General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 02:31 PM   #76  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default I hit goal!!!!

I made it you guys. I made it to 200! I am too excited beyond words. Now my new goal is to hit 190. I know I can do it maybe not as fast as I would like. I have found that looking at the weight loss in 10s is so much easier to stay commited to than looking at it like I want to lose 60 or 80 lbs. But I did it! You can't imagine the feeling. But when I weighed at 200 it was 8:30 this morning then this afternoon after I woke up for the 2nd time I weighed again to see if it still said 200 well the good scale said 199.5 . I can jump on and off that scale and it still says 199.5 but I am not going to get too happy about the 199.5 because I can't believe it yet. So I will stick with my 200 and be happy with that and work hard at seeing the 90s! Woo hoo!

I have to go and get some exercise in before I get ready for work. Talk later. I hope everybody has a wonderful day.
Kina
Old 08-06-2002, 08:57 PM   #77  

Kina, Way to go girl I am so happy for you!!! I know how hard you worked for this. I am sure the next 10lbs will come off before you know it. Congradulations!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 02:32 AM   #78  
No Limit Souljah!!

Kina,

You've given me an all new motivation! I'm so happy for you. I know the feeling of getting on the scale and being ridiculously excited afterward!! Keep It up and let us know how it's going!
Old 08-07-2002, 09:27 AM   #79  

As an old friend of mine use to say, "Weigh to GO!" Great job, Kina! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-07-2002, 09:01 PM   #80  

YYay!!! Good job Kina!!!!! I still haven't weighed myself... I am afraid that the scale will be harsh... but I'm so happy for you!!! =)
Old 08-07-2002, 09:11 PM   #81  

WAY TO GO KINA!!!!!

chell
Old 08-10-2002, 01:14 AM   #82  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry Thank You

Thanks everyone. Gosh you all are such a great bunch. I am just coming home from my seasonal job. I had a good day all in all. But the best part was this morning when I jumped on the scale...197 ! If you can believe that? I could hardly believe it myself...so I hopped on and off a few times even had DH come and look while I stood still. He says "210!" I was like "WHAT!" and I looked and it read 197...OMG you should have felt my heart jump. I would die if I ever see a 2 at the beginning of the scale ever again.

So I am happy to say it is sliding off. But for some odd reason this is how I started to lose weight in the beginning. I would lose quick then hit a plataeu and then just sit at the same weight for a while then like now just start sliding off. Strange? I wonder why ? So I am anticipating a plataeu soon. I am just not looking forward to it. But at the same time I do alot of movement and lifting at my evening job that I work up a sweat in air condition temps. I mean I build up such a sweat that it is dripping off my strands of hair. Crazy! I like to work up a sweat like that when I exercise.

I definitely feel it in my clothes now. My 2X shirts I use to tug on to fit better into are hanging on me with lots of room. No need to tug some extra room into them anymore. I can't wait to get my new clothes to fit my new figure. But I am going to wait until we get closer to September when I start my classes. Because hopefully by then i will hit 190 and will be able to fit into a smaller size. I am not expecting a size 10 but anything smaller than a plus size would be wonderful!

I must go get ready for bed. I work tomorrow evening and then off Sunday. Take care to all. Keep the post alive everyone. We all need the success stories and the not so successful stories. I know many of them hit home for me and encourage me. Talk later.
Kina
Old 08-10-2002, 09:18 AM   #83  

Kina, you are doing son great! Almost half way to your next goal!
Old 08-11-2002, 10:31 PM   #84  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Hello

Well I have some good news and some not so good news. The bad news first...I got off track Saturday night after work. I was nto hungry after having my slim fast at work. But I kept thinking about Taco Bell that my stomach started to grumble. Then I would stop thinking about it and then i would be okay. Then I would start thinking again and there went my hunger pains. Mind we are talking 11:30 at night. So where do you think I ended up after work? Yep, Taco Bell. I ate a steak burrito supreme and 2 crunchy tacos. Which is quite good for me because I used to eat 6 tacos, a tostada, and a burrito . But since making changes I have not done that anymore. Actually I don't crave fast food like I used to. But the good news is that I was able to maintain 197.5 for my weigh in this Saturday. Thank goodness. So that is my story of my hurdles and accomplishments.

My dad started the slim fast diet. Like he needs to he has already lost 30? lbs since June! But anyway he bought the Banana creme flavored. He offered one to me I am looking forward to trying it. But I forgot it there at the ranch. So I asked him if he would bring it over to the house when he comes tomorrow. He said he would. I really wish Slim FAst would sale inidividually so that I can get a taste of one before buying the whole case. My dad had bought the cappucino delight. He wasn't crazy about it. Anyhow. I must go now. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep in touch.
kina
Old 08-12-2002, 09:07 AM   #85  

Kina, you did great to control yourself as much as you did in the midst of a snack attack. You didn't do TOOO much damage since you didn't gain any. Great job! I have been having thoughts of Taco Bell lately also. I keep wondering how much the new 'bowl' would be calorie wise. I am sure it is bunches!

I have vet appointments today. I do think I may have actually l;ost a pound or two though. I can't wait for those Smart Technique tapes to arrive. I am curious to see if they re-program my way of thinking about food.

Ta-Ta,
Karen
Old 08-13-2002, 08:59 AM   #86  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi to all.

Karen~~~woo hoo the possibility of a pound or two lost is great. Smart Technique tapes? Can't say that I have ever heard of them. I have been watching the paid advertisements of The Firm and I am very interested in getting them. I can't remember the price probably because it was way over what i would like to pay...LOL. But I am considering them seriously. I guess because they promise results with just a little of your time. Lately that is all I have left of my day a little of time. I haven't been getting much exercise in and starting next week it is going to become impossible. I will start working at my day job at the college. I think subconsciously I am stressing and noticing that I am grabbing at food that isn't necessary. So I need to work on it before I find myself in the 200s again. Aaargh just when I think I have figured it out. It is not easy. But I have decided to buckle down and stop stuffing my face as soon as I walk into the house after work at 12 midnight. That is the worst time to stuff you face.

On a lighter note...has anyone found the new granola bars by Slim Fast and given them a try? I saw the commercials on the tube but when I went to the grocery store they didn't have them on the shelves yet. So I am sitting here waiting? I love granola bars. But I like them crunchy. The ones from Slim Fast are going to be chewy but I am willing to bend. They will be meal options not a snack bar. So give me feedback if you have tried them; I am interested.

Today I will be trying the Banana creme shake that I got from Dad. I can't wait. Well I am logging off to get some sleep. My oldest should be off to school any minute. Many SMILES to you today and everyday.
Corina
Old 08-13-2002, 09:55 AM   #87  

Kina, I completely understand an uncontrolled stuff. I have been doing the same thing the last few days.

I first saw the Smart Technique on an infomercial. Here is the link to the site if you are interested in hearing more about it.

URL removed by moderator as it is against forum rules

There is also a website that is a support group for people who are using the Smart Technique and the 6 Week Body Make Over plan. Go to the bottom of the page and pull down the menu. The Smart Technique is at the very bottom of the menu. If you want to read more about it the web address is:

URL removed by moderator as it is against forum rules

There are some people there who are experiencing some success. There is also a refund (less shipping and handling) if you are not satisfied with the results after 5-6 weeks. That is enough to complete the tapes. I hope it helps with the cravings. I could really use some help in that area!

I hope you like the Banana Creme shake. I really like them. I froze one along with a banana. Cut the banana up into the blender and then added the frozen drink. It was so thick it had to be eaten with a spoon and was very delicious. I would love to hear what you think.

I haven't seem the firm commercial but have heard people discussing them on another forum. I will keep an eye out for it. It sounds interesting.

Have a good, good day!
Old 08-13-2002, 04:33 PM   #88  

Hey Kina,
You were saying that you wish SlimFast sold cans seperately so that you could try them before you buy them... well...... at the Vons where I live, near the pharmacy, they do sell SlimFast cans one by one. They are more expensive that way, but it is better to buy 1 @ $1.50 and not like it than to buy 6 at $6.00 and not like them.
Hope that helps your "tast testing". =)
Old 08-13-2002, 06:27 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

I've also seen Slim Fast cans sold separately in Variety stores....bought one once in 7-11.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:51 AM   #90  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Thanks Holiday and Jen. I will keep my eyes open. I know the store I usually go to doesn't have them in singles but they do have the meal bars in singles. I think I just have to shop around to see if I stumble across them.

Thanks Karen for the links you provided. I will take a look once I get a chance to breath. Meaning...I will be work 7 days this week at my evening job and starting my day job on Monday. OMG!!! I am already pulling my hair out. I think I can do it.

I tried the Banana Creme tonight. It was good but it wasn't as sweet as the Orange Pineapple, which is my favorite. I think I am going to stick with my Orange Pineapple until I find a better fit. But I can't wait for the granola bars by Slim Fast to come out on the shelves. I bet they are going to be great. It will give me a break from the shakes.

I better go. Oh I think I am at a stand still at 197.5. I expected it. I don't know it is kind of soon to tell if I won't or will lose more by this weekend. I have been working up a sweat at work so hopefully I will lose some more. We'll see. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep in touch all.
Corina
Closed Thread