General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm an avoider! My to do list is so long and complicated that it feels like I'm constantly procrastinating. Everytime I have an unpleasant task to complete I eat instead. And nothing gets done!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:09 PM   #197  

For me.... I'm finding there is a 'sort of' pattern. I usually only get hungry around 10 so I don't eat before then. Then I get hungry around 1.30-2, then again at about 4 and then about 7pm. It does vary a bit though depending on what I'm eating...but that seems to be the way most of my days pan out. And I notice that when I'm doing something that I'm particularly passionate about - I have to remind myself to eat because I completely forget that I even have a hunger.
Caring Cari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #198  

I think this is what sorta blows me away. When I was dieting myself stupid - all i ever wanted was confectionery and everything i couldn't have...and the minute I went off the rails that was what i'd pig out on, usually in secret (often my secret binge bar - my car) and then hide the evidence. It's almost like - if you look at your hand and think about the palm of your hand (let's say it represents 75% of your food) being foods as close to their natural state as possible (eg an apple), the first 2 joints of your fingers (let's say it represents 20% of your food) as being semi processed (eg apple pie) and the last joint (let's ay 5% of your food) as being totally processed (e.g. apple jelly) then I had it all the wrong. About 30% of my food was in the medium to very high processed state and slowly I've just watched as (totally without effort), my changing has slowly moved so that now I probably eat 75-80% close to it's natural state e.g. grilled, steamed, salads etc... and only about 20-25% is processed in some form or another and who knows it may change even more. It's not that I'm TRYING to eat this way - it's just what I noticed seems to have happened. Pretty awesome that!
Caring Cari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:52 PM   #199  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
That's why I don't post much. I lost 40 and then stopped but I know I would feel a lot better at 120. can't get below 150 and usually stay at 155. Lately I haven't been weighing ..............what's the point?
Well everyday is a new day. By the way, I've stopped losing for now, so come on back

Last edited by FinallyFree; 03-02-2015 at 11:54 PM.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #200  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
I'm an avoider! My to do list is so long and complicated that it feels like I'm constantly procrastinating. Everytime I have an unpleasant task to complete I eat instead. And nothing gets done!
Let's do lunch
Old 03-02-2015, 11:59 PM   #201  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caring Cari View Post
I think this is what sorta blows me away. When I was dieting myself stupid - all i ever wanted was confectionery and everything i couldn't have...and the minute I went off the rails that was what i'd pig out on, usually in secret (often my secret binge bar - my car) and then hide the evidence. It's almost like - if you look at your hand and think about the palm of your hand (let's say it represents 75% of your food) being foods as close to their natural state as possible (eg an apple), the first 2 joints of your fingers (let's say it represents 20% of your food) as being semi processed (eg apple pie) and the last joint (let's ay 5% of your food) as being totally processed (e.g. apple jelly) then I had it all the wrong. About 30% of my food was in the medium to very high processed state and slowly I've just watched as (totally without effort), my changing has slowly moved so that now I probably eat 75-80% close to it's natural state e.g. grilled, steamed, salads etc... and only about 20-25% is processed in some form or another and who knows it may change even more. It's not that I'm TRYING to eat this way - it's just what I noticed seems to have happened. Pretty awesome that!
Yes, Very Awesome!

I am also starting to notice that the things the doctor tells me I should concentrate on eating are actually the things that make me feel better. I never really made a connection before of food and feeling good. I usually just thought about what my taste buds wanted and ate that. This begs the question, are those taste buds really our buds?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 38" waist/ 35" waist/ 32" wais

Height: 5'11

Just an observation... I had the norovirus in January and couldn't eat for 5 days. I think my body is naturally compensating for those calories missed by allowing me to eat more food. It's not like when I used to diet though, I don't feel "bingey", just hungrier than usual.
brooke1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #203  
Started 4th of July

I'd just go with it Brooke. Today I'm at 16 hours and still not really hungry, I'm going with it.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #204  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
That's why I don't post much. I lost 40 and then stopped but I know I would feel a lot better at 120. can't get below 150 and usually stay at 155. Lately I haven't been weighing ..............what's the point?
I'd love to be 150, I haven't seen that on the scale for years. But I'm gonna try and wait until my doctors appointment to actually look at my weight now. That will be a few months. I decided that last night, so I stop looking until then.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:14 AM   #205  

I'm only 5' 4".
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #206  

Quote:
I'm only 5' 4".
I'm 5'4" on a good day and I wish I could be 155lbs.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #207  

I've been triggered. Rant!

Ugh, with spring right around the corner I'm sure we're all being triggered. I don't even bother shopping nowadays because the racks and shelves are filled with short skirts and tank tops. I'm soooooo not feeling ready to bare! So I've been feeling anxious even before today's incident.

So a friend/colleague (if there is such a thing) called as she does every once in a while to gloat about her recent accomplishments. Of course it's all under the guise of complaining about how tired she is and how she won't be able to get it all done and how's she's upset that so much has fallen on her lap but I know her, this is her way of being super impressed with herself. Needless to say I was encouraging and supportive but inside I was annoyed and jealous. I know that nothing she does can take away from my own successes and accomplishments but we are in an industry where we have to be on stage and physical appearance plays a role.

The conversation left me feeling sad and anxious about my own career. I secretly feel like I excel more but that she gets her advancement based on her looks and interpersonal skills. It makes me feel like my fat body is holding me back and preventing me from getting the plumb gigs. I'm plagued with thoughts of "if only I was thin then I'd be getting that gig."

When she called I was in the middle of baking cookies with my son. A really fun activity for mommy and toddler and we were enjoying ourselves. After the call I felt a sudden disgust with myself that I was wasting my time AGAIN with food when I could be working and getting ahead.

Progress and then self destruction. When will it ever end?

Last edited by Palestrina; 03-05-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #208  
Started 4th of July

I do understand what your saying Palestrina. I'm in a different situation than you though. I'm a granny, so it's ok to be a plump Granny in our society. At least in my circle. But DH wants me to live a little longer so we can enjoy our senior years. So nice of him.

Well this intuitive eating philosophy has helped me in my overall outlook about eating, but I must go back to some type of plan to get my weight off for health reasons. When the book says all foods are ok, I know for a fact they aren't for me. As a matter of fact I just watched a video that explains it really well about what too much white flour and sugar does to you over time. I'm sure it helped me get into my boat, but I'm wanting out of this boat.

It's been nice visiting with you all, and hope the best for you in this Way of Life. Actually I plan to apply many of the principles to my WOL. I believe it could dove tail together. I'm heading back to IF. I've always thought if I could just get that habit going, it would work for me. It did in my youth.
I understand the feeling of wanting to be Finally Free from the tyranny of food bondages.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #209  

Quote:
but I must go back to some type of plan to get my weight off
I know how you feel but nothing ever worked for me but IE and I just can't diet anymore. Today I felt hungry so started to fix lunch but when I got it ready wasn't hungry but ate it anyway. Go figure.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #210  

Carol,

I get frustrated when that happens, too. I asked my dietitian about it and she said that hunger comes and goes. If you've felt it before you're still hungry you're just not feeling it right now so it's okay to eat. Hope that helps.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote