Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Another newbie! Just started a week ago. Had my first weigh-in last night. I think their scale was off because I lost 11 lbs! Like others said, the first week was rough with hunger and headaches. The last few days however have been great, waking up early with lots of energy. Wish I had found the program years ago. Been following the forum since last week and this looks like a great place to be.
Cindy
Welcome! Great first week.... keep it up!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #137  

Trying something a little different this week to see what happens... up 'til now, I've been doing 4 whey protein shakes a day (I'm doing alternative IP), well, really, I've been doing 2 one-&-a-half shakes (breakfast & lunch) & one shake before bed, so it adds up to 4... I thought since I'm exercising, that was the way to do it... but today, I'm cutting back to 3 shakes, hoping I can give my fat loss a kick in the seat of the pants (literally!).. I'm using the same amount of liquid (a couple of ounces of almond milk, the rest water) as I was for the one-&-a-halfs, hoping I can fool my stomach into thinking it's getting the same amount of food... a little watered down, but not too bad... of course, if I start getting too hungry, I'll add a little more whey protein & hopefully I'll hit on just the right amount that works for me... still, staying on protocol with veggies, water, salt, & oil...

hugs
Old 07-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I'm hoping it will. I'm just ready to get this move over with!!

YES the scarf trend hit the states! Actually, more than a year ago...ohhh Kingsport, why have you tainted Lindens view of contiguous fashion???

I love yellow box! They are more than I want to pay for flip-flops, but they are so comfy!! I prefer to pay $2 at Old Navy!!

Erin You know you're from the South when your signature is a John Wayne song!

My best guy friend moved to New York after graduation. Since we don't get to see each other, we Skype (online video chat) when we can. Last night was the first time since I started the diet we have talked. He was like..."whoa wait what?? have you lost weight??" He then also told me that he thought I was beautiful before...and he's had a crush on me since he met me in the eighth grade

I also found out exactly what I'll be doing with my new job. I will be running our new Little Rock Clinic completely. I will be in charge of advertising, and coaching. I get my own office!! Woo!! So if you know anyone in the Lttle Rock area who might be interested, send them my way!!

W-I #4 today, only down .5 lb But i was very sick last night...I had it coming out both ends, so my coach says I may be retaining water and waste right now. Boo
You are definitely on a roll!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #139  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Interesting. My understanding is this, you may not have a clinic and act as its administrator if you don't have an approved form of a Health Care license HOWEVER, if you have a doctor or other approved health care professional who will agree to partner with you, make their license available, and act as an administrator you may begin the process with Ideal Protein to operate a clinic.

A coach is required to personally have done the Ideal Protein plan and work with an approved clinic.
i agree. i don't know how comfortbale i'd ever be about asking a licensed friend to put their careers on the line for me..seems like a big mess in the making. maybe this flexibilty is why so many complain of having crappy coaches...because they don' have a medical background!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #140  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I will gladly post a pic of Valentine, but the only way I know is to change my profile pic.. can anyone tell me how to upload a pic to the postings??? Thx
are you asking how to post a full size pic other than the thumbnail pic?

If you are wanting to post a full size pic like Erin's Bikini Pic: Log on to Photobucket ( if you don't have a photo bucket account go to www.photobucket.com and register), there is a big green button in the middle of the screen displaying "upload your images and videos" click on this, the next screen opens a window where you can browse your computer to find the picture you want to upload, double click on the picture, the next screen will show your upload is complete, at the bottom of the screen there is a save button, click it, at the next screen scroll down to the "In this album" section, click on the picture, this next screen will show you your picture and at the bottom left there is a box titled "share this image", the bottom box has the IMG code you will need, right click in the box, select "select all" from the pop up menu, right click in the box again, select "copy", now go to 3FC IP page, in the message box, right click, select "paste". Hope to see your kitty soon.

Here are a couple of pic of kitties we raised when there mama abandoned them at 2 weeks old, I think they were about 6 weeks old here:

Last edited by 6710; 07-27-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #141  

Post New to IP

Today was day 2 for me. I had a really bad headache today. I woke up with it and I still have it. Has anyone else had this? On a positive note, according to my scales I lost 4 pounds yesterday. Of course I know it was water because I drank 100 ounces of water yesterday and was in the bathroom a lot!!! But I am excited about this diet!! I can't wait to lose this weight. I have to lose 90 lbs so I hope I don't get sick of it before I get there. Has anyone here lost a large amount of weight. Any words of encouragement or advice/tips?

Traci
236/220/125

Last edited by traciab710; 07-28-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: It didn't put my signature automatically
Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #142  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Well, I feel a little scolded - had my second weigh-in this evening and I'm down 2.4 pounds and 10 inches. My coach, who is really nice, said it would have been more if I had been exercising at the right time and eating more lettuce. I didn't realize that you had to eat two salads - I thought was 4 cups of vegetables with the option of lettuce. Nope, I was wrong!

Anyhoo, at least I'm still going in the right direction. He also said I shouldn't use even a little bit of salsa (only did it once) because it has sugar in it. It was a bit discouraging to hear all the things I was doing wrong, but he did say he was only trying to help me get the most out of the program. I believe him, but it would have been nice to know I was doing some things right (like still avoiding my daughter's ice cream cake, and the lasagne that everyone else had for dinner . . . . .)

Enough poor me! I can now put up another carrot!

Have a great night, all!

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:
Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by traciab710 View Post
Today was day 2 for me. I had a really bad headache today. I woke up with it and I still have it. Has anyone else had this? On a positive note, according to my scales I lost 4 pounds yesterday. Of course I know it was water because I drank 100 ounces of water yesterday and was in the bathroom a lot!!! But I am excited about this diet!! I can't wait to lose this weight. I have to lose 90 lbs so I hope I don't get sick of it before I get there. Has anyone here lost a large amount of weight. Any words of encouragement or advice/tips?
I am on my second week.. the first couple days were tough but I feel great now. At my first weigh in I lost 6.5 pounds and 8.5 inches.. I was pretty happy about that. I am personally finding dinner the hardest and I feel guilty about stuff I eat, not that it's bad but it is not in a neat package, you know.
Give it a couple days... ask questions and all though I would be considered an IP "virgin" we will help you along.... I read through the posts and am so inspired and motivated. Nice to meet ya!

6710- OMG Your kittens are SOOO cute! I wish I could get another one but I already have a cat, fish and a BIG German Shephard. The cat wants the fish, the dog wants the cat... it is a regular zoo here LOL

babsnwv my coach said the same about the lettuce... I am having a hard time eating lettuce twice a day ... Errrr

Stay on track my friends!

Last edited by sillyputty; 07-27-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #144  

Default Aspartame...

Is there a maximum amount of aspartame you can ingest before it causes an insulin spike?.. or does any aspartame at all, no matter how small the amount, cause a spike?.. the reason I'm asking, I have some peach-flavored sparkling water that is so yummy, but it's sweetened with aspartame... if I can't drink any of it, I'll go along with that, but if I can have a sip or two a day, I'd love that...

Thanks...

hugs
Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 198/168/165

[QUOTE=babsnwv;3407312]Well, I feel a little scolded - had my second weigh-in this evening and I'm down 2.4 pounds and 10 inches. My coach, who is really nice, said it would have been more if I had been exercising at the right time and eating more lettuce. I didn't realize that you had to eat two salads - I thought was 4 cups of vegetables with the option of lettuce. Nope, I was wrong!

Anyhoo, at least I'm still going in the right direction. He also said I shouldn't use even a little bit of salsa (only did it once) because it has sugar in it. It was a bit discouraging to hear all the things I was doing wrong, but he did say he was only trying to help me get the most out of the program. I believe him, but it would have been nice to know I was doing some things right (like still avoiding my daughter's ice cream cake, and the lasagne that everyone else had for dinner . . . . .)

Enough poor me! I can now put up another carrot!

Have a great night, all!

Barbara

My coach is really strict and I sometimes get discouraged by the time she circles all of my mistakes. I tell myself she just wants me to succeed and lose the maximum amount each week but it's still hard sometimes
Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooKitty View Post
Had a Dr. appointment today, happy to report my A1C is now 5.5 and I am no longer considered a diabetic...Have lost 46# since January...I am 1/3 of the way to where I want to be Struttin my stuff
That is fantastic!! Good for you!!!

Quote:
Try drinking lots of water and be sure to take in all your salt. I felt awful my first 3-4 days and didn't know if I would be able to keep going, but it gets better - stick with it!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 198/168/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I'm living in that plateau right now. I won't officially get diagnosed with "plateau-ism" until my weigh in tomorrow. I've already mentally prepared myself to not have lost anything.

Week 4 has been the hardest week thus far. For some reason I'm just getting really sick of the food and have missed certain things more so now than before. For example, peanut butter. I'm pretty sure I could polish off a tub of peanut butter and not think twice about it.
I too crave peanuts and peanut butter. Has anyone here tried a product called PB2? I'm assuming we can't have it until a later phase but I've read somewhere that if you add it to the WF peanut butter, it is really good. I can't find it in stores here but checked out their web site. Looks really interesting!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I had a couple of headaches near the beginning. My information says "Usually a 1/3 of a teaspoonful of sea salt in 8 ozs. of water will alleviate a headache within 15 minutes." It has worked for me. Plus "Note: If you experience headaches later in the protocol, it is simply a sign of dehydration, increase your water intake and the headache should pass."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Is there a maximum amount of aspartame you can ingest before it causes an insulin spike?.. or does any aspartame at all, no matter how small the amount, cause a spike?.. the reason I'm asking, I have some peach-flavored sparkling water that is so yummy, but it's sweetened with aspartame... if I can't drink any of it, I'll go along with that, but if I can have a sip or two a day, I'd love that...
It depends on what your coach says. Mine said aspartame is fine to use. I don't use it because it gives me migraines. Do what works for you.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #149  
Nichole

Quote:
Had a Dr. appointment today, happy to report my A1C is now 5.5 and I am no longer considered a diabetic...Have lost 46# since January...I am 1/3 of the way to where I want to be Struttin my stuff
That's AWESOME!! Congrats!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Quote:
Way to go! I'm hoping I get to join you soon in celebrating better numbers for Diabetes. What a great NSV for you!!!!!. I'm off 2 of my medications and am sure the A1C will be down (the finger sticks are) next visit. I'm just giving the old body time to clear out - I'm thinking the bad cholesterol will be down and the good up. You Go Girl
Closed Thread