Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

I have been reading on here you can't have Truvia. This is a sweetener my coach wrote on my package to use!! AAHH! Hope I haven't messed anything up! She said up to 5 a day, but I only use one in my coffee
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Last night I was trying to think of ways to use up my mushroom soup (not a fan)....I browned 2C Red Peppers and 2C Mushrooms and then mixed a chilli with a mushroom and added some red hot chilli spice for heat. It is now my favorite thing...and it is two lunches ready to go for work in one prep time!
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Bump!

This is such a great thread it deserves to be on top!
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #229  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I made this today for the first time after finding the recipe on a FB site. It is my new favorite. Since it uses 2 IP packets, it means I can make one batch to last two days. The six mini-muffins that the batch made were a better consistency than the pudding muffins I've tried before.

CRISPY CEREAL DRINK MUFFIN
1 packet IP Crispy Cereal (crushed)
1 packet IP Drink mix (Chocolate, Vanilla, Cappuccino), not puddings or ready mades
2 egg whites
½ cup water
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Sugar free Syrup (i.e. caramel, cinnamon, English toffee)
Dash of cinnamon if desired

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make the batter thick. Divide equally into 12 portions (I used a mini-muffin pan and filled each one to the top). Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy. One serving is ½ the batch = 1 IP product.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

Default "Pumpkin" Chai Latte

Make 1/2 cup strong chai tea in your largest mug. (I'm hooked on Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice decaf.)

Mix 1/2 packet of IP butterscotch pudding in your shaker with 1 cup of cold water.

Add the pudding mixture to the tea and heat in the microwave. The top will be foamy just like a real latte.

Add a little sweetener. I use 3 to 4 drops of SweetLeaf Vanilla. As Wuv mentioned, since you've only used half a packet, it needs a little extra sweetener. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon, nutmeg and a drizzle of WF caramel syrup.

I had this tonight with 1/2 a packet of chocolate soy puffs. Didn't miss the Halloween candy at all.
petchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #231  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by petchef View Post
Make 1/2 cup strong chai tea in your largest mug. (I'm hooked on Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice decaf.)

Mix 1/2 packet of IP butterscotch pudding in your shaker with 1 cup of cold water.

Add the pudding mixture to the tea and heat in the microwave. The top will be foamy just like a real latte.

Add a little sweetener. I use 3 to 4 drops of SweetLeaf Vanilla. As Wuv mentioned, since you've only used half a packet, it needs a little extra sweetener. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon, nutmeg and a drizzle of WF caramel syrup.

I had this tonight with 1/2 a packet of chocolate soy puffs. Didn't miss the Halloween candy at all.
that sounds yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #232  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Like!
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #233  

Default do you like the taste of IP right out of the packet?

Quick question -

Looks like you guys have some really good ideas to doctor up the IP packets! I have to say that, right out of the package I am having trouble making myself eat/drink the IP stuff. A friend gave me a few packets - just to try - as I am a somewhat picky eater. I am just curious if you guys like the packets "as is" and just get bored, or if you need to doctor them up to stomach them. The smell of the protein really gets to me but my friend looks amazing - kept her muscle and lost only fat.
accountability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 172/144/136

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by accountability View Post
Quick question -

Looks like you guys have some really good ideas to doctor up the IP packets! I have to say that, right out of the package I am having trouble making myself eat/drink the IP stuff. A friend gave me a few packets - just to try - as I am a somewhat picky eater. I am just curious if you guys like the packets "as is" and just get bored, or if you need to doctor them up to stomach them. The smell of the protein really gets to me but my friend looks amazing - kept her muscle and lost only fat.
Before I found this website, I was having each packet undoctored, and only found a few I couldn't stomach (some of the fruity drinks). My favorite and easiest one to fix is the cappuccino in the blender with ice and about 1-2 cups of raw baby spinach. I have this almost every day. The packets aren't that bad, really, but if you like to cook or experiment, it's easy to do with them. Have fun!
laury411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Quick question -

I haven't gotten as good as some of the others here doctoring the packs, but except for the puddings and drinks, I add to them all. Spices, veggies...I like the omelet and put hot sauce on it, just like I would real eggs. I don't use all the water for the soups so they are thicker.

I do LOVE to make Mexican Hot Chocolate in the morning: 1 cup coffee, black. I IP choco drink pack. 1/2 tsp cinnamon a few dashes of cayenne. YUM. To be honest, I don't measure the spice I just know how I like it. A smidge of cayenne goes a long way. Oh, and this SMELLS FABULOUS!!

