Glory's very long weight loss journey

You're on Page 5 of 13
Go to
  • wow your story is incredible! even though there is heavier people here than you and lighter people here than you it is an incredible story that has changed your life and could change others! thank you and i am very happy that you tried and tried and until you loved the most important person of all
    YOU!!!!!!!!!!
  • This is one of the best posts and stories on this site! I keep plateauing and I know it's because I'm not eating enough. But I just have such a fear of eating too much. It makes so much sense, but it's just hard for me to let go. I'm really going to try to make an effort to eat more after reading in your story that eating a little more helped you lose.

Your pictures are wonderful to see how much you changed. I think it's amazing how different people look when they are overweight. A good friend of mine always says, "Weight steals your looks". I believe it's so true when you see how much better and different people look after losing weight.

• Glory Your story is wonderful and so inspiring! I'm so excited because what you did to lose your weight is exactly what I'm finally doing to get mine off. You have reaffirmed that what I'm doing is right. I read the "YOU: on a diet" which sounds very much like the Super Foods book. Right now I have my bowl of high fiber cereal, walnuts, strawberries, and soy milk.

Thank you very much for sharing.
  • This was a great story. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • Glory, Glory, Glory you look SUPER awesome, (and very young and pretty too!). I love the picture of the scale, that's my favorite one, LOL! Great advise for all of us.
  • Wow! You are a true inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your story and your many insights into the way to success. Truly inspiring!
  • Thank you for your beautiful post. It helps me to remember that food is fuel, not a reward/treat/obsession. Keep posting, you make a difference.
  • What an incredible story! So many good tips in there..... I plan to read your OP again and again!
  • What an inspiring story!!! And your pictures are amazing!!
  • Jen, congrats on your story in Woman's Day!
  • Jen, you look awesome! Congrats on your achievement and on being featured in the magazine. You are such an inspiration. I am going to get the book about super foods asap. Thumbs up to you.
  • wow your story was great! I am 14 and weigh a lot and I am trying to get in shape and become the health person I need to be. Your story inspired me to do more and that what I am doing is not a diet, it is a life style and I change to better my self.
    Kelli
  • What an amazing story! I was reading it going that's me. Thanks for sharing!
  • Congratulations on taking control of your life and being a healthier and emotionally wealthier you. You look amazing. I hope you know how much sharing your story has helped others, so informative/helpful and with such heart. Bravo GLory
  • Congratulations!!
    You are truly an inspiration. Reading your story made me c realize that I could do this. Thank you for sharing your story and your pictures. I am now inspired to take some before photos and measurements so that someday maybe I can offer someone the same inspiration you have offered. Thank you !!!! And congratulations on your wonderful success.