Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #226  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs84 View Post
Out of curiosity, how much "off limits" food do you have to eat to get kicked out of ketosis? Is it as simple as a bite of something high-carb or a few sips of diet coke? I don't know much about ketosis, so I'm trying to understand. I went to my parents' house on the weekend for supper. It was day 4 for me, and I was finally starting to feel better after those first three days of ****. My mom told me we were having lean ground beef with ground up veggies (nothing restricted) in it to make it like a meat loaf. So, I had that as my lean protein and had salad, etc. I was almost finished eating when my mom said, "Oh, is it okay that I put tomato soup in the meat loaf?" My serving of meat loaf was around the 5 oz mark, so it's not like I had a whole bowl of tomato soup. But would that have been enough to bring me out of ketosis after just getting in? I have been sticking so close to the diet over the past 6 days, with the exception of that. But, I am still hungry all the time, and I thought that by now I shouldn't feel hungry any more. That makes me wonder if ketosis maybe hasn't set in. If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it
Doesn't sound like it's enough to bring you out of ketosis. If you want to be certain, you can purchase KETOSTIX from the drugstore. You pee on them, and if they turn any shade of pink or purple, you are still in ketosis. The darker the shade, the more ketones(burnt up fat) you are throwing off. The darker the shade, the less hungry you should feel.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #227  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

I've heard a lot of negative things about the taste of the Walden Farms dressings. I'm starting IP friday and was wondering what your favorite/least favorite dressings are? I'm about to order some. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
Thank you so much for this recipe. I will try it tomorrow. I am really struggling with the Walden Farms salad dressings. I've had to mix the ranch and blue cheese with a Tbsp full of hot salsa to disguise the taste so I could eat it. (I'm too cheap to throw them away!) I figure at this rate, I won't have more than the 2 cups of tomatoes in a week.

I read in one of the earlier posts that the spritz salad dressings might be OK. Would someone please verify if this is true or not??? Thanks
oh and if you like it you can throw in some soy sauce and hot mustard or dijon!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Woo hoo! I lost 8 lbs! 191 starting, my goal is 155. I made it through my first week and after day 3..no crazy hungriness. I am actually enjoying it. My days and nights are so easy. I know exactly what i will have through out the day and dinner is so simple, my boyfriend is unwillingly losing weight hehe. I really cant see myself eating the way I used to. I already feel so much healthier. I used to get so bloated I would seriously look pregnant and hour after I ate, and it has not happened at all! (i think i may have a gluten intolerance) I took the girls I watch to Mcdonalds on friday, one of them has cystic fibrosis so from time to time she needs a good fattening meal, and they have an awesome play place I brought my salad and veggies with me and go stared at like a freak! For the first time in my life I looked around and noticed how many large people were there, with there large children and overstuffed trays. There were some that I had expected to sit down with others because the size of there tray, but they didnt! It really put things into perspective to me and that is NOT what I want for my kids when I have them...or for myself! Yes when I have lost my weight I will indulge, but the difference will be once a week, not every day like I used to! I never want to feel like i was feeling ever again! does anyone know how to get one of those weight loss count downs??
Old 10-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #230  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Red face Walden Farms

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
I've heard a lot of negative things about the taste of the Walden Farms dressings. I'm starting IP friday and was wondering what your favorite/least favorite dressings are? I'm about to order some. Thanks.
I personally enjoy the dressings. My mother says it takes/smells like finger nail polish. I would suggest at least trying it. The more I eat salad without dressing I'm actually enjoying it. But the dressing is a back up plan if its hard to eat the salad. (I purchased Walden Farms at Albertsons)

On day 4 and feeling a little mind confusion, but nothing bad enough to make me stop!!

Keep up the great work everyone.

THINKING THIN
Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #231  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraj1022 View Post
Woo hoo! I lost 8 lbs! 191 starting, my goal is 155. I made it through my first week and after day 3..no crazy hungriness. I am actually enjoying it. My days and nights are so easy. I know exactly what i will have through out the day and dinner is so simple, my boyfriend is unwillingly losing weight hehe. I really cant see myself eating the way I used to. I already feel so much healthier. I used to get so bloated I would seriously look pregnant and hour after I ate, and it has not happened at all! (i think i may have a gluten intolerance) I took the girls I watch to Mcdonalds on friday, one of them has cystic fibrosis so from time to time she needs a good fattening meal, and they have an awesome play place I brought my salad and veggies with me and go stared at like a freak! For the first time in my life I looked around and noticed how many large people were there, with there large children and overstuffed trays. There were some that I had expected to sit down with others because the size of there tray, but they didnt! It really put things into perspective to me and that is NOT what I want for my kids when I have them...or for myself! Yes when I have lost my weight I will indulge, but the difference will be once a week, not every day like I used to! I never want to feel like i was feeling ever again! does anyone know how to get one of those weight loss count downs??
Congrats...on your weight loss.

I took my son to Mc'd yesterday and it was an absolute struggle. All the smells expecially the chicken nuggets and the apple dippers were hard to resist. I ordered a water......and just manned up and didn't give in. Cannot wait until the cravings go away!!

Good luck to everyone
Old 10-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #232  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Exclamation 3 things I'm missing!

BREAD
CHEESE LOTS OF CHEESE
BUTTER

It makes me sad to think of the amounts of those items I actually consumed each day Wow....

Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #233  

Smile No Aspartame!!

Hello! I have been on the Ideal Protein Diet for 1-year now. I started after kicking Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma's tushy to the curb! I started at 190.8 and was down to 155.8 shortly, but my body has been hovering at around 159 cuz I haven't been 100% on it. I'm back on full force now cuz I have a cruise coming up and I want to break through to 150 before! I started at a size 18 and I'm a solid 14 now and into some Junior sizes!

Anyhoo, my oncologist told me I am NOT allowed to have ANY aspartame. That is anything with the Blue packets in restaurants. Splenda is ok and some pink packets are ok when Splenda (the yellow packets) aren't around. I actually now carry Splenda with me in my purse. Diet Rite is OK and if you live where there are Sweetbay supermarkets, they sell their own brand called Waist Watchers and it is EXACTLY like the Diet Rites (splenda, no sodium, no caffine) but cheaper. The Vanilla creme sold in 12-packs is the best! I also now buy Koolaid and make it with Splenda instead of Sugar. THen I put lots of ice in my glass to water it down. Makes it last longer too. Here's to being healthier!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #234  

Creamy bacon, Cesar and Ranch are my favs! I didn't like the Marshmellow dip. Oh.. and the BBQ sauce is great on chicken on the grill!!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #235  
Cake for dogs, NOT ME!

S/C/G: 280/219/175

Talking 10 weeks!

10 week weigh in was yesterday...I know I haven't been on much, but wanted to share with you all.........
50 lbs gone!!!!!!!
It feels amazing! Keep in mind you can ALL do this...it gets much easier!

3 things I miss
buttered toast
movie theater popcorn
pizza
(I have cheated a bit and eat cheese on occasion as my 1 oz of dairy...it helps me stay on track, plus has no carbs!)
Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #236  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
i like the vinagrette (can't remember if it is raspberry?) But i also like the vinagrettes from Kraft.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #237  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

3 things i miss
1) Pizza
2) apples
3) granola
Old 10-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #238  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

275.9 + 36.25 = 312.15!!!

The 3 things I miss the most:
- Bread
- Peanut butter (especially when I see my husband eating some!)
- Cheese

Almost cheated last weekend when I baked apple pies... Smelled soooo good in the house!

Torchlaker: Keeep the good work - it is always harder after a cheat but you overcame the struggle when you did first started this plan! Even if I was afraid of the scale, I made it quite good (-6,5# for 2 weeks!).

Valkyrie: Wow - those pictures tell a lot about your determination! You are a inspiration!!

Next weigh next Tuesday - maybe I will buy a scale... cannot wait! (& still scared - love those mixed emotions!!)
Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogchef View Post
10 week weigh in was yesterday...I know I haven't been on much, but wanted to share with you all.........
50 lbs gone!!!!!!!
It feels amazing! Keep in mind you can ALL do this...it gets much easier!

3 things I miss
buttered toast
movie theater popcorn
pizza
(I have cheated a bit and eat cheese on occasion as my 1 oz of dairy...it helps me stay on track, plus has no carbs!)
HOLY COW, THAT IS SOOOO ENCOURAGING, I have a bunch to lose and am
very encouraged by the time frame! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Height: 5'5"

Walden Farms products that I like include:
Strawberry Syrup, Chocolate Syrup, Pancake Syrup
Honey BBQ Sauce
We tolerate the Creamy Bacon, Honey Dijon and Thousand Island dressing.
Hated Caesar and Ranch Dressings. And the dips (marshmallow, blue cheese and ranch) are horrid. Blue cheese actually reminded me of the smell of paint.

I was struggling on my veggies - avoiding doing a salad because I couldn't find a decent dressing. Last week I made a couple that were in the recipe file. SO MUCH BETTER THAN WF!!! I am now enjoying taking a big bowl of spinach every day with some homemade dressing. Save yourself the money and make some at home.

The one thing I'll keep the WF for is that we bought some of the singles packages. Those are good for travel.
Closed Thread