Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Default thanks to all

I love that everyone here is so supportive of each other! Thanks for the responses and welcomes.

Green cabbage is not anywhere on the food list. Do you think it was an oversight? Green cabbage is low in carbs. Has anyone ate it and gained?

Thanks,
Linda
Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #92  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
I love that everyone here is so supportive of each other! Thanks for the responses and welcomes.

Green cabbage is not anywhere on the food list. Do you think it was an oversight? Green cabbage is low in carbs. Has anyone ate it and gained?

Thanks,
Linda
1cup raw has 10 carbs. 1/2 cup cooked has 4. My coach said it's ok like green beans. No more than 1/2 cup 2x per week. Don't use bacon and onion, though, to cook it! I do mine in chicken broth with leftover pork roast. Really good!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #93  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Wanted to post this link...will post it on the recipe thread as well. I really like turnip chips with sea salt and a bit of black pepper but was having problems getting them to crisp up like chips (probably inpatient..grin).

I want to try salting them first to draw out the water before baking.

Hope this is helpful.

http://www.helium.com/items/1447708-...egetable-chips
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dolly View Post
We also are heading for Mexico in a few weeks. My coach told us that some clients just returned from there and Immigration in Cancun wouldn't allow the silver packets in but would allow the bars. Just thought I'd pass that on -- I'd hate to have to toss a bunch of packets.
Thanks for the information. I think I'll leave everything (except for maybe bars in emergencies) at home and just really watch my protein and carb intake. Plan on LOTS of water and working out in the gym too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
funny you actually responded to this post cause i seriously was just about to delete it. felt like i was getting bagged on MAJORLY for being negative and ungrateful for "any" success that has been had. guess it stays...prob wont post as much anymore though. Too pessimistic i guess....should have known being too honest about what i think and feel isn't really the best thing. well it was fun while it lasted.
good luck finding your right foods
Amber, every loss should be celebrated, but I still understand how you feel, especially when you read about some big losses. It's sometimes hard not to ask 'why not me?'
I do believe that since you don't have as much to lose as many others, the numbers may be smaller, but remember, it's all relative. I had to smile at your current weight and goal because your current weight IS my goal!!! And we're the same height. Of course, there is just a little bit of difference in our ages (if that makes any difference).
Anyhow, here's hoping for another successful week for you!!

Okay, now for me. Just back from WI and I'm down OVER 6 LBS!!! (The sound you may here are the choirs singing hallelujah!). That's 39 lbs since Sep 20th. My coach does lots of measurements, but the ones I am most pleased with are 8 inches gone from my waist, 5 from my chest (and that's back fat, not cup size), 4 from my hips and 3 each from my thighs!!! The total is 46 inches altogether from all over. That's almost 4 feet!!!
I LOVE IP!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #95  
Began IP on 9-1-10

S/C/G: 201/157/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyiris View Post
Wanted to post this link...will post it on the recipe thread as well. I really like turnip chips with sea salt and a bit of black pepper but was having problems getting them to crisp up like chips (probably inpatient..grin).

I want to try salting them first to draw out the water before baking.

Hope this is helpful.

http://www.helium.com/items/1447708-...egetable-chips
Thank you for posting this! Someone else had mentioned turnip chips to me, and I want to try them.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #96  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I've been using up my Starbucks full leaf chai and I have a special blend that I got at a tea shop. I've also got a box of Bigelow. Any brand you like! What I'm really struggling with is getting the tea strong enough to give it a really strong chai flavor. I might try using 2 tea bags next time.
I have taken to using 2 tea bags and pouring it into a bowl to use a wisk to mix it up. Faster than letting it cool when I am impatient.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #97  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Hello everybody,

First of all, please excuse my english because i'm french canadian. I LOVE this forum, it is great. I found receipes and good motivation. I'm on my forst week of IP and I think I have done something wrong

In fact not everyday but someday I took the oatmeal IP package in the morning, the soup and vegetables for lunch, meat and vegetables for dinner and the IP peannut and chocolate bar during the evening.

Am I allow to take the oatmeal and the peannut and chocolate bar in the same day?

I have my first WI on friday i'm excited! Oh.. and the first 3 days were ****! Now it's better! Thank you for your answers.

