General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #16  

I have a question about NS - what is the general caloric intake for one day? Does it differ according to your weight? And what is the approximate cost for one week? Thanks!
macy_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Nutrisystem has a plan that is about 1200 calories per day, which is what most women are on, and they have a plan which is about 1500 calories per day, which is what very overweight women or very active women are put on, and men. They can add another serving or two of food for those with higher caloric needs, such as really active men. For women though, it is generally 1200 and 1500.
The cost varies slightly per week, depending on how much food you buy. If you buy food one week at a time, the shipping will add up more than if you buy 4 weeks of food at once. Check their website for the exact amounts.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #18  

I am moving this from the Support forum over to General Diet Plans!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #19  

Ok, so I asked this question somewhere else and didnt get any response. Thanks Aphil for the heads up... Anyway...I was just wondering if there was any difference between doing something like NS and buying the premade diet tv dinners...such as WW's Smart Ones... I know the counselor aspect is different of course...but anything else? Thanks
momof3hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueg
ACK! Nothing flips me out more than ~CONTRACTS~ !!!

As for the face-to-face, I live in a fairly remote area - 42 miles one way to civilization - so I'm not big on that aspect!

I'm just hoping that the convenience of the Nutrisystem will keep me on the straight and narrow.

I'll have to hop on over to the NS website and see about their forum - didn't realize they had one - thanks for letting me know!

Sue g

It sure kept ME on track! I never felt any need to "cheat" or eat something else in 3 months. I custom ordered my food however to ONLY give me the choices I liked. I dropped the stuff I hated, made a huge differance.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3hes
Ok, so I asked this question somewhere else and didnt get any response. Thanks Aphil for the heads up... Anyway...I was just wondering if there was any difference between doing something like NS and buying the premade diet tv dinners...such as WW's Smart Ones... I know the counselor aspect is different of course...but anything else? Thanks
After 4 months on N/S, I have gone to the TV Dinners from Healthy Choice etc. MUCH prefer the food from N/S but just can't afford the food right now. The TV Dinners when on SALE cut about 50% PLUS off the price of the food per month. That's a LOT of money to someone out of work!

Last edited by Pappy; 08-09-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #22  

The more I think about it, that's a lot of money period!
Old 08-13-2005, 06:35 PM   #23  
Movin on down the scale

I have been on NS for just over 2 weeks, and I have lost 9lbs. Yes it is pretty spendy, but with autoship/and other discounts, you get a months worth for under $300. I would have to pay much more than that for health insurance, and since this is benefiting my health, I would rather spend the money here..lol

The NS plan is pretty easy to follow and the food so far has been REALLY good (with a few exceptions, that I will NOT be ordering again) But that is the beauty of it, I can pick and choose.....
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #24  

Which foods did you not like?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:47 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 235/135

Height: 5'4"

Default what tastes good?

Hi,
I'm really thinking of doing this but I don't want to spend a lot of money on food that tastes bad. Most people here seem to really like the taste. That is encouraging. I'm so out of control right now that I figured I would let someone else do the meal prep and planning for a while.
keepnsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:36 AM   #26  

Well I think the prepackaged food works. it teaches you self control and opens your eyes to portion control. Its hard to find breakfast in the tv dinners but give it a try what could it hurt. just calculate your calories on the back of the box and add them up not to exceed 1200-1500 calories. make sure you add fruits and veggies cause the entrees won't be enough to fill you. If you try nuitrasystem for a week and don't like it don't reorder. see what its like. whatch your sodium on the tv dinners tho. if you have high blood pressure.

I joined Jenny Craig a week ago and lost 3lbs my first week. would have been more if i didn't go out on saturday but i had no choice. Any way the food on jc is awesome and they also have a jenny direct at jennycraig.com. Any program works if you work it. good luck!
karyn818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:50 AM   #27  

The breakfasts on Nutrisystem don't seem to really be "tv dinners" as in frozen or canned meals. On their site it is small, portion controlled granola bars, and cereals that range from 150-180 calories plus a fruit and a dairy to fill them out. If you used store bought food-you would just pretty much meausre out a proper portion of cereal, or use a granola bar for breakfast and add yogurt or skim milk-and a piece of fruit for the same sort of meal that NS or Jenny Craig would offer.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #28  

I have been on JC for my second week now, and i understand that its very new to me but i have to add that not all the jenny breakfasts are cereal. They have pancakes, french toast, cereal, granola cereal, sunshine sanwhich and stuffed breakfast sandwhich which are all really good. Its all real food in correct portions. Good Luck.

If your looking for a program thats portion controlled without thinking about it or measureing or counting then its the program for you. I did WW and hated the weighting and measuring and counting but beelvive in the ww program if you have time for it and love to cook. Good Luck
karyn818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #29  

Nutrisystem is not all cereal either-they have other entrees such as muffins and eggs-I just used cereal and granola bars those as a couple of examples of small, portion controlled items that they offer.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #30  

I lost 218 pounds on nutrisystem in 1984 so I know the program works....I was injured 10 years ago and have been pretty much couch ridden...so I have gained 120 of it back...which I am not happy about....but ....I am back on nutrisystem again...
~whitedove33~ is offline   Reply With Quote