Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #31  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

@showgirlazWow, thank you! You take a ton of supplements. I use to use the aloe vera for acid reflux and it really helped. Thats one reason I love, love, love this diet is I don't have it anymore. But I might start taking it again for the digestion part of it. Constipation is my worst enemy!

I weighed in yesterday and was only down 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Which I don't like at all. I did have about a 1/4 of a cup of cashews and 2 string cheeses in that time but I don't think that they would have slowed me that down that much. I don't use splenda or sugar free items and I completly stopped chewing gum to see if it would increase the loss but no luck. I actually did worse. It is a week before my period so I'm hoping its pre -menstrual.

Again I apprieciate you taking the time to put everything you do down. I just want all the info I can possibly have to increase my weekly losses. I really wish the restricted items would have not been an option up front. I wish all the distributors would get the same strict plan as your dr. Do you always get your unlimited salads in?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Just had the creamy tomato soup. Another yum at 1/2 the price. And only 4 carbs!! Thank you to whomever found Lindora.com.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #33  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Question

Wheres all the regulars been?? torchlaker, echobaby, lilita, meghano, owtawa,

Are you guys ok?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #34  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

@wagnomore
A neat recipe I have done with Tilapia: broil in oven with lemon and grape seed oil with sea salt and cracked pepper. I could actually eat that every day. And 7oz is alot of fish!

I hate fish but this recipe sounds amazing, this and turnip fries I thinks whats for dinner. I don't even know how to cook fish. How long do you leave it under the broiler?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #35  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

CadensMommy1118- Welcome!!! I suggest going back and reading all the previous posts. It's time consuming, but so worth it!

I made the eggplant for lunch today, instead of making it as the recipe posted in the forum, I seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic salt, drizzled olive oil over all of them and bake at 350 20 min, turn 20 min. They turned out awesome! Also, what I was making for my family wasn't done, so I put them in some foil to stay warm!

Tonight- Turkey Burger, Turnip Fries and watching The Hangover. We are having a date night at home and the kids are at Grandma's!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #36  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

wagnomore- great recipe! I actually have a recipe to try like that except it's with olive oil, lemon juice and dill!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #37  

Hello Everybody. I will be starting Ideal Protein with my husband tomorrow. Any suggestions to get us off to a good start?
Old 01-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvan View Post
Just took a chance and saved some BIG $ and ordered from newlifestyle.com. It is 1/2 of what I had been paying and very similar if not the same for most products! The box drinks are exactly the same. We'll see....
hey guys those boxed drinks are also available at Rite Aid drugstore..her in California, they have a lot of Lindora products there. My coach said they werent the same but I checked and they are exactly the same! Just cheaper!! That's probably why she doesnt want me buying them. I had heard they are restricted and so are the puddings. Are they? Please help!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatcherliz View Post
hey guys those boxed drinks are also available at Rite Aid drugstore..her in California, they have a lot of Lindora products there. My coach said they werent the same but I checked and they are exactly the same! Just cheaper!! That's probably why she doesnt want me buying them. I had heard they are restricted and so are the puddings. Are they? Please help!
No, they are NOT restricted. They are the core! I could not live w/o my vanilla pudding!!! lol! The savings is huge for me.....I can't imagine paying full price now!

Last edited by jtvan; 01-23-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicibel View Post
Hello Everybody. I will be starting Ideal Protein with my husband tomorrow. Any suggestions to get us off to a good start?
Prep lots of veggies for easy access! Premeasure/weigh you meats before you freeze and plan you meals ahead of time...you won't feel stressed that way~Good luck! You'll do great!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
@wagnomore
A neat recipe I have done with Tilapia: broil in oven with lemon and grape seed oil with sea salt and cracked pepper. I could actually eat that every day. And 7oz is alot of fish!

I hate fish but this recipe sounds amazing, this and turnip fries I thinks whats for dinner. I don't even know how to cook fish. How long do you leave it under the broiler?
Here is one for Pork Chops: bake/broil in oven w/ spicy or dijon mustard on them, garlic powder and parsley. Yummy!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #42  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

checked out the lindora site - looked so good but they don't ship to Canada. Rats!!!

