Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Wow Glory, what an inspirational story! Congrats on your weight loss and lifestyle change! I think many of us suffer from what you have, including myself. i.e. Going on fad diets, losing some weight then going right back to our old eating habits once we hit the number we want to see on the scale. What I find most inspirational about your story is the health factor. I know that everyone wants to look good, but when it boils down to it, I think our physical AND mental health is what's most important in this weight loss journey.

Again, thank you for sharing your journey with us, it has definitely kept me motivated!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #182  

It's mostly a mind thing. A lot of people do great, then feel they've been doing so good so want a cheat day or two and feel like, "oh, i'll just work harder tomorrow.." wrong... WRONNNGGGG. When doing this you are creating a bad habit, which is just as easy as creating a GOOD habit. You can't fall into that trap else it becomes a cycle even if you get out. You have to set your mindset to know what your goal is, and see it happening then just act it out.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #183  
is chubby

The book link is an amazon affiliate link.
I don't think this is the right place to sell a book?
People are trying to motivate each other here not make it another place to sell one of the thousands of weight loss products, I think.
Other might disagree, but I would prefer to hear the story without a money-making link to a product. It just polutes the whole idea with profit.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

Amazing post really heartwarming thank you for posting
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4.75"

What a journey! Congratulations of the new you (o:
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Default Wow

Hi Glory, I'm a new member who is just starting to calorie count. I eat healthy and have been for the past year almost, I was just eating too much to lose any weight. I've been counting calories for almost three weeks, and I came on this website looking for support and inspiration. I have to say, your story inspires me. It's so great that you did that for yourself and learned the difference between dieting and a lifestyle change I've just started working towards my goal (lucky you, you've already achieved yours) but if I get discouraged I'll read your (long) story again
Grumpycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #187  

you are so inspiring!
portia91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #188  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyFatFat View Post
It's mostly a mind thing. A lot of people do great, then feel they've been doing so good so want a cheat day or two and feel like, "oh, i'll just work harder tomorrow.." wrong... WRONNNGGGG. When doing this you are creating a bad habit, which is just as easy as creating a GOOD habit. You can't fall into that trap else it becomes a cycle even if you get out. You have to set your mindset to know what your goal is, and see it happening then just act it out.
So true-thanks for sharing this wisdom!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #189  

This is very inspirational as well as educational. Thank you so much!
LindainLA is offline   Reply With Quote