Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #76  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I just have two questions, why do you think you allowed yourself to have the fried foods and were you prepared to be able to avoid them? Also, what can you do differently next time?

You can't undo what you did. It will make you feel bad. It wasn't the right choice but, you knew that. You can make this program work through the holidays. It is more than possible but, it means not associating this "season" with food and food traditions. It also means being prepared. The holiday is just kicking off sooooo, how will you be better prepared next time?

Well - my plan of attack for the night was to go to the dinner basically full! It was a 45 minute drive away so I munched on cucumbers on the drive, pounded my water. When I got there, I planned to just be as far away from the junk as possible. Turns out it wasnt a tray of munchies, but individual ones - which put it right under my nose. The service at the resteraunt was terrible, our supper took 3 HOURS to come - and I was starving again - with deep fried goodness right infront of me, I guess my willpower just gave up. Next time I will make sure I have some IP friendly snacks in my purse - even if I have to sneak to the ladies room to eat them....LOL!!! Do you have any suggestions for such a situation??? Thank god that was our only Xmas party this year!! Just family suppers to deal with now.

Thanks for asking me to talk it out - it really helps seeing it in writing...
Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #77  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
I don't know if I am brave enough to do it but tomorrow after my WI I am going to hide my scale in the garage. I am so focused on that "number" but you are right Carla. That is all it is. Wish me luck. From the girl who weighs herself in the morning naked, afternoon with clothes on, and again before going to bed. Uggg. Enough!!
Go for it! It's liberating. Better yet, have your husband hide it so you don't know where it is. Go with how you feel and be surprised at your weekly WI! I will start weighing myself on a daily-ish basis when I reach goal. I don't remember who posted it but what she did is have a set number in her head and after she reached goal, she would weigh everyday and if she was coming close to 3 lbs over her set number, she would do a phase 1 day so that she could keep things in control. That's how I intend to keep myself in check after I reach goal, but right now the scale just makes me nuts! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Well - my plan of attack for the night was to go to the dinner basically full! It was a 45 minute drive away so I munched on cucumbers on the drive, pounded my water. When I got there, I planned to just be as far away from the junk as possible. Turns out it wasnt a tray of munchies, but individual ones - which put it right under my nose. The service at the resteraunt was terrible, our supper took 3 HOURS to come - and I was starving again - with deep fried goodness right infront of me, I guess my willpower just gave up. Next time I will make sure I have some IP friendly snacks in my purse - even if I have to sneak to the ladies room to eat them....LOL!!!
That sounds to me like you definitely made an effort to avoid temptations and to a certain extent, these things were out of your hands. Good for you for making a plan to stay on track though. I'd definitely suggest keeping a bar with you for those just-in-case moments. Even keeping an RTD or two in your car might be able to help.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #78  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

We are home after spending four days at the Colorado State School Board Convention in Colorado Springs at The Broadmoor. Every party had ample food and alcohol. I felt like I made some good choices. Absolutely no alcohol -- just water with lemon in it. One of the receptions had a tray of smoked fish and a raw vegetable tower -- so that was good. Before the receptions started I had some chocolate soy puffs so I felt "full". Last night we went to a BBQ place to eat and I wasn't able to review the menu. I went thinking I would have smoked turkey, but that was not on the menu. Ended up with a half rack of ribs because I could get them naked (without sauce); my two sides were green beans and a cucumber salad. I think I was pretty safe with that, however, what I am finding on the few times we have eaten out is I am suspicious of how restaurants cook their food. Does anybody else have that problem or just me? I have to say, I did come home from the convention without feeling like I was going to die from overeating and that is the first time that has happened. I love my new life
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #79  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama62 View Post
I went shopping today for something to wear to a wedding in two weeks. OMG! Everything that I tried on that fit was a size 12! At my brother's wedding over Labor Day, I wore 16W. I just love this plan and the support from this forum!
I had the same experience In August I went to the store and bought some work clothes and they were 16W -- a couple of weeks ago I had to buy some more because I was swimming in the others -- they were size 12. I was so happy to be able to move from the women's sizes to the other side of the isle. I was also able to buy some really nice clothes for the convention we went to. It felt so good -- I never want to go back to the weight I was before
Old 12-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #80  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=Mrs Diettrich;3596088]Go for it! It's liberating. Better yet, have your husband hide it so you don't know where it is. Go with how you feel and be surprised at your weekly WI! I will start weighing myself on a daily-ish basis when I reach goal. I don't remember who posted it but what she did is have a set number in her head and after she reached goal, she would weigh everyday and if she was coming close to 3 lbs over her set number, she would do a phase 1 day so that she could keep things in control. That's how I intend to keep myself in check after I reach goal, but right now the scale just makes me nuts! Good luck!

Thank you for that really great advice. Ill have to remember it!!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #81  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Thanks Linden! I got my T Tapp DVD's and I am excited.
I got mine, too, late yesterday. Obviously took longer to get here. Just decided about 15 minutes ago to try it and I can't find it. So the living room is chaotic with packing Christmas presents, clothes, dog and cat stuff, income tax papers; the top of the piano is loaded with Goodwill stuff; and the puppy's running around trying to find another place to hide a play bone; and I don't want to think that he just might, ever so soft-mouthedly, have liberated it from edge of the dining room table, and stuffed it away somewhere. Crumbs.

Oh come on. As if that weren't enough, a gecko got through the crack where I didn't close the screen door; the cat's after it; and if it gets packed in the stuff I'm shipping to Berlin I'll be put in jail for introducing an alien species.

After, after thought. The gecko has disappeared. The 18-year old cat can't jump up onto the dinning room table (the only place his food is safe) because there's a box on the chair he launches from. But he tried. The packed box is now on it's side; the contents are akimbo; the cat's in a huff; and the puppy's barking his fool head off. I quit.

Last edited by Linden; 12-05-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #82  

Hi all. Sounds like everyone had a fun weekend. Great job for those who have resisted at the Christmas parties. Lesley I keep a RTD and a salad dressing packet in my purse if I have these type of situations. There was a thread where someone said to pack an "emergency kit" I didn't pack everything yet, but at least if I'm starving I can rely on that. Hope that helps.
As far as for me: I tried on my wedding dress from 6 years ago, and my husband said "WOW!!" my boys 4 1/2 and 3 said "you look beautiful like a princess" aaww they're so cute. I don't remember the last time I tried it on, but its a Medium! I have bigger shoulders and always have to buy xlarge or large tops. Then I looked at my WW starting log from 2008 (only went to 1 meeting because I only saw the scale drop .2 pds. ) it said 187. I have not lost any since then just gained, so to see that I weigh less now then I did starting at WW back then is amazing to me.
I had a "peer pressure" moment this weekend. My friend brought mamosas and was trying to get me to drink them and kept asking me to. I just stood my ground and said I've come this far, I don't want to have a drink that will make me feel like crap waste that much money. "pats self on back" I have WI tomorrow morning, so I'll check back in tomorrow. Good night all!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
sheshie- ive been on IP for 3 weeks now i have an issue with gas to! what in the world!! Im glad you brought this up.. Since friday which is a night I did a bad thing and cheated I have had horrible hiccups all weekend like cant get rid of kind, im drinking tons of water trying to rid myself of them i hold my breath all those crazy tricks they just come back! Could it be associated with IP! On a good note I am making an IP friendly crockpot full of chili with lots of veggies and 93% lean ground meat of course it has my restricted tomatos in it but that will be the first time ive had anything restricted in 2 weeks including the IP restricteds
I don't know if the hiccups have anything to do with IP, but I hope you're rid of them by now... I hate it when that happens, hiccups going on & on... your veggie-filled chili sounds yummy... makes me want to make some... maybe next weekend...

Oh, gosh, speaking of next weekend, I've got a Christmas party to go to Friday night... it's going to be a potluck supper, & I've been asked to bring a dessert... I've settled on a peach cobbler, one of my favs, but I'm already gearing up to resist it... I just wish I knew what else people were bringing... maybe I should take an RTD or a bar just in case...

hugs
Old 12-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Thanks Carla. I really appreciate your response.

Today held a huge willpower test for me as my mom ordered pizza hut for supper. It looked so good. I had a moment of - how about one bite? But no!! I stopped myself, distracted myself with drinking water (I was cooking DH and I's supper -- hot "wings"). I got through so much temptation today. I think I may reward myself with a restricted snack-- one of the bars I have froze in the freezer (I love frozen chocolate).
I also spent 30minutes on the treadmill after lunch today.

Question:: I am permitted a restricted per day. I do want to lose the weight as fast as possible. I go on the treadmill every other day (just walking for 30mins). Should I have a restricted pack ONLY on the days I exercise for the best results?
Your mom............the same one that is one IP with you? sheesh How discouraging for you. it is one thing for someone, who is not eating healthy, to eat pizza in front of you but for someone who says that they are on IP?! She is so NOT on IP!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #85  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

tcswain- I have the same problem with trusting the restaurants too. Today DH and I went out to eat and I made it explicitly clear from the get-go that I had specific food guidelines. They were pretty darn good about it. I got plain oven roasted salmon and steamed broccoli. It came with lemon so I put that on as well as some pepper. I brought my own salad dressing and had mixed greens with celery and cucumber.
I need to get some ready to go dressing packets. And bring sea salt. I need to add an emergency IP packet as well.
Tomorrow we are going to our local IP place. Id like to try the WF mayo, BBQ sauce and hopefully they have thousand island dressing. I'd love a "big Mac in a bowl" for dinner tomorrow.
(ladyvrod- ya she's "off" the program now. It upset me that she got the pizza even though she knows DH and I are on the program. It was a huge challenge for me to resist. But I did it. Thank goodness!!)
Also:: I'M DONE with my darn scale too!! Enough obsessinh about my daily weight. I'll just leave it for WI. I told DH, take it away - you can use it but I'm so done!!

Last edited by SashaJS; 12-05-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Well done!

Not to try to show anyone up, but I weigh less now than I did as a high school freshman without a driver's license. And to think that my 20 year reunion is coming right up. IF I go, do you suppose they'll recognize me if I'm not the fat kid anymore?
IF you go? You should definately go!! Just to see the looks on everyone's faces.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #87  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Hi, calm weekend, busy week ahead. I read all the post. My weight loss has slowed down even more. A few pounds and a few inches of fat in the middle and I'll be ready to start phasing off. It has been 7 months. I am thankful for the progress I have made thus far. I'm proud for all of you. I'll check in later. Judy
Old 12-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #88  

Hi, I'm sure there are instructions somewhere to post before and after pics, but I can't find them. Can anyone tell me how to post those pictures so all you have to do is click on the "progress photos" under the signature? Thanks.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #89  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi, I'm sure there are instructions somewhere to post before and after pics, but I can't find them. Can anyone tell me how to post those pictures so all you have to do is click on the "progress photos" under the signature? Thanks.
Amy, to do this, you create a thread under the mini goals photo album thread off the 3FC home page. Create your thread, post your pictures and copy your link & paste it into your signature. You can just create a hyperlink so that you can click on the words "my progress photos" or whatever and it will take you to your thread.

I's post links here, but I'm doing this on my BB. Let me know if this is clear as mud!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Amy, to do this, you create a thread under the mini goals photo album thread off the 3FC home page. Create your thread, post your pictures and copy your link & paste it into your signature. You can just create a hyperlink so that you can click on the words "my progress photos" or whatever and it will take you to your thread.

I's post links here, but I'm doing this on my BB. Let me know if this is clear as mud!
Jess, thanks for the help, I'm looking up what "hyperlink" means, and I'll hopefully eventually get it done. Maybe next time I'm that way, I'll bring my laptop and you can do it for me.
Closed Thread