Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Ogdog, have you tried using almond flour for any recipes? I'll attach a link for a Lady who's done a lot with it. She's gluten intolerant.
Echobaby, I have not tried almond flour yet, although it is on my list of things to buy from netrition with the next order. I have read good things about it being very close to cooking like normal flour. I'm anxious to try it. Do dogs taste testing doggie cookies count? Probably not, I'll have to make a couple batches of cookies and have my nephew try them eh? I look forward to your link. I found my info on lowcarbfriends.com.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #62  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Echobaby, I have not tried almond flour yet, although it is on my list of things to buy from netrition with the next order. I have read good things about it being very close to cooking like normal flour. I'm anxious to try it. Do dogs taste testing doggie cookies count? Probably not, I'll have to make a couple batches of cookies and have my nephew try them eh? I look forward to your link. I found my info on lowcarbfriends.com.
Yeah. Nephew try them! Videotape it to make fun of him later in life.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Hi everyone: Betcha thought I fell off the planet, huh? I have been really busy trying to finish Christmas gifts. The necklaces I make take 2-1/2 weeks from start to finish...and I only have one week left!! OMG!!

OK - I probably should throw out my scale. I didn't gain....in fact, I lost half of a pound. My scale showed me at 7# more than the doctors scale!

So - what we decided to do since I only have one more weighin before I leave for Ohio is to try the substitute bars/cereals I bought to see how they affect me. So - as I try them....I will try to report. CoolBreeze...I tried the Maple Dixie Diner cereal this morning. It was okay...I think I put too much water in it (very soupy). It held me until my late lunch. I have tried the "Oh Yeah" protein wafers. Not bad. They just don't fill me up like IP bars. I cannot find anything that is like the puddings, unless I make them myself (Ogdog has some good recipes). So, I might buy enough puddings to get me thru until I get back.

I had a real "pity party" when I went to weighin. Life just started to seem overwhelmng to me again. I told her I was sick of salads, sick of the diet, tired of cooking from scratch everynight...yadahada. Finding out the trial had been moved, my son losing both of his jobs, being alone for Thanksgiving, my house is a mess cuz I have no energy and I spend all my time altering clothes or working on Christmas gifts, etc. etc. etc..... So basically, I am on a version of Phase II this week...only not adding meat for lunch (I don't eat lunch)...but a bar or something from Netrition. My nurse was also going to talk to the doctor about something for depression. I do feel better today than I have.....so maybe I am coming out of it.

Mom22 - thanks for posting that info. Kinda depressing to think I can't have butter on my veggies ever again, tho.

Lilita - so you looked up Torch Lake, huh? I hope the beautiful colors showed up (I think there are pix on torchlake.com). It is an amazing lake. I bought a boat in April.. learned to drive it, but never learned how to dock it!! Next year! I am going to the Caribbean in March...and the owner of my condo said, "Wait until you see the colors." My hubby and I parasailing in Punta Cana 2 weeks before he died. Yup, the colors were beautiful....they are the colors of Torch Lake. My whole house is decorated in all the beautiful blues and aquas of the lake.....

So - what did I learn this week? One - even if it is a $40 scale...don't believe it!! I can make substitutions as long as they are healthy ones (My new one is Greek Yogurt - no fat - has 12g of protein. I don't like yogurt...but used it for deviled eggs and horseradish sauce). I DO put fatfree reddiwhip on my puddings...they look yummy that way!! I can find lower priced IP substitutes BUT I haven't found any that have the low amount of fat, carbs and calories that IP has.

I learned that I am probably NOT going to get all my Christmas gifts done before Christmas...and will just worry about my granddaughters. I am excited, tho....I bought some "butterfly" cut outs, and plan to paint those...cuz I feel like a butterfly. I started out a fat caterpillar...and am slowly turning into a butterlfy!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #64  

......I think we are all turning into "butterflies." We are going to a new place of renewal....This will be a brand new start for many of us. I read something a few days ago..."Just when the caterpillar thought his life was over, he turned into a butterly." That is us!

One thing as mentioned earlier in this forum....I won't be saying I need to lose weight on New Years Eve. My hubby died on New Years Eve...so it is a hard time for me. Last year was awful....since it was the first year. BUT -- being able to say that I did follow thru with ONE New Years Resolution should help me feel better this year. He would want me to be healthy and stick around for my son!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #65  

Ive basically been living for dinners my stir frys every night, ive had them for about 3 weeks in a row and i cant get tired of them they taste sooo good.

chopped bokchoy, chopped napa,chopped green onion, chopped red cabbage, bean sprouts, soy sauce, 2 tsp olive oil.
^
Amazing.

My dad is actually going to go on the diet as well, and we are gonna incorporate it into the documentary now, where im actually changing my family as well, we are all overweight. My clinic just got the Oreo cookie bar in which im excited to try =o

Ive basically been having Crispy cereal every morning with two splenda packets delicious. then a bar, then a big stirfry with 4+ cups of veggies and chicken. Thats my big meal of the day.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #66  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default Cold

Yes, I'm cold all the time. Used to be the opposite. Noticed it early on, when wyoming was still in the 50's. Not like the 0 degrees it is right now! But I just read two days ago that in tests they injected rats/mice with insulin and their core body temp went up. So I assume since we are ingesting low carbs our bodies are not churning out insulin...so we all feel cold. Just a thought.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #67  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Welcome Back Torchlake, Valkyrie and Josh!

Welcome back all of you that "keep coming back."
To reiterate: this forum is a major cornerstone of my success on this program.

I have a great need to "share" this great program with others (like sharing a great book or great movie) yet I want to keep it "private" to a certain degree so people don't "watch" what I'm eating.

You guys and gals are great "listeners and sharers." Thank you.

Everything you write about helps me. I love the tips/recipes/links/feelings. Keep' em coming. PLEASE!

Yesterday, I tried Phase II (2 legal meals per day) because I was out running errands all day with my DBF and we went to a restaurant for breakfast then I cooked a meal at home for dinner. It seemed like so much food in one day!

My point is that when I do get to Phase II (for real) it will be so wonderful and easy to live with. I was so satisfied with my 2 meals that it was hard to eat anything else. Plus it was way less food than I used to eat before IP.

My DBF commented at the restaurant that I used to "order so much more food" at restaurants before IP.

I read Dr. Tran Tien's thoughts on stabilization and ordering all those courses at a restaurant.

My stomach can't hold that much food anymore! I'm 56 years old. I never want to go back to "stuffing" myself with food.

I see myself easing into my older age as a slender, healthy and well-dressed (Ann Taylor, anyone?) woman that does not need to eat huge quantities of bad food to satisfy some psychological (or whatever it was or is) need.

IP is teaching me this.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #68  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default Sleep cycle.

Question:

Has anyone's sleep cycle changed since starting IP?

OMG, mine has!

I sleep deep and hard for 5 or 6 hours and then I wake up and can't sleep anymore.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 142.5/131.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Day 1 on Ideal Protein

Today I started the Ideal Protein diet. I had the Maple Oatmeal Mix for breakfast. It was pretty awful. That's what I feared. I hope the other Ideal Protein foods are better than that. I've been reading over the recipe thread, and I found some that look pretty yummy. I wish I knew for sure which recipes could be used on Phase I of the diet. I don't want to accidentally cheat! I am off to the grocery store. I have to get the veggies I need. TTFN!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #70  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Good Morning All.... Well winter has finially hit us in Alberta so we will have a white christmas after all, yipee . I love reading all the post on this forum!!!! My husband is officially out of the 200's after starting IP Oct 30, his total to date is 41, men lose so much faster the buggers!!! I do have to say I am totally impressed with him, he was a real junk food junkie.
He did agree with the change is sleeping cycles and he no longer snores which rocks for me. Also, he puts on an extra shirt or sweater as he is often cold as well.
Josh-Great job, it is awesome that you are getting your Dad on IP, I am also trying to get my Dad on, both sides of our extended families have weight issues.
Anyway, just wanted to say great job to everyone!!!! Have a great weekend!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #71  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Question:

Has anyone's sleep cycle changed since starting IP?

OMG, mine has!

I sleep deep and hard for 5 or 6 hours and then I wake up and can't sleep anymore.
I also sleep better and get to sleep faster. I don't' know if it is from a lot less sugar in my system or someone said the magnesium in the last supplement helps - but I really like that i can sleep well.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #72  

Luvmymarine: It took me a little bit to get used to the Oatmeal, but now I really like it. I put a little Splenda on it and about a Tablespoon of Walden Farms Pancake syrup. I also make it a bit differently then the directions say..and it seemed to change the texture to more oatmeal-like. I put 1/2 c. water in the microwave for 35 seconds...then I mix the water and oatmeal in a bowl with a whisk...pour it into a small soup bowl..and put the mixture back in the microwave for 20 seconds....take it out and stir it....and put it back in again for the last 20 seconds. See if that makes any difference....

I sleep deep when I finally fall asleep. I am a nightowl...so it is hard for me to go to sleep, but you are right....probably the magnesium is helping us sleep deep.

Lilita...had to laugh when you mentioned the lunch with your DBF. Last month when my son came up, I took him to one of my favorite restaurants. I knew this was gonna be tough...cuz I love their bread and their creme brulee. SO --when the bread came, I DID have one piece, dipped it in the flavored olive oil, and then pushed the rest of the loaf to him. His eyes just lit up! So - I ordered a salad and then I ordered 2 Creme Brulees for us. When it came, I took 2 bites - and thought, "This is good but not worth gaining weight" -- so I pushed the Creme Brulee over to him too. He said, "Boy, I REALLY love this diet you are on." Later he told me he knew I was serious about IP when I passed the Creme Brulee!!

So -- you picture yourself as an "Ann Taylor" type, huh? Isn't it fun to think what we are going to wear? Me? I guess I am more like the Mom or Grandma on "The Nanny" -- I love the glitz and glitter. I just started wearing more lately cuz I feel more confident that I can pull it off "thinner."

I still feel "hot" AND "cold" -- but colder much more often. As I write this, there is a beautiful light snow falling (we have about 6" of snow)...I am in fleece pajamas and "Muckalucks"....but I still have to dress in layers. Since I have lost over 6% bodyfat...I betcha you guys are right...I lost my insulation!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #73  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
I have visited the trantien diet websit a few times and this time came across the following info that I think is worth sharing with you all.
Very interesting reading. A great reminder that we'll always have to be diligent to succeed!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #74  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Yes, I'm cold all the time. Used to be the opposite. Noticed it early on, when wyoming was still in the 50's. Not like the 0 degrees it is right now! But I just read two days ago that in tests they injected rats/mice with insulin and their core body temp went up. So I assume since we are ingesting low carbs our bodies are not churning out insulin...so we all feel cold. Just a thought.
Thanks for this explanation...This makes sense!! Others that are cold because of "lost insulation" are close to goal. I still have PLENTY of insulation and couldn't understand the constant cold feeling.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #75  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Welcome Back Torchlake, Valkyrie and Josh!

Welcome back all of you that "keep coming back."
To reiterate: this forum is a major cornerstone of my success on this program.

I have a great need to "share" this great program with others (like sharing a great book or great movie) yet I want to keep it "private" to a certain degree so people don't "watch" what I'm eating.

You guys and gals are great "listeners and sharers." Thank you.

Everything you write about helps me. I love the tips/recipes/links/feelings. Keep' em coming. PLEASE!

Yesterday, I tried Phase II (2 legal meals per day) because I was out running errands all day with my DBF and we went to a restaurant for breakfast then I cooked a meal at home for dinner. It seemed like so much food in one day!

My point is that when I do get to Phase II (for real) it will be so wonderful and easy to live with. I was so satisfied with my 2 meals that it was hard to eat anything else. Plus it was way less food than I used to eat before IP.

My DBF commented at the restaurant that I used to "order so much more food" at restaurants before IP.

I read Dr. Tran Tien's thoughts on stabilization and ordering all those courses at a restaurant.

My stomach can't hold that much food anymore! I'm 56 years old. I never want to go back to "stuffing" myself with food.

I see myself easing into my older age as a slender, healthy and well-dressed (Ann Taylor, anyone?) woman that does not need to eat huge quantities of bad food to satisfy some psychological (or whatever it was or is) need.

IP is teaching me this.
You know, they closed all the Ann Taylors here. I thought she was gone forever. I'll go online and see what's new.

I find I don't want to really discuss the diet with anyone. Maybe from some of my coworker's initial reaction to it. I just don't want to deal with the negativity. But you're right, I am bursting to talk about it with all you guys here.

Mirazon, I see you are still clipping along. Way to go! My next weigh in is Monday, and I haven't even glanced at the scale since my last disastrous weigh in last Monday. I feel a lot lighter, though. I've been perfect except for last night, I went out to dinner with my boyfriend and his father, and ate on program, but had a diet coke and vodka, because they were slurping down margaritas.>>>><<<<<that was them. Needless to say, I had to drive home.

Last edited by echobaby; 12-05-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Closed Thread