General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #106  

BTW, does anyone have any links to good recipes for Fat Smash phases? I haven't been able to find any here on 3fatchicks, but I might be overlooking them.
Yokosuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #107  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

yokosuka, i am struggling with that as well. i'm kind of bouncing between plans now. the good news is that even when i've been off i haven't gained more than 2 lbs. back. even when i'm off i still use a lot of the principles of the plan - small meals several times a day and a lot of the right foods - but eating too many calories and some of the wrong foods(and beverages). i like the idea that you can go right back on. and since the plan has really helped me lose weight, i am motivated to do so. how did you do on detox?

i am back on a modified detox now(allowing myself coffee and wine on the weekends). trying to stay away from sugar and processed foods and to exercise more, esp. cardio. i count calories as well and lose best when i keep it under 1000, which i know is very low. the good news is that when i bring my calories back up to a more reasonable level(1500 or so), i'm not gaining more than a lb. or 2.

keep posting!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 171.4/161.4/145

Height: 5'5

yup, I caved again yesteray.....dang birthdays anyway....so my net gain from 2 days off is 2 pds.
Here's to today. And, Yokusuka, I did have the pizza and b-day cake. I was craving something other than the food list....and this just came at a bad time. So, shaking myself and here's to a new day.
Natamars, that sounds like my calories...when I looked thru the week, I realized that I do average 1000 ...give or take 200. It's kind of funny really, because that was the level of cal. I always used in my younger years...it just was the amount all diets seem to have had then...and the only level anything would move for me. Sometimes I think the higher level of cal is just a hype of keeping us on diets....Don't know but I'm such a skeptic, and think the industry really doesn't want us thin anyway....

Have a great everyone.
bubu59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #109  
Hopeful Member

Day 3 of being back on plan. Going OK. Down about .5 to 135.2. 134 is my recent low, so once I get below that will feel like I am back on track. Starting to feel better about it in general.

And I'm giving away my final pair of fat pants this week - yay!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #110  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

After some deliberation, I've decided to do one round of the extreme fat smash (event next month :P) and then for the longer term do the original fat smash after. I've made a shopping list, and really only have a few things to get such as yogurt, salad veggies and fresh veggies for supper as I have a supply of kiwis and strawberries for the fruit portion of the meals and a snack (plus rice cakes and chocolate covered raisins for the two 100 calorie or less snacks).

I'm starting on Saturday the first, at this point because I have some "off plan" items that are calorie counter friendly but not FS friendly.

A question for you ladies, I haven't read the original book (YET! its on the reading list for tonight!), but, I have lots of salmon and tilapia (aka "fish" in the EFS?) and I don't really like my first bone dry (without sauce)...anyone have a on plan recommendation for a sauce or dip ?
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #111  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post

A question for you ladies, I haven't read the original book (YET! its on the reading list for tonight!), but, I have lots of salmon and tilapia (aka "fish" in the EFS?) and I don't really like my first bone dry (without sauce)...anyone have a on plan recommendation for a sauce or dip ?
Try either of these two, I used them while on South Beach and they are both very tasty:
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Sou...n-Sauce-109817

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hudsons...ce/Detail.aspx (I used reduced fat ingredients in the sauce).

I don't think you're supposed to have "fatty" ingredients like mayo with Fat Smash, though, so I'd recommend eating these before you transition over completely.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 04-29-2010 at 09:34 AM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #112  
Always Learning

^^ TY!!

In the EFS it says you can have up to a teaspoon of mayo. That second recipe looks PERFECT for it.

I'm starting the day after tomorrow. Tonight was a "omg nom" night, tomorrow is a "no caffiene" only juice if I need it day and then Saturday is my first day on EFS!!! Though, I'll admit I'm editing the food plan and exercise (I don't like ALL the days out of ALL the weeks so I took the ones that I do like and am rotating them through the week, and 65-85 minutes of exercise would KILL me.), I know you are supposed to do verbatim but, I don't know very many people who could start from doing nothing to do 65 minutes of cardio in one time period.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #113  
Hopeful Member

Good luck, 8675309! It's a tough plan, but it's working for me. I like the foods on it and I like eating small meals often.

Weighed in today at 133.4 - a new recent low! My calories have still been very low, so I'm watching that carefully. Felt good through Zumba! last night also.

Happy Friday!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #114  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I am eating on plan and exercising every day. Doing good, I am sick the past few days though but I am trying to get in all my exercise.
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #115  
Always Learning

Grocery shopping - check.
Last night of junk food munching - check...*nom nom* (pepsi, one of my weaknesses will be gone as of tomorrow)
Meal plan - check.

Now to just START. :P
Old 05-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies, I thought I would start us a brand new shiny for the month of May. As the weather is getting warmer I think it will be easier to eat all the fruits and veg our programs require (hopefully). I know it would help me stick to the detox plan this time.

Here's a link to the new thread to continue the conversations.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...pport-may.html

xx

Last edited by Taurie; 05-01-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #117  

I am finally back from being on the road. I am tired and I didn’t have time to grocery shop today. I will get myself situated tomorrow. I went down 6 pounds, but was expecting a bit more especially seeing how hard I tried. However, I have to stay grounded. I think being on the road impacted me more than I thought it would. I do want to try a bit on the Extreme, but I am not sure what the first phase is. Can anyone share? Does anyone else think it is a good idea to break it up like that?
Yokosuka is offline   Reply With Quote