Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

I also wanted to share a few ideas for the salad dressing. (if you haven't noticed the cooking part is kinda my thing so if anyone wants any ideas for some of there favorite recipes never hesitat to ask!) I hope coolbreeze enjoys the gumbo!
ill post my regular dressing again
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice (just buy the big bottle
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp of whatever kind of herbs you enjoy
i do 1/2 tsp of thyme, garlic, red chili flakes, salt and pepper
if you want to add a tsp-tbs of soy sauce and/or spicy mustard that is delicious too!
I make this in big batches so its always there. Sometimes if kept in the fridge it may seperate and harden. Just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Here is my new discover...if you accidently over heat it..ooops it is AMAZING warm over a mixed salad, but even more so over spinach, YUM!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraj1022 View Post
mmmm shirmp gumbo. I will do my best to modify my favorite recipe. But it is hard because it has all sorts of naughtiness in it!
2 tbs olives oil
1-2 pounds whole shrimp
2 quarts water
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced green peppers
2 tbs minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomato (phase one only once a week!!!)
1 tbs salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 bay leaves
1/2 tbs onion powder
1 tsp thyme fresh if possible
1/2-1tsp tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp pepper flakes (if you like it with a punch)

1/2 a cup of diced white onion..normally this would be cooked in but we are not allowed cooked onions, so If you really enjoy your onions you can still sprinkle some on top, or use some green onions.

As far as the sausage goes, there is no sausage at your grocery store that is going to be what you need. If you really want those flavors in your gumbo, here is my recommendation-
1 lb of ground turkey or chicken...maybe even beef
1/2 tbs paprika
and you will want to add a little extra of the thyme, cayenne, pepper flakes and salt and pepper.

-As far as the creamy sauce you normally achieve with flour, if you add about a tbs or 2 of dijon mustard you get a little creaminess.

-this step is optional, if you can find FF, low cal, no carb shrimp/seafood stock use that and do half stock, half water but only 1 quart!!!

otherwise, peel and devain shrimp and drop, head and shells in the water, boil and reduce liquid to half

in a seperate pan heat olive oil and cook vegetables until translucent. add all spices except the bay leaves and let them toast for about 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Add stock, bay leaves and mustard (optional) let simmer for about 30-40 minutes or longer if you would like ( i have found with this diet allowing food to reduce down a bit, gives you more of what you want ) add shirmp and remove from heat after 2 minutes. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes (this allows the shrimp to cook, and absorb the flavor without being chewy)

ENJOY!!
YOU ARE SO, SO FABULOUS!!!!! I cant wait. That took along time to post, thanks so much!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
YOU ARE SO, SO FABULOUS!!!!! I cant wait. That took along time to post, thanks so much!!!
It is no problem! I feel lucky that I love to cook, I think if I didnt this diet would be impossible!! with all my recipes feel free to add more or less of what you like! I try to keep them moderate because I tend to like things way spicy and flavorful
Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #274  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

Well, down 2 more lbs. I don't know why I get disappointed when it's "only" 2 or 3 lbs...it's still going down! Coach gave me a few pointers to hopefully boost the weight loss. Highlight of the day...I had to go buy some new pants (second hand store since I'm not to goal yet). Hang tough, girls!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #275  
Started IP Oct. 19/09

S/C/G: 184.6/167/125

Height: 5'2

I had my first weigh in today....I'm excited to say that I lost 8.4 lbs! Wohoo! I do know that I'll likely never see a loss that big again, but it's a great motivator and a great kick start to the program!

I'm on to week two today, and am finding that it's getting easier and easier every day. I'm getting in to a routine and just playing around with the different foods and when I eat them. I can do this!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #276  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
I am also starting to experience some loose skin... Does anyone have secrets to share about this issue? My IP coach seems to sell some product for this but I don't know if it works and if it is sold in the US... I will sure ask her next time I go to her office! (on Nov 2)
There is another forum on 3FC in the maintainers section:

Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss
Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

I've not read any threads, so don't know if they will have any answers for you. Since I have so much to lose, I may have loose skin issue, but would rather have the weight gone.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #277  

Here is something quick I had for dinner. It was yummy!

Stir fry

7 oz shrimp
1 c broccoli
1 c califlower

Sauce
1 TBLSP Soy sauce
1 TBLSP Water
splenda to taste
cayenne pepper to taste

Spray pan with Pam - cook shrimp, add veggies until crisp tender, add sauce-
heat through.....enjoy!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 203/165/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone,

I went for my second week weigh in and I was expecting a loss of 2 to maybe 3 pounds as everyone says the loss goes down in the second week buttttttttt I lost 5.5 pounds. This diet rocks!! Several of my friends are starting up and now I feel like the expert. Weird as I am so new to it myself. I can't wait for my family to see me a Thanksgiving. The recipes on here are great and so easy. Thanks everybody and have a great Friday. Jenn
Old 10-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Saraj: I FEEL so lucky that you like to cook.....I HATE to cook! Your salad recipe is very similar to mine except I use water instead of lemon juice. Anxious to try it with the lemon juice. Also bought some of the mango drink...and thought I might substitute that for the water/lemon juice.

Spatime - I am going to SuperWalMart today (1-1/2 hr drive each way for me!! -- I really do live in the sticks!!). Gonna pick up shrimp and try that.

MontanaMom: I feel the same way when it is only 2 or 3 lbs....BUT as I was reminded on this forum....I was "supposed" to get excited about 1/4# loss weekly on weight watchers. What other diet have you been on that you really DO lose 2-3# a week (none for me).

Awful, rainy day here in Michigan. Last thing I feel like doing is driving to WalMart. I would rather put the electric blanket on, and go crawl into bed and read! BUT....I HAVE to alter this weekend. Everything looks so sloppy (I always wore my clothes big anyhow!! -- so now they look really bad). I don't want to buy new clothes yet...so it is either secondhand shop or alter.

AND -- I had to get a new bra yesterday. I usually wait until I go back to Cleveland and am measured there (professional fitting)....but I had to break down and get measured here. I went from a 42 to a 38...but get this...E cup (hope there aren't any guys on here). Darn thing was SO expensive, it should have been encased in gold!! (....hey, on the bright side....now "the girls" stick out further than my stomach!!)
Old 10-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #280  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Thumbs up Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmawy View Post
yahou !!!

hey girls ! hope you are all doing well . Lost of chatting on this topic i can hardley falow :P

Just got in from my wieght in !! lost 5.2 pounds this week !!!

for a total of 32 pounds ! I can not belive it !!!

I was suposte to be in phase 2 after 32 pounds but i decided to continue an extra 8 pound to make my total wieght lost 50 pounds !!

The three things i miss the most:

-Chesse
- Pasta
- carotts

( probably the 3 things that got me on this diet :P)

thanks for all your suport !! We will be looking beautiful at X-MAS !!

If you dont mind me asking when did you start IP?? :

I just started last week and today is my weight-in I hope to see results like yours!!!

with your new goal!!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #281  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
today was a bit rough. I helped at the little girls pre school today...halloween festivities :/ It started with them making mini "mummy" pizzas. They came out of the oven and I about died and i dont even like pizza. I then had to serve the brownies with chocloate frosting to the kids. I opened the pan and again about died...smelled sooooo good. Then of course parents begin offering me left overs. This was the first time it was truley hard!! Luckily I remind myself I made it through 3 months of Marine Corps boot camp, I can say no to a brownie...but I figured out why it was so hard. I had had no water! I was starving. It is sooooooooooooo important to begin drinking water the minute you wake up..otherwise GAME OVER!
I think halloween altogether is going to be a tester Also, Going to the grocery store triggered all my cravings.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #282  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Today is my first day. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised bu how good the cappuccino breakfast drink was. Wow.

I ordered two "legal" items from Netrition which arrived yesterday. They are Heinz sugar free ketchup and Jok n Al's chili pepper sauce. The ketchup is made with sucralose(Splenda) and tastes EXACTLY like the regular Heinz, and the chili pepper sauce is delicious. It sounds like it's really hot but it's not. It is also made with Splenda.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #283  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Are any of you PLANNING to go off program on either Christmas or Thanksgiving? Does the program tell you how best to do that?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #284  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I also wanted to share a few ideas for the salad dressing. (if you haven't noticed the cooking part is kinda my thing so if anyone wants any ideas for some of there favorite recipes never hesitat to ask!) I hope coolbreeze enjoys the gumbo!
ill post my regular dressing again
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice (just buy the big bottle
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp of whatever kind of herbs you enjoy
i do 1/2 tsp of thyme, garlic, red chili flakes, salt and pepper
if you want to add a tsp-tbs of soy sauce and/or spicy mustard that is delicious too!
I make this in big batches so its always there. Sometimes if kept in the fridge it may seperate and harden. Just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Here is my new discover...if you accidently over heat it..ooops it is AMAZING warm over a mixed salad, but even more so over spinach, YUM!
What can i use for a stir fry sauce without soy sauce - i should just go buy the low sodium, but the regular stalls my weight and adds water to my body - oh no!!
thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Are any of you PLANNING to go off program on either Christmas or Thanksgiving? Does the program tell you how best to do that?
I have a 10 day vacation in Hawaii over Thanksgiving and into the first week of December. I see 4 options.

1) Stay on program (ha!)
2) Forget the diet and enjoy it (yikes).
3) The Tran Tien Chanh website talks about food combining, and the need to keep carbs and fats separate. So going off plan, but trying to maintain aa low carb diet is another option.
4) I'm reading up on the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (CAD). Very interesting - there's a lot of common information between Ideal Protein and CAD. It's primarily low carb, but for the evening meal you can have anything, provided you have it in a one hour period.

I'm leaning toward option 4. 10 days is a long time to be off the program, so I don't want to lose too much progress and do option 2. But at the same time, I want to enjoy the vacation and not have to worry about packets (forget option 1).

For just one day (Thanksgiving and Xmas) I'd say if you want the day off, take it. Give yourself the freedom to enjoy the day and then get right back on (this is the key! don't let the holiday go on to long). In the grand scheme of things, what's 3 days to get back on track?

Stay strong for tomorrow! We bought a bunch of candy Tuesday night. My husband then traveled this week, so I made him put it in the trunk of the car that he then drove to the airport.
Closed Thread