General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #46  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Day 7 for me and Im feeling GREAT! Cravings are gone and I plan to extend phase one until I lose 15 pounds or until February whichever comes first!
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #47  
I'm wandering around

S/C/G: 159/152/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all! I'll be starting the Fat Smash diet tomorrow. I'm excited, but afraid I'll eat something I shouldn't. I have a question about the exercise. Would it be okay to do 3 1hr sessions instead of 5 30 minute sessions?

Last edited by Wonderball; 01-11-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Wonderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #48  

Hi everyone!
I started Extreme Fat Smash on Sunday, then went out to dinner last night and had regular dinner. Not too sure how to handle going out to eat! I bought both books. The Extreme Fat Smash only lets you eat 4 times a day. I'm thinking that if I am going to eat such few calories, that I want 6 meals, so I am going to go back to regular Fat Smash.

The exercising is good, and today my meals were great! I made the brown rice in advance, and loaded my fridge with fresh veggies.
Sandy
SandyJas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

I lost about 9 lbs I think. I was sleepy when I weighed myself. Today was a horrible day of eating. But I tried the biggest loser weight loss dvd, it was interesting.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #50  

Liferevr, was the workout hard? I thought about getting the DVD.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #51  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Day 10 today, I weighed in with an 8 pound loss in 9 days, not bad!! Its worth it to not cheat!
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #52  

SandyJas,

Too me it was harder than I thought it was going to be. I had to make adjustments to a couple of the poses, but other than that it was okay. i woke up a little sore but other than that I feel fine. I really want to take a class but my gym has the classes during the day .

Last edited by life4evr; 01-14-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Edited it.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #53  

I took a sneak peek at the scale even though it is only Day 4. So far I am down almost 5 pounds !
Old 01-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

hey everyone, sorry i haven't written in a while, things have been a little crazy....did sneak a peak at the scale...and i lost 2 lbs. not what i hoped, but for me and my snail like metabolism, it's actually pretty good....everyone still holding strong?
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

I want to go ahead and try this diet, but I've never heard of it before. I think I'll go to the library tomorrow and see if I can find a copy to pick up and read. Does anyone else even use the library anymore?

Maybe I'll walk down there, it'll be good exercise. And a great excuse to get out of the pizza filled house tomorrow. My little sister is turning 10 and we're expecting quite the turn out.

If anyone hasn't started yet and is looking for a buddy to start sometime soon let me know!
raeannmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Just a thought, rae, if you are thinking of following the original Fat Smash diet.

From what I understand the book is confusing; it has downright contradictions in it. You might gather that if you read all the sticky posts on this thread. What I did when I followed the diet was just to read the book review on 3FC. They really explained the diet very simply. It laid out the basics and I did not over think it at all.

For Phase I:

All fruits and vegetables except avocados and potatoes--fresh, frozen, canned. This includes corn, beans, peas, and sweet potatoes.

In addition, you may have up to 4 egg whites per day,
2 8-oz. glasses of skim milk,
2 6-oz. servings of fat free, sugar free yogurt,
1 cup of oatmeal, and
2 cups of brown rice.

I allowed myself some olive oil, not sure if the diet allows it or not, but if you are following this plan, a tablespoon or even 2 of olive oil is not going to hurt. I also used some salsa, again, not sure if "allowed", but I used some..it is so low fat, and you can find or make low sugar ones. I also added a few walnuts or almonds to my salads..Allowed? Dunno, didn't care. A few won't hurt..some healthy fat when you aren't taking in any bad fats..who cares? I really was careful about salt and sugar, but I did NOT give up coffee; I mean, c'mon! I did NOT use a lotta fake stuff, like Morningstar farms "burgers" and such. some is fine, but that is not the point of the diet. The point is to eat real food..fruits and veggies.

Beans of all kinds are allowed, so chick peas roasted with some great Trader Joe's spices is a great way to get fiber, protein, and full! The key is to get most of your calories from fruits and vegetables. It is such a healthy diet, if one added some fish at some point, it would just be such a great way to eat.

I felt great on it..have gone back to eating mostly that way..

Good luck!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #57  

How is everyone doing? I fell off the wagon the second day into phase ii. I really just don't know what to do. Can you tell I am tired?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #58  

Height: 5'4

I'm doing the 4 day diet also by Dr Ian Smith. I've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks. Not the same huge results as the FS, but I'm very happy with it. I don't think its as strict at the FS (especially since I take a break on the weekends and just gym it up and eat carefully) but it provides variety and keeps you full 95% of the day! I never thought brown rice and beans would do the job haha
If you are having a hard time with the FS, maybe give this one a whirl? Everyone is different, and so you have to find the one that works for you.
Red Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote