General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 269/150

Height: 5'5

Default Phase 1 - it's only 9 days...

"I think I can...I think I can..."
Hello all, I am starting tomorrow. The fridge is veggie stocked, the rice is cooked and the oatmeal is ready to go.
I have done phase one before. Yup, it can be a tough one, but you do feel quite amazing after you do it...and then you get the reward of adding the yummies back in as you achieve!! There are some amazing things you can do with the limited list of foods - surprise yourself! Think outside of the box! Google recipes, they are out there (3FC's having the best available). Just keep your eye on the prize and maybe only focus on the length of the stage you're in for now - you know...day by day!
YumYum 8itall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

ok. end of day one. wanted to write a better post but i'm smack in the middle of wanted to chew my arm off phase....it's not hunger exactly...i'm actually full...it's just my body trying to tell me this isn't good....usually by day 3 i feel great so i know this will pass.....argh!
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #18  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Day 2 and Im feeling great this morning, had oatmeal and applesauce. I had the usual "detox" headache yesterday and I felt like crap but I feel much better today and Im ready to go, vegetarian chili will be for lunch, yummy!
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5"9

Day 4 for me, and I'm feeling good about things so far. Very tempted to step on the scale.

One of my favourite things about this so far is that it challenges me to think creatively about cooking healthy meals. I can't rely on breads, pasta, etc. so if I want something tasty I really have to put the effort in. So far I've made a great veggi chili, and last night I made curry chickpeas and spinach (basically just grill onions and garlic in olive oil, add tomatoes and chickpeas and chopped baby spinach and simmer for 30 minutes, then serve over brown rice) - so good!

Another life saver for me has been keeping full on fruit throughout the day, and making use of the egg whites to get me going in the morning. Oh, and I've been drinking a gallon of water a day to help fill in the cracks.

My biggest complaint so far is that I've been feeling a little off, not exactly exhausted, but not quite energized, either - it's a strange mix of both that seems to keep me from being as focused as I normally am. I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting to the sudden influx of nutrients!

Keep it up everyone!
ilunikavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

This is day 2 for me and my body is not happy. I am not really hungry, wasn't really hungry yesterday. But my body wants a candy bar so bad. Off to run errands then the gym.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #21  

I survived the gym. My legs are not happy, it has been about a month and a half of not working out. Man I thought I was going to starve by the time I left the gym. Which I kind of figured so I had a banana and an extra bottle of water in the car.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #22  

ok, so i'm having kind of a dilemma. once i'm on a plan i never.mess. up. it's like opening up floodgates...once i've messed up i find it impossible to go back on....i'll diet and lose a few pounds...then have a little screw up, get so depressed i go off plan altogether, and gain all the weight back.
so, this is day 2, and i'm actually feeling great. problem is, i made a pizza party plan weeks ago with a friend who doesn't live here and who is going back home tomorrow. i can't back out. i stressed about it all day and this is what i came up with...o stayed on plan all day until now. i worked out harder than usual.i will eat some pizza. i will not go overboard. i will work out extra hard tomorrow and be back on plan with no more exceptions. i will tack on an extra day to phase 1....
but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't feeling really bad about myself right now...
Old 01-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #23  

Jiggles77,

Try not to beat yourself up about it. I say don't go overboard and just do an extra day of phase 1. But don't beat yourself up about it.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #24  

I second that. I know you're supposed to pick a time when you have 9 days to devote to detox - but it just isn't possible sometimes. Make smart choices with the pizza like thin crust and vegetarian - limit what you eat and you'll be fine. Good Luck!!
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #25  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Day 3 and feeling a bit sluggish, funny how Im more tired now than when I eat the junk!

Last edited by PurdueGirl98; 01-06-2010 at 01:42 PM.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #26  

Day 3 and the cravings are starting to kick in. I didn't have the headaches or tiredness that I've had when I've done it in the past but boy am I craving the junk today!! I want something salty or some sugar baaaaaad!! Just have to get through today without hitting the snack cabinet when I get home from work!!
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #27  

thanks for the support you guys. here's the update: i ate two slices of pizza and one breadstick. i avoided the beer...and the cookies. i started day one again today and weighed myself...and luckily didn't gain any. it's amazing though, after eating the pizza i feel so much worse (physically) than yesterday (before pizza eating). just sluggish and tired and stuff. BUT i'm pushing myself now to do an extra big workout to make up for yesterday.
how's everyone doing today?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #28  

Oh, you didn't do too bad. I am okay today. Not really hungry, I don't think I was eating enough of protein, so I had beens for dinner. I managed to make it to the gym again today. Just tired and sluggish.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #29  
LynnWood

S/C/G: 160/137/120

Height: 5 ft

It's the end of Day 5 for me right now, and I'm still getting the munchies really badly. But I'm proud to say that I haven't cheated once! I've stuck with the schedule, and hopefully by the end of Phase 1 my stomach will have gotten a little more used to my new eating habits.

Also, I was wondering, would sushi be considered bad for phase 1? Or should I wait for Phase 2?
LynnWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 154/154/135

Height: 5;5"

Red face

Can I join?? I have been on Extreme Fat Smash for 4 days (today is day 4) and have been busting my ***, although I have not gone on the scale I feel as though I have gained weight. I have not given up coffee....just switched to 1/2 1/2 decaf-caf...
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote