Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2

You're on Page 26 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I adapted this recipe - it may need a little tweaking depending on your tastes

2 eggs seperated
    zest of one lemon
    3 Tbsp lemon juice
    1/3 - 1/2 cup stevia
    1/2 tsp cornstarch
    1/2 cup water

beat yolks and add stevia, cornstarch, zest, water and slowly add lemon juice to avoid curdling the eggs. Microwave for 2-3 until thickened.

In meantime, stiffly beat egg white until form a heavy meringue. Add 2 pkg of stevia.

Carefully fold hot lemon filling into meringue - Pour into serving dishes and chill.

It is quite tart, so next time I am going to decrease amount of lemon juice.
    Thank you Sister Kate for the recipe.
  • substitute for PASTA
    New to the program. On my 2nd week. During week one I was dying for some carbs. So I made a great tomato sauce with garlic, celery, Italian seasoning, Tomato (my 2X a week choice) and chopped chicken. (leftover from a roasted chicken from Costco)
    For the pasta, I took large mushrooms and finely shredded them. I kept them raw and then covered with the hot spaghetti sauce at serving time. The sauce warmed the mushrooms but didnt cook them. It tasted so much like Pasta!! Best meal I've had so far.
  • Quote: I am new to the program. Starting week 2. Came up with a great substitute for pasta. I took the large mushrooms from Costco and shredded them. Kept them raw and then topped it with a cooked sauce of tomato, chicken, celery, cilantro, italian spice, garlic. The mushrooms were warmed by the sauce but not cooked. It tasted just like pasta. Yippee.
    Umm...I will definitely have to try this! Thanks!
  • pickle recipe (makes 6 jars)

brine:
    8.5 cups of water
    2.25 cups of white vinegar
    .5 cups sea salt

mix together in a large pot and boil. remove from heat.

fill jars with spices of your choosing. i like to do different flavors, so here are some spice suggestions:

fresh dill
    black peppercorn
    garlic cloves
    dried red chili peppers
    coriander (whole seeds)
    cloves
    rosemary

pack pickling cucumbers on top of spices in the jars up to the neck as tightly as possible. you can do slices, spears, chips, halves or wholes.

pour hot brine into the jars of packed cucumbers to about .5" below the top of the jar. put the lids back on the mason jars.

place the sealed jars into a pot of water just up to the neck of the jars. bring to a slight boil and make sure the the lids have sealed (test by making sure that the lids can no longer be pushed in with your finger on the top). remove from water and let cool. store in a dark place that is not too warm or cold for anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. the longer they sit, the better, but they do taste good by week 3... just a bit more crunchy.
  • Tomato Basil Rice Soup
    1 Cup Cauliflower
    1 IP Tomato & Basil soup pack
    Sea Salt
    Pepper
    Cayanne Pepper

Take cauliflower grate and steam until soft like rice about 4-5 mins.

Mix tomato & basil soup pack according to directions in shaker and add to pot with grated cauliflower.

Add sea salt, pepper and a dash of cayanne pepper to taste. Heat until desired temperature and serve.

Enjoy
  • Broccoli Cole Slaw
    1 cup prepackaged broccoli Cole slaw ( I pick out the carrots )
    Sea salt
    Garlic
    Mrs Dash onion and herb seasoning
    IP Tomato Basil Soup

Sauté broccoli Cole slaw in EVOO for 6-8 minutes. Add spices to taste. Add the tomato soup (already mixed with water) the last minute of cooking.
  • Quote: 1 cup prepackaged broccoli Cole slaw ( I pick out the carrots )
    Sea salt
    Garlic
    Mrs Dash onion and herb seasoning
    IP Tomato Basil Soup

Sauté broccoli Cole slaw in EVOO for 6-8 minutes. Add spices to taste. Add the tomato soup (already mixed with water) the last minute of cooking.
    What is EVOO?
  • Quote: What is EVOO?
    Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
  • Broccoli
    last night I was looking to do something "different' with my broccoli.

I steamed the broccoli
    Put it in the food processor and bleneded until it was smooth.
    I added a little chicken broth for mixing.
    Put it in a baking dish and baked it until it was bubbly around the edges.
    It was good.
    Like mashed cauliflower only with broccoli!
  • Phase 4 dinner suggestion:

Stroganoff-topped potato

1 medium baking potato

1 teaspoon olive oil

4 oz beef flank steak, cut across grain into thin bite-sized pieces

1 cup fresh mushrooms

1 small onion, cut into thin wedges

½ tsp garlic powder

½ tsp pepper

1 can Progresso Light Savory Vegetable Barley Soup (18.5 oz)

¼ Cup fat free sour cream

2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

1. Generously pierce potato with fork. Place on microwavable paper towel. Microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes until tender. Cover, let stand covered 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add beef, mushrooms and onion; sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, just until beef is browned and vegetables begin to soften.

3. Stir in soup. Heat to boiling. Cook uncovered over high heat 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.

4. To serve, place ½ potato on each serving plate. Top each with 1 ½ cups of beef mixture; spring each with 1 tbsp parsley.

Per serving: 330 Calories
    9 g fat
    44 carb
    7 fiber
    17 protein
    1100 mg potassium
    880 sodium
  • a couple of drops of orange extract in the chocolate drink makes it taste like Baskin Robbins Mandarin Chocolate. Yum, Yum.

• Yummy Oatmeal Pancake
    -IP Oatmeal packet
    -1/4tsp baking powder
    -1/4tsp cinnamon
    -2 or 3tbsp powdered baking splenda
    -egg white
    -1/4tsp vanilla
    -1oz milk
    -water for consistency

mix dry ingredients first, then add everything else and mix. serve with warm WF syrup. yum
  • Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
    Note: Makes 2 IP meals

1 large Chicken Breast
    2 cups of chopped Broccoli
    1 IP soup packet (leek, mushroom or chicken)

Boil the chicken breast until just cooked. Remove from water and chop into bite sized pieces. Place broccoli and chicken in a 9x9 glass pan. Shake up your soup packet with 6 oz of water and pour over chicken and broccoli.

Bake @ 375F for 25-30 mins (or until broccoli is tender and soup is bubbly).

Second portion can be refrigerated and warmed up later.
  • The New One...
    I am very excited, i have been reading all the post here and i can read how well it goes for most of the poeple here on this ideal protein diet. I am about to start the diet tomorrow... i am excited and nevous too. I have been over weight all my life since i was little, and it has gotten out of control...i weight 470 pounds and it's not going down. I am always in pain from my knees and specially my lower back, and i know that my weight factor is what is causing it. I am looking forward to doing this diet.

Could someone tell me what kind of meals u all do in this IP
  • Crustless Mini-Quiche
    ok, i made up my own crustless mini quiche recipe because the other post uses tofu (i'm a vegetarian and love tofu, but i don't eat it on this diet). this recipe is for the meal where you eat your own protein. it covers both the protein and the vegetables for the meal.

.5 cups liquid egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1.75 cups mushrooms
    .25 cups green onions
    .25 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp EVOO
    dash of black pepper
    mrs. dash (i use the garlic and herb - salt free)

heat oven to 350

chop mushrooms and green onions and add to a pan with 1tsp EVOO. cook covered on low until soft. remove lid, turn up heat and cook until the water evaporates.

in a mixing bowl, add .5 cups liquid egg whites with one whole egg and beat. add .25 tsp sea salt, a pinch of black pepper, and mrs. dash. add the cooked mushrooms and green onions to this mixture.

spray a small muffin pan with a light spray of olive oil. pour egg mixture into muffin pan, filling each cup about half way (should make about 5-6). place muffin pan in the oven and bake for about 30 min, or until egg is slightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.

enjoy!!!