Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #361  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post

-El.

ps: this morning tried a pair of shorts I use to wear 4 years ago (ones that the zipper broke when I tried to wear them past summer) AND the zipper closed with ease

YEAH!!! That is such a great moment! I did that with a few thing too. Saved them, though I knew they were garbage, so I could be sure I would NEVER rip out a pair of pants again! LOL... Felt so good to be smaller and throw them out!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #362  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Hi I have some questions about Rocket Fuel Week. I am guessing from the name that you do it for one week right? Or can you do it longer? Can anyone comment on what is the average amount of weight you loose in a week doing the Rock Fuel or is it for people who have lost very little or nothing and this is meant to get you back to loosing again and the amount of weight you loose is the normal 2 to 3 lbs? Anyone?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #363  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

If you saw my post yesterday, my coach had never heard of it and absolutely did not support the concept. That be said, I have been following the concept today. I did make one of my packets a restricted one. (I don't normally eat restricted packets). Guess I didn't really answer your question, tho, did I????? Sorry.

Hey can you guys tell me why I can't find the IP ready made drinks on the New Life Style diet site? I ordered them about a month ago and now can't find them. Where else do you guys order them from? Thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #364  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
If you saw my post yesterday, my coach had never heard of it and absolutely did not support the concept. That be said, I have been following the concept today. I did make one of my packets a restricted one. (I don't normally eat restricted packets). Guess I didn't really answer your question, tho, did I????? Sorry.

Hey can you guys tell me why I can't find the IP ready made drinks on the New Life Style diet site? I ordered them about a month ago and now can't find them. Where else do you guys order them from? Thanks
Here is the hyperlink to newlifestyle that takes you directly to the drinks. It appears they are on back order though.

http://www.newlifestylediet.com/category.aspx?id=12
Old 05-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #365  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I just ate the most wonderful meal in a while and am now stuffed and just had to share how happy I am that I am learning to cook "good stuff" that I really can cook for the rest of my life. The first day on the IP diet I basically had two eggs, some steamed broccoli and lettuce - YUK! All I can say was that day I was so bummed at the thought of not being able to enjoy food again. Boy was I wrong! I love to cook and I guess I thought, what is the point in preparing something the rest of my family isn't going to eat... this evening we had a family meal which consisted of stir fried asparagus and mushrooms with lemon, ginger and garlic marinated tiger shrimp which I grilled. Fantastic - I'm looking forward to being creative with what I can eat and enjoy it with the rest of my family.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #366  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post

That's ok. You shared what information you had on the Rocket Fuel issue.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #367  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Here is the hyperlink to newlifestyle that takes you directly to the drinks. It appears they are on back order though.

http://www.newlifestylediet.com/category.aspx?id=12
I just ordered a case last week of the premade drinks from new lifestyle and they came yesterday. I read on this post that people on IP have not been able to get the premade drinks that IP has them on back order so it makes sense that new lifesyle is probably seeing an increase in orders and now they are all out.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #368  

Are the ready-to-drink shakes from NEW LIFE STYLE DIET actually IDEAL PROTEIN products? Are there any other items from NEW LIFE STYLE that are IDEAL PROTEIN products? It looks as though this is the only IDEAL PROTEIN product and I'm surprised to not find it on the sites regular list of "shop" products. Would you please let me know if these RTD shakes are the only IP items? Thanks.

Also, I noticed that a lot of the NEW LIFE STYLE products contain high fructose corn syrup and aspartame. So did many of the Lindora products. Dr. TCT mentioned using aspartame (Equal) in his book but I think that was (written) before sucralose (Splenda) was available b/c now all the IP products are void of aspartame and use the sucralose (Splenda) to sweeten instead. I'm just surprised that the HFCS is used in the NLS and Lindora products when it gets a lot of negative publicity for being a notorious "empty calorie" high glycemic sweetener.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-02-2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: wanted to add comments about NLS and Lindora products
Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #369  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Thanks guys, I'll order some Tuesday.
The idea on cutting the bar into 4ths might work pretty good. I had one friend who used crunched up vinegar ridges on her salad. She made the bag last about 5 days. It worked for her to have that crunch.

Rocket Fuel.....I did this today. Decided about 6 to have lettuce with my oil, vinegar, spices and sea salt. Was feeling a little light headed. So, I figured that was my best option. I'll have another packet in about an hour. Hope I see something on the scale in the morning. I'll be sure and let you all know. I may try this every third day and see what happens. I'm anxious to see how it works for some of the rest of you.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #370  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Chimp...the shakes are the same ones that my coach sells. I haven't checked out the other stuff they sell.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Hello Everyone!
Today is my 3rd day on IP and so far its a love-hate relationship. I couldn't stand it anymore and weighed myself this afternoon just to see if there was any difference and it said I had lost 4.5 lbs! This is where the love part comes in.
However, I'm having a very difficult time getting use to the taste of everything. I know its the sucralose because I tried Southbeach before and did sucralose and hated it. The oatmeal isn't too bad and I got the cheesecake from Lindora which also isn't bad. But any kind of drink or pudding I'm having a really hard time getting it down. I have to just chug it or I won't drink/eat it. Any tips on fixing these would be much appreciated!

For those who use the EAS shakes, do they taste the same as IP?

Congrats to everyone on their success this past week and here's to another great week!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #372  

ALERT: REALLY LONG POST on HAIR LOSS!
Hey Everyone! Sorry I am so behind on posting. I have been reading and there are a few I wanted to comment back to. I just have been swamped with draining and resetting pools while we are having cool weather. It seems we are having our last "cold" spell of the season. From here on out I think we expect temperatures to begin the climb into the 100 degree fahrenheit plus (38c or higher). At those temps the plaster would dry out! So forgive me as I start adding my two cents, in some cases quite late! I know this is long but wanted to share info about Hair loss and what I have learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I just asked about hair loss at my last weigh in . Of course my coach said she didnt know anything about hair loss . But I am gettingf all my viatmins and packets and water in and Im loosing quite a bit of hair and Im a bit concerned . She said she would find out about it and call me but that was almost a week ago . I want to be healthy and look good but I would like to keep my hair .LOL . Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?
Quote:
Hi,I actually read it on Dr. Tran's own website. Yes there will be hair loss but of course it is NOT permanent. He however did not have a biochemical explanation for it. I have started to loose hair as well, it became obvious in the past couple of days.
Several people have asked about the hair loss. I have asked repeatedly. Unfortunately, I have a lot of hair loss. I have had thin, fine hair (probably thyroid related) for the past decade or a little more. I tried nioxin in the past and it did help some but this level of loss is extreme to me. I have a very visible scalp now. I keep a sunscreen on it to prevent burning. I am trying not wear ponytails as much and hats only when necessary to avoid any tension or pulling out of hair. My coach hasn't been able to help. No doctor has said anything from his side. My doctor is concerned only because "it can be a sign of malnutrition" (her words). I have read Dr Tran's site and it just says it will grow back. Last info my coach got was, this is more common with women, more obvious before and during menstrual cycle, will correct itself, this is an UNBALANCED diet stage and will have things like this happen for some people, don't worry, if it is too much of a problem you can't be forced to stay on the program.... etc. No real science. ( You would think after more than 20 years of this happening something would be understood???)

MY RESEARCH: ( I live and die by learning )

Women can develop a form of alopecia called ESTROGENIC ALOPECIA. It is not a pattern baldness, causes thinning all over but can be most apparent on the crown. It is caused by excess estrogen to progesterone levels in some women. Ok, That could be a possibility as our estrogen level increase by burning the fat storing excess estrogen and our estrogen level are higher premenstrual.

Also, if testosterone levels are too low some women will experience thinning. Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the diet that encourages a drop in testosterone. Even in an unbalance state, our body has so much protein being available to it and that is a key factor for testosterone building.

From a nutritional stand point there are many things that can affect hair loss. This seems to be very plausible. Examples of deficiencies that can cause hair loss are:

Zinc - Deficiency in zinc can contribute a lot to hair shedding because without zinc and other related minerals, you hair shafts get weakened, causing hair breakage and very slow hair regrowth. Zinc benefits for hair include promotion of cell reproduction, tissue growth and repair of broken tissues. It also maintains the oil-secreting glands that are attached to your hair follicles, thus decreasing their chances of falling off. Usually we need 50 to 60mg per day from supplements or foods per day to keep this process in check. The best sources of zinc include beef, lamb, pork, crabmeat, turkey, chicken, lobster, clams and salmon. Good zinc food sources aside from meats are dairy products such as milk and cheese, yeast, peanuts, beans, and wholegrain cereals, brown rice, whole wheat bread, potato, pumpkin, strawberry and, yogurt

Copper- Is the trace metal that controls hair growth. Aids in regulating the thyroid. most diets can provide enough copper but good sources are Dark green leafy vegetables, raisins, radishes, nuts (especially almonds) oranges, blacks trap molasses, avocados, and broccoli.

Manganese - Helps the body absorb B1 (thiamine) and vitamin E and works with all B vitamins.. Aids in blood sugar regulation and conversion of protein and fat to energy. It has been linked to slow hair growth when in insufficient levels in the body and when supplemented restores hair growth. Predominiately stored in bones, liver, kidney and pancreas. Magnesium supplementation can inhibit manganese absorption. Good sources of this nutrient are Avocados, nuts, seeds, seaweed, tea, raisins, pineapple, spinach, broccoli, oranges, beans, whole grains, blueberries, egg yolk, dried peas, almond, peanut, oats, sweet potato,and green leafy veggies. Also found in herbs like alfalfa, burdock root, chamomile, dandelion, ginseng, hops, horsetail, parsley, peppermint, wild yam and raspberry.
Iron - iron-rich foods such are red meat,green, leafy vegetables, shellfish, egg yolk, nuts and cereals. Iron absorption is maximized in presence of vitamin C and blocks calcium absorption and has absorption inhibited by tannins found in tea, coffee, bran and egg albumin. You do not have to be anemic to have low iron. When you have an iron imbalance it can cause hair loss and is an indication that the body is finding iron from another place in the body. normal RDA for iron is 18mg.

Biotin – also called Vitamin H. is really a B vitamin. functions in fat metabolism. Fat is essential for growing hair along with general body growth. prevents premature graying. Commonly found in egg yolks. Also found in brewer’s yeast, brown rice, bulgar wheat, lentils, green peas, oats, soybeans, sunflower seeds, walnuts, kidney, liver, yeast, and milk. WE do not get enough of this in the IP diet. our supplements provide 260 micrograms.

Choline- . Choline is a water soluble member of the Vitamin B complex. It is synthesized in the liver. Choline isn't a B vitamin, but it is often included in the B-vitamin family because it does work closely with other B vitamins, especially folic acid and cobalamin, to process fat and keep the heart and brain healthy. It acts as a neurotransmitter messenger and supports inositol absorption. The main functions are controlling weight and cholesterol levels, keeping cell membranes healthy, preventing gallstones, improves removal of fat from the liver, assists in memory, learning and nervous system maintenance. Helps water balance as it is the precursor of Betaine. Is a key part of lecithin which helps maintain cell structure. Typically high in foods containing relatively high amounts of fat and cholesterol such as beef liver, beef steak, and eggs, peanuts, soybeans, cauliflower, navy beans, tofu, almonds, peanut butter. You also get choline in your diet from foods that contain lecithin, which the body breaks down into choline. Some foods that contain lecithin are rice, red meat, cabbage, cauliflower, soybeans, chickpeas, lentils, green beans, split peas, and soy lecithin RDA for women over 18 is 425mg per day.

