Goal Photo Album If you've reached goal, please share your before and after photos to help inspire others, and show off your new body!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #121  
Mission to maintenance!

S/C/G: 227/150/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicEyez View Post
What an amazing story!!!! Thank you for sharing it wtih us ... And little did you know when you started your plan, you'd become such a huge inspiration to us all ... Kuddos to you ... You're AwEsOmE !!!!!
Thank you so much MagicEyez! It is still odd to me that I could ever be an inspiration to someone else, so to hear that both here and out in public still surprises me! I really appreciate your words. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkenkent View Post
You look great!
LBLAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 337/320/150

Height: 5'4"

These pictures made my cry, I can't wait to get there... Thank you so much for sharing. sincerely.
LoveManna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #123  

S/C/G: IDK

wow wow wooooow, you are AMAZING!!! we were losing at the same time only that you started with a highrt weight than me. i started on september 26 2009 and finished around september 14 2010, but i lost onlyy about 55 pounds. after i reached my goal i lost home and had to move away and all that sress made me binge and i'm gaining all back. i can't stop. i'm also old as you.
but you look way better than me after my loss. i was left with a lot fat and skin and i lost a lot of hair. did you have that problem? but i feel more confident as a fat girl than skinny one. when i was slim i always thought that i was too fat and didn't like untoned body.
so you're truly an inspiration to me.
and your friend looks sooo much like katy perry, i was like, no way she got to meet katy perry???lol
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #124  
Mission to maintenance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveManna View Post
These pictures made my cry, I can't wait to get there... Thank you so much for sharing. sincerely.

Aw, you can do it. I promise you this! Start with small changes and build for a healthier and maintainable future. I wish you the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
wow wow wooooow, you are AMAZING!!! we were losing at the same time only that you started with a highrt weight than me. i started on september 26 2009 and finished around september 14 2010, but i lost onlyy about 55 pounds. after i reached my goal i lost home and had to move away and all that sress made me binge and i'm gaining all back. i can't stop. i'm also old as you.
but you look way better than me after my loss. i was left with a lot fat and skin and i lost a lot of hair. did you have that problem? but i feel more confident as a fat girl than skinny one. when i was slim i always thought that i was too fat and didn't like untoned body.
so you're truly an inspiration to me.
and your friend looks sooo much like katy perry, i was like, no way she got to meet katy perry???lol

Missunshine! Why thank you! Sorry to hear of your setbacks, but what is most important know is that you've recognized your harmful habits and are working to make the changes. I feel like maintaining is really this whole other part of weight loss that really isn't as discussed as much as it should. It's unchartered territory and really takes some time to realize how your body has adapted to the weight loss, and also the level of activity/calorie consumption that you can maintain for life...something that I still learn more about each day I maintain my loss!

I guarantee that I do not look better than you did at your lowest weight, so stop that thinking right away! I did experience some thinning of my hair, but it eventually began to thicken out over time thanks to different vitamins and supplements I've been taking. Also, strength training is KEY! But no matter what you've got to focus on the positives!! Sure you're skin might be saggy now, but what about your strong sexy legs that helped you achieve your weight loss. Sure there are days where I get in front of the mirror and play the evil mind games, but I really try to nip that in the bud and focus on the positive. For too long I stood in front of the mirror over 225lbs hoping for a change in the reflection, now I own this body I worked for, and everyone should no matter their size!

And yes that is Katy Perry, I used to design her myspace and promotional things wayyyy back before she was famous so we've maintained our friendship over the years. She is the kindest, most down to earth pop star that I'm completely honored to say that I know! And she was amazingly supportive during my weight loss! Although now she tries to feed me cookies when ever I see her!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 264?/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

So not to sound like a broken record, but you look ah-maz-ing! Way to go!!We are around the same height, though my starting weight is a bit higher, and reading stories like yours finally motivated me to see that I can do this too - the only thing stopping me is, well, me! I just wish I had this revelation sooner!

Would you mind sharing what vitamins/supplements you are taking for your hair? My hair has also thinned out and I'd appreciate any advice you might have!
pochamma10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #126  

Height: 67.7

Congrats, you look stunning!
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #127  
is chubby

congratulations!
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 337/320/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBLAZY View Post
Aw, you can do it. I promise you this! Start with small changes and build for a healthier and maintainable future. I wish you the best!
Thank you so much! I weighed this morning and I'm 18 pounds down! Woo-hoo!! Thanks for the hug xoxo

Last edited by LoveManna; 04-19-2011 at 05:37 PM.
LoveManna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #129  

Congratulations Lauren! You did something millions of Americans want to do. I had a question for you if you wouldn't mind.

How long were you over weight?
When did you start gaining weight?

I'm wondering because I was always normal weight until the last 10 years then I gained and lost and gained out of control. I was wondering will I have stretch marks to? I don't have any now but when I get thin will I have, I wonder? You look amazing because you don't have extra skin. Stretch marks are a small price to pay for good health. Again Congratulations for a job well done!

Kit
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #130  
Mission to maintenance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochamma10 View Post
So not to sound like a broken record, but you look ah-maz-ing! Way to go!!We are around the same height, though my starting weight is a bit higher, and reading stories like yours finally motivated me to see that I can do this too - the only thing stopping me is, well, me! I just wish I had this revelation sooner!

Would you mind sharing what vitamins/supplements you are taking for your hair? My hair has also thinned out and I'd appreciate any advice you might have!
Thank you very much Pochamma!!! Sorry for the delay in response! For helping my hair out I started taking flax seed oil and making sure that my daily vitamin had high amounts of vitamin B & biotin. Also making sure I get the right amount of healthy fats & omega-3's has helped. I also started using a shampoo called Nioxin suggested to me by my hair dresser which helped any further hair from falling out after using it for about a month. Overall once I stopped losing weight though and my body realized that I had all the proper nutrients it started to thicken out again very slowly but surely!! Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Parker View Post
Congrats, you look stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbykins View Post
congratulations!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveManna View Post
Thank you so much! I weighed this morning and I'm 18 pounds down! Woo-hoo!! Thanks for the hug xoxo
Woohoo you go chica!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit in AZ View Post
Congratulations Lauren! You did something millions of Americans want to do. I had a question for you if you wouldn't mind.

How long were you over weight?
When did you start gaining weight?

I'm wondering because I was always normal weight until the last 10 years then I gained and lost and gained out of control. I was wondering will I have stretch marks to? I don't have any now but when I get thin will I have, I wonder? You look amazing because you don't have extra skin. Stretch marks are a small price to pay for good health. Again Congratulations for a job well done!

Kit
Hey Kit!
No problem about the questions! I'm more than happy to discuss any aspect of my journey at this point!

As I sort of mentioned before, I had been overweight for the majority of my life,just a lazy kid, not really into sports and I definitely turned to food for comfort. I probably gained about 50lbs during college which put me in the obese category (a la carte dining plan was taken advantage of FAR TOO MUCH), although I can't be specific on totals since I avoided the scale until the day I decided to make a change!

I think when it comes down to stretch marks, I remember getting them at a very very young age and asking my mom what these strange purple marks were on my thighs and stomach, so my skin had been stretched out since childhood, but I think loosing weight quickly, good genes, and including strength training definitely aided the lack of extra skin, although there still is some sag, as you can see in the tummy pictures, but when you're 110lbs down it has to be expected!! Hope this helps you!

--------------------------------

I also wanted to share two of my official race photos from MY FIRST HALF MARATHON!!!! I ran it with my bestest friend (who has also lost quite a bit of weight)! It was this past Sunday and I completed it in 1:44:16, completely surpassing my goal of doing it in under 2 hours! I'll post my Garmin stats too, because I am so proud of my mile splits time!!

EDIT TO ADD - I just realized (via looking at my signature) that I'm coming up on a year of maintenance! WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Last edited by LBLAZY; 05-04-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 297/work in progress /140

Height: 5'7"

You really inspire me Hope so I can lose weight in a year and half as I planned You were eating 3 or 5 meals a day ? Could you maybe post your sample menu ?

Congrats, you look stunning!!

Last edited by malamaza; 05-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.
malamaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #132  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

you look absolutely amazing!!!!! i cant wait to be in your shoes!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #133  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow! So, I realize this is an old thread, but since you are still checking in, Lauren, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your story and photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I look almost exactly the way you did in your 'before' pictures, and just this am after my workout, I was looking in the mirror and thinking that I will never look thin. Then tonight, I came on here and saw your pics and your amazing story, and just had to tell you that I am oh-so-inspired by you!

Congrats on your half marathon too!!! That is awesome!!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #134  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Huge congratulations to you, you look beautiful.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #135  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Amazzzing
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote