Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #16  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I have searched the other threads but feel I am not finding an answer or help.

Prior to starting IP I had high blood pressure and was controlled with meds. I was getting very dizzy and light headed when I would stand up from sitting or laying down. I along with my doctor decided to stop taking the BP meds12 days ago. I noticed the problem go away but has been back the past 3 days.

I get my salt intake for the day, should I increase it?
I drink half my body weight in oz of water or more a day?
I take my suppliments
Is it some other mineral deficiency?

Anyone have an idea to help me with this issue? I also have WI #4 tomorrow and will discuss this with my coach, but they do not seem real knowledgable with questions I have asked in the previous weeks.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
Good morning!!! My first suggestion would be to go buy yourself a blood pressure kit so that you can monitor it yourself from home. This will provide your doctor with good information, especially if you get one that will save the information in the memory.

Dizzy and feeling light-headed can also be an inner ear problem. But, I think either way you need to talk to your doctor to be sure there is nothing else going on.

Congrats on your weight and inch loss!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #17  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Good morning!!! My first suggestion would be to go buy yourself a blood pressure kit so that you can monitor it yourself from home. This will provide your doctor with good information, especially if you get one that will save the information in the memory.

Dizzy and feeling light-headed can also be an inner ear problem. But, I think either way you need to talk to your doctor to be sure there is nothing else going on.

Congrats on your weight and inch loss!!!!
Thank you, I will look into a home blood pressure cuff and monitor it. I do not think it is an inner ear problem, but who knows.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #18  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
What a great post!!!!!
Thanks Linden ---- good luck with your 4 pounds --- I know you can do it!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #19  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Well it is an ice skating ring here in NJ. Fun times...lol. Another day working from home today.

Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a positive IP day.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #20  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Today I will stay on plan!!!!!
Me too! I fell off the wagon and got run over by it the past few days, but today is the day!!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Default exercise eek!

Good Morning,

I did some light cardio day before yesterday. Yesterday I felt terrible! I felt weak,hungry. I am on week 5 and have been sticking to plan exactly! No restricted, no occasional packets.

I think if I want to exercise I need to add some packets with more carbs. What do you experienced IP'ers think?

Linda
Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Hope our friends who got slammed with the storm yesterday/last night are warm and cozy in their homes today. Here's also hoping you own a snowblower, or at least have a good neighbour who owns one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Good Morning All:

Well the big snow storm has blown through Southwestern Ontario overnight and it dumped a load of snow and freezing rain on us. The buses are cancelled, the schools are closed and my office is closed --- day off for everyone!!!

I am posting here even though I am on maintenance. Not too many people write in the "Life after Phase 1" forum so I came here.

Starting my third week of maintenance and haven't gained a pound which I am very happy about. I am eating what I want, but obviously making healthier food choices than I have in the past.

I am working out twice a week at our local sports complex with a personal trainer whom I love. She turned me on to Canada's Food Guide and that is pretty much what I have been following. It is amazing at all the good food you can eat and still not gain weight!!!

Good luck to all on the program --- I know it's hard at times, I have been there, but stick with it because tihs program WORKS!!!!

This is the happiest that I have been in my whole life, aside from my wedding day, and I am taking it all in!!!!!

Lorrie
Thanks for sharing Lorrie! It really does encourage those of us who are a little nervous about life after IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
Me too! I fell off the wagon and got run over by it the past few days, but today is the day!!
Me three!!! It has not been the best week or so for me (various reasons) but I am determined to refocus and get the job done! At least at WI last night I hadn't gained, but only down .1 lb. I basically have 4 weeks until Mexico and want to be down another 10 lbs by then. I know I can do it!!!

Last edited by kaarin; 02-02-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Good Morning All:

Well the big snow storm has blown through Southwestern Ontario overnight and it dumped a load of snow and freezing rain on us. The buses are cancelled, the schools are closed and my office is closed --- day off for everyone!!!

I am posting here even though I am on maintenance. Not too many people write in the "Life after Phase 1" forum so I came here.

Starting my third week of maintenance and haven't gained a pound which I am very happy about. I am eating what I want, but obviously making healthier food choices than I have in the past.

I am working out twice a week at our local sports complex with a personal trainer whom I love. She turned me on to Canada's Food Guide and that is pretty much what I have been following. It is amazing at all the good food you can eat and still not gain weight!!!

Good luck to all on the program --- I know it's hard at times, I have been there, but stick with it because tihs program WORKS!!!!

This is the happiest that I have been in my whole life, aside from my wedding day, and I am taking it all in!!!!!

Lorrie
Thanks for the words of encouragment! This is exactly what I needed to read this morning! Today is my first day on phase 3 and I am more paranoid than ever! I keep thinking that my old hunger is going to come back with a vengence. (Sometimes it does but subsides quickly). I need to get out of that mindset, but gosh, it's hard! I have always lost the weight, it's this part of it I mess up. You said you didn't gain any back-is that including phase 3 as well? I was told that I should expect to gain 3-5lbs back during this time. Thanks again for a great, inspirational post!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #24  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Day 3: i got on the scale this morning and i've already lost 5 pounds. i know it will probably fluctuate before my WI next Monday, but it was still great to see. i actually looked forward to my IP choc shake this morning..yum.

last night i started getting charlie horses in my leg in the middle of the night. is this to be expected?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning to all of you!!

Here in Montreal the snowstorm just started this morning! Today I need to leave the house to get some veggies and some meat. That's fine my grocery store is 2 blocks away from my appartment. I will be fine

I will try to find something to help me with the Big C problem. And this morning I stepped on the scale.. maybe not the best idea when you have the Big C. Oh well no lost. It is OK.

I'm a bit worried because I have a big week-end ahead of me. Dinner at a friends house on friday (that's the worst), Dinner at restaurant on saturday (I already know that I will take the salmon on veggies.. that's weird how before I hated salmon and all the fish thing.. now to be sure to stay on this diet I eat it and it's fine!) and finally on sunday I have a dinner at my parents house, but this is OK, they really are supportive for me so I can bring my own food.

Have a good 100 % IP day!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #26  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Thanks for the words of encouragment! This is exactly what I needed to read this morning! Today is my first day on phase 3 and I am more paranoid than ever! I keep thinking that my old hunger is going to come back with a vengence. (Sometimes it does but subsides quickly). I need to get out of that mindset, but gosh, it's hard! I have always lost the weight, it's this part of it I mess up. You said you didn't gain any back-is that including phase 3 as well? I was told that I should expect to gain 3-5lbs back during this time. Thanks again for a great, inspirational post!
Good Morning Clarice:

Very happy to hear that you enjoyed my post this morning.

As for Phase 3, I know they say that you can gain 3-5 pounds, but you have to remember that everyone is different. I actually gained 0.4 pounds (which was a little devastating as I had not gained anything since being on the program), but I knew it could happen.

You have to remember that you are re-introducing the carbs back into your life and your body is say "What is going on?" so there are some adjustments going on inside the body to compensate for that.

On my first week of Phase 4, I lost 2 pounds and then another 2 the second week. This third week I stayed the same. I am content with this ---- as long as I don't gain. But, in the event that I do, I just take one day and go back on Phase 1 for the entire day. This is supposed to work. I haven't had to do it yet so I can't comment on it ... lol.

Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend and I am a bit nervous about it. Hosting a party here at our house and there is going to be a lot of food. I am making most of it, but I am also going to make "smart" dishes such as veggie platters, fruit platters, stuffed mushrooms, etc. I usually make a flaming cheese recipe in the crock pot, but I know that I am going to have to stay away from it.

Anyways, hope this post helps you out. Don't fret ---- you will do fine!!!

Lorrie
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #27  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
Good Morning,

I did some light cardio day before yesterday. Yesterday I felt terrible! I felt weak,hungry. I am on week 5 and have been sticking to plan exactly! No restricted, no occasional packets.

I think if I want to exercise I need to add some packets with more carbs. What do you experienced IP'ers think?

Linda

Not sure what your weight is or how much you have to lose (it makes a difference for what I would recommend)

I personally did not exercise the first 16 weeks (except light walks at lunch) and lost 58 pounds. I did not have restricted for 5 weeks, but when I started having them, my weight loss increased. I followed protocol 100% with NO cheats.

During the 17th week, I started intense exercise and gained one pound (NO change in diet). I stopped and switched to phase III for two weeks and exercised intensely and lost one pound.

Five days ago I stopped exercising and went back to 100% phase I and I have lost 6.2 pounds since then.

If you have alot to lose....don't exercise and follow protocol 100% until you go to phase II or III. Good luck
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #28  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post

last night i started getting charlie horses in my leg in the middle of the night. is this to be expected?
Are you getting all your potassium/magnesium + calcium? If so, try beefing it up a little, OK?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #29  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
2 days ago I checked it and it was still at the top of normal range. I have to go to a doctor or some place that can manually take my BP, the machine at Walmart will not let my arm slide in. Those are designed for a maximum of 13-14" arms and I am above that.

Thanks.
Then I agree, your own blood pressure gage is a good idea. I would add, though, that when I was in my 20s and 30s my blood pressure could easily fluctuate 30 or more points although it was usually quite low. The doctor said a lot of people were like that, and I know that my father, who is 99, and I share this fluke. I only mention this because it's something you might want to bring up when you see the doctor. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all,

Hope all of you who are experiencing the storms are warm and toasty and enjoying a day at home today. I almost feel guilty saying we are having an absolutely beautiful day here in the Pacific NW, not always the case in the winter mostly rain, rain and more rain.

Today is WI #3 a day early because they are closing on Thursday for some reason. I'm crossing my fingers for results.

CONGRATULATIONS to all you that have had loses this week..doesn't it feel amazing!!!
Closed Thread