General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 10:32 AM   #16  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies. I've been comming to 3FC's for three years now and doing Slimfast for almost that long. I've lost a total of 60 pounds so far. One of the things i have noticed is that weight loss goes in cycles and you will hold at a weight for a while before loosing more. If you keep track of your measurments as well as weight you will likly notice changes occuring even when you are not loosing. I also take pictures of myself regularly so I can see the changes in my figure. When i first started I did pee a lot but that may be because of all the excercise I was getting with the new job I had at the time. I had not worked in 6 months and was retaining a lot of water.
Kina -try this: Blend that orange pineapple with one peeled orange and a bit of vanilla sherbert or low fat icecream. It is sooooooooo good! Only once in a while as a treet.
I love to make shakes out of mine by blending them with ice most of the time. I like the Equate brand too and thos caremel crisp bars are divine. But I buy my Slimfast by the case of 24 at Sam's Club and they don't carry the Equate yet. In the Summer I use the shakes and in the winter I use the bars since I don't like to have cold meals in winter.
Hereicome-If it makes you less worried try just having one shake for breakfast or lunch at first and when you get used to that move to two a day. It is easier to give up one meal a day than two at first. You don't always have to play by the rules. I don't always do two a day myself. And definatly plan for a mid morning and mid afternoon snack. It helps a lot and keeps you metabolism up which bur\ns more calories. Speaking of which I believe it is time for my snack.
Hope you find this information useful.
320\260\140
Old 07-13-2002, 10:52 AM   #17  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Thanks Cowgirl. I may give that a try when I craving something sweet.

Have a great day.
Old 07-13-2002, 07:21 PM   #18  

Hi everyone, I like your idea cowgirl of taking pictures of yourself. I have so few pictures of myself and in most of them I am trying to look away. I think it would be good for me to see that I am making some progress. I do not take measurements either which I have always wanted to do, I think I will. Exercise is hard for me too, especially in this heat. My daughter, 9, and I started to take walks in the evening. I mapped out 2 miles with the car and we walk that about 4 times a week, at least. I am having a great time talking with my youngest, and the walk goes much more quickly than when I am on the treadmill. I hope you all have a great weekend. Take Care.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:53 AM   #19  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi everyone.

I agree with you Cowgirl. Pictures are a good way to motivate you and also help you to see the difference in your weight loss. I have been taking pictures of myself since June 1. Which was when my family started a weight challenge. For the past few weeks I have not been able to get the scale to budge. But people had mentioned about how i was looking different in the face. I myself had noticed the way my jeans were fitting. So pictures have become a 2 week ritual for me. I compare the most recent to my first photo. I do see the difference even if my scale doesn't want to show me the results.

On the other hand I since my fall I haven't been doing aerobics because of the jumping. I figured the jumping around would cause more pain than good. So I started doing yoga and I think that may have been the cause of my 1 lb loss. I don't know but I had not been able to get that scale to move before I started yoga and now it moves. I am only 5 lbs away from getting to 200. I hope to be there by the end of the month. That may be too big to dream but I am going to try really hard.

Well thank you for keeping in touch. I hope the best of luck for a great weight loss week.
bye. kinarina
Old 07-15-2002, 01:53 PM   #20  

Kina, congratulations on your loss! And I hope you reach your goal. I bet you can do it to.

Is yoga difficult? Are you using a tape or a class?
Old 07-15-2002, 02:56 PM   #21  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Thnaks karefree2. Well about the yoga...it is a DVD that I follow. It is very beginner level. I say this because the title of the DVD is "Yoga for Dummies". You know--like the books we see in the stores "Algebra for Dummies"? It's like that. It is very easy. Towards the end I do get a step behind but I still keep going. And boy let me tell you...I am sweating toward the halfway mark. Even though I am not jumping and all that aerobic stuff. I sweat about as much as I sweat when I do the aerobics with Denise Austin. I don't know but yoga does something for a person internally as well as externally.

Thanks again and welcome to the thread.
kinarina
Old 07-15-2002, 04:13 PM   #22  

Kina, thank you for the welcome.

Madonna swears that she got back in shape doing yoga. I have watched the show that comes on "O" in the early mornings but it is a joke! There is NO WAY I could bend that way and not end up hospitalized! LOL!
Old 07-15-2002, 07:27 PM   #23  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Oh are you talking about the yoga with Steve Ross? I used to do that yoga a few years ago. But my new satellite provider does not offer the Oxygen channel. I can't wait til the contract ends with this provider so that we can get Direct TV again.

I didn't think Steve Ross was impossible to do. Maybe a few of the moves were a bit challenging but do what you can without hurting yourself. But it has been over a year since I last seen that show you are talking about. There are some tapes that I have checked out at the public library of yoga. I am like sitting there and saying "Yay RIGHT!" So I know exactly what you mean.

The DVD that I have is really nice because it has a first level then it goes to the real thing. In the first level it shows each step and the proper way to set yourself to hold the stance and even how to breath. Then if you can't do it the way she is showing she has like a picture in picture view of a modified version. So you have a choice of doing it the more challenging way or do the modified version.

Wow so your saying I can look like Madonna one day. LOL. She is amazing even after having children! Silly talk. Well even like Denise Austin she is gorgeous has had children and is like stick thin. I wish!

What is your way of weight loss? SW/CW/GW?
Old 07-15-2002, 09:16 PM   #24  

Hi, I do not use SlimFast yet, but I am thinking about it. I am hoping to lost about 15 pounds in about two months. I have gained 10 pounds in the past year. Do you think that that goal is possible? What is the SlimFast diet like??? Also, do you guys exercise as well?
Old 07-15-2002, 11:50 PM   #25  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Holly. I have been using ready made shakes by slim Fast since September 2001. Back then I was just drinking the shakes no exercise, no sensible eating, and I was eating my usual on the weekends. By January 2002 I had lost about 10 lbs. To me that was amazing. Now just this June 2002 I really got myself in gear. I can't say that I did the sensible meal very faithfully but I did cut back in my normal eating habits. I was weighing 215 on my DRs scale in March. I weighed in at 210.5 on my scale June 8 I am down to 205 today. In June I was walking/power walking/jogging/stairclimbing daily. Also working out to Denise Austin daily. Then started exercising to Denise 4 times a day also walking 2-3 miles a day. Now I am not walking because of the rain, mosquitos, and list goes on. But I am doing yoga, using a ab roller 5 min. a day, and just started using a stepper and twister 10-20 min each daily. All that along with my slim fast. I had been stuck at 206.5 for the longest time and just this Monday was able to get the scale to move to 205. I drink more than the suggested 8 glasses of water. I just recently started incorporating salads for one of my meals. I do eat the food I love but in moderation. No more pigging out like it is going out of style.

My favorite flavor is the Orange Pineapple made with soy. It does not bother my bathroom time. Many people say that they have problems there and for that reason they give it up. There are so many lactose free slim fast products now that you shouldn't just give up so easily. I have to say I am stuck on the Orange Pineapple and many times I find myself craving it just to have something to drink and cool off the hot day.

Well good luck on your life change and might I add check out the slim fast website for flavors and success stories it is very motivating. I am on there also code name: kina. Welcome to the thread Holly.

bye. kinarina
todays weight: 205
Old 07-16-2002, 01:12 AM   #26  

Thanks so much for the reply and for the welcome Kina. I will be checking out the SlimFast website. I'll let you know how it goes. Where are you from? How old are you? I don't know anyone here yet. I am really glad for you and how well you seem to be doing. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:58 AM   #27  

Hi ya'll!

Welcome, Holly. I just started myself but have found some wonderful recipes and inspiration on the slim fast web site.

Kina, LOL, I don't really know what my weight is but I am sure it is well over the 200 mark. I would like to get back down to about 180 and I am sure I need to lose at least 40 pounds to get there.

I know this sounds silly but I hate to weigh. It depresses me to know that I have allowed myself to gain all this weight and I will use that as an excuse to eat. Perhaps after I feel like my clothes are getting a little looser I will hope back on the scale.

Yes, I believe that is the mans name who does the yoga program on "O". I totally understand about some of the feelings on some of those positions! I NEVER was able to bend like that! EVER! Not when I was 2 or 20 or 40! Some of those people must be double jointed.

I love the slimfast website but am not really fond of the message board. I find it hard to read and follow. I don't see how a conversations could be on-going. I will look for you there though on my next visit.

TTFN
Old 07-16-2002, 09:42 AM   #28  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Who is Kina really?

Ah the poet is trying to come out. Just kidding. All you do is click on profile in one of my posts and it's like you and I are having a tea party getting to know each other a bit better.

What the profile doesn't reveal is my age and gender. I am 29 (hoping to stay that way for the rest of my life). I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter...that means I am a female. I attend college (except during the summer). I am majoring in Business Administrative work...I don't know why they don't just say CPA. I am from Texas. So that means I am a HOWDY DOODY gal. I don't work except in the summer. My summer job has not started yet. I work testing cotton. I love my job. Then when that is over I don't work unless I work part time at the local college I attend.

I have not always been overweight. I hate to say that I gained all this weight after having my children. Because I feel I am putting the blame on them and that would not be fair. But you understand what I mean. When I was a young girl I always weighed 120-125. After my first prenancy I weighed 200 then I would go down to 165 and then back up and would never pass that 200 mark. I decided to do something after I realized my weight had ballooned to 225 and I had no other excuse other than it was my own fault. So I have not always and forever had a weight problem. I have just been a heavy adult. I wish I could wave a magic wand .

Okay enough of little ol' me. Until next time.
Kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-16-2002 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:39 PM   #29  

Angry

hello all,
this is my first time here. i have been doing slimfast since march 18. so far i have lost a total of 58 lbs!! i still have 62 more to go. i was wearing a size 26 jeans, and weighed 270 lbs, at the age of 29 . i had to give up regular soda and switch to diet soda--yuck. but so far i have done it. i have some friends that i email with and they say i have only lost a pound--but i always say at least you didn't gain a pound!! well good luck everyone on the diets!! and pretty soon we will be turning heads again!!
Old 07-18-2002, 05:53 PM   #30  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

welcom chell. this a nice thread if i do say so myself. i have been on slim fast for some time and have not lost as much as you. I wish. But I have given up either. I don't drink soda all that much. In the beginning I didn't do any exercise and I didn't do any sensible eating and I ate my usual way on the weekends...yet i had lost 10 lbs just drinking a shake a day. Now in June I really put it in gear. I am exercising and eating a bit more rationally. I am down to 204.5 as of this morning. I feel wonderful. I am also 29. I started at 225 pounds in September. Not a great number for me since I am only 5.3 in height.

well talk more later. bye.
kina
Closed Thread