Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 127/126/120

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much for posting Dr. Chanh's book!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

Yep I do. I have to find something but I'm not sure how. I find that there is so much tension in our house that there is no relief. When things at at thier high points I tend to walk away and take a nap.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Totally looking forward to tomorrow. I am starting back on IP I took a break and it was nice but I miss losing weight, -20 lbs. or so to go. YAY!
Welcome back Sexy Mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I'm going to offer a contrary opinion about the ketosis and ketostix.

If you follow the program, you don't need to worry about whether you are or aren't in ketosis. I've lost 60 lbs and I never used a ketostick; I wouldn't know one if you mixed it in to my 2 cups of veggies! (Though I might figure it out. )

Measuring urine-borne ketones daily or more frequently can become a distraction. We can choose to think about how to make the next round of veggies more appealing, or hug your kid/partner/pet or get a little gentle activity. OR, we can look at the colour of a piece of paper, obsess about what it means, and then come to the board and ask whether it's a problem. (Sounds a little like reading tea leaves to me. ) In my opinion, it's a huge waste of YOUR -- yes you --- attention, brainpower, and commitment.

In fact, if you're going to be on IP for a while, you will probably become ketoadapted, which means that your body is producing the right amount of ketones to fuel your brain and other vital needs and you won't be spilling extra in your urine.

I love to tweak and measure and develop tracking systems like you would not believe. I went looking for ketostix and was fortunate not to find them on the shelf. After that, I decided to look at them an advanced problem solving tool to be used only if I stopped losing fat while following the IP protocol. Fortunately, the only "problems" I had on IP were what I put in my mouth. That, my friends was simply though not always easily fixed.

Give yourself and your body a break! Unless your medical advisors have you on some program requiring some vigilance (and maybe even then), you don't need to treat your body as an undisciplined employee who needs to be monitored and whipped into shape with daily weigh ins, long counterproductive cardio sessions, and frequent urine tests. If you had a boss who treated you that way, you'd quit!

If you keep your protein consumption at sufficient levels and your starchy carbs low (and aren't taking medications that prevent weight loss), you will burn the excess fat you're carrying. I invite you to give yourself the freedom of one less thing to worry about.
Well said! And, you are completely right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
1. If you walk a puppy to get exercise ignore, and I repeat ignore, your trainer's instruction to have him heel (saunter, jaunt, lunge, race, leap) on the left side -- unless you want your left arm to be 2 inches longer at the end of Phase 4.

2. If you are constantly having to buy smaller size clothes, please only buy cashmere sweaters and silk blouses. This hint is complements of my cleaning lady. I can guarantee that if you wash them in the machine and dry them in the dryer, they will be at least one to three sizes smaller and you'll grow into them in no time.
Thanks for the laugh! I am currently helping my Mom with some foster dogs, and I will keep this in mind! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Okay, a little tough love - just passing on what I heard in week 3...

Well, do you really want to do this program? Do you want to succeed and be healthier? You know how this all works - each time you cheat, I think it gets harder and harder to get back on the bandwagon. That leftover cheeseburger probably didn't taste very good, did it? Why did you want it so bad? I bet that scone was pretty good, but it will still be good in 6 months (or however long you'll be on program for). If you can't stop with one bite, then why did you even have that bite, especially when you know that it's not on program? This program isn't just about losing the weight, it's about changing our mindset and learning how to keep it off forever. Your last diet - remember? You don't want to go through all of this and then put it back on, right?

You know that you can do this and we're here to help, but you have to want it, okay? Like Coastalcrafter just said, commit to the program 2 hours at a time. One meal at a time.
I think I needed to hear that as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I know I do. I have to have my big coffee in the morning. But I found on the first couple of days I would go out and get an afternoon espresso. 3-shot Americano, w/ splenda. There's not a whole lot in my stomach to begin with, so I'd get jittery, spacy and the stomach would feel really empty. After day 2, I cut out the afternoon coffee.

My sheet in my packet just says 1-ounce of milk with my coffee. Not skim, or anything. Which leads to Atkins, I remember he always suggested using whole cream instead of skim milk or any other milk. Why? Because of all the milks, skim has highest amount in sugar content. I'm going to ask my coach if a splash of whole cream is okay, because of the low sugar content. Any opinions?
Fat is better than sugar, I would say whole milk, even though the skim milk is more logical. What is the difference in carbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Tomorrow is the first weekday after the Holiday Season (Thanksgiving through New Year's Day). As a group we should all throw out or give away the rest of the goodies (if you haven't done so already) and resolve to get back on the IP protocol (even if you stayed on protocol during the whole Season). Make 2011 a healthy year! You have to resolve to do it for yourself (for your personal health and satisfaction) and then secondly for your loved ones (whether that be your husband or wife, boyfriend or girlfriend, children, etc. I have more weight to lose but feel great about what has been lost already. Let's go team and conquer these problems for good.
I gave away all my goodies and made mini meals for my kids and froze them (with all the left overs) Everything else I could, I packaged and froze.
This is a great piece of advice! GO TEAM!

I have been pretty good this week, staying on protocol and only deviating a small tiny bit. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people who can stray a little and come out the same or still lose. I have to stay focused, or I will gain it back and fast.

4 weeks till I'm in a BIKINI!

