now, gassy...the whole nine yards. For now I'm keeping pretty bland on the food and enjoying my jello :0)
Mrs D....I'm sure I misquoted my coach. Before I put foot #2 in my mouth...I will re-check with him and re-post what he really said.

Thanks everyone for these amazing posts, recipes and experiences for the road we're on and the one ahead. Great thread.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #17  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Sally M and Mrs D
I made my app't with my internist for next week. Been nauseous for too long now, gassy...the whole nine yards. For now I'm keeping pretty bland on the food and enjoying my jello :0)
Mrs D....I'm sure I misquoted my coach. Before I put foot #2 in my mouth...I will re-check with him and re-post what he really said.

Thanks everyone for these amazing posts, recipes and experiences for the road we're on and the one ahead. Great thread.
I'm glad you are going to see your doctor Sunnymae. Sounds like you are handling the situation. Be sure to let us know when you are better!
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Oops. I guess I missed that.
It was my oops, Lynn, not yours. You didn't miss it because it wasn't there when you posted. I added the links to the Phase documents after seeing your post; I thought it would be helpful to have the relevant information in one place for easy reference.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #19  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

The big breakfasts are still wonderful. I have 4 or 5 in my arsenal now, thanks to other members and their posts in prior "Life After" threads. Warning to anyone approaching phase 3: Get your calculator out! The phase is very strict as well as important, and each breakfast takes a lot of tweaking. Also, I noticed some worried about not eating in the morning. I think "Big" breakfast can be misleading. Every one of my breakfasts has been less than 500 calories. So in the scheme of things, it is not that big, but bigger than a bar or drink.

Someone posted yesterday, somewhere (sorry I can’t find the quote) that IP is successful because it incorporates how the body reacts to food, that changes are important to keep the body reacting properly to the food we ingest, and that is why there are mandatory cheat days in phase 4. I know my body is responding very well to the breakfast change. I can feel it in so many areas of my life.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #20  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
It was my oops, Lynn, not yours. You didn't miss it because it wasn't there when you posted. I added the links to the Phase documents after seeing your post; I thought it would be helpful to have the relevant information in one place for easy reference.
Good call. Much easier!
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #21  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

Does anyone know if we are permitted rice on Phase 4 at dinner? Seems it would be ok since it is a no, or low fat carb.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #22  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Does anyone know if we are permitted rice on Phase 4 at dinner? Seems it would be ok since it is a no, or low fat carb.
Yes, but I would recommend brown rice, unless it's your cheat day. White Rices have a glycemic index of mid to high 80's
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #23  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Yes, but I would recommend brown rice, unless it's your cheat day. White Rices have a glycemic index of mid to high 80's
Thanks Rocky, I am good with brown rice.

Are you basing your dinner carbs on the glycemic index? Is that helpful to you? I am trying to figure out phase 4 dinners, since breakfast is similar to PH 3 and lunch is no carb.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

I am pretty close to phase 2 and ready...I still want to get down about 14 lbs..so we shall see where we go..
My arms are really skinny..after phase 1 I am heading to the gym..and getting a trainer..I want my journey to continue and turn my sleek new body into a defined body...
I am excited..when my weight loss journey is done and I have hit my goal..
I am buying a new red swim suit...

My husband is starting today...and my son will have his 2nd weigh in tomorrow..I'm so happy that they have seen my results and are now ready to change their lives...

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #25  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Thanks Rocky, I am good with brown rice.

Are you basing your dinner carbs on the glycemic index? Is that helpful to you? I am trying to figure out phase 4 dinners, since breakfast is similar to PH 3 and lunch is no carb.
I use the glycemic index as my indicator of "how close to sugar is it?" because I was so addicted to sugar before IP. I need to remain pretty strict with myself on anything sugar so I don't slowly slide back. So try to think about anything like that as a "treat" and not my every day. The "spike and drop" thing is just not good for me. I use all whole wheat pastas (and still only have pasta for my cheat), and try to keep my dinner carbs focused on things like squashes, yams, and whole grains.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #26  

Default Is it possible to Sticky the old "Life after" thread?

Hi,

I'm still in phase one but will be phasing out hopefully by the end of the month. THere is such good information in the life after threads. the first one is a sticky, but the next one was closed after this one was opened and I'm afraid it may get lost since we can't bump it.

Can one of the powers that be do this? I'd hate for it to go astray! It's called Life after Phase 1 and was started by Midlife Meggie

Thanks so much....
fedup907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #27  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup907 View Post
Hi,

I'm still in phase one but will be phasing out hopefully by the end of the month. THere is such good information in the life after threads. the first one is a sticky, but the next one was closed after this one was opened and I'm afraid it may get lost since we can't bump it.

Can one of the powers that be do this? I'd hate for it to go astray! It's called Life after Phase 1 and was started by Midlife Meggie

Thanks so much....
Until that happens, Svelting put a link to the first two "Life afters" (The Original and The Sequel) on the first post of this thread near the bottom. Anyone who sees this thread can easily check out the others. Thanks again Svelting!

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Until that happens, Svelting put a link to the first two "Life afters" (The Original and The Sequel) on the first post of this thread near the bottom. Anyone who sees this thread can easily check out the others. Thanks again Svelting!

Lynn
thank you. I'm sorry, I missed the link!
fedup907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #29  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Sunny- I really hesitate to post this because I don't want to come across anti- IP but I really want to share as it's a health concern. I was doing some reading last night and I came across a link to one of mike eades blog posts (protein power) and he was saying that it's extremely detrimental to the gallbladder to be on a low fat, high protein diet. He and his wife managed their low carb wl clinic and they were the biggest testers of alli/ xenical for the company. Alli works byblocking fat absorption and also indirectly encourages lowfat eating due to the anal greasy discharge.. Sorry lol.. Anyway if I remember right about half the people developed gallstones who were on this plan! He explained the science of it being taxing to your gallbladder and pancreas but it went way over my head.

I can try to find the article if anyone is interested. I have deep respect for dr eades and he seems to be one of the most knowledgable lc guys out there. He's the one who discovered ecc (net carbs).

Anyway I don't want to rock the boat but I did want to let you know about this piece.
Respectfully,
Tara

As always, your thoughts and experiences and laymans opinions are always welcome. Thanks to all the veterans out there. I plan on staying in this community for a LONG time. [/QUOTE]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #30  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Sorry about that last bit of my post- Sunnis words, not mine. I'm writing from my touch and it's hard to scroll down to erase or modify.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote