Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #331  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, WyoSun, I lived in Rock Springs, Wyoming, for 5 years (1978-1983) so I know what you mean. It snowed on two of the Fourth of Julys that I was there. Lightly, but still...
Small world. I grew up in RS and after 15 years just moved back.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #332  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome home RJC!!! Even with the weather, I love it out here. Very few people and no humidity. We are far away from a lot of the "comforts", but it is a good trade off.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Jordanna, I have tried to post my picture as my avatar but it was "too big."
Any tips on how to "shrink" it to fit? I'll go try to change the pixel size.
Do a Google search for "online picture resizer" or something like that. That's what I did when I put my bengal pic up as my avatar for a while.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #334  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Jordanna-- and you ride a bike, don't you???
Just rode 6.2 miles this morning. First ride in a long time.
It felt great (well not the last mile or two).
I have an odometer on my bike and a little pouch for my cell phone. That's all I take with me though today I really wished I had brought some water too.
Have you ventured out on your pretty new bike yet??
Hey Tricia - did you love riding your bike? Every time I go out I feel like a kid. I probably look like a complete idiot riding around with this huge smile on my face but I just don't care. It takes a certain style to ride a bike like mine anyway!

I've been trying to go out everyday but being that I live in rural Alberta, Canada it's been windy and gross out a couple of days. I went this morning and it was super windy and only about 3 degrees outside (I think that's about 37 F)

I started a new blog about my bike (Her name is Rosie):

Rollin' with Rosie
Old 04-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
I got my order of Miracle noodles and rinsed and then boiled them for a minute, and dried them. I took the wrapper of information to my coach and she had never seen them, but from the data, thought they would be okay. She was going to check with the MD for her program to see what he thought. Any information from any of you on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
My Dr called "corporate" and they said they were fine. However, my dr wasn't very supportive. I guess he thinks we're already eating 2 cups of veggies, a salad and our protein, so that's a lot of food to add more food to. I decided that it would replace 1 cup of my veggies if I did it (or however much it is, because it is a plant - veggie).
Kelsey, to be blunt, sounds like your doctor is giving you a load of BS. If he doesn't think miracle noodles would be okay on this diet, ask him to look at the ingredients list and tell you exactly what the problem is.

And no, don't skip any of the other foods when you eat miracle noodles. The noodles add bulk and fullness to your diet without any calories, carbs, or nutrition. You don't want to cut out any of your nutrition!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #336  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Kelsey, to be blunt, sounds like your doctor is giving you a load of BS. If he doesn't think miracle noodles would be okay on this diet, ask him to look at the ingredients list and tell you exactly what the problem is.

And no, don't skip any of the other foods when you eat miracle noodles. The noodles add bulk and fullness to your diet without any calories, carbs, or nutrition. You don't want to cut out any of your nutrition!
I agree with Birman - I've been having them off and on since I started and it hasn't effected my weight loss at all, in fact, they are a tool to help me stay focused and on program.

Both my regional director and my coach said they are fine and use them so I wouldn't cut out valuable nutrients you get from other vegetables just to incorporate noodles that have no nutritional value (0 carbs, 0 fats, 0 calories) in to your meal.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #337  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Went out of town for a few days with work...and just finally got caught up. Whew!! Everyone is doing so great and seems so motivated this week! I'm loving it!

My topic of question: onions. My sheet says not to cook them but why? Onions have sugar in them - period. Caramelizing that sugar doesn't mean it suddently has more sugar. Maybe it changes the chemical structure of the sugar? But that still doesn't tell me why I can't bake onions. And how would changing the structure of the sugar affect my ketosis? (I'll be picking up the book MuayThai has recommended but maybe someone knows in the mean time.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #338  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Went out of town for a few days with work...and just finally got caught up. Whew!! Everyone is doing so great and seems so motivated this week! I'm loving it!

My topic of question: onions. My sheet says not to cook them but why? Onions have sugar in them - period. Caramelizing that sugar doesn't mean it suddently has more sugar. Maybe it changes the chemical structure of the sugar? But that still doesn't tell me why I can't bake onions. And how would changing the structure of the sugar affect my ketosis? (I'll be picking up the book MuayThai has recommended but maybe someone knows in the mean time.
I'm not sure, and have wondered the same thing - what I think it might be is that sugar can react differently in your body regarding the glycemic index so maybe when you caramelize them it brings the sugars out and puts them higher on the glycemic index whereas if they are not caramelized your body processes them differently?

Haha - that sounded totally goofy...I should have probably asked the question too instead of making up an answer for myself
Old 04-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #339  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post

all I know is I asked the IP people (I deal with them directly, the women in Florida) and that is what they told me... I had the exact question as to what difference does it make? And they said it brings on the sugar... I have no clue but if you figure it out do tell!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Small world. I grew up in RS and after 15 years just moved back.
Yes, it sure is a small world. My husband and I moved there 'cause his brother and aunt and uncle were living there. My husband and his brother played in a band together 3 days a week in the local bars (Thursday through Saturday) along with their day jobs. His brother is still playing music in a one-man band in Jackson Hole. My husband is an electrical engineer for the federal government.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #341  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

fitday said:

6 carbs for a 1/2 cup of raw onion
9 carbs for a 1/2 cup of cooked onion.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
fitday said:

6 carbs for a 1/2 cup of raw onion
9 carbs for a 1/2 cup of cooked onion.
Yeah, but most vegetables cook down and would measure much less after cooking. Consider spinach. But we're supposed to measure the veggies before we cook them anyway. So we still have the same question: does cooking onions raise their glycemic index? I can't find it anywhere online.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys,

So I am taking three major breaks in May, all one day, all for seperate birthday celebrations for myself. My bf's mom wants to make me a special birthday dinner, my friends want to celebrate, and my dad wants me to eat something carby for once with him.

My coach told me she would transition me to phase 2 and 3 next month so that my body wouldn't go into shock when I do this. Has anyone else heard the same thing? Cause I was hoping to just stay on Phase 1 and cheat those three days...
Old 04-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #344  

BevS - My coach told me that to cook onion just til wilted did not change the carb reading, but if you cooked them longer until they carmelize, the carb reading is increased as it changes the sugar in the onion and in how your body metabolizes it. When I see the carb values, I think I had better cut down on them!

In the mirror this morning, I noticed flappy ybder arms and was not so happy. That is the only skin so far that isn't keeping up with my loss and shrinking. I wonder if some triceps exercise will help with that or if I am doomed to have "bat wings!!" What is the experience of those who have lost considerable weight.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 233/224/175

Height: 5'11"

Question Money, Money, Money

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum! I started IP almost 3 weeks ago and am down 16 lbs so far! Love the weight loss, but I'm not sure how long I can continue. My husband and I are doing it together and the cost is ridiculous!

I have be using credit to pay for it (which I thought I would never do) justify that my health is worth anything. Not sure how long I can do that tho.

Anyone else have this problem?
Closed Thread