Old 09-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Fun with Ideal Protein Packets

Thread also known as Spicing up your packets, or Packet Hacks. We've talked about having thread for ideas about modify the IP packets to get a little variety. If you have favorites that are elsewhere in the forum, please link to them here.

Request: Please put the packet name in the title of the post.

I'll start!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-11-2010 at 08:51 AM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #2  

Default Raspberry Jelly

Raspberry Vinaigrette using the IP packet

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-11-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #3  

Default Vanilla Pudding

Instead of using cold water as the liquid, I use cold decaf coffee for a "latte mousse" or cold spice tea for a chai-like treat.

Both are good with the chocolate pudding too.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-11-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #4  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Default Chocolate Orange Pudding

IP chocolate pudding packet + 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. orange extract = HEAVEN
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'2"

IP crepes + one packet of splenda + 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice poured in 9 x 12 pan sprayed with pam on top of tin foil. Bake at 350 for 15 mins or so. Then spread a thin layer of WF peanut butter
(Nice way to use up the peanut butter)
amygettings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

This actually exists but it seems was not merged to our sub forum when we switched from the OTHER CARB COUNTERS forum.

Here is the original link I have sent a pm to Ruth to ask her to move it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...t-recipes.html

This is a post that references several straggler posts that are created by and related to IP in the carb Counter forum.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...rb-thread.html
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

I like to add almond or coconut extract to the chocolate drink or pudding.

Also, add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to the crispy cereal!!!
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Chocolate puddings

I mix a couple of tbsp of WF chocolate syrup with the puddings, makes them more chocolatetier (is that a word--hmmm for chocolateholics it is, )
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
♥ Instead of the Chocolate drink which is 7 carbs, why not have the chocolate pudding as a drink for only 3 carbs!! Just add 10 - 12 oz of water I like mine with a bit of instant decaf coffee, some coconut extract & a bit of splenda...so good

♥Add a bit of coconut extract to your raspberry jello for a change of flavor!

♥Turn your vanilla pudding in to a shake by adding about 10 oz of water. Add a dash of vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon and some splenda to make it seem like a delicious no no

♥Add some diet splenda sweetened ginger ale to your raspberry jello to give it some effervescence!

♥Experiment to keep it interesting!

Mix up the packages into new flavors - I recently started adding half a package of chocolate pudding and half a package of cappuccino to 10 oz of water then pouring it in a mug and heating it for about a minute (give or take depending on the microwave). It's delicious and comforting and rich. Next I'm going to blend it with ice to make a yummy mocha ice cap!

Have you tried a dreamsicle yet (1/2 orange drink & 1/2 vanilla pudding with 8 oz of water)?

Have you tried a strawberry delight (1/2 strawberry pudding & 1/2 vanilla pudding with 10 oz of water)

or how about a double iced cappuccino (1 pkg of cappuccino mixed and 8 oz of coffee shaken over ice).

Experimenting with flavors and new ideas will keep you on the track to success!
Jordanna made the above suggestions and had them in her thread "tips for newbies".
Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
thanks for the tips. I tried one today! I didn't like the texture of puddings so today, i took about half cup of coffee, cup of water, cup of ice (i know, sounds like a lot) and chocolate pudding mixture, blended it up, and i got a light tasting but thick mocha ice drink. I'm full I'm going to try your vanilla pudding one tomorrow. I saw one for a butterscotch somewhere in one of the threads but I forget what it was all about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I love chi tea lattes, so here is what I do:

8 to 10 oz brewed tea
1 pkg vanilla pudding
sprinkle Chinese 5 spice to taste
shake it all up, heat up in microwave if not hot enough
enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
so this morning i mixed up a chocolate pudding with extra water to drink. i didn't have any splenda, so i used half a crystal light cherry packet. It's delicious. tastes like chocolate covered cherries
More tips from others no longer here and buried in other threads.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #11  

Default Vanilla Pudding with Lemon Flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
The vanilla pudding packets are my favorite. Add some lemon extract to the water before shaking. The flavor is great.

For breakfast, I make a shake using the vanilla pudding packet, one Crystal Light Lemonade and 10 fl. oz. of cold water. It's very refreshing. I am not a big fan of artificial sweeteners, so I only do this one every now and then.
The above tips is from BamaGirl and can be found here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2915363-post39.html
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #12  

Talking Chicken soup omelet ??

This morning I mixed up my morning regular -- an IP omelet + 1 egg -- not strictly phase 1 IP but my variation to make the program work for my schedule.

It poured rather slowly out of the shaker cup. I removed the lid and poured the thick mixture into the pan, wondering "Have they changed the formulation of the omelet?"

Curiosity got the better of me and I looked in the trash can -- I'd used a chicken soup packet instead of the omelet one.

It's good and a nice change from the fine herbs & cheese omelet. I may try it with the other soups. Absentmindedness is the mother of invention?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #13  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
This morning I mixed up my morning regular -- an IP omelet + 1 egg -- not strictly phase 1 IP but my variation to make the program work for my schedule.

It poured rather slowly out of the shaker cup. I removed the lid and poured the thick mixture into the pan, wondering "Have they changed the formulation of the omelet?"

Curiosity got the better of me and I looked in the trash can -- I'd used a chicken soup packet instead of the omelet one.

It's good and a nice change from the fine herbs & cheese omelet. I may try it with the other soups. Absentmindedness is the mother of invention?
So true .... I actually made a sauce for chicken with WF choc sauce after someone said they mistakely used it instead of bbq sauce, it was pretty good, I know its not a packet but hey it was good. I add hazelnut to the choc pudding, just like nutella, I put WF peanut butter in the choc (pudding) shakes with some ice ....yummy. I use the mushroom soup (thicker) as a sauce for my miracle noodles with grilled veggies. I have tried to use the chicken soup as a coating for zucchini, that was ok, definatley something I would experiement with. I also loved the mirange cookies made with egg whites and vanilla pudding topped with WF strawberry, like vanilla jam jams and they travel well. I also made the cookies with the choc pudding and use the marshmellow as topping also good....... you can use any of the packets to make the cookies....
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #14  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I made pancakes out of the Crispy Cereal packet by adding 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp baking powder, McCormicks vanilla, butter, nut extract, splenda, dash sea salt, and enough water to make pancake batter...spray frying pan and put batter in...turn over when light brown and cook other side...makes 2 nice sized pancakes... Serve with WF pancake syrup....,youd never know it was cereal.

Marilyn
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #15  

Default Vanilla Pudding

I've been finding the VP too sweet, so I followed one of Jordanna's suggestions. Mix a packet of chocolate with a packet of vanilla. The two packets combined make about 1 cup. I measured out 1/2 cup of the powder and prepared as usual. It was a nice change chocolate with a hint of vanilla. The other half of the powder mix is sitting in a ziploc for someday this week.