Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
I usually end up eating a handful of almonds or some additional protein (olives) to satiate. It's minimal but enough that my coach and I are sure it's slowing my loss.
Both almonds and olives are very high in fat content. Which will slow loss.

1 ounce of almonds have 14g FAT 6g CARBS and 6g PROTEIN

100 grams of olives have 11g FAT 6g CARBS and only 1g PROTEIN

IMHO, these would be 2 very bad choices.

Just a suggestion.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
LOSINGFORGOOD2010- I was going to reply to you, but then I realized that I only have my story to share and was offering no advice so a general post would be best.

I'm on week 7 and am always hungry. I keep hearing about the hunger going away and this great energy taking its place. That hasn't happened for me yet, maybe won't. I usually end up eating a handful of almonds or some additional protein (olives) to satiate. It's minimal but enough that my coach and I are sure it's slowing my loss. I've lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks, so I'm a slow poke. I lost 7 lbs the first week, which was amazing but have been averaging about 1 lb a week ever since. Not compalining, I'm close to goal...I see the light...just wondering how to deal with this hunger. Drink more water, I guess.
Thanks for that...yeah I can see where almonds might do that... but wondering about pure egg whites...hmmmm
Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
I see we are on eggs today... I am not a pro and there are those out there that will say no no NO if its not on the sheets its not on the plan. My personal beleif is if it doesn't hurt you and it helps you stay sane then do what you need to! (I prefer head lettuce with a wee bit of evoo and salt and spicey Mrs.Dash they are easy to snack on kinda like chips!) The hardest thing about this diet is the lack of control and the feeling of everything being taken away The easiest thing about this diet is stepping on that scale and watching the numbers go down!! If 1 little egg white helps you regain control then I say Have at 'er!

!Call it SUPEREGG your sidekick in the battle against FAT!
LOL too funny...but it makes sense.... you should see the looks I get from the subway girls... you want an egg white? thats it? no bread? hahhah
Old 01-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
Putting in my experience with eggs...

I was told I could have anything not listed on the sheet that was no carb, no sugar, and no fat. I was told this included egg whites and to go ahead and have as many as I need if craving a snack. I prefer the egg whites off of hard-boiled eggs but I'm sure it doesn't matter how you prepare them as long as it's just the egg white.
AHA! I knew I saw that 0/0/0 thingy somewhere...and YES that is what the reading for the whites are! thanks for that!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #35  

Hunger & eggs... in the several months I've been following IP protocol (actually, Dr. C's protocol, since I don't have a clinic or coach & don't use IP products), I've been getting plenty to eat, so my tummy is hardly ever empty long enough to feel real hunger... what I've discovered is that 99% of the time hunger is only a state of mind for me... & once it starts, it tends to snowball until I'm feeling desperate... then I start prowling the kitchen like a ravenous lion, looking for anything *ANYTHING* to eat... I finally have to take a deep breath & calm my mind & then I remember ~~ EGGS!!!.. one or two always satisfy me & stop my greedily destructive behavior... since I've gone from a tight 16W/loose 18W to a comfortable size 10, I don't think having an egg or two will hurt anybody's progress, especially if it keeps you from snacking on something off-protocol...

hugs
Old 01-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...I am on week 7 of IP and am finding myself hungry all morning.....

I do have my 'breakfast' and coffee between 6-7 am, and the last few days I have felt quite hungry by 11....I am eating a LARGE salad now w about 3 oz protein(chicken today), my olive oil and lemon pepper......will have an IP packet around 2pm ....hopefully that gets me thru til dinner......maybe by splitting up my daily allowed 'other' protein..it will cure my morning tummy grumbling........

I am confident, once I am back to work, and busy thru the morning it will get easier again.....

