Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Ok!!!! Week 1 in the books......drumroll please............unofficially 7 lbs!!!!!! WoooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post

Update on me...... Some of you may have seen my post that I had emergency surgery last week to remove my gall bladder. I had some stones that blocked my bile duct so my liver enzymes went crazy and I was severely jaundice. After having an ERCP done to remove the stones and removal of my gall bladder I'm a lot less yellow now and feeling so much better. So, with having surgery unexpectedly I was off plan. Today is my first day back on plan 100%. I'm actually kind of surprised that I made relatively good food choices while I was off plan. I could have gotten back on plan a bit sooner, but I made the choice to extend my time off a few days. I'm feeling pretty good and can't wait to get back into ketosis. I'm hoping to see a good number at my weigh in on Friday. I'm off work all this week, so I'm glad I'll have some time to check in here and read more than I have been. Overall, all is good here! So many newbies lately..... Big Welcome to everyone!
Glad to hear you're better after surgery and doing well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Ok, so I have completed day four. Today was my first day back to work since starting the IP program. I wasn't quite as hungry as I have been, but I still find myself needing a snack around 3:00pm. Would eating some lettuce with dressing be OK? I am hoping to be in ketosis by tomorrow and this hunger feeling will pass.
You know, I had the same problem making it between lunch and dinner -- so everyday I have my big salad with veggies for lunch, and around 3 or so I eat my lunch protein. It keeps me from getting hungry, and I look forward to it in the afternoon.

I keep getting the -- 'please don't lose any more weight, you're starting to look unhealthy' comments. I know, I know, don't listen to the naysayers. So, I came home, went to the basement and found a pair of pants I wore when I was last really happy with my weight. I've known they were down there all along, but have been waiting to try them on. In my head, when I started I thought, ok, when you can get into those pants, you're done.

I tried them on, and they are INDEED too tight -- HA! I know that I haven't been this weight in a long time and that people are just not used to seeing me, but I got three different comments today and was starting to doubt myself. Of course, if the pants fit, that would have meant big breakfasts were around the corner...a good thing, for sure.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #92  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

miracle noodles....yea or nae?

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3 oz
Servings Per Container: 2.3
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories 0 Calories from Fat 0
* Total Fat 0g 0%
* Protein 0g 0%
* Protein <1g 0%
* Sugar 0g 0%
* Carbohydrate <1g - only fiber
* Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories, Zero Glycemic Index

Ingredients: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.

No soy, gluten, or wheat!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Kerry? She said she had someone else that was looking at the message boards. Glad to hear you are doing better and back on plan.
Yes! I usually weigh in early morning on my way to work, so more often than not I see Dr. S at my weigh-ins. They've both been great and super supportive. I've been pleased with the whole experience so far. How long have you been on IP?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
Wrapping up day 8 and I feel like I got hit with the sledgehammer. I actually called out sick from work...my head was POUNDING, I was sweating all day and soooo dizzy. I feel better when I'm moving around, but right now I'm dizzy as all get out.

I know there was mention of this before...someone please tell me that this will pass (and swiftly). I don't want to bail on this, but I cannot afford to miss anymore work as I am in an executive position. I cant drive too well this dizzy, and my commute is an hour each way.

Have not strayed from the requirements once (except that diet beer thing). Have been taking all vits and drinking lots of water (about a gallon).

I know I'm in ketosis...I can taste it (blech!) and anytime I have to pee, it is A LOT. And the headaches...even though I am dilligent about salt (I love it).

Please advise!!! I cannot go on feeling like I have the flu!
Well, don't do the beer thing again. Try another packet or an egg, sometimes my hunger manifests with a headache, a bad one. I have an egg as a 'salt delivery system' (downing salt it like a shot makes me throw up...strange, I know, probably from when my mom made me gurgle with warm salt water it as a kid, ugh)... another packet would be fine too. You can have more packets your first few weeks on plan.

Carla often points out it can take up to 10 days to get into Ketosis...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 224/207/174

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Candace- I bought it, opened it, tried it on celery and then threw it out.. tastes nothing like PB.. I did hear you can add some to your shakes to thicken it...Just my humble opinion...
Hi There. I just happened to pick up the WF peanut butter tonight & thankfully asked the employee how it tastes. She told me to keep in mind it is NOT peanut butter and I should be fine.
True enough! It is edible and took care of the small craving I was having, but make no mistake.....it is not Skippy. LOL
Old 09-08-2010, 01:05 AM   #96  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

[QUOTE=wyoangel;3471356]miracle noodles....yea or nae?

/QUOTE]

Yea. Use I'm Svelting's! Google format and you will probably come up with several recipes.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #97  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
miracle noodles....yea or nae?

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3 oz
Servings Per Container: 2.3
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories 0 Calories from Fat 0
* Total Fat 0g 0%
* Protein 0g 0%
* Protein <1g 0%
* Sugar 0g 0%
* Carbohydrate <1g - only fiber
* Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories, Zero Glycemic Index

Ingredients: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.

No soy, gluten, or wheat!
YUM
Old 09-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #98  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Ok!!!! Week 1 in the books......drumroll please............unofficially 7 lbs!!!!!! WoooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! Doesn't it feel Great!! So worth doing this diet, it doesn't let you down
Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #99  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoyldrotn View Post
First post, but I've been lurking for 8 weeks now. Down 26 lbs and 9 sizes! The funniest thing happened the other day and I thought I'd share. I was trying to move a bookshelf at work and thought I'd hurt my shoulder. Every time I moved my arm up it radiated pain. This went on for about 2-3 weeks. Since my bones are now showing, I figured out the problem. I broke my collar bone! Never would have known it if it wasn't for IP. Started wearing a brace and all is good now. The things you discover on this diet. ROFL.
Wow! Great losses, congratulations! You did make me chuckle though, broken collar bones are not exactly what we want to discover
Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #100  

The new daily thread is open.

We're trying something new and need your cooperation to make it work. We have permission to leave this thread open so that you can respond to people who posted while you were sleeping. It's going to be another adjustment period, so fasten your seatbelts and make sure your seats are in the upright position.

Please only respond to posts already in this thread, up to and including Petclerk's immediately before this one.

If you have news or plans for today, please put them in the fresh-from-the-thread-factory daily chat thread for Wednesday

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-08-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #101  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
The new daily thread is open.

We're trying something new and need your cooperation to make it work. We have permission to leave this thread open so that you can respond to people who posted while you were sleeping. It's going to be another adjustment period, so fasten your seatbelts and make sure your seats are in the upright position.

Please only respond to posts already in this thread, up to and including Petclerk's immediately before this one.

If you have news or plans for today, please put them in the fresh-from-the-thread-factory daily chat thread for Wednesday
Thank you for the opportunity!
Closed Thread