LADYVROD - THEY FIT! THEY FIT! THEY FIT! ;-) I will post the pic when I get home! I laughed so hard, cause he walked in the bedroom and said, WTH are you doing???? You better not wreck my pants! LOL! I handed him the camera, and said, humor me, take a picture! LOL! I actually looked pretty good in them!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #154  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomansgurl View Post
Hey all, My name is Michelle. This is my first time being a part of any forum or blog but I need help trying to stay on this diet. It's not even the end of my 1st week on the IP diet and I've fallen off the wagon on New Years and ate dinner with the party guests... I've munched on chips with my kids... Been dipping my celery in peanut butter I really wanna do this diet but its hard with no support.... So hopefully all of your posts and reading everything will help me get thru.... knowing im not the only one.... I got at least 100lbs I wanna lose....

You have come to the right place for information and support. We are all in this together and together we can lose the weight!

I must tell you though that the only way this program works is to NOT
CHEAT!! Rid your house of all the unhealthy food and then call a family meeting and explain to everyone how much you need their support and understanding in getting yourself healthier. You can do this!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #155  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
So hungry right now! I have dinner at a restaurant tonight, so I'm cooking up a cup of veggies now.
A cup of tea or something hot can also help with that if you are worried about going over your 4 cup limit on veggies - hot liquids are satiating.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #156  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I'm going to offer a contrary opinion about the ketosis and ketostix.

If you follow the program, you don't need to worry about whether you are or aren't in ketosis. I've lost 60 lbs and I never used a ketostick; I wouldn't know one if you mixed it in to my 2 cups of veggies! (Though I might figure it out. )

Measuring urine-borne ketones daily or more frequently can become a distraction. We can choose to think about how to make the next round of veggies more appealing, or hug your kid/partner/pet or get a little gentle activity. OR, we can look at the colour of a piece of paper, obsess about what it means, and then come to the board and ask whether it's a problem. (Sounds a little like reading tea leaves to me. ) In my opinion, it's a huge waste of YOUR -- yes you --- attention, brainpower, and commitment.

In fact, if you're going to be on IP for a while, you will probably become ketoadapted, which means that your body is producing the right amount of ketones to fuel your brain and other vital needs and you won't be spilling extra in your urine.

I love to tweak and measure and develop tracking systems like you would not believe. I went looking for ketostix and was fortunate not to find them on the shelf. After that, I decided to look at them an advanced problem solving tool to be used only if I stopped losing fat while following the IP protocol. Fortunately, the only "problems" I had on IP were what I put in my mouth. That, my friends was simply though not always easily fixed.

Give yourself and your body a break! Unless your medical advisors have you on some program requiring some vigilance (and maybe even then), you don't need to treat your body as an undisciplined employee who needs to be monitored and whipped into shape with daily weigh ins, long counterproductive cardio sessions, and frequent urine tests. If you had a boss who treated you that way, you'd quit!

If you keep your protein consumption at sufficient levels and your starchy carbs low (and aren't taking medications that prevent weight loss), you will burn the excess fat you're carrying. I invite you to give yourself the freedom of one less thing to worry about.
Rightly said!! I couldn't agree more!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Fat is better than sugar, I would say whole milk, even though the skim milk is more logical. What is the difference in carbs?
Per 1 fl. oz....

whole milk - 18 cals, fat - 1 gm, carbs - 1.6 gms

skim milk - 11 cals, fat - 0.1 gm, carbs - 1.5 gms

half & half - 39 cals, fat - 3.5 gms, carbs - 1.3 gms (should be noted that there is less than 0.1 gms of sugars in half & half)

fat free half & half - 18 cals, fat - 0.4 gms, carbs - 2.7 gms (1.5 of which are sugars)

heavy cream - 98 cals, fat - 10.5 gms, carbs - 0.8 (again, less than 0.1 of sugar)

Personally, I'd be staying away from the heavy cream.... Not worth it.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #158  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Question: How come when I "search this thread" on the recipe section, it always comes up with no recipes? Even when I am on a page that has that recipe posted?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bydec View Post
Question: How come when I "search this thread" on the recipe section, it always comes up with no recipes? Even when I am on a page that has that recipe posted?
I wondered the same thing - I have that issue.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Back on total IP today! Going for the next 30 pounds. Wishing everyone luck with their goals. Time to chew some lettuce
Have a great week!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #161  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
HI

I have been ordering Doctors Best Weight loss and at least here in Florida it comes in two days and prices are lower than the other companies I know. A lot different variety (Proti Diet etc ). Works good for me Worth to check..
Thanks Bulleriina!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #162  
4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Once you receive you order would you update this sheet?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...3c&hl=en#gid=1

Lists most of the food stats for the different manufacturers of IP like foods.
Thank you for this spreadsheet!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

MedicMom734

LADYVROD - THEY FIT! THEY FIT! THEY FIT! ;-) I will post the pic when I get home! I laughed so hard, cause he walked in the bedroom and said, WTH are you doing???? You better not wreck my pants! LOL! I handed him the camera, and said, humor me, take a picture! LOL! I actually looked pretty good in them!

hahahahahah I have to say I was curious if you would manage that.. bravo and I hope you share the pics with all of us... congrats again and thanks for the smile!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #164  
4me

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenley View Post
MedicMom734

hahahahahah I have to say I was curious if you would manage that.. bravo and I hope you share the pics with all of us... congrats again and thanks for the smile!
That's way cool! Enjoy it!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #165  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
A cup of tea or something hot can also help with that if you are worried about going over your 4 cup limit on veggies - hot liquids are satiating.
During the first and second world wars, at least in the English-speaking countries with everything, including tea, rationed, people used to drink cups of hot water to tamp down hunger.
Closed Thread