Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #241  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
deinekatze....thanks for the encouragement. Take that banana pudding back and ask to trade it for something you like. Most places will let you.

I just have to tell you guys. I wore my size 14 jeans to the store a little while ago. Saw a lady I hadn't seen in probably 6-8 months. She was all over me asking me what I did to become "skinny minnie". Now, we all know that at 180+ lbs. I am not a skinny minnie...... but, it sure made me feel good that she noticed I was losing. And when we had just been having that discussion. So, it will happen when you least expect it. OK, I'm pumped for the rest of the day. LOL

Vicjul...sorry about your jelly, but I really did laugh at that. I haven't done it, but I can imagine that the texture was awful....
I am going through IP to go so no go on the trades but my naturopath will be carrying them soon so maybe he will LOL
Old 03-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
I am going through IP to go so no go on the trades but my naturopath will be carrying them soon so maybe he will LOL
I am too, got stuck with soup I wasn't crazy about, we need to organize a forum swap or something
Old 03-31-2010, 04:49 PM   #243  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm bummed, my coach was having a clothing exchange at her clinic and no one signed up for it. I was really looking forward to some clothes that didn't fall off my bum every time I walk & shirts that don't look so baggy...I'm getting tired of looking sloppy all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Thanks Lilita...I am throwing stuff in the thrift store bag every day. If it is too big out it goes. I'm hoping to get along on sweats while I get that spring cleaning done. So, one pair of jeans should suffice. I actually found a pair of 14's in my closet that still have the tags on them. Don't even remember when I got them, but will hopefully be in them next week. I'm really looking forward to getting rid of those 3 bathing suits I have. I have 4 suits that I bought about 7 years ago on sale as incentive......they still have tags on them.(imagine that). Well they are my goal as they are all 10's. Looking forward to taking the grandson to the water park this year. Luckily(for the most part) swim suits don't really go out of style.
I know exactly what the both of you are going through. I went through all the clothes in my closet a couple of weeks ago and threw stuff out. I had five or six pairs of pants that fit and 7 or 8 that were a little tight.

As of this morning, I tossed the 5 or 6 pairs that fit a couple weeks ago and even a few of the ones that were too small at the time.

I ended up going to the mall at lunch today to try on 36s. I am the proud new owner of 2 pairs of pants (both 36s), 2 new belts (my old ones are all on the tighest loop), and 3 new shirts (all L, my wife was tired of seeing me wear the XXLs. She said they looked sloppy.).

I only bought 2 pairs of pants, because in the back of my mind I was thinking, "What if I keep losing and have to buy 34s?"

Last edited by dad; 03-31-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
My first Lindora order just arrived. Vanilla box drinks (my staple) look exactly like IP ones. They have acesulfame-K in them (non nutritive sweetener). Was really worried about the discussions here that they contain aspertame. I am avoiding it completely 99% of the time. The drinks come 4 to a box, not 6 like IP otherwise the package on the box is identical to IPs older one- Not the new one with the flower. Also got plenty of other stuff for the sugar addict. But I am trying not to have any of the restricted items so why did I order all these bars and cheesecake and chocolate cake?? Save them for a rainy day I guess. Thanks again BevS. This first order took a long time to arrive but I am really glad I ordered from them. I like knowing I have emergency food here when I need it. Really, I think I starved to death in another life!
Hi, Tricia, It's not the ready-made vanilla drinks that have aspartame, but the ones you add water to. I'm glad you let me know what the sweetener is because that's the one food Lindora doesn't list the ingredients for. The chocolate cake could probably be considered unrestricted because it only has 6 net carbs in it. When I have it, I put a big dollop of Walden Farms caramel dip on top. Mmmmmm. The cheesecake isn't way high in carbs either. It only has 8. They both only have 12 grams of protein, so I usually also have a half serving of whey protein isolate in a drink with stevia and WF chocolate syrup when I have either of them to get some additional protein with only 1/2 of a carb, if that. Sometimes their orders get delivered within a week, and sometimes it's closer to 2 weeks. It's hard to wait sometimes.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #245  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default i did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Hey MGT: do some research on the alternating pH levels in the digestive system and you might just have an answer to whether the high pH water was affecting you. (I think it was.)

Here's a synopsis:

Your mouth (saliva) is alkaline (high pH)

Your stomach is acid (low pH)

Your small intestine is alkaline.

and so forth alternating down the length of the gut and is necessary to aid with the different stages of digestion.

I did do research (of course) which is why it was a point of interest when I went to talk to my doctor- he didn't think it could have such a dramatic effect on the diet- but I begged to differ- there isn't a lot of research linked directly to ketogenic diets but there is some here and there and I know sometimes the results can be more individual based on your personal chemistry- but thats why I requested to be put on a neutral water of 7.0 PH before being taken off the diet but I want to investigate more- I just didn't have the time- I need more than an hour and a half of research because alot of times I have to deconstruct the problem and extrapolate the from there and link everything together when there aren't alot of studies with a direct link- like how a ph of 9.5 being ingested continuously all day could interact with ketosis.

Thank you for your input. It is always appreciated!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #246  

Today for lunch I had half a vanilla pudding mixed with half of one of the new orange drinks and added 10 oz of water...it was DELICIOUS and tasted just like an orange julius!!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #247  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Tricia, It's not the ready-made vanilla drinks that have aspartame, but the ones you add water to. I'm glad you let me know what the sweetener is because that's the one food Lindora doesn't list the ingredients for. The chocolate cake could probably be considered unrestricted because it only has 6 net carbs in it. When I have it, I put a big dollop of Walden Farms caramel dip on top. Mmmmmm. The cheesecake isn't way high in carbs either. It only has 8. They both only have 12 grams of protein, so I usually also have a half serving of whey protein isolate in a drink with stevia and WF chocolate syrup when I have either of them to get some additional protein with only 1/2 of a carb, if that. Sometimes their orders get delivered within a week, and sometimes it's closer to 2 weeks. It's hard to wait sometimes.
I looked at the ingredients of some of the Lindora bars earlier today. Many of them have sugar as the second ingredient, some have hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, honey, etc...

Doesn't seem like they'd be a good fit for people trying to avoid sugar and allow the pancreas to reset. I know a lot of people are still having good weight loss results using the Lindora products, but it just seems contradictory to the IP concept.

For what it's worth...just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 PM   #248  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Unhappy Oh my gosh yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
ok, lets try this again...http://picasaweb.google.com/10554204...eat=directlink

Can you feel my pain? ;-)
YES YES YES I DO DO DO FEEL YOUR PAIN isn't it so embarassing to mention the word personal trainer when you are in the worst shape of your life? Sometimes I think people look at me and are like " not in your life honey..." ha

Oh I have something- when I was sparring with the Godzilla of our Fight Clinic - he is 6'4 and has an arm span of 80 inches my coach blurted out- "well your a heavy weight like 200 pounds!" I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE- cause the other guy is cute. And Godzilla replies " Gosh, youre 5 pounds heavier than me- I'm 195." It was at that point that I either was A) going to plan to assiassinate my coach or B) going to get on Ideal Protein. In a week I was o the program. I was so pissed. And actually in reality I was 11 pounds heavier than him because I was 206- and I remember saying exasperatedly _ " I USED TO BE REALLY HOT" and Godzilla replies without missing a beat,
"yeah and I used to be the president" OHHHH SLAM CHECKMATE. THAT WAS BRUTAL. I think it was all in good fun- but excruciating none the less. My mom says that when I lose the weight, I need to ask him, "So... when are you running for office?"

I have to get some pictures on here so you can see my fall from glory- it seems like the roman empire has fallen- AGGGH. hhahaha again with the humility.... never been a strong suit.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #249  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Ahh fall from grace photos. I'll try to get my up this week.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #250  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
YES YES YES I DO DO DO FEEL YOUR PAIN isn't it so embarassing to mention the word personal trainer when you are in the worst shape of your life? Sometimes I think people look at me and are like " not in your life honey..." ha

Oh I have something- when I was sparring with the Godzilla of our Fight Clinic - he is 6'4 and has an arm span of 80 inches my coach blurted out- "well your a heavy weight like 200 pounds!" I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE- cause the other guy is cute. And Godzilla replies " Gosh, youre 5 pounds heavier than me- I'm 195." It was at that point that I either was A) going to plan to assiassinate my coach or B) going to get on Ideal Protein. In a week I was o the program. I was so pissed. And actually in reality I was 11 pounds heavier than him because I was 206- and I remember saying exasperatedly _ " I USED TO BE REALLY HOT" and Godzilla replies without missing a beat,
"yeah and I used to be the president" OHHHH SLAM CHECKMATE. THAT WAS BRUTAL. I think it was all in good fun- but excruciating none the less. My mom says that when I lose the weight, I need to ask him, "So... when are you running for office?"

I have to get some pictures on here so you can see my fall from glory- it seems like the roman empire has fallen- AGGGH. hhahaha again with the humility.... never been a strong suit.
Wow, yup, I swear it is hard to say that I am a personal trainer... I start opening my mouth at times at the gym I now go to, to give people advice and they all look at me like "what is this Crazy B on?" Ugh!

Mine is my Fiance... I now he means well and he is being Honest, but he flat out told me "when I met you you were the most beautiful woman I have ever seen...now you're still pretty but... I've gotten used to the idea that I will never see that girl again" OMG! Yeah it hurt like **** but he is honest...can't blame him for that. He is very supportive and in fact he is the one financing my diet now ;-) He says 160lbs should be enough... I'm going for at least 150!

I have lost quite a bit since that last picture you saw... here is my pic from Saturday http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink...again, I'm at 178ish today...day 13th! Wedding is June 5th...EEEKKK!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
I looked at the ingredients of some of the Lindora bars earlier today. Many of them have sugar as the second ingredient, some have hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, honey, etc...

Doesn't seem like they'd be a good fit for people trying to avoid sugar and allow the pancreas to reset. I know a lot of people are still having good weight loss results using the Lindora products, but it just seems contradictory to the IP concept.

For what it's worth...just my opinion.
Maybe so, but I only usually eat the caramel nut bars and they are exactly the same as the IP ones. I think if you keep the carbs under 40 grams daily you'll stay in ketosis regardless.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #252  

[QUOTE=steelgal;3226296]Sophie, I am down 15 lb's too, and alas no one noticed either! I have my bra's have too much space in the cups and my waiste of my jeans is much looser, (too bad not the seat!) We all can be one another's cheerleaders!
I have my week 5 WI tomorrow, (week 4 was a short week, my coach switched WI days)
Julie[

Thanks all for the motivation!!! Steelgal, CONGRATS to you on your weight loss!!! It is such an amazing journey to be on and glad to have supporters on here to help!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #253  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post

and here you go... at work as a trainer...wow it all seems so long ago! I ballooned about 40lbs in one year thanks to excessive stress and Estrogen...so gross

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
Old 03-31-2010, 06:56 PM   #254  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

DadFunny you should mention the sugar. I was noticing it too but guess what --it's in the IP caramel nut bar, vanilla peanut crunch bar, the sour cream and onion and BBQ soy puffs. I was surprised! Maybe it isn't true with all the products, but for the vanilla box drinks they seem to be identical to IPs. Of course the real test will be how I feel and how the weight loss goes but I'm going to trust BevS. They are working for her so I think they are worth a try-- especially since I am using them to supplement the IPs I buy each week from the doctor.
And I have got to try BevS's suggestion. chocolate cake with WF caramel on top. Doesn't that just sound delicious?? Like the yogurt commercial with all the fattening sounding names-- key lime pie, etc.
Carla -- thanks for the comment. I love to make people laugh. How was your weigh in?
Jordanna-- we don't have the orange drink yet. Your drink sounds delicious. I am going to need that vanilla pudding I hated the one time I tried it. Want to freeze it for ice cream and try your orange julius! thanks.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-31-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #255  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
MysticalMamma- Love your pics and you sure can see a major difference. Great motivation.

Congrats to all the "losers"!

About the Miracle Noodles. Do your coaches tell you that it is okay to have those. I got my order yesterday and the packages date expiration is mid June. Contacted the company, as they are supposed to last 4 months in the fridge or 2 months on the shelf. The response from the company was that they would last about 6 months in the fridge. When they get old, they just turn to powder and are not usable. I don't know exactly what to do with them.
Here is what I do after I rinse them real, real well I boil them for 1 minutes and then I cook them again in low sodium chicken broth and or low sodium, no msg soy sauce and the absorb the liquid they cook in. They are good.
Closed Thread