General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 01:11 PM   #1  

Default My diet plan.

My diet consists of the following items:

Frosted Shredded Wheat
Rice Chex (Until it runs out, then it's only shredded wheat)
Salad with low fat dressing
Summer fruits such as peaches and melons.
Water
Fruit Juice (Until it runs out, then it's only water)

I also walk 3 times a day for 30 minutes each and I lift weights twenty to forty times each day as well.

Would like to hear some suggestions for my diet. Possibly thinking about adding yogurt, though I already get calcium from a pill I take. I refuse to eat pork and fried foods. More open to grilled fish/chicken. But my mother hardly makes it so you know. I'm on my third day on this diet. Alrite, peace!
Old 07-17-2002, 01:27 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Right off the bat - too many processed carbs, no protein whatsoever...little or no fiber...and WAY too much sugar.

If you want to burn fat - ya need to eat a bit cleaner than that. BTW yogurt also has quite a bit of sugar in it. And you REALLY need to add protein. I checked your profile and you're still growing, hon - you need to eat more than just sugar! Sugar is going to spike your blood level and you'll end up hungrier than ever and craving even more sugar.

So your mom won't cook - then you need to take some initiative and cook your own stuff. I'd suggest investing in a George Foreman Grill - I've seen the "Champ" version for less than $20 at Target - and you can cook fish, chicken, and even some lean beef on it with little muss and fuss.

Instead of Frosted Shredded Wheat and Rice Chex - try eating oatmeal (NOT the instant stuff in the envelopes - get the old-fashioned kind), potatoes (both 'white' and 'yams/sweet'), brown rice, etc.

Fruit juice is all sugar - you're better off eating whole fruit - though in moderation.

Especially since you're lifting weights...PROTEIN is so important. If you're not eating enough protein, you are sabotaging your efforts - if you aren't feeding your bod enough protein, it will start burning MUSCLE and not fat!

I would like to suggest reading "Body for Life" by Bill Phillips - it's an uncomplicated eating and workout plan (check your local library)...and feel free to drop in on the Body For Life/Bodybuilding thread here at 3FC for more ideas and tips...

Another great website to check out is Krista's at http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html - it's geared towards women and has plenty of no-BS info.

It's great that a young person like yourself is trying to take control of her body...now all you need is the KNOWLEDGE along with the proper mindset and determination...you can do it!

Take care!
Old 07-17-2002, 04:37 PM   #3  

Default Hey

Laughing out loud, I should have said it in my profile, I'm a male! Not bad! Anyway, thank you for the advice. I will eat meat, I'm just disgusted by fried foods and pork. Like my mom made pork chops with cheese grits and baked beans yesterday, and I didn't eat it. Instead, I ate rice chex with salad. Yeah, processed carbs aren't good for you, that is true. I just got into the habit of eating cereal, so I can easily get out of it. My question is, when my mom makes pork or fried chicken, would beans be a good alternative for protein? I would like to know more about beans. Alrite peace!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:02 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Dude!!

Come on over to www.leanandstrong.com and our bodybuilding thread here at 3FC!!!

You actually might feel more comfy at L&S since there's a pretty high population of males there....there are very few guys here at 3FC - not that you're not welcome (au contraire).

Good for you for not eating fried foods. Beans are not the best source of protein BTW - in fact on BFL (along with most bodybuilding diets) they're considered a carb. I think getting a George Foreman grill would be a good solution for you, so when Mom makes the unhealthy stuff, you can grill a chicken breast or lean steak, nuke a potato or yam (yams are the BEST - great nutrition, tasty and filling!), throw some veggies on the side and voila - ya got yerself a meal.

Another alternative would be to invest in some meal replacement shakes. Myoplex, MetRx, or Lean Body (Labrada) are good ones. Stay away from Slimfast (I call it SLIMFAT) as it is so high in sugar - it's the equivalent of drinking a glass of Ovaltine.

But DO CHECK OUT the Body for Life book. It is SOOO easy to read and it's pretty cut and dry!

If you need more inspiration - from a guy point of view - I can't think of a more inspiring young man than Robb P at L&S...he's about 28 years old and has just had an AWESOME transformation! http://216.97.116.55/cgi-bin/BBS/lea...profile=robb+p

Hope to hear from you again soon guy! Take care!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:46 PM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Juice - a 'lil more inspiration for ya...

Here's a pic of Robb taken on 6 July at the Lift for the Cure (that's me being impressed watching him deadlift 405 pounds!)
http://www.leanandstrong.com/newlib/tg/91/dcp_4893.jpg

And this one is a comparision - June 2000 and September 2001!

http://66.34.72.178/Images/open-000944-000000.jpg
Closed Thread