Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 295/252/170

Height: 5'4"

As if the news from my Dr yesterday wasn't great enough with my A1C @ 5.5 todays weigh in has me down 3 lbs this week...WooHoo
Old 07-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #227  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

[QUOTE=Aunt Sheshie;3408640]Dr. Tran Tien mentions on his website that low blood pressure can cause fatigue... his advice is more water & sea salt... sorry you're feeling this way... I've had a few days myself that I just couldn't shake that blah feeling... wish I could tell you how I snapped out of it, usually it was just gone by the next morning...

QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing this- I need to go drink a big glass of water with sea salt right now, I just took my Blood pressure, and it's 108/76
Old 07-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

hope this link works

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...43&sc=fb&cc=fp

if not go to npr.org great piece on how logging on to websites like this helps folk lose weight.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Thanks for the link to the article. I believe that it is true. Any support that we can find is great! This site is definitely support!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #230  
The Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
hope this link works

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...43&sc=fb&cc=fp

if not go to npr.org great piece on how logging on to websites like this helps folk lose weight.
Thanks!! Good article!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Thanks for the link to the article. I believe that it is true. Any support that we can find is great! This site is definitely support!
what a great Picture of you!!!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

what a great Picture of you!!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I had to develop a portfolio for one of my classes and needed a professional picture. My husband took it!
Have a wonderful evening,
Tina Lou
Old 07-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #232  

[QUOTE=Coastalcrafter;3408652]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Dr. Tran Tien mentions on his website that low blood pressure can cause fatigue... his advice is more water & sea salt... sorry you're feeling this way... I've had a few days myself that I just couldn't shake that blah feeling... wish I could tell you how I snapped out of it, usually it was just gone by the next morning...

QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing this- I need to go drink a big glass of water with sea salt right now, I just took my Blood pressure, and it's 108/76
mine was so low at the begining that Doc's office had trouble drawing any blood; had never had that problem before.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #233  

Quote:

mine was so low at the begining that Doc's office had trouble drawing any blood; had never had that problem before.
Wow!.. I hope it's recovered & back to normal now... I always had fairly low, but not too low, BP 'til just a few years ago when it started climbing & got too high... I know it was my weight gain that did that... it's gradually coming back down to more to my liking, I just hope it doesn't overshoot & go too low...

hugs
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #234  

Height: 5'8"

Default Novi-lax

if you've used this, what have been your findings and did you have any uncomfortable side effects? TERRIFIED of diarrhea cramps
Old 07-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #235  

NSV: today I was fixing my hair at work and decided to put a hair band on...I noticed something moving in my arm, did the same motion again and well would you believe that it was my muscles??? most of you are not new to this but I sure as H*&^ am!

looking foward to the training for sure...I might try putting my hair up and down so that my trainer can see them too
Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #236  

Quote:
NSV: today I was fixing my hair at work and decided to put a hair band on...I noticed something moving in my arm, did the same motion again and well would you believe that it was my muscles??? most of you are not new to this but I sure as H*&^ am!

looking foward to the training for sure...I might try putting my hair up and down so that my trainer can see them too
Yea!!!.. ain't it great?.. I started noticing some definition in my biceps about a month ago, something I hadn't seen in almost 20 years... now if I could just get rid of that hangy-down stuff on the underside of my arms!.. it's shrinking, but not fast enough...
Congrats on a very cool NSV...

hugs
Old 07-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #237  
The Dress

[QUOTE=Aunt Sheshie;3408881] now if I could just get rid of that hangy-down stuff on the underside of my arms!.. it's shrinking, but not fast enough...QUOTE]

I bought a SHAKE weight! ( you know as seen on tv) I bought it in town at walmart I think..
Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Yea!!!.. ain't it great?.. I started noticing some definition in my biceps about a month ago, something I hadn't seen in almost 20 years... now if I could just get rid of that hangy-down stuff on the underside of my arms!.. it's shrinking, but not fast enough...
Congrats on a very cool NSV...

hugs
I have that too I think, although I have to go back to the restroom and look again. Do you think its skin? or is it fat? what is it?

and I am not BSing here, was just walking down the hall and a co-worker stopped me and said "I don't want to intrude but I almost didn't recognize you, you must have lost alot of weight", I told her yes of course thank you for noticing.

fully motivated to go the gym now; had to cancel last night due to stuff that I had to deal with (think my inside kitten has fleas but not sure so wanted to take care of her first).
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I bought a SHAKE weight! ( you know as seen on tv) I bought it in town at walmart I think..
I've been wondering about those... I saw one on "Ellen" a year or so ago... does it work?.. I think I saw them for sale at Walgreen's...

Quote:
I have that too I think, although I have to go back to the restroom and look again. Do you think its skin? or is it fat? what is it?

and I am not BSing here, was just walking down the hall and a co-worker stopped me and said "I don't want to intrude but I almost didn't recognize you, you must have lost alot of weight", I told her yes of course thank you for noticing.

fully motivated to go the gym now; had to cancel last night due to stuff that I had to deal with (think my inside kitten has fleas but not sure so wanted to take care of her first).
I think it's fat in my case, weighing down the saggy skin... I hope when the fat goes, the skin will still be elastic enough to tighten up... you're young enough, you won't have to worry about that...

Now, that's the kind of comment from others that make me feel good... no back-door insults, disguised as compliments...

hugs
Old 07-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #240  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Went to buy size 10 shorts since my size 12s are practically falling off. They didn't have 10s in any kind I liked so I bought a pair of 8ss, thinking I'd wear them in a few weeks. THEY FIT. That's my NSV of the day. Size 8 shorts. (They are for around the house. My legs aren't ready for the public just yet.)
Melissa K -- you are the most sweetest. You organized and do the data entry for our 20 lb challenge. I am SO glad you thought of it!! What did you decide about the Lindora cake and hot chocolate? Do you want me to send you a package of each??

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-28-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Closed Thread