Inositol – a B vitamin found in brain cells, muscles, liver, kidney, eyes, skin, and hair. Inositol is needed for health at cellular level and a fair concentration is found in the lens of the human eye as well as the heart. Inositol is said to promote healthy hair, hair growth, and helps in controlling estrogen levels and may assist in preventing breast lumps. Men have less than women and lose it 2x as fast. It is essential to resolving baldness. If your intake is not sufficient, you may experience symptoms such as eczema, hair loss, & constipation.
Coffee kills this nutrient. Natural sources of inositol include wheat germ, brewer's yeast, bananas, liver, brown rice, oak flakes, nuts, unrefined molasses, vegetables, and raisins. To some extent the body is able to manufacture this element.
Choline should be taken in the same amount as inositol and the best is to take the entire B group vitamins with it, Vitamin E, vitamin C as well as folic acid and linoleic acid is thought to increase the functioning of inositol.

Inositol and Choline work together synergistically, and are responsible for the formation of lecithin in the body. In a book called Hair loss prevention, by Ken Peters and David Stuss the authors reveal that, ”Inositol, another part of the Vitamin B complex is a cell membrane stabilizer, and an antioxidant that has a protective affect on the hair follicles, perhaps by shielding them from membrane damage caused by oxidized cholesterol in the scalp.”

The authors further add that hair loss, insomnia, eczema, constipation, and eye abnormalities can be a sign of Inositol deficiency. Owing to its mild sedative effects it can help with insomnia and mild hypertension. In addition, it can also help in supporting firm and supple skin, body form, and diminish cellulite. Various sources cite that this vitamin helps to reduce the plaque on the arteries, and further enhances the absorption of Vitamin E. BOTH CHOLINE AND INOSITOL are water soluable. (given how much we pee on this diet, maybe we lose more than someone else??)

Vitamin E
– An antioxidant that stimulates the scalp, increases blood circulation, makes more nutrients available to follicles. It is found in green leafy veggies, whole grains, cold pressed vegetable oils, soybeans, seeds and nuts. DO NOT supplement without Dr approval if you have increased blood pressure or are prone to blood clotting.

ANY "B" - b3, b5, 6, especially – Best vitamins for hair growth. These are WATER SOLUABLE which means we are losing a lot with all the peeing we do on this diet. THEY ARE NOT STORED in the body. Choline and inositol above, are also part of the B family. Inositol has been found to prevent hair loss. Niacin (B3) promotes blood circulation of the scalp. Panthenol (B5) may stop hair loss and regrow hair. PABA can help prevent graying of hair. Biotin, noted above is a B family member, also prevents graying and is essential in preventing hair loss. B6 and B12 aid in maintaining healthy hair.B3 is found in wheat germ, chicken, fish, turkey and meat. B5 is in egg yolks, whole grain cereals, organ meats. B vitamins are also found in Beans, Peas, carrots, Cauliflower, nutritional yeast, bran, nuts, and eggs.

vitamin A – helps keep hair roots lubricated and follicales healthy. Can build up in the body so it is best not to take high supplements unless a known deficiency exists. It is found in red, yellow, and orange veggies, green leafy veggies, liver and eggs. Unless you eat a lot of occasional v eggies, liver and eggs. We don’t get much of anything but the green leafy stuff and eggs on this plan and, you will see that the IP supplement has 3320 IU of A which is quite normal and on even on the lower side to allow for all our egg protein.

Vitamin C – Known for helping maintain healthy skin and hair but mostly found in citrus fruits, kiwi, strawberry, pineapple, tomatoes, green and red peppers. We don’t get much of this. and IP supplements only include 200mg.
http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedi...-nutrition.htm
http://www.forhair.com/Articles/Hair...d_minerals.htm

Things nutritionally that may help for un-understood reasons: Green tea and Brewer's yeast. Molasses helps (not good with IP) but it helps because it is high in B vitamins and IRON which is understood.

When you read the IP multi vitamin nutritional break down there is no iron in the vitamin ( I was told this is because of some algorithm they are trying to maintain). You also see there is only a small amount of choline and NO inositol. Vitamin C is very low, below the RDA. Vitamin A is in a low to moderate range and is acceptable. Vitamin E is slightly low but not sufficient to worry about. B vitamins are present but slightly low. Bitotin is about 1/3 of the recommended. Zinc is 15mg low for the RDA. Manganese is acceptable. There is not notation of copper. Also, calcium supplementation on this program falls short of the rda. Women over 40 should get 1500 mg of calcium and this provides only 684mg. Further, high protein diets can leech calcium from the body so this missing calcium is critical. ALSO, calcium and magnesium only work well together and in a specific ratio. Your magnesium should be ½ your calcium to ensure proper absorption. Copper and zinc have the same issue of absorption compatiblilty and should be in a zinc 7.5mg / copper 1mg ratio. If you review the available food sources for most of the vitamins above you will find that we are restricted from eating many significant sources of these essential nutrients.

FOR ME: I reviewed a lot of information over 2 months. After checking multiple sources saying the same thing, I decided that, because our unbalanced diet, and my willingness to stay on it to have the weight loss, I NEEDED to supplement with vitamin C, Choline & Inositol, and a High Potency Hair Skin Nails. I searched a long time and found an Ester C with Bioflavonoids (helps absorption) by American health (it is vegetarian), A choline/inositol (nature’s way, twin labs, and Source naturals all have good ones), and michael’s Hair/skin/nails with biotin and silica (also vegetarian). It has taken a month of taking them but, as of this past week I am noticing less hair in my hair brush or when I shower. I am still quite thin on top but, I don’t seem to be losing as fast. MAYBE, given a few more months, I will see some regrowth. I am also thinking of using the nioxin again. I thought I would try this route first.
I also enjoyed the following two articles and how they explained hairloss, regrowth, and dietary impact.

http://www.medicinenet.com/hair_loss/article.htm -great hair cycle info and relation to rapid weight loss. Excellent explanation of telogen effluvium (hair loss) and what a SHOCK, like rapid weight loss can do. A small excerpt is below.

“Under normal conditions, scalp hairs live for about three years (the anagen, or growing, phase); they then enter the telogen, or resting, phase. During the three-month telogen period, the hair root shrivels up into a small white "club," then the hair falls out. It is therefore normal to lose about 100 hairs every day, more of them on days when shampooing loosens the hairs that are ready to fall out. The hairs are then replaced by the body.
Sometimes people worried about losing their hair start noticing hairs on their pillow or in the sink, not realizing that they've always been there. A close look at these will usually reveal the white "club" at the end, showing that these hairs were already dead. Normally, about 10% of scalp hairs are in the telogen phase.
There are several circumstances that produce a "shock to the system" that alters the hair growth rhythm. As a result, as much as 30%-40% of the hairs can cycle into telogen. Three months later, hairs come out in a massive shedding (effluvium), especially near the front of the scalp. These include
• childbirth,
• high fever,
• sudden weight loss (crash dieting),
• surgery.
None of these has to be life-threatening, nor does hair loss always follow them. (It can happen after one pregnancy but not the next.) But when the hair falls out, it's all over the place -- covering the pillow, clogging the drain, and so forth. Paradoxically, the more dramatic the hair loss, the better the prognosis, because when the body gets back into normal rhythm, most if not all of that hair comes back. No special treatment is needed. Normal shampooing can continue, because this only loosens hairs that were going to come out anyway.”

http://www.ahlc.org/causes-f.htm - site focused on hair loss … indicates that common causes of hair loss (telogen effluvium) include rapid weight change (usually about or more than 20 pounds in a month) hormonal changes, thyroid abnormalities, and stress. It also indicates When these causes of telogen effluvium are reversed or altered you should see the return of normal hair growth. This site addressed diet considerations and noted, “Hair loss may also occur due to dieting. Franchised diet programs which are designed or administered under the direction of a physician with prescribed meals, dietary supplements and vitamin ingestion have become popular. Sometimes the client is told that vitamins are a necessary part of the program to prevent hair loss associated with dieting. From a dermatologists's standpoint, however, the vitamins cannot prevent hair loss associated with rapid, significant weight loss. Furthermore, many of these supplements are high in vitamin A which can magnify the hair loss.”

Information above was found on the following sites or was noted from the following articles:
http://vitamins-minerals.suite101.co...or_hair_growth

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/vitam...-regrowth.html article by Dr John Anne
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...loss-naturally very good review by several doctors of possible nutritional links to hair loss. includes omega oils, iron, b vitamins, biotin, zinc/copper, msm, etc. very thorough!
http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedi...-nutrition.htm - Holistic doctors approach and summary of hair loss
http://www.forhair.com/Articles/Hair...d_minerals.htm - nutritional impact on hair loss
http://www.princetonhair.com/new8.htm excellent summary of hair health and components of hair

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/hairloss - very concise quality article on nutrition, diet, and hair loss
http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article194.htm excellent article about IRON
http://www.anyvitamins.com/inositol-info.htm break down of vitamins benefits, deficiencies, etc. can search any vitamin or mineral
http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/inositol.php
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/nut.../a/choline.htm
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...als/manganese/ EXCELLENT REVIEW OF MANGANESE INTERACIONS
http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/han...rces_iron.html
http://www.cybernation.com/livingsto...n/morehair.php article on copper, sodium, and hair
http://www.healthvitaminsguide.com/minerals/copper.htm

USDA’s Database for Choline in Foods. Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA)
Berdanier, Carolyn D. Advanced Nutrition: Micronutrients. Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press, 1998.
Canty, David J. "Lecithin and Choline: New Roles for Old Nutrients." In Handbook of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, edited by Robert E. C. Wildman, pp. 423–443. Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press, 2001.
Combs, Gerald F., Jr. The Vitamins. New York: Academic Press, 1992.
Lampi, Anna-Maija, Afaf Kamal-Eldin, and Vieno Piironen. "Tocopherols and Tocotrienols from Oil and Cereal Grains." In Functional Foods: Biochemical and Processing Aspects, edited by J. Shi, G. Mazza, and M. Le Maguer. Functional Foods: Biochemical and Processing Aspects, vol. 2. Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press, 2002.
Pappas, Andreas M. "Diet and Antioxidant Status." In Antioxidant Status, Diet, Nutrition, and Health, edited by Andreas M. Pappas, pp. 89-106. Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press, 1999.
Yanishlieva-Maslarova, Nedyalka V. "Inhibiting Oxidation." In Antioxidants in Foods: Practical Applications, edited by Jan Pokorny, Nedyalka Yanishlieva, and Michael Gordon. Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press, 2001.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-02-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #373  

Quote:
Think am loosing weight but sort of worried about cycle change and wondering what else my body is going through. Based on the consensus: is this going to stabilize or will it always be so unpredictable while on restricted carb diet? I am 42 and already worried about womanly things so don't want to add this on to it.
It seems to stabilize as your weight does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
finally out of my slump, I lost 2 lbs since Monday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
*freakin' out* i did a ketostick this morning and it was moderate. just did another and it's NEGATIVE, i haven't cheated, why is this happening? i've been in ketosis since day 2 and it's dropped on day 8? doesn't make sense.
I have that happen to me too. It is always 2 or 3 days before I start my TOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Question: Why is there no cheese or dairy allowed? If I could just have cheese I could feel satisfied. I cannot wait to look/feel good again
Dairy is usually not allowed because it is a high carb item at any fat level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
I've noticed that the moment I have a shake I go STARVING! Almost as if the shake itself if making me hungry? how does that make sense?
The shakes have sugar substitutes, high quality lean protein and NO OIL OR FAT. I get the same feeling unless I add 1 tsp of udo’s oil or omega 3 oil. If I am just shaking, not blending, I take the oil from a spoon just before I drink my shake. It seems to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Hey all! Thought I would jump on the band wagon and throw up some pictures. Here are some before and after pictures - the first three are before IP and the last two are from this last weekend at my friend Megan's bridal shower
You look SOOO GOOD! Great Job!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #374  

link to sites with Kale chip recipes:

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/i...sitting-078886

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/v...e-chips-068449

Kale Chips
adapted from Stacie Billis at ChowMama.com

1 bunch organic kale, torn into 1/2″ pieces
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sea salt

Preheat oven to 400° F. Whisk oil and vinegar and toss kale in the dressing until thoroughly coated.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place kale on sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 15 minutes or so, until crispy.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Hey Carla, I took a break from the diet 2 weeks ago and tried to be strong last week but still fell apart late in the week. I had my weigh in last night and still lost 4 pounds. I was pleasantly surprised but the 2 weeks before when I weighed I had only lost .6 lbs and had expected to lose at least 2 lbs. I think part of the 4 lbs was from before. Oh well, I will take any loss and I am oficially down 40 lbs now. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Aww.. Thanks! SO good to hear about the 4 pound loss no matter when it occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicyn View Post
Carla - thanks for the info! I have my WI tomorrow and will talk with the coach. I think I am going to lay out your suggestion on a spreadsheet and see what she thinks. I am a very visual person! You guys are the best! Thanks for all the support.
Did you get a chance to ask? How did it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
WOO-HOO!!! 1st weigh in this morning and I have lost 6.7 lbs and 7 Inches!! Chest 43-42(-1) Waist 35-33(-2) Hips 43.5-43(-.5) Arm(14.5-13.5) thigh 25.5-23(-2.5!!!)I'm over the moon! Yippee!
EXCELLENT WEIGH IN! WOO HOO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
...and even though our weightlosses are non-competitive, I am sad when I cannot report BIG numbers on my WI. Sooo happy for those who loose 4-5-6lbs per week and sad about my 3lbs. This IP road seems endless - would like to be done with IP by end of June (including 1 week phase 2 and 2 weeks phase 3) but still not sure if I will make it...
I hear you on all of that! I am lucky to get my 1 -2 pounds most weeks. I too want to be done by June but keep reminding myself that a pound lost is a pound in the right direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
Had my WI last night. Down another 3.5 lbs! That's 7 for my first 2 weeks! I have also lost 2 inches in the waist and 4 in the hips!!
I WISH I could lose 4” in my hips!! I would be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Went to buy an outfit for my brother in laws Jack and Jill party. Bought a size 12 pants !! Took in the 14 but it was too big, also bought a medium top. The sales lady gave me the medium I would have brought in the large or x-large. When I came out of the change room they said I looked cute, me cute ???? Anyway that made my day. Took my mother in law shopping for her dress for the wedding and bought another outfit for my daughters confirmation. The sales lady there said you are lucky you are skinny and wear whatever who want. I thought to myself is she talking to me ??? How come I do see what others see ???
Yippee!! SO happy for you! Yes, I don’t know why we do that! I have had the same response lately when people are telling me you are normal now. I just don’t feel it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Ok, question to all, especially Jordanna (our in house specialist ;-) hehehe) How much salt did they tell you all to take? Mine only said to add sea salt to every meal except for breakfast, but not a straight amount...maybe that's why I'm losing so little?
I was told to take ½ tsp minimum up to 1 tsp. I am to measure it out daily and use it on whatever I want. I can mix it with water as a drink or lick it off a spoon if I want but I have to have it.
Closed Thread