General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Plan that will work with nursing mother?

I am looking for some kind of plan that accepts nursing mothers (and when the baby is fairly young, starting at 6-8 weeks, I know WW does after 6 months I hear but I would like to start sooner). I also want it to be the kind of plan that just tells me what I should eat (ie. this food at this meal) rather than something like calorie counting where I have to figure it out myself. I have done calorie counting for most of 8 years but would like to try something a little more structured/less work for me.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Maybe visit a registered dietician to get a plan that will work for you and your baby?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your new baby! I'm still nursing my 17month old but obviously not nearly as much or often as a newborn. I will tell you that for so many people nursing helped them lose weight - for me it was quite the opposite. It made me super hungry, and I craved carbs. Unfortunately I did not go for the healthy carbs such as brown rice and whole grain bread... I reached for the sugar, the cookies, the cakes, the donuts, the pasta etc. It created an addiction for me and I'm battling that right now.

Just wanted to say good luck, dieting was out of my capability for the first few months of my baby's life so I am no help there. I hope you find the plan that works for you.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote