Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default WK 4 WI - No Loss

So I had my WK 4 WI last night and no loss!! In the past, I would have truly been bummed out, but this time was different. The first thing I thought was "Hey, you have lost 13 lbs in 1 month Something you have never done - ever." In the past when I saw no results on the scale, it was an excuse to quit, but this time I did not feel that sense of despair. That is because of this wonderful support site. By reading other people's struggles and successes, I know I am not alone. It is so helpful to see other people stall a week or two and then lose again. I also realize that I have more restrictive items this week than in the past few weeks. So my plan this week is to cut our the restrictives.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
So I had my WK 4 WI last night and no loss!! In the past, I would have truly been bummed out, but this time was different. The first thing I thought was "Hey, you have lost 13 lbs in 1 month Something you have never done - ever." In the past when I saw no results on the scale, it was an excuse to quit, but this time I did not feel that sense of despair. That is because of this wonderful support site. By reading other people's struggles and successes, I know I am not alone. It is so helpful to see other people stall a week or two and then lose again. I also realize that I have more restrictive items this week than in the past few weeks. So my plan this week is to cut our the restrictives.
Mel- I'm with you on this. I too am down 13 lbs in my first month and after reading thought hey that's pretty good. The one thing my coach told me this week is the water is a must. Ketosis you might not be as hungry but you still need to drink the water. I'm doing my best and kicking that up a notch. She also said one restrictive a day was fine as without them your blood sugar can drop too low and you are walking around light headed.

Got a pat on the back yesterday as a girl that hasn't seen me in awhile said "hey I know you?" which I explained where from and she said "but you've lost alot of weight" so I said yes some. Granted she hasn't seen me since prior to last year when I dropped the first 20 so guess 30 now is "alot of weight". Pumped me up to loose the rest.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #18  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Today is FRIDAY!!!

The motivation about cheating is great!! I think that alot of times I know for me if I say I cheated which I have done it's an accountability issue, BUT you know what I have found when I am feeling like a cheat alot of times I get on her and read those wonderful posts especially in the cheating section and before too long I am not feeling like cheating. The last time I lost this much in a month was when i went through my divorce, so I would say having some laughter, stressful times,blah days, and not feeling like my world is upside down and still being able to do loose this weight, I am all for it!!

Has anyone ever had sleep eating? well if you have this program has solved mine.

Also one thing I did come to find out this week....I was a Heavy pop drinker 6-8 cans a day, coke zero, well guess what today has been 6 weeks since I stopped it cold turkey!! I stopped two weeks before starting IP. Yahoo

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hello to everyone! I have not checked in lately. I thought I would report my last three weeks loss for the newbies.

I took five days off IP from Sept 12-16. I then jumped right back on protocol. My regular weigh in yesterday was a 4 pound loss. Normally this would be awesome, however, that is really a total over three weeks. My point is you can take a break from IP if necessary, but be prepared to lose a week for every week you are off protocol. In other words, one week off usually equates to two weeks of weight loss opportunity gone. The good news is , for me anyway, once ketosis kicks back in I have at least one good week before I go back to one or two pounds a week.

So that's my story. Congrats to everyone on your recent and long term successes!

FYI: I am 100% using alternative products as of 4 weeks ago.

Last edited by doxigirl; 10-01-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!
I hope you all have a wonderful IP Friday. I also have to say once again how much I enjoy coming here to read how everyone else is doing - it is always encouraging and inspiring.
I also have to agree it's not good to dwell on too much talk about cheating - I have taken a lot of sales and behavioral courses in my life and they always say to change a negative to a positive. In other words, you shouldn't say (or even think) "I'm not going to cheat". Instead, it should be "I am going to succeed". Did you know that the brain cannot process negatives? So, even though you're saying you're 'not' going to cheat, your subconscious gloms onto the 'cheat' and not the 'not'. It is much more effective to think and say words like succeeds etc. You get the drift...
Okay, that's my little lecture for today. Thanks for listening!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

WI#14: -1lb.

Just a pound, but I'll take it! Any loss is a good loss!

...I'm blaming the stress of the wedding dress on this one.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #22  
sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
WI#14: -1lb.

Just a pound, but I'll take it! Any loss is a good loss!

...I'm blaming the stress of the wedding dress on this one.

You made my day!! Love it!!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Hello to everyone! I have not checked in lately. I thought I would report my last three weeks loss for the newbies.

I took five days off IP from Sept 12-16. I then jumped right back on protocol. My regular weigh in yesterday was a 4 pound loss. Normally this would be awesome, however, that is really a total over three weeks. My point is you can take a break from IP if necessary, but be prepared to lose a week for every week you are off protocol. In other words, one week off usually equates to two weeks of weight loss opportunity gone. The good news is , for me anyway, once ketosis kicks back in I have at least one good week before I go back to one or two pounds a week.

So that's my story. Congrats to everyone on your recent and long term successes!

FYI: I am 100% using alternative products as of 4 weeks ago.
Thanks for sharing that! I have a 'cheat' weekend planned for mid November. We are going to California to visit friends we haven't seen in a couple of years and we're visiting Las Vegas for the first time. Needless to say, being on a strict diet would be difficult. So, with my coach's blessing, this is my planned cheat. I'll have been on the program for 8 weeks by then. I'll also be thinner than I've been for over 15 years! I'm not planning on going crazy, but I do plan on a few glasses of wine and some non-protocol meals.
After reading on this board, I was getting a little worried about the going out of ketosis part. I sure don't want to feel like crap while I'm down there!
But if it only sets me back a week of weight loss, I'm okay with that.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Thanks for sharing that! I have a 'cheat' weekend planned for mid November. We are going to California to visit friends we haven't seen in a couple of years and we're visiting Las Vegas for the first time. Needless to say, being on a strict diet would be difficult. So, with my coach's blessing, this is my planned cheat. I'll have been on the program for 8 weeks by then. I'll also be thinner than I've been for over 15 years! I'm not planning on going crazy, but I do plan on a few glasses of wine and some non-protocol meals.
After reading on this board, I was getting a little worried about the going out of ketosis part. I sure don't want to feel like crap while I'm down there!
But if it only sets me back a week of weight loss, I'm okay with that.
kaarin:

I know everyone is different, but I have done this twice since I started IP in June and that was my experience on both occasions. I know alot of people dislike the word "cheat" on this forum. I try to think of these planned "off protocol" weeks as life events that for me needed to be "normal". As you can see from my signature, my average weight loss is slower than most. This is really because of the time I lost by leaving IP and coming back. I personally am okay with that.

The thing I would emphasize most to anyone taking this approach is that you must be certain that you are dedicated enough to come back 100% after your "event". I agree with others who say this is not a plan that works with regular "off again, on again cheats". Please do not think that is what I am proposing.

Good luck!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #25  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I also have to agree it's not good to dwell on too much talk about cheating - I have taken a lot of sales and behavioral courses in my life and they always say to change a negative to a positive. In other words, you shouldn't say (or even think) "I'm not going to cheat". Instead, it should be "I am going to succeed". Did you know that the brain cannot process negatives? So, even though you're saying you're 'not' going to cheat, your subconscious gloms onto the 'cheat' and not the 'not'. It is much more effective to think and say words like succeeds etc. You get the drift...
Okay, that's my little lecture for today. Thanks for listening!
I love the lecture! Such great advice. I'm going to succeed ! I'm going to succeed ~! by changing my life through Ideal Protein.

Guess what?! My husband is dieting and has lost 60 lbs. He keeps a scale of his own that I've only stepped on one time. It was the first day he brought it home and took it out of the package. This morning ... that scale showed I have lost 21 lbs.!!!! See, I lost a bit in the month before I began IP.

I feel SO motivated because of stepping on that scale!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #26  
just Rhonda please!

Thank you for posting Tracy. I like the words "off protocol" as well. Somehow, they make it sound more serious than the word cheat.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #27  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Default New to the group

I hope you don't mind guys dropping into this group, it was the most active IP forum I found on the net.

I've been on the diet for a week, and I'm down 11 pounds from when I started. I feel a bit better but I've got another 74 to go.

I have a few question I hope others might have insight into.

1) I'm been having problems sleeping, anyone else?

2) Do you ever get used to the nasty taste in your mouth?

3) I'm using Spry gum/mints to deal with the taste/breath. Probably a dozen mints and a dozen pieces of gum a day. Is that too much? Not sure if Xylitol is totally inert or not.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #28  
just Rhonda please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Today is FRIDAY!!!

....I was a Heavy pop drinker 6-8 cans a day, coke zero, well guess what today has been 6 weeks since I stopped it cold turkey!! I stopped two weeks before starting IP. Yahoo

Have a great day everyone!!

Friday! My favorite day of the week!! I was (am) so in love with Coke Zero. I haven't had a coke in almost 3 weeks now. Yay for both of us!!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Top of the Mornin' to All

Good Friday Morning!!!

I am geared up to have a very Successful IP Weekend!!! Have a mini goal in mind...going to the city to visit my son and his family and a very good friend on the 22nd....AM GOING TO BE DOWN ANOTHER 10 LBS BY THEN

To Everyone with great WI's (no matter what the scale said) and to the Newbies who have joined us on the wonderful journey called the Ideal Protein Eating Plan for Life!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #30  
sheila

I was told only two pieces of gum per day, so I split it in half. I found extra has a choc chip mint and i love it, so i end up with 4 pieces per day
Closed Thread