Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

I've got IP brain big time.

I had a dream last night that I ate an entire tub of cake frosting. It was so real that I got up in the middle of the night and checked my trash can and dishwasher for the evidence. Naturally I don't even have cake frosting in my house, but I had to check anyway.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #62  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Just a quick hello to everyone! Tomorrow is weigh in for me and my sister. I think we've both had an awesome IP week - mine especially so as I realized I can eat out at restaurants, make on-plan choices, and feel great about it! We are both in big-time ketosis and neither one of us wants to mess it up!!

On my scale I was 194.6 this a.m. - my coach's scale is always a bit heavier than mine so maybe I'll be 195 there tomorrow. Anyhow, my sister said to me, 'do you realize you are almost in the 180's??' That thought really had not crossed my mind. I've been so focused on the 190's that I did not dare dream about anything lower! Wow!

We are on the loving IP train right now for sure!! Woot Woot!

Have a great IP week, everyone!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #63  
JKF
Beach Ready by February!

S/C/G: 101/189/140

Height: 5'4

Default rash...resembles poision ivy....

[QUOTE=candace5;3487644]Good morning IP world of friends!
I have a question.... I have a rash on my chin and around my nose area -- almost resembles poision ivy but it is not...

Hi, Candace5 - I don't know if it's IP related but I have a few spots of stress induced excema (sp?) on my hand and on my right side. Derma doc. gave me a cream to dab on the spots. She said it's common when under a lot of stress, which I am, this diet but many other life happenings. I hope you figure out your spots soon. She also recommended slathering on body lotion/cream right after a shower, before drying off because my skin seemed really dry. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 248/183/150

Height: 5'10''

hello all....so I am new to IP and found this site to be helpful. I think I am out of the fog and have my first weigh in on Sat.....
Old 09-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Just got back from vacation yesterday. Unpacked, laundry done, chores caught up and weighed in today.....down 9lbs since 9/6! Think I need to go on vacation more often. However, that is not the best news......I have now entered the world of Onederland!!!! Lots of catching up to do on all the posts. Welcome to all the newbies. This program really works.
ONEDERLAND Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetz View Post
hello all....so I am new to IP and found this site to be helpful. I think I am out of the fog and have my first weigh in on Sat.....
You have found one of the most important tools to success on this eating plan...this forum!!! Please invest time to read the posts and stickys...lots of great info. You will find encouragement and new friends here!!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #66  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone... I usually try to read everything but a got a bad cold and my eyes are burning - that aside i wanted to share my motivation of the day - first i checked in my scale this morning and 303.6 i was thrilled! So since it was my
Last day of vacation i decided it was time to give what was too big- in the past i used to keep "in case clothes" not this time!!! My boss saw me last i had lost 4 lbs so he should be surprised hehehe i wish you all a great week!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #67  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Good evening IPer's!

I am currently on day 12 and am doing wonderful however, today my LOVELY man decided he wanted KFC for dinner. It smelt delicious but I am very happy and proud to say that I did not cheat at all I just smiled at him and had my yummy chicken breast & spinich salad... oh it was so rewarding not to crave it or cheat!

Just thought I would share my proud moment with you all your like supportive cheerleaders & I love it! Hope all of you had a fantastic day as well.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #68  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I have been hungry for several days and I know what the culprit is. I was out of town at a 3 day conference and my eating was totally changed. I always had my shake in the morning, but the lunch was buffet style. I did manage to get salad off of the bar each day, but I couldn't get all of my vegetables. I wish I had packed some and taken them with me. I had a refrigerator in my room so I could keep my drinks cold. The people that I was with (executive director and my boss) did not eat until 8 or 8:30 each night. We went to restaurants where I got the food I needed, but about 3 hours after I am used to eating. I am glad to be home and eating what and when I need to. I managed to make it through the week, but barely. I just kept looking at my phone and reading what all of you wrote.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 09-20-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Here I go tooting my own horn again. But I guess if I don't do it no one will. Wearing a size 8 pants now they are a little snug but they fit better than my size 12 pants did 7 weeks ago! I was tired of feeling slouchy and sloppy! I know sizes are a little messed so I guess I was a 10/12 and now I am a 8/10 I hope that makes sense! Anywho, Toot Toot! Hooray! lol WI tomorrow fingers crossed for more good news!
Keep Stong fellow IPers it can be hard but man is it worth it!
You decide: FAT or PHAT
Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #70  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I'm svelting,
thanks for naming today's thread after me! "IP Daily Cat"

AvaLynn
, that is awesome that your willpower is so strong. Keep it up and thanks for sharing (so we know it can be done.) KFC is probably one of the most difficult things to resist because of the smell. You are tough.

I'm on day 4 and feeling just fine. Drinking lots of water. I have been wondering why I'm feeling so good, and I think I figured it out (maybe). I told my IP coach that I had hockey practice late on my day one, this past Friday. She suggested I could just have an extra packet, but that was only because it was day one and I wouldn't be feeling worn out yet. But she told me not to skate again this first week. Well, as Saturday and Sunday came around, I wasn't paying attention to my sheet and had an extra packet each of those nights (thinking that was what I was supposed to do, just like the day before.)
Ding-dong, all the sudden today I realized I had been having 4 packets each day plus my protein/veggie dinner. I know, I know, it is only three days, but that was not my most brilliant move. It pays to read and then re-read your Phase I sheet.

Oh, well, raspberry jelly under the bridge. Pound into my head: 3 packets plus protein/veggie dinner. We'll see what my WI shows, but I won't have great expectations.

Last edited by the wonder cat; 09-20-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post

I'm svelting,
thanks for naming today's thread after me! "IP Daily Cat"[B] ...

Ding-dong, all the sudden today I realized I had been having 4 packets each day plus my protein/veggie dinner. I know, I know, it is only three days, but that was not my most brilliant move. It pays to read and then re-read your Phase I sheet.
I wondered how long it would be before someone remarked on my typo!

Don't worry about having had 4 packets in your first week. In the explanatory pages of the Phase 1 information that I received, it was recommended to have upto 5 packets in the first week to deal with hunger and cravings.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Height: 5'8"

Yesterdays thread is closed and I haven't caught up with reading posts yet, but I just wanted to thank Linden, I'm svelting!, and Showgirlaz for weighing in on my almond milk question. Your experience is very helpful. I don't think my coach sells RTD vanilla shakes, but he does sell the chocolate ones. I've bought them and they're good, but they're the same price as the other IP boxes/packages exept you only get 6 not 7 in a package, so I haven't bought them much. But maybe I'll try that, I'm missing my lovely espresso maker that's just collecting dust on my counter.

I almost hate to ask this because I think I know what the answer will be, but my coach just said we could have a little low carb fruit. Specifically he said/recommended:

if you have been on the diet for a while and are dying for some fruit there are a few which will be low enough in carbs to use even on PHASE 1. I don't necessarily recommend you have them everyday but a few times a week would be fine. Aside from our taste need for fruit these fruits will deliver good sources of fiber, plus vitamins and minerals.

low carb - Fruit choices ( not more than 1 serving per day)

1/2 cup blackberries, raspberries or strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup diced watermelon, 1/2 cup diced cantaloupe, 1/2 avacado
1/4 cup apple, 1/4 of a Barlett pear, 1/2 a kiwi

Since it's coming from my coach, I'm just kinda wondering if anyone else has heard the same thing. It sounds too good to be true, and I don't want to be lead astray so to speak. If this is the wrong place to ask, just let me know and I'll be happy to ask in a separate thread.

Thanks again, hopefully I'll catch up on reading the posts tonight.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #73  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

WOW, there are so many great successes today, CONGRATS to everyone on making IP work in your lives!

[QUOTE=dodomommy;3488062] yesterday I came across another thread where someone said they add 2 tsp ground flax to their nightly snack. I'm going to try that route as I'd rather not add another supplement and flax is very good for us.

Ground flax is a great kind of "toasty/nutty" flavor and it's also a great thickener. If you make a veggie/broth soup toss in a couple tsp and it will thicken it up like a "stew". I use it now in all kinds of "sauces" where I used to use flour or corn starch (in reasonable amounts of course! ) /QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I had a dream last night that I ate an entire tub of cake frosting. It was so real that I got up in the middle of the night and checked my trash can and dishwasher for the evidence. Naturally I don't even have cake frosting in my house, but I had to check anyway.
I had a dream a couple nights ago that I looked in the mirror and my "old" face was back. The rest of me looked thin, but I had this haggard fat face. I completely freaked out and I was like, "but, no, I haven't cheated, why is this happening?????" Oh boy! [and for the record, I'm 52 and my skin has all tightened back up pretty quickly and my face looks younger than I have in 10 years]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I was out of town at a 3 day conference and my eating was totally changed. .... I just kept looking at my phone and reading what all of you wrote.
Ugh, traveling is so, so hard. Especially when you are with the boss or the client. Good for you for sticking it out and not using that as an excuse to go off plan
Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Becca7:

I've never heard that...ever, or seen it on any literature from IP. Others who are better at the math can tell you if it added up, but honestly, I wouldn't. (Good thing you caught me on a night I'm tired, because I'd step on my 'coaches need to be more consistent' soap box. It's around here somewhere...)

Good luck.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #75  

Default Should be working, but I'm posting instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
... yesterday I came across another thread where someone said they add 2 tsp ground flax to their nightly snack. I'm going to try that route as I'd rather not add another supplement and flax is very good for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Ground flax is a great kind of "toasty/nutty" flavor and it's also a great thickener. If you make a veggie/broth soup toss in a couple tsp and it will thicken it up like a "stew". I use it now in all kinds of "sauces" where I used to use flour or corn starch (in reasonable amounts of course! )
Flax may be a good choice in later phases. I'm not so sure about in Phase 1. Seeds and nuts contains a fair proportion of carbs and fats to protein and are probably not included in Phase 1 for that reason. For constipation, it might make more sense ketogenically to have additional olive oil (or coconut oil, if your clinic/coach allows it).

If you're into semi-wonky nutritional debates, there's the whole Omega 6 - Omega 3 ratio issue.
Closed Thread