Hope ur all having a great IP day !!!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Good morning! I am on day 9 now and I think that I am officially in ketosis!!!! I wasn't really hungry when I woke up and well it's already 8 and I still haven't had my morning packet. I am looking forward to it though i cooked some greenpeppers and the omelette packet for today's breakfast. I have been weighing myself each morning and this morning i dropped a couple pounds. This week I have been staying away from the "oil" and I am really noticing a difference on the scale already from last week. Boy I learned that when I don't feel well I crave carbs...pretty sure I had the stomach bug last 2days. But I stayed strong, even though the family got pizza again for dinner last night. I didn't have a mental breakdown or yell at them for it though! guess that is my first NSV
I feel like a completely different person today
All i have to say is if you are struggling and feel crappy today....RIDE IT OUT and HOLD ON TIGHT to your resolve because it WILL get better!!!!! Boy would i hate to have had to put off feeling the way i do today cause i cheated and delayed my going into ketosis with even a single bite of off plan food. YAY FOR TODAY!!!
Good for you! Many NSVs to come along with the weight loss you will enjoy!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Hunger & eggs... in the several months I've been following IP protocol (actually, Dr. C's protocol, since I don't have a clinic or coach & don't use IP products), I've been getting plenty to eat, so my tummy is hardly ever empty long enough to feel real hunger... what I've discovered is that 99% of the time hunger is only a state of mind for me... & once it starts, it tends to snowball until I'm feeling desperate... then I start prowling the kitchen like a ravenous lion, looking for anything *ANYTHING* to eat... I finally have to take a deep breath & calm my mind & then I remember ~~ EGGS!!!.. one or two always satisfy me & stop my greedily destructive behavior... since I've gone from a tight 16W/loose 18W to a comfortable size 10, I don't think having an egg or two will hurt anybody's progress, especially if it keeps you from snacking on something off-protocol...

hugs
Thank you for that... its exactly what I was thinking... combined with the fact that I eat breakfast here at work around 0700.... so by 930-100 I am getting growlies...or around TOM.... desperation... WHY does that happen mostly around TOM? as i cut down my liquids from lunch time onward (long bus ride home after work) i find myself fighting snackie attacks in the afternoon UNLESS we are absolutely swamped at work... then the workload distracts me. I am so glad to have this forum to read and learn from

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 01-12-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!!!
I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

I was reading some posts and noticed people talking about almonds and olives.
I used to put olives in my salads and one week on my WI I had only lost 1 lb. My coach asked me what I would put in my salad..so I told her. She told me to not put anymore olives and I would see a difference..and so I did 6 lb later!!! It was ridiculous..I mean a couple of olives made such a difference!
I would suggest asking your coach what you could munch on at night instead of going towards those kinds of choices! I am sure you will find smt

Last night I ate some shiritaki miracle noodles..and they are great!! I mean pretty flavorless..but it was like I was eating pasta with my spaghetti sauce!!

On another note, is it normal that I am never hungry? I mean I wake up in the morning feeling a little hungry but I can go until 10 o'clock before having my chocolate drink and until 1 or 2 before lunch...At night though I get cravings like crazy but once I have supper I am fine.
Before IP I used to eat whenever even if I was not hungry but now I am down to 3 meals a day I realize that maybe I don't have such a big appetite if I control what I eat...

What do you guys think?!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #40  
i love weight loss

S/C/G: 370/261.4/180

Height: 5'5

just did my 10 week weigh in and i lost 5.6lobs so i am down 62.6lbs its a great week.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #41  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
just did my 10 week weigh in and i lost 5.6lobs so i am down 62.6lbs its a great week.
Fantastic!!! Congratulations! It is good to hear that it still works so well many weeks into the program! Awesome!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #43  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations - over 62 pounds in 10 weeks what an achievement. This is a great inspiration for me. I am in the beginning phases of this journey and I find all the victories a reassurance and a great motivator
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
hmmmm not new to this program so kinda puzzled as to why I am HUNGRY now at 930 am ??? had a large coffee.... and IP pudding... usually that holds me off till 'almost' lunch time. drinking water steady since coffee is done... tempted for the egg whites again... comments?
Caffeine can make your stomach feel hungry. Perhaps it's use is just catching up with you and your lose?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Caffeine can make your stomach feel hungry. Perhaps it's use is just catching up with you and your lose?
Not sure.... I only have one in my whole work day, then maybe one at home in the evening. It is not EVERY day.... this happens. I will do an IP omelette tomorrow morning...........see how that goes...I am really tired these past two days too....... isnt TOM wonderful ?
Closed Thread