Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #46  
LBM

S/C/G: 202/186.5/145

Height: 5-3

So I forgot to bring my packet of soup for lunch today to work. Had my spring mix and 1c of cukes with dressing I made.

I plan on drinking a packet when I get home (between 5-6pm, its 1pm here now) before i go ride my horse. Dinner wont be until about 8. Is that ok? Or have I screwed up?

Also, my salad dressing I thought I would share...

all measurements are approx...

1.5 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp or so EVOO
splash of water
parsley to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
juice of 1/2 a squeezed lemon
a little black pepper

Its very lemony, I will add a little splenda next time, but it was soooo much better then the awful WF dressings, which I am tossing out. I know the dijon has 5 calories per tsp, but I needed to bend a little.

Can i eat white wine vinegar? Regular white...blech...I only have it to clean my coffee pot.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #47  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

WOW! Great Job. I only lost 5.6lbs my first week.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #48  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

It appears that the theme of the week is "the flu" ugh. When I'm sick all I want to do is curl up in bed and snack on junk food. But there's no need to feel sick and fat. So I will drink my shakes, take a nap, have my boyfriend cook me some chicken and spinach, wake up in the morning feeling healthier and skinnier. Let's hope that's what happens anyway. I am so frustrated with the lack of IP pre-made shakes floating around. Something about an issue with getting them over the boarder? Anyone else hear this? If your clinic is still able to offer these please let me know so I can get in contact and see if they ship. It's about the only IP food I like....
Old 09-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #49  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Petite and cute....bonito mujere

Rachel13..If you can't find them try the AES Advantage shakes. You can get them at Walmart. I'm not advocating straying from IP, but they are pretty good and a great substitution. Pre-made shakes are so easy and convenient. Love being able to take them in the cooler....no mixing.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #50  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
There is some controversy over the recommended levels of Vitamin D. Certainly the further you are from the equator, the more D3 you need in the fall & winter.
There is research to support taking 1000IU per 25lbs body weight to maintain optimum levels. It requires monitoring and repeat testing. Some docs are more conservative and/or time and cost conscious. But even they will be on the bandwagon after the first "You should have tested my Vit. D levels" lawsuit succeeds. And it will.

The best quoting tip - EVA!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
Thanks for the quote info.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #51  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
There is some controversy over the recommended levels of Vitamin D. Certainly the further you are from the equator, the more D3 you need in the fall & winter.
There is research to support taking 1000IU per 25lbs body weight to maintain optimum levels. It requires monitoring and repeat testing. Some docs are more conservative and/or time and cost conscious. But even they will be on the bandwagon after the first "You should have tested my Vit. D levels" lawsuit succeeds. And it will.

The best quoting tip - EVA!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
So I stopped by my parents' place last night. My mom was a skeptic when I first started IP, she tried to tell me how dangerous it was, and told me I should look into something safer, like South Beach.

They've both been on South Beach for about the same amount of time as I've been on IP. My dad has lost 55 lbs. and my mom has lost 25 lbs. They didn't like it much when I told them last night that, even combined, I have them by 30 lbs.! It was all in good fun, and they're both really pleased with my results.

Right now, my Dad and I are the same weight. He's about 6" shorter than I am, so I have him beat in the BMI sense, but he's also Type 2, and changing his diet has really impacted his diabetes in a positive way, so I'm glad to see that he's making positive changes.

Of course, one of my motives in starting IP was that I didn't want to end up with type 2, and IP has certainly been a huge factor in helping with that.

I'd tell you all another story, but I've got to head out now. I'm running late for my Speedo fitting!
I'm proud you and your parents are improving your health!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #52  

Hi all!!

Today is my first day on the program! It's not too bad, but I feel like im going to have trouble eating their food, like the spaghetti was horrible! The bars are not too bad. This stuff is pretty expensive, are there any suggestions on whether I could buy them elsewhere, for cheaper?? Any tips for beginners ?

Old 09-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #53  
Started IP May 25,2010

As you can tell I didn't do the quote thing right.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #54  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I am so impressed with all of your discipline and success that I don't want to mention names and miss someone! You are awesome!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Good morning everyone, well...my second week WI was not great...did not drop a pound.. what a bummer, although not surprised. They did measure me and I went down 14.3/4 inches since I started. Weekends are brutal for me. I have a busy social life and it is SO hard not to stray!! any suggestions? I get so darn hungry. I do admit i have a hard time getting all my vegies in at lunch time...sometimes I just gag at the thought of it. I don't know why, I love vegies...I just have a hard time with them at lunch...well 2 cups of them that is. And I've also had a couple of drinks on the weekend....i know it is a faux pas!!
To change things up, I have raw veggies for lunch and cooked/roasted/grilled veggies for dinner. I do salads for lunch every day with romaine lettuce, 1 cup chopped cucumbers, 1/2 cup baby spinach, 1/2 cup dry broccoli slaw, a handful of roasted soy nuts for crunch, sea salt and 1-2 tbsp dressing. I switch up the dressing every day for variety and sometimes sub in other veggies (radishes, celery, cabbage, etc.) At dinner, I go for side-dish veggies like zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, etc. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Good morning everyone! I was in such a sour mood yesterday. I had a dinner outing planned which was making me miserable and work was stressful and horrible. I even saw my boss when we were out at dinner, I just can't get away. Dinner was with a girl who I didn't know much less! (GF of a friend I've known for over 15 years was in town, and we don't really have the same views anymore). Turns out she was awesome, doing a paleo diet so we ate the same salad but she had chicken and I had tofu! At least I got to choose the place to eat, and there was nothing off plan in it. Some restricteds like a smidge of green beans and tomato, but not a lot. And you know what? I was fine with it, even though I said no restricted stuff this week.

I had a wonderful time. We went to a coffee shop later (my husbands vice) and sat and chatted over tea and coffee. It was nice to get out and get some perspective.

Even more funny is I'm up like 5lbs from yesterday. I KNOW it is my body being crazy and retaining water from salt and all that crazy stuff plus not sleeping well the past week. I snacked on a few pickles before dinner as we ate late. I'm not stressed about it or even going to panic. I do weigh daily as well, and it was just a "oh, hi there" moment. Back to home IP and non restricteds today. Nothing extra, nothing more, just the plan.
Glad to hear that you're feeling better and back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
I have been somewhat missing in action. I missed you all and the inspiration. I am still on the losing streak, but slowed down the rate quite a bit. I think it has to do with stress. Life has been a bit overwhelming. My dearest friend Linda struggled with cancer for 7 yrs and lost the battle on Sunday. I miss her dearly and know that she is somewhere above looking down on us and smiling. She was truly a wonderful person. I have been spending a lot of time with her family and friends as we recall all the funny stories, adventures and Linda's witty sarcastic humor.
hugs to you all, Dina
Sorry for your loss, Dina.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #56  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
I love your profile picture. What's your dogs' name and how old? I too have a 1 1/2 year old yellow labbed named Tucker. He is such a love. Your dog looks so lovable too!!
Dodomommy - these dogs are just the best, aren't they? She is almost 10- her name is Madison. Santa put her in front of the Christmas tree when she was just a few weeks old. My youngest son was 8. It was a Christmas we will all remember. How about showing us Tucker???

JourneysEnd--Thanks for the message. I'm really feeling the momentum of our collective successes here. You are awesome!!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-01-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Height: 5'8"

My reccomendation for Tea is Mighty Leaf, I've even seen it in Target when I've been down there. African Nectar (a rooibus tea) is my favorite. They're a little more expensive but very worth it.

If someone out there is needing to encourage themselves, I did this before and it was a nice little boost. Take a measuing tape if you have one, and instead of measuring your current size, hold the tape at what your starting number was. I did this with my thigh measurement and it was so encouraging to see what size my thigh had been, compared to what it had shrunk to. I know my pants fit differently, but the visual was just really good.

So far still on plan today, had one extra protein already, but nothing else. I know if I can just hold off till I'm about 3 days in, it won't be so hard. Decided I'm not baking anything for my family till at least the weekend (that was my downfall yesterday). The fresh picked apples will just sit in my kitchen for now. And I'm going to stay away from malls/restaurants for a few days too. I know that saying no to the no-no's isn't so hard after I have a few days under my belt. And thanks for the encouragment/kick/reminder this morning I'M SVELTING.

Last edited by Becca7; 09-01-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #58  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I hope you're totally prepared for the hurricane which, I again hope, never comes near you.
Thanks Linden, after work I went to stop and shop for a few gallons of water, and more veggies for me..and I went to IP for more boxes/packets ..we'll be fine..we are inland off the beach..unless we get a tsunami( sp?) then I'll have beach front property.. I think we are gonna just get wind and rain here friday...watching the weather channel.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaedee31 View Post
Good Morning all,

Was wondering if anyone had a type of tea they really enjoy, I am looking for something to sip on throughout the day to avoid the temptation of coffee, and was told by my coach that I could drink tea? Is this true? What types.

thanks
I put a pitcher of water in the fridge with no caffeine raspberry tea bags in it.. It's delicious with or without splenda.. and refreshing when ice cold! I don't even heat the water..easy!!

Quote:
I also had low Vit D levels a couple of months ago. Now they are in the normal range after taking 5000 IU a day for 7 weeks. Now that my level is in the normal range, my doc recommended not to take more than 800-1000 IU a day of Vit D.

Ladies,
I have been somewhat missing in action. I missed you all and the inspiration. I am still on the losing streak, but slowed down the rate quite a bit. I think it has to do with stress. Life has been a bit overwhelming. My dearest friend Linda struggled with cancer for 7 yrs and lost the battle on Sunday. I miss her dearly and know that she is somewhere above looking down on us and smiling. She was truly a wonderful person. I have been spending a lot of time with her family and friends as we recall all the funny stories, adventures and Linda's witty sarcastic humor.

hugs to you all, Dina
Dina- I'm so sorry for your loss.. hugs...

I have a male family member suffering with stage 4 cancer, without going into detail.. hard to see them suffer, all you can do is BE there for them, LOVE them, COOK for them and take them to their dr or hosp appts..
Please have all the men in your lives have yearly prostate exams..
Speedo Dave- you too!

Blessings to you all!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
My reccomendation for Tea is Mighty Leaf, I've even seen it in Target when I've been down there. African Nectar (a rooibus tea) is my favorite. They're a little more expensive but very worth it.

If someone out there is needing to encourage themselves, I did this before and it was a nice little boost. Take a measuing tape if you have one, and instead of measuring your current size, hold the tape at what your starting number was. I did this with my thigh measurement and it was so encouraging to see what size my thigh had been, compared to what it had shrunk to. I know my pants fit differently, but the visual was just really good.

So far still on plan today, had one extra protein already, but nothing else. I know if I can just hold off till I'm about 3 days in, it won't be so hard. Decided I'm not baking anything for my family till at least the weekend (that was my downfall yesterday). The fresh picked apples will just sit in my kitchen for now. And I'm going to stay away from malls/restaurants for a few days too. I know that saying no to the no-no's isn't so hard after I have a few days under my belt. And thanks for the encouragment/kick/reminder this morning I'M SVELTING.
I like your tape idea! I may have to try that!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I also had low Vit D levels a couple of months ago. Now they are in the normal range after taking 5000 IU a day for 7 weeks. Now that my level is in the normal range, my doc recommended not to take more than 800-1000 IU a day of Vit D.

Ladies,

hugs to you all, Dina
So sorry for your loss! keep up the awesome work!
Closed Thread