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 12-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #236  

Quote:
Quick question -

I don't think I'd eat a soup without a veggie purée. Alone they just aren't for me but with some spices and a nice, thick, veggie purée: a whole new taste sensation. I use all the water and the veggie purée adds thickness, bulk and tons of flavor. Sometimes I add some chopped sautéed veggies, as well. Quite a meal & we certainly don't have to get bored with raw veggies all the time.

Puddings are SO versatile. As-is, flavor mixes (chocolate-strawberry or banana choc, for example), as muffins, cakes, or pancakes ( I like the texture better with shredded zucchini in my banana,blueberry, or maple-oatmeal muffins or pancakes). Then you can make a pudding and freeze it for soft-serve or more frozen "ice cream". We don't have to be deprived! I have BUNCHES of flavored extracts to add to my puddings (a dab'll do ya) b/c I'm trying to learn to live without the need for added sweeteners so I don't buy the Torani or Davinci syrups.

Read the forums. I suggest taking some time (instead of a book) and reading back a few months. You'll learn EVERYTHING you need to know and you'll see that most new threads being started are really duplicates. If you read enough, you'll learn there HAVE been questions but there is also consensus toward the end.

You can find recipes if you use search and play with it a bit. It's kind of persnickety & might not give you a good response on your first try.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 172/144/136

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileheadKen View Post
Probably an old one but for the newer kids on the block (like me):
French toast:
prepare omelet mix
add 1 tsp vanilla and cinnamon
cook omelet and try to flip the whole thing intact (I'm still trying to master this part!! LOL)
overcook slightly so that the outside is a little crispy.
add mrs mcbutter and WF syrup and voila!!!!!
Enjoy
I feel like this is missing something. It's a flat rubbery odd tasting disc. Maybe some baking powder? Has anyone else tried it? I was so looking forward to it!
laury411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #238  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laury411 View Post
I feel like this is missing something. It's a flat rubbery odd tasting disc. Maybe some baking powder? Has anyone else tried it? I was so looking forward to it!
I haven't tried that recipe. If you want french toast, try making the cauliflower pancakes. They taste like french toast, not a pancake.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #239  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

For french toast, I like making FinnSteve's recipe. I'm reposting here:

Mock French Toast

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Ideal Protein Omlette (Plain) Package
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1-2 cups shredded zucchini
Sweetener (like Splenda) to taste (1 - 2 teaspoons / 1 small package coffee sweetener)

Optional Add one or more of the following: 1 teasp Vanilla Extract, Vanilla seeds (from pod), Rum extract, pinch of cardamom

Directions:
1. Beast 2 egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. (You can add a pinch of cream of tartar as well to aid thickening. Not required)
2. Add in 1 package of Ideal Protein plain omlette mix until well blended.
3. Add 1-2 cups shredded zucchini. (I mash it down with a paper towel a few times to drain excess water.)
4. Add cinnamon and sweetener to taste.
5. Add any optional spices as desired (I use vanilla seeds from a pod, cardamom, & a splash of Rum extract)
6. On Med-High heat, Spray a pan with Cooking Spray (like PAM) and drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the pan. (Most pans fit 2 servings at a time.) Spread it out so that it is even. I use a spatula to keep the edges more square shaped to give it more of a French Toast look.
7. Wait until the mix is fully cooked on one side before flipping or it will fall apart. (but watch not to burn!). Flip and cook.
8. I spray each serving with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" and eat as is. For those with Ideal Protein or Walden Farms 0/0/0 Maple Syrup, add that.

Surprizingly good. The cinnamon & sweetener transform the zucchini into an unexpected treat which emulates the taste and texture of the real thing.
exactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 277.8/240/190

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by laury411 View Post
Before I found this website, I was having each packet undoctored, and only found a few I couldn't stomach (some of the fruity drinks). My favorite and easiest one to fix is the cappuccino in the blender with ice and about 1-2 cups of raw baby spinach. I have this almost every day. The packets aren't that bad, really, but if you like to cook or experiment, it's easy to do with them. Have fun!
I tried one of my shakes last night with the spinach. I was a little skeptical, but figured what the heck I hadn't gotten all my veggies in. I was slightly shocked that I could not taste the spinach. Very great way to get the veggies in. Would have never thought about it if I hadn't read it here.
smjohnso69 is offline   Reply With Quote