Vanessa
Hi Vanessa, first of all welcome. I am afraid to say that your suspicions were correct. Both the bar and oatmeal are on the restricted list which means only one per day. That doesn't mean though you cant have a 4th pkg if you are finding yourself hungry later in the day. Just make sure the 4 th one is a non- restricted as well. Good luck!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone is well! I have had a horrible few days and have had 9 hours sleep in 3 days. Work is SO busy. BUT.....I have stayed completely on track!
I have set myself a mini goal, I want 5 more pounds gone before I leave on vacation. That is 26 days away. So fat, start a melting, cause Susan needs to put on a bikini!
At any rate, I haven't had time to read and catch up, I just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Susan
Old 01-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
Good morning,

5 lbs lost . only 1/2 inch in abdomen though. So 12 lbs in 2 weeks! I need to stop stepping on the scale at home and trust that this will work.

Two weeks and I am getting bored with salads, I need to find some seasonings that will flavor things up. Any suggestions?

Have a great day,
Linda
I make a salad with lots of chopped garlic, sprinkled with grapeseed oil, and apple cider vinegar and salt. Sound pretty bland, but I like it. I bet it would be good with some other seasonings, like greek salad spices.
My main vegie is roasted turnip with garlic another favorite is mushrooms with zuccs.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone is well! I have had a horrible few days and have had 9 hours sleep in 3 days. Work is SO busy. BUT.....I have stayed completely on track!
I have set myself a mini goal, I want 5 more pounds gone before I leave on vacation. That is 26 days away. So fat, start a melting, cause Susan needs to put on a bikini!
At any rate, I haven't had time to read and catch up, I just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Susan
19 days until I hit the beach and i want to lose 7 more pounds.. then watch out Cuba....
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

This is for ambertobeme Don't stop posting even unhappy thoughts and feelings we all have them. (I didn't mean to make you feel bad if I did I am so sorry I just meant sometimes we need to remember how good we are doing and that every loss no matter the amount is something to be celebrated)

Sometimes I get terrible whoa is me syndrome and I won't post anything because its just me having a moment. Usually I call my mom and she has to set me straight! But not everyone has a mom, sister, or buddy on the program that they can call so that is why we are here we are your moms, your sisters, your buddies... we are here for each other for the horrays, the congrats, and the "good for you we are so proud of your accomplishments" But we are also here for the finger wags, the tsking, and the "hey take a minute to think" We are all the positive and the negative.
If you want to be cheered when you do good, excpect to be booed when you do bad (or at least commented on)... Am I right?

Last edited by Pegsi; 01-12-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #102  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
This is for ambertobeme Don't stop posting even unhappy thoughts and feelings we all have them.

I am always Happy and positive in the morning but my evenings are a little ruffer. Sometimes I get terrible whoa is me syndrome and I won't post anything because its just me having a moment. Usually I call my mom and she has to set me straight! But not everyone has a mom sister or buddy on the program that they can call so that is why we are here we are your moms your sisters your buddies... we are here for each other for the horrays the congrats and the "good for you we are so proud of your accomplishments" But we are also here for the finger wags the tsking the "hey take a minute to think" We are all the positive and the negative. If you want us to cheer you on when you do good excpect to be booed when you do bad... Am I right?
I sure think so. To me, support means praising the good and offering helpful suggestions if possible, not making excuses for the bad or the excesses. I've also recently decided on a personal rule. As much as I like to help, after I've answered the same question five times, I quit. Also, support is a two way street, not an I give; you take, or vice versa.

And speaking of saints who will willingly answer the same question 25 times even if she's just answered it the day before, has anyone at all heard from Carla? Maybe the third time I ask will be the charm -- speaking of repetition.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Okay everyone is looking for Carla... I also would like to know what happened to our superDave (salesgod) did he get the boot for all his nasty ferret comments? Or was it the risque speedo talk?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Okay everyone is looking for Carla... I also would like to know what happened to our superDave (salesgod) did he get the boot for all his nasty ferret comments? Or was it the risque speedo talk?
I might be confusing him with someone else, but didn't he start phase 2? Maybe on less or the life after thread? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #105  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Just wanted to say hi, I'm tried tonight, going to bed soon. We got the big snow, 6" or more. The most we have had in many many years. That is a lot of snow for north Alabama. We will be in for a few days. Game was good Monday night. War Eagle! Way to go Auburn.
I hit my goal of 120 Jan.7,2011. I started phase 2 on Dec.25, not sure when I'll move to phase 3. Type more later. Stay encouraged, it will be worth it in the long run. Judy
Closed Thread