Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui71 View Post
Hey, all! Day 3 of the IP diet.....
First off, I'm blown away by what I’ve seen in this forum so far! SO many people working so hard at this and finding success...losing 50#, 100#, and up! And here I am, totally wimpy after 2 days, wondering HOW I'm going manage to lose my 25 pounds on this tortuous diet!!! I'm told it gets better.
5 of my co-workers started this diet 5 weeks ago and they are literally melting! I have always been opposed to the idea of "diet"-I'm embarrassed to admit I'm on one. It's a LIFESTYLE, right?! Eat "clean", move your body with cardio and weightlifting....well that was all well and good until the last couple years. After spending 2 years on 2 medications I gained 10 pounds and once I got off the meds and hit the exercise with earnest, i suffered a low back and shoulder injury...2 months down for the count and 10 more pounds on! I've healed up and spent the last 8 months trying to loose the weight. For the first time in my life, my usual healthy active lifestyle yielded NO results. i increased my weights at the gym to put on fat burning muscle mass, I watched portions, tried to find the right combination of carbs and protein, tried out interval cardio....All I have been able to do is maintain my weight. People say,"well, your hitting 40, that's when we start to fall apart...". Great. I learning that the human body is a wacky thing and that sometimes committing to a healthy lifestyle doesn't work for everyone. Sometimes you have to admit you don't have control and ypou need some help. So, green with envy, I watched my co-workers revel in smaller pant sizes...and I decided to go for it! I look foward to learning from you all and sharing in everyones success.
My greatest fear is that I'll go into my weigh ins only to find that I'm not loosing any weight...that I'm just destined to be frumpy mom and no more hot outdoors woman.....
I AM feeling a bit better today....a blessing. But BOY do I get GRUMPY around 3:30pm...oh, my GAWD!!!!! My poor family. Actually, the husband is on the diet to, which is great!
Wow! except for the meds part, your story could be my story. Went to the gym 5-6x a week for classes, zumba, weights etc...one hour each time... THOUGHT I was watching food intake staying at 1200 cal...did NOT realize the carbs I was taking in... omg...i log everything i eat using the jillian michaels site... from biggest loser... and when i look back at my log from say, June??? I was doing over 100 carbs per DAY!!!! no wonder! so yes this is a lifestyle change... and i love it......i never EVER thought anything would work for me now that I am 46 yrs young.........metabolism etc.... but i tried and now down 48 lbs..STILL trying to wrap my head around it all.... woo hooo you will LOVE IT !!! we promise
Old 12-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #32  

coqui71, to the best forum on the WWW!.. not only will you learn a lot here, you'll also have the best support you can imagine... lots & lots of wonderful people!.. don't worry about not losing weight, as long as you follow protocol, you will do amazingly... as for turning 40 & our bodies starting to fall apart, I don't think mine started 'til I was 50, & that was mostly my fault, not the calendar's... now, at 61, I'm finding that it's possible to undo a big portion of the damage... before IP, I thought turning into an old unhealthy woman was inevitable, but I'm happy to report I haven't felt this young in over 25 years... IP is the greatest!..

hugs
Old 12-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Blah, had my weigh in this morning, and I think I am forever stuck in the 160's! LOL!

160.4, down 1.5 pounds from last week! Of course it couldn't be the whole 2 I've been losing, that would have put it into the 150's! HA HA HA!
I lost 1/2 an inch.

I do know that I went wrong this week with a couple of higher carb days due to long hours at work. I am not discouraged, just disappointed!

I WILL see that 150's next week, I know I will!

Hope everyone has a fabulous IP day!
Your profile pic is GREAT!!!! It's both exciting and frustrating to be right on that edge!!! The week will go fast and you'll see the 150s soon!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
coqui71, to the best forum on the WWW!.. not only will you learn a lot here, you'll also have the best support you can imagine... lots & lots of wonderful people!.. don't worry about not losing weight, as long as you follow protocol, you will do amazingly... as for turning 40 & our bodies starting to fall apart, I don't think mine started 'til I was 50, & that was mostly my fault, not the calendar's... now, at 61, I'm finding that it's possible to undo a big portion of the damage... before IP, I thought turning into an old unhealthy woman was inevitable, but I'm happy to report I haven't felt this young in over 25 years... IP is the greatest!..
Oh, thanks for the welcome and the HOPE!!!!
hugs

Oh, thanks for the welcome and the HOPE!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #35  
SoonToBeTheThinGirl

S/C/G: 291.8/208/135 be4IP(start1/10)

Height: 208/182.8/135 IP (start 10/15/10), height: 5'4.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
GOOD LUCK let us know

Thank you!

Yay! So my body finally let go a bit--lost 1.8 pounds! I also lost inches, but don't know how many because I didn't get to see my progress paper--will find out next week. So down 25.2 in about 7 weeks. I'm trying not to get caught up in the number on the scale, but just enjoying how my body is changing altogether! It's hard though sometimes!

Congrats on everyone elses' NSVs and SVs.

Bought the McCormick Parmesan and Herbs seasoning that was mentioned yesterday--going to use it on my fish tonight! I haven't had any fish since starting because I'm not a big fish person (just white fish) and I always have to have at least a small amount of breadcrumbs on it to cut the fishy flavor. I'm going to give this new stuff a try, with a little olive oil, and hopefully it will taste great!

Oh yeah, another thing--I had gotten a few packets of Strawberry Pudding to try *so I didn't have the box for the NI* and I was curious to see what they were, so I looked while at my IP center today, and I was amazed to see that there's 190% calcium in it! Doesn't this seem kind of off? I asked my coach if that was correct and she was kind of quiet and just said "yeah, that's it". I think that's way over-doing it. Especially since we take so many supplements that have calcium in them. It makes me wonder if it throws my body off with having too much calcium.

Carla how much of the Ionic Fizz Magnesium Plus do you use daily? I'm going to get it and try it because what you said about how there's a ratio of calcium to magnesium. I tried finding the item at stores around here but can't seem to. Did you buy it online at the Vitamin Shoppe website?

Old 12-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

good morning everyone!

So, I went to the movies and saw "The Warrior's Way". I am tend to go to a lot of movie screenings and previews. This was one of those; it releases today. Definitely intended for an older teen/young 20's audience. The feel was like watching a video game. It was very unusual and not at all mainstream. It has a fanciful feeling like Big Fish or Chocolat but some humor similar to Shanghai Noon, and theatrics and cinematography like Crouching Tiger. It is definitely for a niche audience.

Because it was a preview we waited in line 2 hours. During that time we play cards, eat, drink, chat with others so, it ends up being a nice social time.

For food I prepared these great low carb wraps for him. I found La Tortilla factory makes a flax seed multi grain, wrap small to medium sized, which has 6 net carbs and 12 g of fiber. I have been using those for his "restricted" items. He got sandwich wraps with turkey, lettuce, spinach, zero carb low fat cheese, and dijon. I had a drink and a salad in a bowl with extra veggies. For a snack we each had the bbq soy puffs. He still drinks some diet soda so, we picked up one of those and I had water. It worked out quite well.

The past two nights I have been dreaming of food. I was dreaming of lasagna and eclairs yesterday! I don't really ever want either so I am not sure where those thoughts came from. At least I no longer wake in a panic because I am dreaming of eating food. The first few times it happened, I was DEVESTATED! Thought I had ruined myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
it WILL get better. some things that will help get you through the first hard days...
1. drink some hot tea
2. be sure you are taking all your supplements including the omegas, as the fat will help you
3. be sure you are getting some olive oil at lunch, make a big salad with some vinegar and oil dressing.
4. if you are really hungry to the point of feeling weak or ill, drink a BIG glass of water, and lick some salt off your hand (or eat a pickle). If you don't start to feel better in about 15 minutes, allow yourself a 4th packet that day.
5. take a nap
Really, the first days are gruesome. But remember NOW how bad this feels, because if you cheat and knock yourself out of ketosis, this is how bad it will feel again! Once you are in ketosis you will feel SOOOOOO much better, and you don't want to go back to feeling this way, so use it as a motivator for your future success! Hang on, you are so worth it!
This such great advice! Have you cross posted to the newbies thread. I AM SURE someone who joins us in the future will find this valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Hi! Do you go to the movies or watch it at home --- I was wondering what we can take to munch while the movie... I used to eat popcorn with lots of butter, I am not going anymore because I don't know what to munch...
I do both! I am part of a group the watches screenings and previews but, we tend to watch movies at the house a lot too. I take anything to the movies. I have my drinks and mix with a bottle of water. I have taken in a lidded cup with pudding or jello (and a bit of blue ice). I have pickles, fresh veggies, soy puffs (savory or chocolate), bits of protein bars in a bag, kale chips, dried green beans, turnip chips, pieces of grilled chicken, an IP chocolate muffin, a coffee latte made with an IP ready to drink shake and a few other things I am sure. I don't restrict my brain. If I can eat it at home I can probably eat it there. They allow us to bring in food while we wait so, I have made up lettuce wraps, lettuce sandwiches, salads, and drinks for me. For him, it is easier, he is a low carb, low fat diet so, I have a few more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Happy Friday Everyone! The weeks have just been zipping by. Looking forward to the Christmas break and sometime to relax. How is everyone planning on handling the holidays while on IP? I am on phase II and plan to stick to that over the holidays with a couple of cheat days built in. I really miss fresh fruit and a glass of red wine here and there. This would be the perfect diet if those were included.
I am planning on a nice holiday dinner withOUT all the the extas . Basically a meat, cooked veggies, cauliflower/rutabaga mash, and a salad. Dessert will probably be a caramel creme pudding made with vanilla pudding and swirls of walden farms caramel dip. I'm not baking this year, I did my first year and it wasn't hard but, why? I can't eat it and neither should most of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
I apologize for being a little late this morning opening up the new thread. I was wiped out and not even the pups woke me this morning. The sleep was nice.

I go to the movies on a regular basis. Here are the different items I've taken over the last few months in order to stay away from the snack bar:
    I can open the post for tomorrow tonight, before I go to bed. You can sleep in this weekend if you like.

I used to be such a popcorn girl. Like you I see movies regularly so, it was a real surprise to be at movies and not care what was at the snack bar. I also found there are some healthy and easy snack choices. I wish the snack bar manager could figure it out!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
    My movie theater sells dill pickles (big ones!) so I usually get one of those.....and sometimes a diet pop (I don't drink them at home or even when out to eat so it's a splurge I can live with).

Ok, on to me. I decided that I needed to start doing something....so, I did 30 mins of beginner yoga (from youtube videos). It wasn't bad....I think I can handle this every night.....so, I am looking to buy a couple DVDs.....but when I checked out Amazon, the choices were through the roof! I need suggestions. I am a beginner, but fairly flexible and athletic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Have a great IP day!!!
    Most of my theaters sell water, bottled/brewed/unsweetened tea, and pickles. MY FAVORITE theater sells salads, veggie trays, and makes specialty coffee to order. I have been able to get them to steam an IP drink and add it to a coffee. That was really nice!

For the yoga dvd, check goodwill, big lots, dollar stores, tj maxx, ross, or marshalls, and ebay. You would be surprised how many cheap ones you can find. ALSO, keep an eye out for a bed bath and beyond coupon. you can use the coupon to order online and get a dvd for 5.00 to 20% off depending on coupon

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
    Good morning all! Just woke up from a dream that I had eaten a bagel with cream cheese right before my weigh in! Boy, was I glad when I woke up and find out it wasn't true. Anyone else have these dreams? I had them almost every night in the first week or so haha. I don't even care to have a bagel though, so I was like "what am I doing??" in the dream.

Anyhow, off to weigh in and get measured--hope I at least lost inches this week--still holding out and pushing through this rough time.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
    I have absolutly had these weird dreams where i eat stuff im not supposed to!! So glad Im not the only one!! lol
    I had a dream where i ate pizza and then had ice cream for dessert!! i woke up so confused and then thought omg...who the heck has dreams about food????
    all i can say is...thank goodness it was a dream!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
    I have the food dreams too. It always makes me wake up in a panic until I realize it is just a dream!

FOOD DREAMS! We need a thread just to share our crazy food dreams! They are so common. I think it is the rare person who DOESN'T end up with one of these dreams. I always have a great loss the days after I dream of food.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
    This weekend I am at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs attending the Colorado Association of State Board convention. Last night I saw people whom I hadn't seen for a year and every one of the remarked about my weight loss. I was a little concerned re: food here but it is of the finest quality and high calories.

I felt I made good choices at the reception that we went to last night. Cocktails and hor d'ourves were to start at 6:30 with supper at 7:00. So about 5:00 I had my snack of chocolate soy puffs and was able to avoid the hor d'ourves. For my "cocktail" I had water with lemon slice in it -- I took the straw and played and squished the lemon slice so it kept me busy but it was also very refreshing and I continued to get my water.

They had a gorgeous pasta bar and the chef was sauteeing garlic as well as other spices that smelled so good, but I avoided the pasta bar altogether. At the main table they had quail with a cream sauce -- Nope, not on the program. But the next server had veal medallions, no sauce, so I took a small slice of that and the next one had baked bass, another small piece and then I had brocolli, no cheese sauce. I believe I stayed on protocol as much as I could.

After supper I felt totally satisfied, not stuffed like some years, and feel great this morning.

Have a great day everybody.
    Sounds like you made very good choices!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
    Blah, had my weigh in this morning, and I think I am forever stuck in the 160's! LOL!

160.4, down 1.5 pounds from last week! Of course it couldn't be the whole 2 I've been losing, that would have put it into the 150's! HA HA HA!
    I lost 1/2 an inch.

I do know that I went wrong this week with a couple of higher carb days due to long hours at work. I am not discouraged, just disappointed!

I WILL see that 150's next week, I know I will!

Hope everyone has a fabulous IP day!
    You will see the 150's well before Christmas! You are doing great!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
    Good morning all,
    Last night while talking to my mother she had mentioned that being single must be the hardest way to diet. I disagree. I believe that people with families especially children have it the hardest. My hat is off you!!!
    I think single is the easiest way. You don't have to think about meals for other people or keep their foods in the house as a temptation. I admire the people who are cooking for families and can be so focused!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!
    I have decided today that I'm not going to worry too much about how many pounds I loose, but rather how many inches I loose. For the past 5 weeks I have lost steadily up to 20 pounds, but it seems that WI on week 6 tomorrow is not going to show any loss. I'm going to concentrate on NSVs. This morning I put on a pair of jeans I couldn't even get past my thighs two months ago and they slipped right up and are a bit loose. Some of my coworkers tell me I look thin, so I know IP works.
    GREAT OUTLOOK and ATTITUDE! In the end it is not the number on the scale the determines how fit you are. You should definitely look at the inches and sizes lost to determine how well you are doing. We lose so much more fat on this diet than someone else that we can weigh more and be smaller! Enjoy your new outlook.

Quote:
    WELL NOW...seems since the last xmas dinner I went to for my boyfreinds work group last wednesday...people are asking him 'what i did' to lose weight. No one really asked me anthing to my face except ONE lady... just got an email for the 'name of the product' I am using. DO YOU KNOW how often this is happening now? I should get a cut on the profits for all the peeps I am recommending to try this !!! LOL
    My clinic offers referral incentives. You get boxes of food for referrals that sign up! Maybe at some point you can be a coach for them?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
    ...TGIF !!! I ate out last night..mexican..UGHHH!! My fave...but luckily my daughter was w me and we both did great..No nachos,no beans , no quacamole or rice....I ordered a small steak..it came w veggies (cauliflower and zuchini)but was covered w cheese...I scraped all the cheese off...it was YUMMY...and I was so full..choked down my final protein packet of the day and hit the sack....
    I am determined to win the battle of the bulge.....the loss of 8 lbs over Thanksgiving week has given me such a positive feeling....I CAN do this !!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND...STAY STRONG, and remember YOU ARE WORTH IT !! =-)
    Good choices for Mexican food. You really can do this and you can live a normal life. It will just be a healthier life than before!
    Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #37  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coqui71 View Post
    Hey, all! Day 3 of the IP diet.....
    First off, I'm blown away by what I’ve seen in this forum so far! SO many people working so hard at this and finding success...losing 50#, 100#, and up! And here I am, totally wimpy after 2 days, wondering HOW I'm going manage to lose my 25 pounds on this tortuous diet!!! I'm told it gets better.
    5 of my co-workers started this diet 5 weeks ago and they are literally melting! I have always been opposed to the idea of "diet"-I'm embarrassed to admit I'm on one. It's a LIFESTYLE, right?! Eat "clean", move your body with cardio and weightlifting....well that was all well and good until the last couple years. After spending 2 years on 2 medications I gained 10 pounds and once I got off the meds and hit the exercise with earnest, i suffered a low back and shoulder injury...2 months down for the count and 10 more pounds on! I've healed up and spent the last 8 months trying to loose the weight. For the first time in my life, my usual healthy active lifestyle yielded NO results. i increased my weights at the gym to put on fat burning muscle mass, I watched portions, tried to find the right combination of carbs and protein, tried out interval cardio....All I have been able to do is maintain my weight. People say,"well, your hitting 40, that's when we start to fall apart...". Great. I learning that the human body is a wacky thing and that sometimes committing to a healthy lifestyle doesn't work for everyone. Sometimes you have to admit you don't have control and ypou need some help. So, green with envy, I watched my co-workers revel in smaller pant sizes...and I decided to go for it! I look foward to learning from you all and sharing in everyones success.
    My greatest fear is that I'll go into my weigh ins only to find that I'm not loosing any weight...that I'm just destined to be frumpy mom and no more hot outdoors woman.....
    I AM feeling a bit better today....a blessing. But BOY do I get GRUMPY around 3:30pm...oh, my GAWD!!!!! My poor family. Actually, the husband is on the diet to, which is great!
    I had a story not unlike yours. The introductions thread has the story, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html

I know what you mean about being afraid you might not lose. I felt the same way. TRUST ME, even if it takes awhile or comes slow, it will happen!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post

Thank you!

Yay! So my body finally let go a bit--lost 1.8 pounds! I also lost inches, but don't know how many because I didn't get to see my progress paper--will find out next week. So down 25.2 in about 7 weeks. I'm trying not to get caught up in the number on the scale, but just enjoying how my body is changing altogether! It's hard though sometimes!

Congrats on everyone elses' NSVs and SVs.

Bought the McCormick Parmesan and Herbs seasoning that was mentioned yesterday--going to use it on my fish tonight! I haven't had any fish since starting because I'm not a big fish person (just white fish) and I always have to have at least a small amount of breadcrumbs on it to cut the fishy flavor. I'm going to give this new stuff a try, with a little olive oil, and hopefully it will taste great!

Oh yeah, another thing--I had gotten a few packets of Strawberry Pudding to try *so I didn't have the box for the NI* and I was curious to see what they were, so I looked while at my IP center today, and I was amazed to see that there's 190% calcium in it! Doesn't this seem kind of off? I asked my coach if that was correct and she was kind of quiet and just said "yeah, that's it". I think that's way over-doing it. Especially since we take so many supplements that have calcium in them. It makes me wonder if it throws my body off with having too much calcium.

Carla how much of the Ionic Fizz Magnesium Plus do you use daily? I'm going to get it and try it because what you said about how there's a ratio of calcium to magnesium. I tried finding the item at stores around here but can't seem to. Did you buy it online at the Vitamin Shoppe website?

You know, you can also bread the fish in the sour cream and onion soy puffs, like we do with the chicken! You could also use the southwest cheese curls or the chili lime soy puffs from lindora. It would be a nice change.

I use 1 to 2 scoops of the fizz a day. Usually at night but, if I am very constipated or sore, then I use one in the morning also.

I get mine at the local health food store and the market sprouts. They seem to have a great price. My coach also sold it. I think the novi lax or novi flora is used by some people the same way calm or ionic fizz is intended. My sister shops from vitaminshoppe and has had great success with them.

OK!! I am outta here! I have several meetings this afternoon and a project to focus on. I will see you all after dinner! Have a great Friday afternoon!
    Old 12-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #38  
    WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
    Good morning all,
    Last night while talking to my mother she had mentioned that being single must be the hardest way to diet. I disagree. I believe that people with families especially children have it the hardest. My hat is off you!!!

It is definitely hard with children...they don't always want to eat my "healthy" meals. They do most of the time...they LOVE salad and veggies but sometimes I will fix them something different. I have found myself fixing 3 different meals in 1 night!!
    Old 12-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodatchick View Post
    It is definitely hard with children...they don't always want to eat my "healthy" meals. They do most of the time...they LOVE salad and veggies but sometimes I will fix them something different. I have found myself fixing 3 different meals in 1 night!!
    I am a single mom, and its tough, but my kids have adapted. I usually make them eat what I eat, but add in potatoes or whatever. I find it hard because I have all the regular goodies around that I need to have for the kids, like lunch snacks, juice, fruit, and just regular old snack stuff. I have a 3 year old and a 16 year old, so obviously their needs are very different.
    Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #40  
    09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Originally Posted by whodatchick

I am not single, and my first thought when starting IP was this is going to be hard with cooking meals for them and meals for me. I found in my case I was wrong. I usually make dinner and reserve meat for myself and spice it up, the veggies are the same, or I cook enough so I have left overs and then all I have to do is heat it up while the family's dinner is cooking. The kids and my DH is very supportive and for the most part they like the food I have to eat to stay on protcol. Maybe I just got luck. For all those that struggle with th diet and family, hang in their it will pay off and in hte mean time you are teaching a healthier lifestyle to your kids by modeling control, and reinforcing that enjoying life doesn't have to be about pigging out on sweets.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

I live with my boyfriend and its not been hard for us he works shift works so 2 weeks out of the month I'm on my own for dinner anyway. The nights he is here like last night i had a baked chicken breast with a spicy mustard vinegar splenda sorta marinade i fixed up and i put lemon pepper marinade on his i had smashed cauliflower with garlic and salt and pepper, while i made him noodles and he had the cauliflower too he thought they were mashed potatoes haha im tricky!!
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #42  
    Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday to everyone!

I am letting you all know my husband and I are hosting our annual Christmas party tomorrow night.

The preparations begin tonight by making up my taco salad and cheese balls. I have a huge menu planned and it is gonna be a little tough not eating these foods, but I plan on NOT cheating --- no matter what.

Going to have peeled and ready-to-eat shrimp (which I can eat) and fresh cut up veggies.

The hard stuff to resist will be the flaming cheese, honey garlic meatballs, taco dip, cream cheese pinwheels, wings, phyllo dough pastries, M&M's (plain & peanut), cream horns, chocolate covered cheesecakes, fritos scoops and nuts.

Well, is everyone totally drooling now?

I keep thinking I am only 13 pounds from my goal and I don't want to mess things up!

Will report on Sunday how it all went. I plan on keeping busy entertaining and fussing over everyone and not worrying about what food I CAN'T eat!!!

L
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
    You are so right! the same for me!....and now people are saying 'but dont lose tooooo much' LOLOL I tell them well in 23 more lbs I will be the same weight I was when I met my boyfriend 14 yrs ago !!!!!!!! then when I reach that.... I will 'just be' at the bmi for acceptable weight for my height and frame... so will aim for the 135 and get right INTO the safe zone for my stats. they freak!!!! I say, 'you dont see me naked" LOL there IS 23 more to lose and more........
    So funny! I also have 23 to go and people are asking me if I want to disappear. I don't understand the concern. 130 is not too thin for a 5'3'' height.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
    hahah Loosingforgood! just this week I have told 4 people about this program and given them the number to the office that i go to, one has already signed up and is on her 2nd day! All i did was post a new picture of Facebook and had a status about my loss ive had in the past two weeks. Everyone wants to know exactly how im doing it and how they can do it! All seem concerned they are going to be starving! Im only in week 2 but im hardly ever even hungry anymore! Congrats to everyone on their nsv and scale victorys this week! Next week is fnal exam week for me so thats normally when im eating out of a vending machine breakfast lunch and dinner and spending my day inthe computer lab! I opted to stay home and do my work this year locking myself in our office with huge bottles of water and not coming out till my projects or done or its time for a shake and food! lol becoming a teacher is sooo stressful!!
    I am a teacher too and I can tell you that is the most rewarding job in the world! I wish you the best.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Default How people in our lives react to our weight "release"

I said weight "loss" to someone and they said "loss?" as in you lost it and you want to find it again? haha so it is now weight release in my book I definately do NOT want to find it again.

There has been some chatter on the boards off and on about how people in our lives respond to our new thinner/shrinking selves.

My experience last night.

It was a friend's birthday so we (about 10 of us) met for $1 tacos at a local bar. (no tacos for me btw. steamed clams and salad, brought my own cucumber to add the salad to get my 2 cups in). I have not seen any of the group since Nov 5th at a party at my house so that was several lbs and inches ago. (i posted a new progress picture so compare pictures 2 & 3 and you can see there is a difference). No one noticed! I am doing this for me for sure so my feelings aren't hurt I just find it rather funny and here is why.
    2 members of the group ALWAYS say to me "have you lost weight?" when they were saying this, like the last 2 years, I had not released a single lb more like put a couple on. NOW when I have definately been getting thinner no one said a thing. Kinda funny really. The only comment was from my cousin when I ordered a club soda with lemon and lime instead of a drink she commented, "I thought you were only go to stop drinking until Thanksgiving" haha
    Funny really. Thank you all for being. This is the best support group/sounding board ever. I think sometimes it is easier to "vent" to those we do not know.
    Closed Thread