I just went in to pick up my IP food this morning. They sell digestive enzymes - to aid in the digestion of your food and to prevent constipation. You take 2 with your meal - at $25 a bottle, I just couldn't buy them but they also have a new "supplement" on the shelf called Novi-Lax. It's got the IP label on it - I've never noticed it before. You take 2 if constipated and things get moving in 6 to 12 hours. FYI
Old 01-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #43  
WyoPrincess

S/C/G: 226/208/135

I've been on the IP diet for a little over a month and from what I've read this group will give me the much needed support I need. Keep at it!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
checked out the lindora site - looked so good but they don't ship to Canada. Rats!!!

I just went in to pick up my IP food this morning. They sell digestive enzymes - to aid in the digestion of your food and to prevent constipation. You take 2 with your meal - at $25 a bottle, I just couldn't buy them but they also have a new "supplement" on the shelf called Novi-Lax. It's got the IP label on it - I've never noticed it before. You take 2 if constipated and things get moving in 6 to 12 hours. FYI
Try Newlifestylediet.com they have similar products too!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #45  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

HELLO EVERYONE! A nice morning here, FINALLY! Living in the desert southwest we are use to so much sunshine and this week of wild, wet weather is a whole new experience.

Just wanted to ask, if no one minds sharing, How much are you paying for the box or packets of IP and the vitamins or program???? I am curious because so many keep commenting how expensive it is. Thanks to any who feel comfortable sharing.

@ Jordana : WOO HOO!! I love having people to “buddy” up with an work towards goals with! Let’s DO IT! My big deal is continuing as I started Until birthday. That will put me on no occasional or restricted foods for 4 months. I am still measuring to ensure I can keep my portions in control. AND NO SKIPPING MEALS, it can have an effect almost like cheating. I am trying to get 3 to 4 litres of water a day too. I learned that water is required by the liver to help break down/metabolize and flush fat. I think it is because fat can contain toxins and because fat requires a bile product or acid to break it down. HMMM??? I am glad we have similar coaching rules it should be helpful as we “cheer” each other on! I do exercise very lightly now. Just an easy walk for about 10 min or so 2x a day. And I am lightly toning my arms with resistance bands and tummy with crunches.

@ BestsyAnn : YEAH! That is great to have an inside track. I love learning all the extra information. THANK YOU for being willing to share!

@ Wagnomore: I am glad it was helpful. That post was so long I was worried it would be overwhelming! YES, I am SOOO JEALOUS of what men are capable of on this plan. I suppose it is because they have a different body fat need and don’t have hormonal cycles to create issues. Pick a buddy or more on here! Maybe it will work for you to keep pace with a women? ( Curious, what part of the Midwest are you in?)
I LOVE TILAPIA!! I just bought some yesterday and will be making your bake. I was doing a seared asian style fish several times the past 2 weeks. I agree about the magnesium citrate it does work great but unless you have a major issue, go lightly until you find your dose! The lettuce… yes, I am told it is necessary to get the lettuce in. my understand, I haven’t verified this, is that the lettuce has a form of fiber that doesn’t break down until it reaches the colon so it has a bit of a cleansing effect on the plumbing and keeps the healthy bacteria happy. Also, there is supposed to be some nutrition in lettuce, romaine in particular, that can be helpful. It doesn’t say how much lettuce we must have buy we shouldn’t neglect it.
The bottled tea. I asked that too because I found one that seems to work on plan. ( I still think it works on plan to be honest… just the rebel in me. LOL) Anyway, I talked to my coach and the regional development guy and both said NO. The reason being the FDA allows for up to 2% of a product to include indgredients from sugar not listed in the nutritional or ingredients list. SO, anything that is prepared and sweet has the possibility to have hidden sugar. Some people could become so “addicted” to the comfort of the prepared drink that they create a slow down and don’t know why. Regarding the HERBAL TEAS… if they are decaffeinated I was told you do not have to include extra water in your diet and they can count towards ½ of you daily fluid intake. I drink about 24 oz of herbal decaf tea, 10 oz of coffee, black or green tea (all have caffeine) and 3 to 4 litres of water per day. In addition to that I have my IP drinks. I keep a sun tea jug of brewed herb tea in the fridge so it is quick to get and a nice alternative when I need a liquid and a break from my water too!
Closed Thread