General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #16  

I was looking at your blog a little today, Obi. It sounds good but I've never been much of a person to do that kind of thing. I think I spend too much time on the computer as it is. But good for you for keeping it up.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #17  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Obi thanks for the info. I was trying and am still trying to decide whether to start a blog. Just don't know. I am reading Diets Don't work and watching I can Make You Thin videos, it all has to do with IE, so far have been doing good, but am trying to work on eating slower and being more conscience of the food I am eating despite the distractions of every day life. Have a blessed day all. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #18  

Have you ever noticed that after you have been sick and eating less for a few days that the next few days you are really hungry? I over did it today.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #19  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Unhappy

I just started re-reading the overfed head and was thinking thank goodness I discovered IE and had some stuff I wanted to post to get some discussions going...then I came across this post. Its basically a discussion on whether IE works or not.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...intenance.html

Kinda took the wind out of my sails.

I've come to realize I'm never going to be a strict carb or calorie counter and while I know the carb count and calories on most things I eat the thing that has helped the most is asking myself am I hungry, am I satisfied.

So does this mean I'm setting myself up for failure? I also wonder is it like calories counter who don't agree with low carb people? The post is in the maintenance forum so these people have been through so they must know more than I do...right?

Blah.

Something else makes me want to hunker down and lose the weight and prove it can be done with IE. I lost 50 lbs doing it before so I know it is possible ...extremely focused.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 11-10-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:09 AM   #20  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 165/156/145

Height: 5'8"

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think there's a plan out there that works for everyone, including calorie counting. The human body is immensely complex and there could be hundreds of reasons medically or behaviorally why Plan A didn't work for Subject B.

Personally, I've tried a lot of different diets. I can say for a fact that the South Beach Diet did not work for me (and I followed it to a T!) It's a great, healthy plan and I know it works well for others, but for whatever reason, my body did not respond to it. Conversely, Weight Watchers worked great for me in the short term, but I was not good at keeping up the counting in the long term.

I think the important thing is to find a plan that (A) works for the individual and (B) can be maintained in a healthy manner.

Just my two cents. Off the soapbox with me now!
Katterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:22 AM   #21  
Intuituve Eater

Thanks katterina I think part of it maybe I haven't been on the scale in a bit. We'll see...Its a process and honestly I'm happy even if it is slower.

So Back to my regularly scheduled program. A while back Catholic Cajun I think mentioned in the overfed head he says to eat till you're not hungry, not till you're satisfied.

I haven't finished the book, but I think they are 2 different things. For me If I'm hungry lets say getting home from work I'll grab a snack to take the edge off the hunger(eating till I'm not hungry) but I know I really want more and I'll have dinner till I'm satisfied. I also ask myself how hungry and and how much of something do I really want. I ask myself this constantly through out the day. If Im unsure I try and give it a number from 1-10. I've also been playing around with no eating immediately. Not because I don't want to eat but because I want to make the decision of when I'm ready and eat the thing I actually want.

Yesterday I was hungry at lunch, but didn't pack one. So I went to wholefood where I've done death by buffet. I decided while it looked good I didn't really want that much and ended up getting a Frozen meal. I did stand there for a min or 2 think what do I really want. Is the frozen meal enough do i want to add something...no...I just want to eat the meal and be done with. The buffet wasn't enticing, I could have it, but wasn't really interested.

I think thats the reason I love IE, as soon as I restrict something either outright or because it doesn't have the correct(calories, carb or whatever)count I instantly want it.

Anyway, the other thing I've been trying to do is not assume I must have x number of things because thats what I'm used to. I made a veggie omelet for breakfast and I usually use 2 egg beaters because I can't possibly be satisfied with 1. I made it with one and honestly it looked like enough.

Ok officially off the soapbox and feeling perky.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #22  
Intuituve Eater

Smile

@Catholic Cajun.I stay start the blog, can't hurt anything and nice way to keep track of things you discover on your journey.

I've been counting my chews when I find myself eating too fast. I know it sounds obsessive but it gets me to slow down.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #23  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

@Carol about the blog. I think mine is a bad example. Its more like a personal diary not at all witty or helpful to anyone else. katterina's (sp?) was pretty cool. Also I think I've been obsessed lately with working out.

So right now its 1:30 and I'm hungry, but I'm hanging out while I wait for a friend to pick up something for both of us. It isn't all consuming. Im not getting grumpy. I know I'm hungry, but it isn't controlling me. I'm not running to the vending machine because I want what I want. The food will come I'll live. In a good yet weird place.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 11-11-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #24  

Great news, Obi, the waiting till you get what you want. I still am conscious of calories but try to eat anyway. I had some Hershey's shell today which is pretty high but I ate just enough. I think some one said lately when they start denying things, that's when they want them the most. All things in moderation.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #25  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

I still do some of the calorie calculation in my head and I wanted to watch my salt and water intake so I was doing some logging. My ankles seem swollen no matter how much I exercise and drink water. At the end of the day it is IE that keeps me say and going. I also noticed on the days I dabble in calorie counting I am more focused on eating at a certain time and I seem to pack more snacks. When I do more IE I tend to eat 3 meals and thats it. I'm not interested in the snacks because I don't really want them. Like tonight I'm hungry, so I heated up some roasted vegetables. There is baked chicken as well, but not in the mood for it, just the vegetables.If it was a calorie day I would be thinking I have enough calories for the chicken and eat it.

We'll see how it goes.

Since you brought up chocolate. I did have a splurge and go tot he godiva store the other day. I bought a a few different kind of truffle. I at some, decided I was done and eat the rest today. I did wonder how many billions of calories did I just eat, but was happy didn't feel the need to have them all at once.

Im going to attempt my first baked good this weekend. Cheesecake.... only problem is i don't really want the wholething, blah....anyway wish me luck

I have been sticking to my exercise routine. What is everyone else doing?

ok, off the soapbox and going to grab my dinner. Have a good night.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #26  
Intuituve Eater

So the other day I was talking to a friend who asked do I eat fruit for breakfast and I said no it isn't really filling and I just don't do it.

Today after my workout all I wanted was grapes and a piece of cheese....

Have a good weekend

-Wacky Obie
Old 11-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #27  

The only exercise that makes me feel really good is Bodyflex. There used to be a thread about it. It is a special breathing method with stretches and also a gym bar for weight lifting type exercise. The creator is Greer Childers. Later she came out with Shapely Secrets, same breathing but with those exercises where you work muscle against muscle.....I forget the name of those. I like Bodyflex better.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #28  

Here is a link. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...flex-real.html
Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #29  

There was a long thread about Shapely Secrets a few years ago.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...y-secrets.html
Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #30  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Well hello! How are all of you doing? This past week I worked on eating slower and being more conscious of my eating, the book I just finished reading said to put the fork down between bites, well, I found something that worked better, I pray a Hail Mary for each bite, one prayer for a different person, I will probably change prayer from time to time or memorize a different Scripture or affirmation, but it really did help me slow my eating down and someone gets the benefit of a prayer!! We are having a dreary rainy day today, slow at work. Hope to hear from you all soon. Have a blessed evening!!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote