Old 08-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

Default So discouraged....:(

I had my 3 rd week weigh in yesterday. No pounds lost in week 3--- it was a very hard stressful week for me and I did not cheat no matter how tempted I was....seeing that that got me nowhere, I got a little discouraged.
Today, I had a tiny cupcake ( trying to choose the cake for my daughter's first b. Day party and 1 muffin)....I feel gross, weak!!! Just when I had started getting so many compliments on my look!!! What was I thinking!!!!
I need to leave this day behind me and not carry this on to tomorrow...
I need some will power. I applause all of you who had been on IP much much longer!
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #2  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra35 View Post
I had my 3 rd week weigh in yesterday. No pounds lost in week 3--- ...I need to leave this day behind me and not carry this on to tomorrow...I need some will power.
You have the right attitude, just shrug it off and move on a wiser person!!

If you did not lose pounds, did you still lose inches? And if not, are you about to start TOM? Usually if a person is strictly on protocol and there is no loss one week, there is a big loss the next, so you have that to look forward to. Your body is (mostly quietly!) doing a lot of work right now--I think of it as re-arranging furniture. You can't tell from outside the house, but there is a lot going on that will make a big difference.

Stay in bootcamp tomorrow: no restricted IP foods, only unrestricted veggies. Drink some extra water. That will burn the carbs, flush them out, and pop you right back into ketosis and you'll be able to pick it right up and move on.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
-- Will Rogers

It will be ok. Tomorrow, plan to have a phase 1 first day like when you started. This will help your body manage the extra sugar from today and will get you back into ketosis more quickly. REMEMBER, you only altered today and a couple of days to get back to ketosis. You have not messed up more than that.

Always remember the scale is just a tool, no matter whose scale it is, and it can ONLY tell you what you weigh in that moment in time. If you weighed again 3 hours later you could be an entirely different weight.

Also remember the scale can not tell anyone how much you drank in fluid before stepping on, if you had already eaten a meal or two, why you are retaining fluids, if you are about to start TOM or, when you lasted visited the bathroom. I just spits out a number.

Move on! Tomorrow is a fresh start and a better day.

showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #4  

Thanks guys. I will do the trick with no restricted ip food a d xtra water tomorrow And report back!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra35 View Post
I had my 3 rd week weigh in yesterday. No pounds lost in week 3--- it was a very hard stressful week for me and I did not cheat no matter how tempted I was....seeing that that got me nowhere, I got a little discouraged.
Today, I had a tiny cupcake ( trying to choose the cake for my daughter's first b. Day party and 1 muffin)....I feel gross, weak!!! Just when I had started getting so many compliments on my look!!! What was I thinking!!!!
I need to leave this day behind me and not carry this on to tomorrow...
I need some will power. I applause all of you who had been on IP much much longer!
It may not be uncommon around week 3 for that to happen (no weight loss). It happened with me, and my husband, and my mother - all at some point in our program. I am now down almost 20 pounds (from 161.3 to 141.8). My weight loss has slowed, but that's fine. I can feel it and I can see it coming off. After I got beyond that stalemate, I started skipping sizes quickly. Hang in there...it'll happen for ya!
nonnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Hang in there!

Keep in mind that when we talk about an average weight loss of x amount of pounds a week, it is exactly that, an average. You will have weeks that are higher, weeks that are lower, and weeks that are average. Just because you can't see the number on the scale doesn't mean things aren't happening inside your body.

This diet works. Period. Stay on protocol and you'll be fine. If you get discouraged, hop on over to the progress photos thread for some inspiration. These are people just like you who have accomplished great things. They also had discouraging weigh ins along the way.
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #7  

Thanks for all your encouraging words.. Today is a new day. I had my coffee And herbs and cheese omelet and I will take a shake with me when I take my daughter to the museum today, and drink lots of water!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/140/130

Height: 5'3"

I am discouraged too. I had my first WI and hardly lost anything BUT I actually hadn't been on IP for a full week. I started last Monday and had my WI Saturday morning and had lost about 1.5 lbs! I tried really hard all week even with travelling. I am not giving up but it was an expensive week to only lose 1.5 lbs!!!!! I am feeling less hungry than I did at the beginning of the week which is encouraging to me. I'll trudge along and hope that next week is better..I won't be doing my WI until Tuesday of the following week so it should I hope to see a pretty good drop. I'm sorry you didn't lose anything but I'm kind of glad it wasn't just me!!
kea66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #9  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kea66 View Post
I am discouraged too. I had my first WI and hardly lost anything BUT I actually hadn't been on IP for a full week. I started last Monday and had my WI Saturday morning and had lost about 1.5 lbs! I tried really hard all week even with travelling. I am not giving up but it was an expensive week to only lose 1.5 lbs!!!!! I am feeling less hungry than I did at the beginning of the week which is encouraging to me. I'll trudge along and hope that next week is better..I won't be doing my WI until Tuesday of the following week so it should I hope to see a pretty good drop. I'm sorry you didn't lose anything but I'm kind of glad it wasn't just me!!
I hope you all know that if it is close to your period (TOM) it is quite common...please keep that in mind.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Stress really affects weight loss as well. Try taking a walk, having a bubble bath or getting lost in a book for a few hours.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #11  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

I just went through a few really hungry days and did end up cheating on the plan but I did it with alterrnate protein bars, Greek yogurt and a tsp of peanut butter. I also increased my protein. I thougt that might be why I seemed to be more hungy. I ended up with better weight loss than I had in a while. I think there is definitely something to not getting into starvation mode, which can shut down weight loss. It almost doesn't make sense: eat more,lose more! but definitely something to look at if you plateau or don't lose much.
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/147/145

Height: 5'7

My first weigh in was dissappointing as well. I only lost 1 pound. After talking to my coach I realized I was eating too much fat specifically i was using too much oil. I started measuring everything and the weight just melted off. I'm on week 8 and down 34 pounds! (I need to update the weight on my profile. I havent posted in a while.) Also, I was sick the week before I started the diet and lost 7 pounds because I couldn't eat. So that effected my numbers as well. I say all of that to say keep at it :-) this is a long (not always easy) road but it will be worth the ups and downs when it's all said and done. This is a very exact diet so a missed measurement has the potential to stall weightloss. Stay the course :-)
Makita524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #13  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Zebra35 - Like me, you have a goal of losing 30 lbs. I have been in your shoes with low loss and feeling like so many others on the board have incredible weight drops. It's very discouraging! I get it. However, there's no denying the changes when I see pictures or put on clothes that were too tight 2 weeks ago.

Some tips: Try to stick to IP as exactly as you can. Measure. Walk. And be patient. This isn't a race - it's an evolution!

Focus on the long term effect or goal - like healthy eating, fitting back into a pair of jeans, etc.

You'll see results soon! Good luck!
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #14  

Thanks guys... Feeling much better today even though the scale is still the same. I am close to that time of the month so maybe I will feel less bloated afterwards...