Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/153/135

Height: 5'8"

Default Feel a little sick every 8 days

Hi there,

I started Ideal Protein 16 days ago (have lost 8 lbs) and on the eighth day of the diet and today (exactly 8 days later, says my journal), I have felt so incredibly sick. I feel dizzy, cannot concentrate, and feel very weak in my core and am also very emotional. I truly do not know why I feel this way- it's unbearable. After today, I know this feeling will go away but I am afraid it will come back 8 days later.

I'm following the diet completely and truly-I've talked to a few of my family members also on the diet and they state it could be 1.) the fact that I am exercising and not supposed to (I do Hot yoga every day) 2.) the vitamins making me sick 3.) my body detoxing, but really, would I really feel so sick?

Can someone help me? I feel so ill today and could use some insight...

Thank you,
K

Last edited by Lafemmek; 02-03-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Lafemmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafemmek View Post
Hi there,

I started Ideal Protein 16 days ago (have lost 8 lbs) and on the eighth day of the diet and today (exactly 8 days later, says my journal), I have felt so incredibly sick. I feel dizzy, cannot concentrate, and feel very weak in my core and am also very emotional. I truly do not know why I feel this way- it's unbearable. After today, I know this feeling will go away but I am afraid it will come back 8 days later.

I'm following the diet completely and truly-I've talked to a few of my family members also on the diet and they state it could be 1.) the fact that I am exercising and not supposed to (I do Hot yoga every day) 2.) the vitamins making me sick 3.) my body detoxing, but really, would I really feel so sick?

Well, it's always interesting to see something new. Sorry it has to be you who's providing it. I wish we had more information to go on, even though I realize you've tried. Height, starting weight, any side issues like hypothyroidism, food or other allergies, weather conditions, how much water you're drinking ( especially when you're doing Hot Yoga, what your coach says, etc., etc.

I doubt it's 2 or 3, or at least not totally. Too regular an occurrence and too space out for those to be the total cause. If you haven't already picked up on the fact that you are NOT supposed to be doing strenuous exercise in the beginning weeks, please pick up on it now. And cut it out. Moderation is the name of the game. Walk, walk, walk, and do other things lightly. Give us some more to go on, OK?

And just one more thing. Have you entered everything into your journal and do you see any pattern there?

Last edited by Linden; 02-03-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 161/153/135

Height: 5'8"

More to go on?

My starting weight- 161lbs, currently I am 153lbs. I was an emotional eater and ate McDonalds every other evening.

I have no health problems, no allergies, the weather in Florida is Sunny and Bright. And yes, I am drinking my water... More than the check boxes in my journal...

Me thinks it's the Hot Yoga making me ill. At least while I am on this diet. However, My mom is on this diet to, and also does hot yoga, but does not have these symptoms.

K

Last edited by Lafemmek; 02-03-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Lafemmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
More to go on?

My starting weight- 161lbs, currently I am 153lbs. I was an emotional eater and ate McDonalds every other evening.

I have no health problems, no allergies, the weather in Florida is Sunny and Bright. And yes, I am drinking my water... More than the check boxes in my journal...

Me thinks it's the Hot Yoga making me ill. At least while I am on this diet. However, My mom is on this diet to, and also does hot yoga, but does not have these symptoms.

K
Hot Yoga, or too much of it, or too little hydration, would be my candidate. It's easier to get dehydrated in a hot, moist atmosphere than practically anything else. Wittness the numbers of red-faced tourists I've rescued in Hawai'i.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi there,

Thank you,
K
I too LOVE my hot yoga but waited 2 months to start back to it. I go approx 3 times a week. Everyday? Only 16 days in? Sounds a bit extreme for you body. Like "too much to deal with all at once" just my thought. When you say you are following the diet completely and truly.........welllll.........exercising is not recommended. so while you are probably following the eating and the water and supplements yes.........the exercise is not. I myself do not follow to a "T" that is because of the exercise. So I am not trying to be the pot calling the kettle black.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote