Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #76  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
Happy Friday everyone!
I just returned from my meetings in Toronto. I openly admit I was frustrated with the food they served. The coordinator of the event asked if there was any diet restrictions and I openly told her what was required. At any rate the last 2 days worth of menus consisted of greasy food, cookies, pasta and bbq drenched ribs! Luckily I armed myself with my own food. And when they brought food to the table that I couldn't eat I politely excused myself from the event and went to the restaraunt where we were staying and ordered the foods that I could eat.
This whole week was filled with temptations. Food wise I had no interest in cheating or going off protocol but usually there is alot of drinking at these events. Needless to say I didn't have one! I sure wanted to and maybe more so to fit in but I just couldn't rationalize slowing down my weight loss for the need to want to be apart of the "in-crowd". I gladly sipped water or herbal tea (chamomile since it has no carbs). And when temptation and peer pressure got to great I excused myself from the event. It came at a small price as some of my friends were disappointed in me since normally I am the life of the party. But my reward came after when the next morning we had to be back at the meetings and be alert these people were barely staying awake and they reaked of the alcohol coming through their pores. While I, on the other hand, energetic and bubbly and able to pay attention at what was being said.
My other win was several people were asking me what I was doing to lose weight and I gladly told them. One girl joined prior to the meetings and while at the meetings she was in week 1 (another reason why it was so important for me to stick to protocol - to support her and lead by example). And another friend of mine is trying to book an appointment today to get started.

Like in the Biggest Loser this season I too will "Pay it Forward" and share my enthusiasm and my knowledge of this program with whoever asks. There is no better feeling than knowing you were able to help someone who needs it.
One for each paragraph:
Old 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #77  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I have no idea whether or not this will help, or even make sense. But I'm going to give it a try.

Here's what I tell my writing students (repeatedly!). Use transition to smooth out your writing.

Translated? Use transition to smooth out your life: Well, I was that before, but now I'm. . . .

Or, When I was. . . . But now I'm actually beginning to like myself. The imperative here is BUT. It's a word that implies subtraction -- something we all think about on this eating plan. I can't say just do such-and-such; or just thing so-and-so. But I do believe that you can say BUT to what you were and AND to what you are becoming, and what you want to be. Does that make sense?
Great message Linden, Thanks!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #78  

As a newbie to IP, and a lurker on this board for some time, I can tell you that I too would appreciate the "cheat talk" confined to the cheat thread. I have not opened that thread and have no intention of doing so. When I read about cheats it is discouraging and not something I need. This diet is suppose to be short term, to quickly eliminate excess weight and then reintroduce a balanced lifestyle. It isn't easy. Encouragement and learning from those that have done it is extremely helpful and appreciated. Those are the posts I want and need to read and to all of you that post them I am most grateful.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #79  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
MarionM: I totally agree with you on that! The chocolate walk? That is a cool name.

If I may address this: I see both sides totally but I do believe it is WRONG to make a person feel so badly that they feel absolutely worthless, don't you? Can't there be an easier way to direct the attention off of the big "C" word by saying there is a link? Everyday someone new will join these threads that is what this is suppose to be about is support!! I am sorry if I offend any of you, yes I did say I cheated and for that I apologize. Look at your posts, how many times did you say cheat? Or for that matter alternative products considering the site is IDEAL PROTEIN? I am totally fine with it, because I take the good that I get from each and everyone of you.

I guess I misunderstood what this thread was all about. I am signing off for the night but I want to leave this with you, I have only been on Ideal protein sight for a short time but have been a member of this site since 2008, and the message I received just a short time ago about how worthless one of the people felt was very saddening.
Sheila, apparently our "downtown" businesses stay open late and pass out chocolate to try to get you to check out their shops. I figure I'll opt for the walk portion.

I certainly didn’t intend to make anyone feel worthless, and for that, I am sorry. However; I feel very strongly that this is not an effective support group if every time someone cheats the response is, ‘It’s okay, just get back on track’. I know in my mothering natures it is likely that I have said that. A real friend will say to you, “Stop cheating, you are worth more than that!” I believe Dave said that very well.

The truth is that it’s not okay to cheat, not only is it a waste of money, but it destroys your self image and inner strength because then you begin to think that it’s okay. It’s like when you first wash your car, you want to keep it clean, but then time goes on the dirt builds up until someone is writing ‘Wash me” on the back window. Each cheat desensitizes us to the next one.

No one needs to cheat. We all need to make healthy choices.
Will there be moments when we are tempted? Sure, but that’s where life takes discipline. That discipline is in each and every one of us and we have to make the choice to exercise it and take control of our lives including what we eat.

Last edited by Marionm; 10-01-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #80  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Marion: I did not intend that to be for you in particular it was for all of us including myself. I do however have to agree with you we all have those days!! I jumped back on the horse because I knew from my coach the set back I made and like everything else we all individually will experience different things that happen. I think that getting ripped for a cheat is a good thing actually!! I just felt sorry for the person that was feeling attacked, I know that is no ones intentions.

I think I will name my walk path "Candy Lane"
Old 10-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #81  

The goal is to stay on protocol, otherwise the diet does not work... but falling off protocol does not equal failure... if you experience a slip*, it's not an excuse to give up the diet or to keep eating the wrong stuff... you haven't blown it, but you will most likely have a set-back...

*slip - Dr. Tran Tien's own term, he talks about minor slips & major slips in his book & tells us how to deal with them... Chapter 13...

That's all I'm saying.............

hugs
Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #82  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Can you give me your thoughts on pepperoni? I'm under the assumption it's not allowed, but really need to understand why! Thanks!
12.31 grams of fat in 28 grams of pepperoni, i.e., one ounce; not to mention 483 mg of sodium.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #83  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

Calling all experienced IPers! I am in my 7th week, and for the past 7 days I have been suffering with persistent to severe stomach pain and indigestion. I have eliminated CAL MAG, for the past 2 days but the discomfort continues. I have continued chugging along, but my coach didn't offer me anything but lay off the CAL MAG. Any Ideas? I am doing so well, but I am beginning to be concerned. ANY and All information will be appreciated.

Last edited by FatnFunky; 10-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Hi All! Here's to a forum of information and encouragement. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with success. I know that I will need shoulders to lean on for support and I find that in reading the posts in this forum. Let's keep it positive and informative.

Blessings to you all!

Melissa
Old 10-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #85  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
With all the talk of cheating and going off protocol I thought I would post my personal rules that I have come up with in the almost 6 months I have been on IP, hope this helps some of the Newbies

--Set mini goals...10 lb increments, I can loose 10 lbs 9 times!!! (I have lost 10 lbs 5 times so far!)
--Take this one day at a time..days turn into weeks & weeks turn into months! (almost 6 months)
--keep a record of your daily weight..watch it go down! (it's amazing to look back)
--Step on the scale when that "feeling" comes over you..do you want it to go back up!! NO
--Be true on your food journal, the only one you're fooling is yourself
--Celebrate all the NSV (non scale victories)...they are awesome!!
--Remember all the health benefits that have happened..I feel better than I have in many years!!
--Can I afford to "cheat"...it will cost me $40.00 every time!!! NO!!
--Do I want to put my body through going in and out of ketosis...NO!!
--Am I worth this?? YES I AM!!!
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE!!!!
--Come to this forum for Information, Support and Friendship..I couldn't do this plan as well as I have with out everyone here!!!!

Ideal Protein Works!!!
YES TO EVERYTHING YOU SAID! If I fail to plan, I plan to fail and planning anything off protocol would never enter my head.

Marilyn
Old 10-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Can you give me your thoughts on pepperoni? I'm under the assumption it's not allowed, but really need to understand why! Thanks!
I eat turkey pepperoni every so often. Even regular pepperoni could be okay as long as you watch your carbs and fat.

P.S. I think it's getting much to dramatic in here. The cheating post was made for people to discuss specific cheats, i don't think we need to be pushing everyone to that thread who mentions the word cheat in their post. It was more because if say I said "I had a burger and fries yesterday", it could act as a trigger for someone else. I think there is more than one way to succeed at this diet, it just will take some longer than others. If you're someone that is not sympathetic to "cheaters" then just don't respond to the post, easy as that.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #87  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Calling all experienced IPers! I am in my 7th week, and for the past 7 days I have been suffering with persistent to severe stomach pain and indigestion. I have eliminated CAL MAG, for the past 2 days but the discomfort continues. I have continued chugging along, but my coach didn't offer me anything but lay off the CAL MAG. Any Ideas? I am doing so well, but I am beginning to be concerned. ANY and All information will be appreciated.
I honestly don't think we're qualified to answer this. Are you positive that your symptoms are IP-induced? What does your doctor say?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #88  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

On an ubeat note, let me sign off with an NSV that actually took away the "sting" of just missing my 50 lbs weight loss by 1/4 of a lb. After work today I went to Marshall's to try on pants...my first time since starting IP on June 4, 2010. Well, after going in and out of the dressing room 3 times, I left the store with two pairs of pants in a SIZE 12 petite!!!!! It that doesn't prove that this program really works, I give up...Down from a size 1X in 17 weeks. I need to pinch myself. I'll never forget Jordana's note in her signature.."I can't lose 120 lbs but I can lose 10 lbs twelve times".

Sleep well, my friends and have a great weekend.

Marilyn
Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #89  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I had no intention of causing conflict. I needed, for my own recovery and success, to post my opinion and what I was feeling. I was hoping that it would be an inspirational type message and encouragement for anyone that was having difficulties. I know what was in my heart and for those that think they do, I offer my sincerest apologies.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #90  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

I had a NSV today -- one of the reasons I went on IP was not only to lose weight, but to also get my blood pressure under control. This morning when I took my blood pressure it was 117/77 -- that is good for me b/c I usually run much higher than that. I have only been on IP for one week - I have my first WI tomorrow and can't wait to see the results
Closed Thread